IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

I had this dream where we could ask Jessa questions and she would only tell us the truth 

I wanted to know if she really changed her own tire when she was 3 months pregnant with Spurge back in the day :D

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jessa (and Ben),

If you're reading here, please make the hashtag for this pregnancy #Threewald2019.

Love,

The People of FJ

14 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Hey Jessa (and Ben),

If you're reading here, please make the hashtag for this pregnancy #Threewald2019.

Love,

The People of FJ

i think it's a boy :) what do i win 

The nub on that ultrasound pic is surely a boy.

Also, shoot me but I really love the name Spurgeon, and I wish that they chose Wilberforce over Henry. 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, HereticHick said:
Sticking with a theological/missionary theme?
Aimee Semple McPherson Seewald
Evangeline Booth Seewald
Corrie Ten Boom Seewald
Lottie Moon Seewald
[and stealing from the Bowers] Fanny Crosby Seewald

Yeah, I can see them using these names. My guess is Aimee Evangeline Seewald.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, meee said:
Why? Is she still thinking of this as a race? [emoji20] Poor Jill.

I might be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but I think whatever happened with Sam’s birth had a profound effect on Jill. That’s when she started wearing pants and pierced her nose. Ma and Pa Duggar’s version of fundamentalism-as-fertility-cult hasn’t worked out well for her. I think she has (just as unfortunately) begun to subscribe more to her mother-in-law’s version of conservative Christianity, (which, maybe... hopefully... ) is at least opening her eyes to the idea that a woman needn’t bear innumerable children at great risk to her own health and life.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, NotQuiteMotY said:

Yeah, they're grainy pictures. And?

I can't say much. We got an ultrasound at 12 weeks for this pregnancy and my only real comment was, "Hey, it's starting to look like a human now!"

Sometimes the kid doesn't cooperate in the official anatomy ultrasound. If the parents are really determined to find out the sex and don't have another ultrasound scheduled, then they can get an extra at a boutique place. I don't get it, but not my problem.

I do wonder if she's "allowed" to show disappointment over the sex, especially if it would be a boy. I mean, she might be more likely to than some of the others, but would disappointment be seen as questioning God's plan and therefore verboten?

I think Jessa realized when they were picking it out!

Of course she isn’t allowed to show disappointment. Being disappointed or truly unhappy with the sex of your child isn’t „allowed“ for parents anyway. Maybe fathers can express a slight disappointment but it’s a huge taboo in many societies.

I'll never forget how vocally disappointed Cathy Dillard was when she found out Jill was having another boy. Awful woman. Anyway, I guess the mothers-in-law, at least, are allowed to express disappointment in the sex of their grandchild. Not sure about the mothers themselves. ?

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'll never forget how vocally disappointed Cathy Dillard was when she found out Jill was having another boy. Awful woman. Anyway, I guess the mothers-in-law, at least, are allowed to express disappointment in the sex of their grandchild. Not sure about the mothers themselves. ?

That was horrible, her next grandchild was also a boy. I could understand Jill or Derick wanting a girl since they are not sure how many children they will have due to the c sections and complications but for her to say that to them was awful.

10 hours ago, WisdomBooklet said:

Yeah, I can see them using these names. My guess is Aimee Evangeline Seewald.

I don't think she'll name her Aimee after her cousin Amy.

5 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

That was horrible, her next grandchild was also a boy. I could understand Jill or Derick wanting a girl since they are not sure how many children they will have due to the c sections and complications but for her to say that to them was awful.

Didn't she say "we'll keep trying" re: Derick and Jill?

26 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

She did. Horrible woman. 

15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

She did. Horrible woman. 

Also creepy as fuck. If my MIL said "we'll" keep trying she'd have gotten an earful. At the minimum.

47 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Wtf does she have to do with the trying?

Also, this comment makes it sound like she thinks Jill is a easy bake oven or something.

I get being disappointed on the mother's part, but mother in laws need to just keep it to themselves. My mother in law and I usually aren't super close at all, but when we had our ultrasound with our third and last and found out it was a third girl, I was kind of sad. She was at that appt helping with our other kids and said we should go shopping, girl stuff is so much fun! We went out and bought some cute little things and by the time we got home I was completely fine. That was something that has stuck with me all these years. How sensitive she was that day. My husband's brothers and sister went on after us to have 9 boys, so it turns out my girls are vastly outnumbered by boys in the family. Good thing we had all those girls! ❤️

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

There was this sociopathic MIL on "Not Always Right" who basically demanded a granddaughter from her DIL and son and went ape shit when she didn't get one. That's who Cathy reminds me of...

https://notalwaysright.com/making-grand-plans/103574/

Reminds me of my cousin. She just had an adorable baby boy 7 months ago and her bitch MIL is telling everyone "She better announce a pregnancy at his 1st birthday.!" No disregard for the fact that my cousin went through a hellish delivery and recovery and the baby had minor problems that he had a 2 week hospital stay. No let's put her health at risk all because this bitch wants a granddaughter. I really want to tell her off everytime I see her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived