IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

Gwen is starting the year off right by not having her devotional up in a timely manner! I guess we will have to wail until she finishes writing it today. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

Blessed be the fruit.

only if you wait for the growl, and then just lick the fruit.  

So, I spent the last few days reading through all the Gwen Shamblin threads, and boy was I feeling the growl! Although that might have been a bout of food poisoning. Nothing like reading posts about food and not eating when you're in bed after vomitting for six hours. It was highly entertaining to say the least! She's crazy, but she sure knows how to find insecurities. I'll continue to take my anxiety meds and following my modified Paleo diet thanks.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:21 PM, SuperNova said:

We live in a time and place where healthy food is readily available and reasonably priced. We are spoiled for choice. Diet can be tailored to fit any lifestyle or need. We can literally choose to be vegetarians with no deficit to our health because an abundant variety of fruits and vegetables are shipped in from all over the world. We are not subject to seasonal scarcity. 

Not sure where you live, but around here, fresh fruits and veg are at a premium in the winter.  Healthy food becomes $$$.

Seasonal scarcity is a real thing.

Doubtful that this issue is a Gwen issue.  Pretty sure Diet Coke and chips to lick are affordable year round.

@MarblesMom my apologies, you're right. I'm in CA and seasonal scarcity doesn't really happen. What we don't grow during winter is brought in from South America or grown in local hothouse nurseries. Prices are higher in December compared to June but not crazy high. I was speaking generally but probably not realistically for everyone. With that being said, I'm sure cost isn't a factor for Gwen no matter what the season. 

Did anyone see the instagram pic of her catching the hockey puck? That's pretty cool actually...but the hair ?

oh, and Tarzan is smiling ?

I told myself I wasn't going to be impolite about her appearance because that's mean and not what we're here for, but... but.... but.... SHE'S GOT A COMB-OVER. An actual, real-life, honest-to-goodness comb-over. Look where that parting is. She really needs to sort the hair out - I don't know, maybe release it back into the wild or something. I thought comb-overs were a solely male thing, and went out in the 70's. 80's? 90's? There's just no excuse for it. But at least I now know what freaks me out about it so much.

Spoiler

1312836107_ScreenShot2019-01-02at6_14_49pm.png.b843eb1f7d3c6e78ba34afc433172817.png

Her comb over makes Donald Trump jealous!

At some point yesterday she put up her devotional. 

We have arrived at another January! What is your big resolution? Hopefully, you are NOT repeating your old yearly restart on diets and have-to exercise! This is the year to get all of your weight off! Now you know the TRUTH – you have to listen to the voice from within of God-led reasonableness. There is a lead inside each of us of SELF-CONTROL. The conscience will feel guilt if you overdo it. It will wake you or stir you if you have greed instead of love and patience.

Keep your mind on those you see who have less, eat less, spend less, work harder and give more…you will discover that they are altogether more selfless, peaceful, and Godly. Being Godlike is our calling. Praise Him for this voice from within that has ended the need for year-in, year-out dieting!

Gwen's conscience must be broken because she is filled with greed. Gwen hardly has less and gives more.It is interesting to read these since it is obvious she truly believes she is one of the few truly godly people, yet she doesn't even follow her own teachings when it comes to not being greedy. 

Today's devotional. She seems to be saying "fuck it I'm writing about hunger!" Writing about anything else was clearly a huge struggle for her. 

Waiting for true hunger feels great! God wants us to experience hunger – physiologically, financially, relationally, etc. – so that HE can provide what we truly need. If you are having trouble allowing yourself to get all the way to true hunger, it is a lack in belief in the good nature of God and a lack of trust that He WILL provide for all your needs. Scripture lists the behaviors of unbelievers, such as stealing, cheating, lying, and greed. Why would anyone do these things if they were sure that GOD could provide for them? The unbeliever does not know what a willing Provider and great Protector He is.

So if you aren't starving yourself then you aren't godly. You don't even trust God. :angry-banghead: Gwen, look at your lifestyle, you are one greedy woman. Are you even following God?

When you are not at God’s hunger point but decide to eat anyway, you are being your own boss – you have listened to satan, who tells you that you must be your own provider. On the other hand, when you postpone your own control and relinquish decisions to God, you are trusting God’s timing, waiting for His permission and approval to go ahead, and silently proclaiming to the world that you think God is great!

Or you have listened to your own body and not some crazy rich woman with an epic comb over and found that if you wait till you are super hungry you don't do as well. If I wait till my stomach is growling it is like I have no self control. Plus if I get too hungry I get a headache and then I feel awful. If doing what is best for me is following Satan, then so be it! He seems to be a bit nicer than Gwen's god. 

True hunger is a wonderful experience, but many continually try to buffer this experience by eating before they are hungry, taking diet pills, taking antidepressants, calling in-laws for financial assistance, and so on.

Yeah, talking about how hunger is so amazing sounds like the words of people encouraging unhealthy eating habits. And what does taking medication for an actual medical problem and asking for financial help have to do with hunger? From this it is clear that Gwen will never get Elizabeth help. 

If God wants us to hunger, then we should want it, too. Stay in the desert and allow yourself to experience hunger daily. When you get all the way to hunger, you will find that all you need is His love relationship to keep you alive!

It is like she is trying to give out eating disorder advice. Starving is now a wonderful, godly experience and those who don't starve themselves lack godliness.  All you need is God to keep you alive?! :shock:

I really wish some more RF folks would show up to discuss her weight loss advice. I didn't know enough about it when they were here. This is truly terrible advice. Please don't take Gwen's advice anyone! 

Boy I feel sorry for the guy sitting behind Gwen at the game. It would be like sitting behind Marge Simpson. You ain’t seeing shit. 

DAF3A048-BFFA-4F14-8E9F-533AB83B1943.jpeg

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Boy I feel sorry for the guy sitting behind Gwen at the game. It would be like sitting behind Marge Simpson. You ain’t seeing shit. 

DAF3A048-BFFA-4F14-8E9F-533AB83B1943.jpeg

Do you think she consults with the Long Island Medium on hair?  

It sounds like Gwen is headed more and more toward Breatharianism, or however that's spelled. How long before she starts advising that the air gives us all we need, and all food is greed? Just smell it, maybe lick a chip, breathe deep and pray.

And, as proof every person has both good and bad things about them, she appears to be a hockey fan. I wonder how she got so messed up about food, and how she managed to rope so many other people into her own issues? I do have to say, I rarely or never ate at hockey games - they had the same exact food as the fast food place down the street, but at three times the price!

If Gwen wasn't crazy rich and actively harming people, I'd feel a little sorry for her. But she is, so...

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

True hunger is a wonderful experience, but many continually try to buffer this experience by eating before they are hungry, taking diet pills, taking antidepressants, calling in-laws for financial assistance, and so on.

I'm so pissed about this. What a emotionally deaf statement to make. What? Take antidepressants so that someone who actually needs them might not commit suicide? Accepting financial assistance from Remnant Folks is fine then? Just not in-laws? What about that child custody case were just talking about recently on here. Remnant lent that mother 10k. That's ok? Why not let her be hungry? Oh, because they needed those kids away from their father and in Gwen's fold. I don't know Gwen's story, but someone who has truly suffered hunger, financially, emotionally, otherwise would have compassion towards these things. Sounds like she and her husband didn't each work 2 jobs and try to put hubby thru college at the same time. Sounds like she doesn't understand addiction to drugs, food or the need to be skinny thru means of an eating disorder.  Sounds like she doesn't understand the heartache of a single mother or father not being able to feed their child. Screw getting them Christmas presents, some people don't have food to eat. But keep catching that puck Gwen. You are deaf and blind to how the real world lives. Pampered and spoiled. Not everyone grew up in the Brentwood bubble. Not everyone has access to college or even a way to get out of the community in which they were raised. Any of y'all read Hillbilly Elegy?

http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2011/10/13/remnant-fellowship-life-club-starting-weigh-down-class-on-mtsu-campus-oct-25/

I don't know the status of this club, but this is the local college that the church pushes people to attend. They have/have had a Remnant club and look......this college allowed them to do a Weighdown class at some point. 

Someone asked up thread whether Gwen decided on baby names since she made all the wedding decisions.  We don't know ( although I wouldn't be surprised).... But ..... some of the Remnant Royalty sure want us to know about their RF Royal Status

Check out the Nov 28 online RF News   http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2018/11/28/november-28th-church-announcements-and-livestream-link/

1.  A RF Royal (both sets of grandparents) grandchild has the middle name Versailles, as in Palace of.

2.  Note the OTT baby pictures of girls draped in pearls and rhinestones.

3.  And in makes me shake my head with sadness:  A young couple who are 18 or 19 at the most, married 12/30 /2107, announced they are expecting. 

Former RFers: 

How does Gwen/ RF justify or explain what seems to be an the very strong push/ active pressure against college from RF leadership and members?

Gwen has a Masters degree.  Many member are doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc. professionals with college degrees,  Why not for RF 2nd generation? The young couple I mentioned above aren't in college.  So many of the engagement stories mention that Gwen or RF leaders made the couples see that college would lead them away from RF/ are full of bad influences/ flat out wrong/ not necessary for an all in godly listen to the growl life/ a selfish self focused stronghold, etc, etc, etc. So they either never went or quit. One young man gave up a sports scholarship and quit college.  He credited Gwen with making him see this was the right thing to do.

I'm not saying that everyone should attend college.  But it seems as if these young people are being shunted and pushed into a life of  lower paying jobs because they do not have the education to do better and are actively pressured not to get any.

With no education what kind of jobs can the young men get?  Since the women are expected to stay home and produce baybeez right away how on earth do they expect to buy a house, feed a family and give all that time and money to RF?

Or am I mistaken?

Are the children of RF Royalty and the doctors/lawyer/dentists/ etc. quietly encouraged/expected to go to college (2nd gen royalty and all that) and the 2nd gen non royals are push the other way?

God wants us to experience hunger – physiologically, financially, relationally, etc. – so that HE can provide what we truly need.

I had to chuckle, because we have photo proof that God provided what Gwen truly needed - Nashville Predator hockey tickets and a puck!

If you look at Gwen's hoisted arm, the seat where I occasionally sit is right about her wrist level.  Guess I'm not hungry enough, lol!

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It sounds like Gwen is headed more and more toward Breatharianism, or however that's spelled. How long before she starts advising that the air gives us all we need, and all food is greed? Just smell it, maybe lick a chip, breathe deep and pray.

I think you may be right.  I have been wondering about that, especially after her latest so-called devotional.

No, she will never get Elizabeth help.  Elizabeth is her golden child who is doing it right!  Never mind the fact that Elizabeth looks to be in serious danger of losing her life over her mother's nonsense.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Former RFers: 

How does Gwen/ RF justify or explain what seems to be an the very strong push/ active pressure against college from RF leadership and members?

Gwen has a Masters degree.  Many member are doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc. professionals with college degrees,  Why not for RF 2nd generation? The young couple I mentioned above aren't in college.  So many of the engagement stories mention that Gwen or RF leaders made the couples see that college would lead them away from RF/ are full of bad influences/ flat out wrong/ not necessary for an all in godly listen to the growl life/ a selfish self focused stronghold, etc, etc, etc. So they either never went or quit. One young man gave up a sports scholarship and quit college.  He credited Gwen with making him see this was the right thing to do.

I'm not saying that everyone should attend college.  But it seems as if these young people are being shunted and pushed into a life of  lower paying jobs because they do not have the education to do better and are actively pressured not to get any.

With no education what kind of jobs can the young men get?  Since the women are expected to stay home and produce baybeez right away how on earth do they expect to buy a house, feed a family and give all that time and money to RF?

Or am I mistaken?

Are the children of RF Royalty and the doctors/lawyer/dentists/ etc. quietly encouraged/expected to go to college (2nd gen royalty and all that) and the 2nd gen non royals are push the other way?

So this is an interesting topic and it weirdly depends on the person. 

If you are a member that doesn’t live in Brentwood:

You are highly encouraged to attend the local college (MTSU) and find something there to make a living that benefits Remnant. These members tend to move in with other local members and are highly encouraged to spend the majority of their time outside classes with other remnant youth that attend the university. This includes carpooling, youth clubs, and on campus gatherings.

If you don’t move to go to MTSU, you are definitely viewed differently in leaderships eyes and potentially other members eyes. If you go against the “suggestions” of immediate authority (parents, RF “guardians”) and/or leadership then you are questioned and looked at / treated differently (different factors come into play here).

If you are a person who has legitimate academic goals and want to go somewhere that you can’t live in Brentwood and attend, it is very judged esp. if you have to move away from Brentwood. Many of these members end up seeking approval from Gwen and leadership before actually going.

There is also the expectation that you are to pursue a job that is hirable in Brentwood. 

As for the members who seem to not get higher education:

Many RF people will hire other RF people. 

If they are second generation RF, it seems that parents might bankroll some living expenses so they can remain in Brentwood. 

If a member has a business, their business is either integrated with RF either by choice or circumstance. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Waiting for true hunger feels great! God wants us to experience hunger – physiologically, financially, relationally, etc. – so that HE can provide what we truly need. If you are having trouble allowing yourself to get all the way to true hunger, it is a lack in belief in the good nature of God and a lack of trust that He WILL provide for all your needs. Scripture lists the behaviors of unbelievers, such as stealing, cheating, lying, and greed. Why would anyone do these things if they were sure that GOD could provide for them? The unbeliever does not know what a willing Provider and great Protector He is

*reads this while eating discounted Christmas cookies *

#sorrynotsorry

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Check out the Nov 28 online RF News 

so I checked it out - did you see the cafe menu?

TONIGHT’S CAFE MENU:

-Cheeseburger Chowder

-Rolls

-Greek broccoli and spinach salad

-Kids option: Chicken Nuggets and chips

Soup, roll and salad could be a nutritious, filling meal (not one that I would like because I am a super picky soup eater).

I am surprised at many things about the menu: 1. they have a cafe that serves more than 2 chips and a diet soda. 2. the kids option is fried and not nutritious (why not carrot sticks or yogurt or apples? which is what I would encourage my kids to eat with chicken nuggets) 3. the adult menu seems carb heavy (chowder & rolls)

Question for the former RF folks- the cafe - did the workers keep track of or judge your calories? Do people even use the cafe? Is it open every day to everyone, including the public? 

6 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I'm so pissed about this. What a emotionally deaf statement to make. What? Take antidepressants so that someone who actually needs them might not commit suicide? Accepting financial assistance from Remnant Folks is fine then? Just not in-laws? What about that child custody case were just talking about recently on here. Remnant lent that mother 10k. That's ok? Why not let her be hungry? Oh, because they needed those kids away from their father and in Gwen's fold. I don't know Gwen's story, but someone who has truly suffered hunger, financially, emotionally, otherwise would have compassion towards these things. Sounds like she and her husband didn't each work 2 jobs and try to put hubby thru college at the same time. Sounds like she doesn't understand addiction to drugs, food or the need to be skinny thru means of an eating disorder.  Sounds like she doesn't understand the heartache of a single mother or father not being able to feed their child. Screw getting them Christmas presents, some people don't have food to eat. But keep catching that puck Gwen. You are deaf and blind to how the real world lives. Pampered and spoiled. Not everyone grew up in the Brentwood bubble. Not everyone has access to college or even a way to get out of the community in which they were raised. Any of y'all read Hillbilly Elegy?

http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2011/10/13/remnant-fellowship-life-club-starting-weigh-down-class-on-mtsu-campus-oct-25/

I don't know the status of this club, but this is the local college that the church pushes people to attend. They have/have had a Remnant club and look......this college allowed them to do a Weighdown class at some point. 

too bad the puck didn't smack her upside that lacquered helmet she calls hair.

56 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

ey have a cafe that serves more than 2 chips and a diet soda. 2. the kids option is fried and not nutritious (why not carrot sticks or yogurt or apples? which is what I would encourage my kids to eat with chicken nuggets) 3. the adult menu seems carb heavy (chowder & rolls)

All the food served at RF seems to be deep fried, carb heavy and full of empty calories. From reading her stuff and watching some of her videos she really doesn't push healthy eating habits. She seems to criticize advice to eat healthy nutritious meals. Her entire thing is that you wait till you are starving and then eat tiny amounts of whatever you want. So instead of eating a large serving of fruits and veggies, you can eat a couple chips and a few bites of a candy bar. And diet drinks, She has an addiction to diet drinks. You are supposed to try and fill your stomach with stuff like diet soda. 

It is a truly unhealthy way of eating. 

2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

There is also the expectation that you are to pursue a job that is hirable in Brentwood. 

I'm assuming that joining the military is off limits? 

What she is doing is very similar to what Gothard and other cult leaders did. Adults who join often have an education and fairly well paying job but they restrict their children. This doesn't seem to work out too well long term. 

She's very sadistic about eating. She preaches eating junk food but in very, very small amounts. I think the restriction of food and ingesting tiny amounts of gorgeous junk food and going right back to restricting it, makes her feel OH SO Godly and holy. I believe it pumps up her ego. I would have never thought someone could create an entire church around this.

3 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Does it have to be Brentwood only, not the greater Nashville area?  And only MTSU, none of the schools in Nashville? Vanderbilt must be forbidden.

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does it have to be Brentwood only, not the greater Nashville area?  And only MTSU, none of the schools in Nashville? Vanderbilt must be forbidden.

Majority go to MTSU. You don’t get an opportunity to solely focus on school since you are essentially required to dedicate much of your time to RF. I do want to note that a lot of the RF youth members did very well in high school however college is another thing which I think is clear from how they discuss dropping out of college causally. Other Nashville based schools are allowed, but getting into more difficult schools wasn’t super common from what I remember. 

True hunger is a wonderful experience, but many continually try to buffer this experience by eating before they are hungry, taking diet pills, taking anti-depressants, calling in-laws for financial assistance, and so on.

Wooow. This woman has clearly, clearly never been on anti-depressants. Most of mine make me want to eat everything in the fridge and then the houseplants. Anti-depressants don't 'buffer' hunger for shit. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived