IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

On 1/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, formergothardite said:

It would be like telling an alcoholic to examine all the alcoholic drinks, memorize the ingredients, drink only low-alcohol-content beverages, look at pictures of low-alcohol-content drinks, meet with support groups that discuss low-alcohol-content beverages and sample them all, hand out recipes for making your own concoctions, and then expect the addicted person to be less addicted or to abstain or drink in moderation at ten o’clock at night when no one else is around.

No Gwen. This is a terrible comparison. No one needs alcohol to survive. Everyone needs food no matter what they weigh. Some people need to learn about having a healthy relationship with food. Protip: it's not starving yourself.

...trust God with the way He made our bodies. He has created the instincts of all animals, all infants, all children, all men, and all women with the ability to sense when they have eaten too much. 

Has Gwen ever watched the Discovery Channel? Animals don't stop when they're full. They gorge themselves every chance they get. Lions aren't listening for The Growl and stopping when they're no longer hungry. Has Gwen ever had a puppy? They will eat until they're comatose.

GREED is at its zenith.

This is rich coming from someone who literally has more wealth than she can probably spend in this lifetime.

clothes are stretchier. 

Ah yes, the true agent of satan, elastic waistbands. Does Gwen own jammy pants or are they only for us commoners?

The present volume that can be eaten in polite company would have been completely embarrassing at one point in our history.

She may be right here, at one point it may have been embarrassing to fill your plate but generally speaking, throughout history being overweight has been a sign of wealth and plenty.

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

You need to listen to the inside of you—the internal control from the Heavens. It is there and can be reawakened if you would only get still and listen to the Voice from within. 

I have listened to my insides and they have told me that Gwen Shamblin is a moronic twat waffle that starves people in order to control their bank accounts and line her own pockets.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

Actually, I'm curious to know RF's attitude towards cigarettes and smoking among the membership.

Good question!

When I was a member in RF, cigarettes, black n’ milds, vaping and hookah was not encouraged / authorized by leadership and the general member populace. They did however turned a blind eye at times, and was open to the idea of cigar smoking. I never received any negative feedback from leaders for smoking (I quit years ago) the occasional cigar with “the boys”. As I recall, there were a few members that I knew of (mostly male, young to elder) that collected cigars. There was a fairly large group of men within RF that would smoke cigars every now and then with each other, mainly at small gatherings, private-ish social events and after parties.

I was involved with this small group. I would often trade cigars, share advice / secrets to keeping our boxes and cigars well humid etc with some of these guys. There once was a handful of pipe smokers that I knew who were relitively open about it.  I remember one open pipe smoking member catching some flack from a leader and he quit soon after.

I am not sure if RF leaders and the culture overall currently encourages cigars. Things change so fast there.

16 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She may be right here, at one point it may have been embarrassing to fill your plate but generally speaking, throughout history being overweight has been a sign of wealth and plenty.

She needs to say, “for WOMEN.” I’m not sure it was ever that big of a deal if men ate full plates of food over the last few hundred years. Let’s not forget kings like King Henry VIII who ate quite a bit of food at meals in public. 

44 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Now I'm really confused.

Hide contents

1200000549_ScreenShot2019-01-08at6_17_28am.png.7e7d777a3361e3448991967be649e8fa.png

Tobacco is an appetite suppressant. This isn't new news. I found this very entertaining article that discusses the "5 Health Benefits of Smoking" at LiveScience.com (and as an ex-smoker, I definitely won't be taking it up again for any of these).

I'm pretty sure I remember getting hungry when I was a smoker. Or does she think God won't talk to us as much if we use tobacco? Who knows? Unlike Gwen, I don't claim to speak for God, or know His mind, but I am fairly sure he's got better things to be going on with.

Actually, I'm curious to know RF's attitude towards cigarettes and smoking among the membership.

i took gwen to mean that you are missing body signals to stop smoking

Seriously, Gwen just repeats herself! I can't imagine her books have many new thoughts in them after the first one. 

We have all been created with two empty, needing-to-be-fed holes in our body. One is the stomach, and the other is the heart. The stomach is a literal hole in our body, which is to be fed with the proper amount of food. As for the heart, I am speaking figuratively of our deep-down feelings—your passion and soul. To satisfy these God-given longings, we may often turn to food and overload our stomach with more than it needs. Trying to feed a hurting, needy heart with food or anything on this Earth—alcohol, tobacco, antidepressants, sexual lusts, wealth, overshopping, the praise of other people, etc.—is a common error. These lifestyle choices or desperate copings really are no alternative, because they bring harm to the body one way or another. The person who attempts to feed a longing heart with food will stay on the path to overweight. Those who pursue an overindulgence of alcohol or tobacco or power will also reap the consequences of those pursuits. There is nothing inherently evil about food, alcohol, tobacco, currency, credit cards, etc. In Mark 7, Jesus pronounced all foods clean. However, it is wrong to become a slave to any of these things or to let them master you.

Me thinks Gwen is feeding herself with her love of praise, wealth, over shopping and power. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We have all been created with two empty, needing-to-be-fed holes in our body.

Uhhh...wording, Gwen. This makes me uncomfortable.

What the hell is wrong with this woman? Does anyone know anything about her parents or upbringing? I've known alot of eccentric people in my life but this craziness takes the cake. Pun intended.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:30 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

1.  A RF Royal (both sets of grandparents) grandchild has the middle name Versailles, as in Palace of.

I do believe he proposed in Versailles (it was somewhere in France) so the name is meaningful to the couple.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:30 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

How does Gwen/ RF justify or explain what seems to be an the very strong push/ active pressure against college from RF leadership and members?

To add onto what has already been said, the youth are encouraged to complete high school and take dual credit classes so they will have a semester or even a full year worth of college credits when they move on. In high school, if you're unsure what kind of career you want to go into, they have you take one of those career tests you can find anywhere online that gives you top three career choices based on your talents and abilities. Then they suggest you pursue something from those top 3. If none of those interest you, there is a small group of members that keep track of careers or trades that are currently in high demand in the Brentwood/Franklin/Nashville area and they will encourage you to go to college based on those high demands or help you with your resume and then you apply to the jobs that don't require college education. 

It's not that there is any kind of discouragement to attend college or pursue an education, it's just that many 2nd gen members are choosing to get certificates or licenses at 18 instead of going to college because they can get hired by their parents or fellow members. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:48 PM, Calypso said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but what does Gwen say about diabetes? I can't see her being supportive of members having to eat at regular intervals in order to manage blood sugar. It's a horrible thing to ask, but does she in any way encourage diabetic members to not take insulin doses, seeing as that would cause them to lose weight? 

I can't see any replies to this so I figured I would reply. For those with Type I diabetes, she encourages them to consult their physician about their new "diet" and the weight loss they'll be experiencing or have experienced. Maybe even put them on a lower dosage. She does say that weight loss is possible with Type I and that you can still follow her principle of hunger and fullness without it affecting your blood sugars too much because hunger and fullness is what your body was biologically programmed to follow.

For Type II, there are many testimonies from people who have said that once they've lost 50, 70, 100lbs, they no longer needed the insulin and would go to the doctor to confirm they're good to be off the insulin. She never suggests to quit cold turkey, but to consult your physician. The testimonies encourage new members that their diabetes might be "reversed" and that it is possible that one day, they won't need to rely on their insulin.

Nibbling on something small or taking a shot glass worth of orange juice to balance blood sugars is suggested, just don't go eat a whole meal's worth of food. Hope that answers your question!

38 minutes ago, Fashion Forward said:

Nibbling on something small or taking a shot glass worth of orange juice to balance blood sugars is suggested, just don't go eat a whole meal's worth of food

Sentences in the passive voice jar my inner alarm bells.  Who is doing the suggesting?  A medical professional?  

49 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Sentences in the passive voice jar my inner alarm bells.  Who is doing the suggesting?  A medical professional?  

Sorry, in my head this sentence made sense - That whole post is Gwen's advice, not my opinion or from a medical professional. She talks about diabetes in one of her books called The Tablet.

I was reading an article today by Adam Brooks on the Midwest Outreach website. I have to say it is very long but also well written and sourced - certainly WAY easier to read than anything I have tried to read that was written by Gwen.  I found this part particularly on point.  

these principles of eating within hunger and fullness are not commands of God as the only means to obey Him in this respect.  They are Gwen Shamblin’s suggestions.  They are not found in the Scriptures; rather, they are superimposed on the Scriptures.

Here is the link if you’re interested in reading more 

http://midwestoutreach.org/free-downloads/the-great-commission-of-gwen-shamblin-and-remnant-fellowship/

Ok, drunk and sad. With C-PTSD from a terrible mother, I claim that right sometimes.

Thanks to @WorseThan1Thinks, I understand why Gwen triggers me so much: Her husband is not a bad person for flirting with bisexual identity (not being "out", the term "flirting" seems reasonable so that he has control of his identity), and he is not a bad person for recreational drug use. The "bad-person" part is because Gwen exhibits her extreme hypocrite self (and he enables) by looking the other way in her own world while smiting death-rain on those who perform the exact same way as her own spouse.

Am I right, WT1T? Like you, it is so triggering to think about, that attempting to explain anything makes me sound like a dummy when I have calmed down and looked over what I wrote/published. Trauma really does injure the brain, and what you wrote made me think that trauma was spicing your words in ways you did not intend.

Right! Tears and off to bed. Thank you to everyone for all the support here to all of those leaving Remnant and those considering doing so. @Remnant Rejector, @RemnantSurvivor, @RFfamANON, @RFsurvivor, @RFSurvivor_2 and @Fashion Forward along with all others...my sincere gratitude and encouragement to you.

I can't remember if I did yesterday's devotional, but if I didn't just know it is exactly like all the other ones. Starve yourself for Jesus, give Gwen your money. 

Today's devotional is about if Weigh Down will work for you. Of course it will. It works for everyone because Gwen says so! 

A major concern in starting WeighDown may be “How can this work for me?” because: 1) “I am not particularly religious anymore” and “I feel a distance between me and God because I have been told this is a chronic disease or genetic and I see no cure,” or 2) “I have tried every diet 10 times, every diet pill and exercise, and failed miserably—so how can this work?” What we are really asking is… “Am I a failure? Has God forgotten me?” Well, you are not a failure, it is not genetic, and the Heavenly Father is not sabotaging you, and everyone is religious in that we are all bowing down to something or someone. Religion is simply what we adore or worship—what makes our pulse rate go up when we think about it, whether it be food, alcohol, tobacco, sports, computer games, TV, lusts, hobbies, the pursuit of fortune, etc. We are giving our heart and soul over to people or praise of man. Mankind tends—without intervention—to make the huge mistake of running after the created over the Creator.

Pretty sure Gwen's religion is her hair, her possessions, and her position of power. Not a whole lot of God in Gwen's life. 

20 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

I do believe he proposed in Versailles (it was somewhere in France) so the name is meaningful to the couple.

Engaged in Versailles? Honestly some of these RF folks Live in such an over privileged bubble Worse than actual royals!

10 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

The "bad-person" part is because Gwen exhibits her extreme hypocrite self (and he enables) by looking the other way in her own world while smiting death-rain on those who perform the exact same way as her own spouse.

Am I right, WT1T? Like you, it is so triggering to think about, that attempting to explain anything makes me sound like a dummy when I have calmed down and looked over what I wrote/published. Trauma really does injure the brain, and what you wrote made me think that trauma was spicing your words in ways you did not intend.

Certainly Joe enabling Gwen is just another factor that makes up who Joe is.  

But yea, my original post was either written badly or misread by some or some combination of the two.

I also clarified in a following post that I wasn't calling Joe a 'bad person' because he was bi-sexual or his drug use.  Simple as that.  Period.    

I'll post some details of why I called Joe a 'bad person' yet today.  Obviously that was my opinion and obviously everyone can come to their own opinion.

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

...everyone is religious in that we are all bowing down to something or someone. Religion is simply what we adore or worship—what makes our pulse rate go up when we think about it, whether it be food, alcohol, tobacco, sports, computer games, TV, lusts, hobbies, the pursuit of fortune, etc. We are giving our heart and soul over to people or praise of man. Mankind tends—without interventionto make the huge mistake of running after the created over the Creator.

Have you ever tried to teach your kid something simple and they just can't seem to get it? You stay calm on the outside but you're internally screaming? Gwen gives me the same feeling. The stupid, it hurts. Gwen's fanaticism is loud and clear with this comment. Everyone is not religious and bowing down to something or someone. She vastly oversimplifies religion by stating that is is "simply what we adore". It must be exhuasting to be an RF member.

Everything in life is not at battle stage, Gwen. No matter how you try to change it up, your devotionals scream cult leader and I sincerely hope that I have the opportunity to see your church crumble.

8 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Certainly Joe enabling Gwen is just another factor that makes up who Joe is.  

But yea, my original post was either written badly or misread by some or some combination of the two.

I also clarified in a following post that I wasn't calling Joe a 'bad person' because he was bi-sexual or his drug use.  Simple as that.  Period.    

I'll post some details of why I called Joe a 'bad person' yet today.  Obviously that was my opinion and obviously everyone can come to their own opinion.

I understood what you meant.  But those are issues that people tend to get a little hot about, and it's easy to be misunderstood.  I know all about using the wrong words! But as a person who is bi, I was not offended and didn't think you meant to say that bi people are bad.  You just meant that Gwen is hypocritical about that, as she is with other things - her opinion is that it's wrong for anybody else but not wrong for her or her family, judging by her words and actions.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Pretty sure Gwen's religion is her hair, her possessions, and her position of power. Not a whole lot of God in Gwen's life. 

Her tall hair makes a good comparison to Tower of Babel.

Today's devotional goes off into a whole other level of insanity. God is picking out Gwen's clothes for her! He coordinates her parties to make sure everyone has fun! He is her chef. He is even her doctor. God is her doctor and will decide if she needs a referral to a human doctor. God even fixes Gwen's roof without the need of human hands! The weight of the hair and the lack of food has killed Gwen's brain cells. 

Spoiler

God is my morning and my night; He is my Alpha and Omega. He is the Beginning and the End. God is my everything and He is your everything, but you might not know that yet. There is nothing that He can’t do, and He wants to show you if you would only give Him the floor for a few minutes. I learn something new every week. I am going to start a list of the things that He has been to me and for me, and you can add to it.

I am not thirsty or hungry anymore because . . .

God is a mechanic. He can fix my car, computer, or camera.

God is a roofer. He can fix my leaky roof without the help of human hands.

God is my husband-defender.  God can help me to the car with a heavy load and protect me. God is a conversationalist when I am alone, and He meets every need, in more ways than a spouse could do.

God is my interior decorator. He can pick out colors, furniture, and paintings. My whole house is a result of calling upon Him for everything.

God is my best friend. I used to try to give someone else this position, but I’ve learned through experience that there is no friend like Jesus.

God is my business CEO. The more I consult Him, the better things go.

God is my avenger. I never have to take revenge or get back at anyone.

God is my clothing consultant. He puts my outfits together in the morning. When I pray, He makes great new things come to mind.

God is my party coordinator. When I pray that people will have a good time, enjoy the food and company, and leave uplifted, the party is always great.

God is my only alarm clock. I have not set a traditional alarm clock in years, and God has always awakened me one way or another. I start talking to Him first thing every day and thank Him for waking me. The rest of the day follows suit.

God is my primary songwriter and musician.

God is the journalist and Bible scholar of all my writings. I just let the Word fall open, and the rest is history.

God is my foremost entertainer. He always shows me something new.

God is the great chef. I pray over food; I want each flavor to be savored. Since God made everyone’s taste buds, He knows how to provide everyone’s favorite tastes.

God is my primary physician. I consult Him first for all things. Occasionally, He will refer me to other doctors.

God is my sure Savior from temptation because He has offered Himself to be the object of my affection.

God is my invisible traffic director. He can part great seas of heavy traffic.

When God is your everything, you think twice about loving any other sensation on this earth!

Start YOUR list! God is .

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional goes off into a whole other level of insanity. God is picking out Gwen's clothes for her! He coordinates her parties to make sure everyone has fun! He is her chef. He is even her doctor. God is her doctor and will decide if she needs a referral to a human doctor. God even fixes Gwen's roof without the need of human hands! The weight of the hair and the lack of food has killed Gwen's brain cells. 

Hide contents

God is my morning and my night; He is my Alpha and Omega. He is the Beginning and the End. God is my everything and He is your everything, but you might not know that yet. There is nothing that He can’t do, and He wants to show you if you would only give Him the floor for a few minutes. I learn something new every week. I am going to start a list of the things that He has been to me and for me, and you can add to it.

God is my husband-defender.  God can help me to the car with a heavy load and protect me. God is a conversationalist when I am alone, and He meets every need, in more ways than a spouse could do.

God is my interior decorator. He can pick out colors, furniture, and paintings. My whole house is a result of calling upon Him for everything.

God is my best friend. I used to try to give someone else this position, but I’ve learned through experience that there is no friend like Jesus.

God is my clothing consultant. He puts my outfits together in the morning. When I pray, He makes great new things come to mind.

God is my party coordinator. When I pray that people will have a good time, enjoy the food and company, and leave uplifted, the party is always great.

God is my only alarm clock. I have not set a traditional alarm clock in years, and God has always awakened me one way or another. I start talking to Him first thing every day and thank Him for waking me. The rest of the day follows suit.

God is the journalist and Bible scholar of all my writings. I just let the Word fall open, and the rest is history.

God is the great chef. I pray over food; I want each flavor to be savored. Since God made everyone’s taste buds, He knows how to provide everyone’s favorite tastes.

God is my primary physician. I consult Him first for all things. Occasionally, He will refer me to other doctors.

God is my sure Savior from temptation because He has offered Himself to be the object of my affection.

When God is your everything, you think twice about loving any other sensation on this earth!

The clothes and alarm clock I heard over and over for years, she left out how she prayed for her hair ? 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Hide contents

Well no wonder there's so much suffering in the world. God has no time to help anyone else because he's too busy picking a color scheme for Gwen's next party. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived