IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

I love Arnold. That is all.

Arnold and Ellie are the only Maxwells I like.  

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Arnold and Ellie are the only Maxwells I like.  

Same with me. I’m a little jealous that Sarah has a golden retriever, it’s one of my favorite breeds. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Same with me. I’m a little jealous that Sarah has a golden retriever, it’s one of my favorite breeds. 

I would guess that Stevie only allowed poor Sarah to get Ellie, only to get her knocked up to make £££££s.

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Don't you just love mother-daughter matching outfits?

DSC_4180.jpg.c4f579e07074b8f76f32b9df7370637d.jpg

To paraphrase Sarah:  These three!  This crew!  

2 hours ago, meee said:

I know I've asked this before, but can somebody please remind me why fundies are so into homebirthing?

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I just assumed it's cheaper, which matters when you have eleventy gazillion little arrows. 

That, and it reduces their exposure to doctors who might try and tell them they're fucking stupid for having so many kids, or notice that their other kids are malnourised/scared etc. 

Is it like forty degrees in their house that they all have to wear blanket scarves, multiple shirts, and puffer vests while cooking and lounging? Is it a sin to be warm? 

Why does Mary get a suitcase? Girlfriend ain't going anywhere.

A treasure hunt, Sarah? What, are you six?

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I think they are trolling FJ.  Hi Coward Steve!  And Scary Mary please get a new skirt that one is hideous.

If ‘the guys’ make breakfast on Christmas Day, then what will happen once Jesse marries? Because we all know that Stevehovah will not be cooking anything except maybe meat. I think it will be rebranded as a tradition of ‘the girls always cook breakfast on Christmas Day’ and they will pretend that that is how it has always been.

also, even if the guys cook breakfast, 10/1 it is the girls who do the dishes.

The down vest is the first thing I noticed when reviewing their Christmas Day post.  The first image is Steve making breakfast wearing a down vest despite the fact that Sarah noted that Christmas Day was mild.  It makes no sense to me.

I live in Canada where it is cold and we have snow and ice.  I own two down vests - they're considered a pretty practical thing up here.  But they are never worn indoors - even during the coldest days when indoors might be cool/cold (think arriving at my unheated cottage before we get a fire going).  

In our part of the world down vests are outdoor wear for fall, or for those winter occasions when you want to keep your core warm, but will be exercising or moving enough to warm up (ie: shovelling snow, skating, brisk hike).  Alternatively a down vest might be worn in the winter when you are sprinting from a warm house to a warm car and don't want a heavy coat.

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Is it like forty degrees in their house that they all have to wear blanket scarves, multiple shirts, and puffer vests while cooking and lounging? Is it a sin to be warm? 

Steve 100% comes off as the sort of puritanical, joyless, scrounging person who keeps their house ridiculously cold.

I've imagined the Leavenworth abode that way in every winter post regardless of what people are wearing. 

A suitcase?

So she's all grown up and doesn't have to share one?

Or....drum roll....is she going on a secret mission trip....ALONE [well without other Maxwells]????

Or was it just the last thing in the world she'd want so Steve bought it?

And EVEN on Christmas, they have exercise time?

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Why does the one in the middle look like she's smiling at you to make you think everything's OK while her eyes are sizing you up to figure out where to cut you?

6 hours ago, meee said:

I know I've asked this before, but can somebody please remind me why fundies are so into homebirthing?

- The Bible says labor should be painful so they're against medical pain management

- Homebirths are cheaper if you have no insurance and pay out-of-pocket

- Independent midwives are usually women. Hospitals are full of male doctors and nurses.

- They trust God's plan more than science in safely delivering the baby

- Pregnancy and birth are so common that they're not seen as pathological, ie. requiring hospital-grade medical care (I agree with this to a degree)

19 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

- The Bible says labor should be painful so they're against medical pain management

- Independent midwives are usually women. Hospitals are full of male doctors and nurses.

- Pregnancy and birth are so common that they're not seen as pathological, ie. requiring hospital-grade medical care (I agree with this to a degree)

1. Okay, so get a hospital birth without an epidural.

2. I thought they had Samaritan? And if not, what on earth do they do for Melanie? And no way are the Duggars and Bateses doing homebirths for financial reasons.

3, Fine, so pray that God gives you a safe delivery in a hospital. It's more sterile, your other kids aren't around, and you get a BREAK for a couple of nights. If I were birthing my sixth, or nineteenth, or whatever, I'd have a hospital birth for that alone!

4. Okay, fair enough. And I'm not actually anti-homebirth, I just don't get the juxtaposition of "Homebirths are so godly" vs. "Melanie had 3 C-sections and we're not even sad about it but just mention it in a matter-of-fact way as though it's normal in our world, which it isn't."

i'm going to have a go at captioning part of the current blog post:

Dad wears a food-prep bib because he has trouble with wimmins' work.  Blenders are hard for him; see how focused he is.

Spoiler

image.png.3214c4865c3c0aed83c9fd031006e795.pngimage.png.c26cf03a2ce8221f6f8124e6edaedbbc.png

sorry for the doubleshot of Steve; my IT skills are only good enough for the Half-Ton Ramp.....

Jesse thinks all of his brothers suck for getting married and leaving him behind to cook Christmas Breakfast alone with Dad.  so out of spite, he put meat in the burritos.

Spoiler

image.png.b77989f16f4171d1fca5856cd6705040.png

Dammit, Anna got socks when she really wanted a purple down vest just like Mary got.  She's good at hiding disappointment.

Spoiler

image.png.03bff4bf6398b8167b6c4f18f5f09432.png

Mom's thinking, "Rufus H. Reindeer, this guy is a total douchebag."

Spoiler

image.png.5238c761ce042dca3c6d5300fc32fbd9.png

Dad took this picture because i'm too busy shivering on this cold December day.  Next year, what i want for Christmas is control of the thermostat.

Spoiler

image.png.eed1c1c725fb845a23f304b19430a3e7.png

i'm sick of looking up Bible verses.  Find your own today.  Love, Sarah.

7 hours ago, meee said:

They don't think women should be doctors and they don't want a man looking at and touching their wimminfolk's private parts.

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

I think most of this is pretty accurate as far as describing the main reasons fundies homebirth. But midwives aren't cheap, if you have a properly licensed one. $5000 and up in rural Missouri, usually with a solid cash downpayment and a requirement of being paid in full by the time the baby comes. Most uninsured women here (I don't know about Kansas) would qualify for pregnancy Medicaid. Although I guess that wouldn't fly if you were against government assistance.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived