IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

19 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’ve got anxiety/low self-esteem. But I’ve never really thought of myself as ugly. It’s more my personality that I worry about. Like there have been instances where I’ve wanted to befriend someone but my mind just goes “they wouldn’t wanna be friends with you you’re too weird”, “you’re too different personality-wise”, “you have nothing in common” and that kinda crap. I should make 2019 the year I do something about it. 

I have red hair, but not proper, orange, Rupert Grint-colour hair, more auburn/copper. Apparently it is very difficult to dye red hair. I’ve never had the inclination to, though. 

That is why my redheaded daughter used red dye when she tried it. That is also why she (and I, maybe!) will go to a professional for anything else.  I have red hair and will probably go in and talk to the person before I actually do anything like highlights and that applies to my daughter as well, she will want a professional opinion first.  My hair is not quite Rupert Grint ginger but it's close.  My daughter's hair is very much like his!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

@Katzchen24, I am thinking Kraken of California works for me, too, since she lives by the sea.

My immediate reaction to Kraken was “nooooo.....” because The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham is one of my go-to comfort books, and just no.

But then I thought, yep. Just like in the book, she’s a sneaking destructive force you don’t take seriously or deal with until too late. So yeah, I agree @ladyicantxplain!

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

have red hair, but not proper, orange, Rupert Grint-colour hair, more auburn/copper.

My hair twin!  I'm naturally copper red, a slightly darker auburn underneath. I love my hair because it rather unique as most redheads are the orange variety. I never wanted any other color. No one in my immediate family is red headed.  But ..... my paternal grandfather had dark red hair and my mother's aunt had copper red hair.

I've begun to sprout some white hair in the last year or so.  Fortunately it's pure white, not the strange sandy pink that some redheads go. However, I'm not ready to embrace it quite yet.  But... I do have the beginning of a white streak like Bonnie Raitt so I may decide to keep it.  I will mention that off the shelf hair color to match our shade is hard to find.  I understand the online company Madison Reed has a great many red shades 

I thought of Lori today when I was at the pool. An older woman complimented my tattoo and I thought, obviously she's not an older godly woman because she thought my tattoo was beautiful. LOL!

Wishing you all a peaceful holiday!

Oh, my stars!  We have gone 36 hours with out words from the Oracle/Gorgon/Kraken.  What shall we do???  (Spinning in confusion and dismay.)

She must be working on a humdinger for Christmas.  Can't wait to see what kind of rotten Christmas pudding she comes up with.

If she were to be visited by the 3 Christmas Ghosts, what scenes would she see (past, present, future)?

New random thought...I propose that we rename her social media to the church of GOK.  But GOK is pronounced like the sounds you make when you have dry heaves.  I know, a bit gross, but apt considering how I feel about her teachings.

Well, she was baking her Einkorn bread yesterday :puke-front:, she posted about it yet again on Instagram. 

8 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

If she were to be visited by the 3 Christmas Ghosts, what scenes would she see (past, present, future)?

Oh my gosh, this is a fun Christmas Eve exercise!

Let's see, the ghost of Christmas Past would show her as part of the high school Homecoming Queen's court, and as a cheerleader in high school.  With her dad a doctor, she leads a life of privilege and security without a care in the world.  She heads off to college with no worries of tuition bills or student loans, as it's all paid for by Daddy.

Of course later, the Ghost of Christmas Present reveals she lies through her teeth about all that on her blog, and writes how she was unpopular in high school and was bullied, led a "difficult" childhood with her parents "at eachother's throats" all the time (disputed by her aunts), and was forced by her father (the Scrooge!) to get a (paid-in-full) college education so she could support herself if she had to.

55 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

She must be working on a humdinger for Christmas.  Can't wait to see what kind of rotten Christmas pudding she comes up with.

If she's in NY visiting her son for the holiday we can expect:   I made my organic Einkorn bread in inferior cookware but everyone praised me for it and we had it breakfast, lunch and dinner slathered with $14 grass-fed butter,  some women are SOOOO immodest when they breastfeed (if DIL is still breastfeeding), some mothers don't smack/hit their kids enough to keep them in line (she had a whole slew of those two themes after her visit when the baby was born I suspect were aimed at Emily). 

OK gang...After I got all my holiday shopping done...I bought myself a JOKE gift.....The Power of a Transformed Wife. I want to leave a review so I wanted to be a verified purchaser.   It came to about $10 total (which I probably spend in coffee in a week or so), and I expect it after Jan. 2.   I've heard enough first hand accounts that I know my head will probably fly off of my shoulders.....but I had to read it for myself.   

I'm strangely excited ! LOL   Send Advil in advance please.  And some wine. Lots and lots of wine....

36 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I think Christmas Past would show her scenes from her childhood, when she was too young to know that everyone around her was sinning all the time. Christmas Present. would would take her into the homes of some of the evil working women who she despises, and let her see the Christmas joy in their homes that is sadly lacking in hers. Christmas Future would take her to her funeral, attended by her acolytes, who would be reminding Ken of what she said when her mother died, that her father no longer had to bear the burden of supporting her, and telling Ken that now he is free. Her children would be too busy on vacation or whatnot, and would not be in attendance.  Before the funeral was even over, some tattooed professional working woman would catch his eye, and they would ride off into the sunset together, forgetting all about poor Lori, not even in her grave yet.

A little late to the party here, but...

I too am an auburn-haired person, of the biracial coppery-mahogany auburn that you see a lot in mixed asian (which is what I am) or native-american folks. I was very vain about the color of it in my teens through 30s!  People used to ask for cuttings so that they could take it to their salon and try to replicate it.   I don't have grey hair, but it is very mixed now with white hair.  So I decided to do fantasy colors with it, and adore doing so.  For the vibrant colors you'll be getting your hair bleached anyway, so what color hair you have doesn't matter.  I've never had a problem with mine lasting for a long time (though my stylist puts me under heat/hair dryer for a bit, which helps, and doesn't need to be done for some people).  I do not have a problem with growout issues because I do highlights and she uses a technique called grey blending which by design does not cover all grey.  So you look like you are having fun, it looks great even after the color fades or is growing out.  As many fantasy colors fade they go through different shades, so that is fun too.  This last time we did highlights in fantasy and standard hair color as well, so my hair has shifted highlights several times since I last got it dyed.

To warn though, for a fantasy dye that lasts, depending on how well your hair processes, you may be talking about a 3-5 hour salon visit. Regardless of the length of your hair, doesn't matter.  It's also (at least in my area) in the $200+ range.  That's largely why I chose a blending/highlights method so that I do not have to go in very often.

I love my hair!

I actually am interested in that bread. I hear it's more friendly to gluten sensitive people. And I miss bread. But idk if there's a way to maje it more cheaply than she does or not. 

I am an evil woman who works and has no children. 

But somehow, I managed to make baked french toast with homemade blackberry syrup for breakfast this morning. 

I'm guessing it was way better than toasted Einkorn bread slathered with overpriced butter, too. 

Also...got my hair professionally colored with highlights yesterday for the bargain price of.........$15, a bag of peanut butter chocolate fudge that I made and a Christmas floral arrangement.  Beat that, Lori! 

(My friend and neighbor is a stylist who was so annoyed by my color when we first met --and I wasn't wild about it either--that it was killing her, so she volunteered to rescue it for me. In her kitchen. For the cost of the color. She's been doing it ever since. The salon she co-owns is quite a drive, so this saves me the trouble of going there). 

Popping in to wish boundless Peace, Love and Joy to my FJ family. You all are my people and I so so so appreciate every one of you.

May you have a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year and may all your wishes, hopes and dreams come true.

My beloved FJ tribe...you all have kept me sane, provided an outlet for all the shitty things, been my cheerleaders and support system.  Know that all of you are loved. I pray you all have a wonderful year to come. 

Merry Christmas to a lovely group of people!  Thanks to all of y'all for who you are and the support and laughter since I found this online tribe!  ❤️?❤️

F6A606B3-B8D7-4413-A2CD-F3C52E21540B.jpeg

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

If she's in NY visiting her son for the holiday we can expect:   I made my organic Einkorn bread in inferior cookware but everyone praised me for it and we had it breakfast, lunch and dinner slathered with $14 grass-fed butter,  some women are SOOOO immodest when they breastfeed (if DIL is still breastfeeding), some mothers don't smack/hit their kids enough to keep them in line (she had a whole slew of those two themes after her visit when the baby was born I suspect were aimed at Emily). 

OK gang...After I got all my holiday shopping done...I bought myself a JOKE gift.....The Power of a Transformed Wife. I want to leave a review so I wanted to be a verified purchaser.   It came to about $10 total (which I probably spend in coffee in a week or so), and I expect it after Jan. 2.   I've heard enough first hand accounts that I know my head will probably fly off of my shoulders.....but I had to read it for myself.   

I'm strangely excited ! LOL   Send Advil in advance please.  And some wine. Lots and lots of wine....

Thanks for taking one for the team, SongRed7!  You will have to summarize it for all of us lazy, sinful, working or not, etc., women.  I'm sure that it is just chock-full of advice and lessons we need to learn!  ?

I ran into the grocery store for a couple of things today, I made it a point to go price butter.  The Christmas Tree shaped butter was $3.99.  They did have a limited stock of Irish butter but none of it was much more than the tree.  I feel so deprived!

I would like to wish everyone Merry Christmas, or happy whatever you celebrate or observe. I am afraid to try to list all the possibly holidays because I don't want to miss any of them.

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Wishing you all the best, SongRed7! I read through the book and wrote about each chapter. All I can tell you is that you won't be reading anything you don't already know she has written. Her book is basically old blog posts put together in a package. On my Amazon review I said everyone should be frugal like Lori - don't bother spending your money on the book because you can read everything that's in there for free!  

Merry Christmas everyone! And a Happy Holidays to those who celebrate different holidays! I hope everyone has a great day! 

Also thanks for being a safe place to vent my "Fundy" frustrations. It's really helped keep me sane :) 

So ...... Lori's "Christmas" post with granddaughter and tree. 

Either that's an old picture or she relented and put up a tree after all. My vote is old picture.  And I might add given the small tree size and paucity of ornaments I can't imagine why Lori thinks it's alot of work.

But then I believe Lori thinks any work at all is alot of work.

Last night we were at a birthday party for a friend. A young couple was there and asked us what was the "secret" to a happy marriage, since it was pretty obvious that Mr. Xtian and I enjoy hanging out together. I was stunned and had no answer. Well, after chewing on it for awhile I finally came up with a few things...and then I thought of Lori and her shit. My thoughts of what makes a happy marriage are so far from what she says it ain't even funny. My husband's thoughts were even more opposed to hers and @Ken. One of these days I may write them down as the "anti-Lori" 

Weird thoughts on Christmas afternoon. 

After all this time I had still never read The Handmaid's Tale.  Well, I finally started it today (listening to audio version).

And as soon as there was the description of Serena Joy and how she used to give talks about how women should stay home (even though she didn't do so herself), all I could think of is Lori.

I'm only 10-20% through the book so I don't know what happens, but I will be picturing Lori every time Serena Joy is mentioned...

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

I came across this article and thought of how Lori thinks all men are sex obsessed horndogs. No, this is what decent men value in a woman.  And notice there isn't one mention of "keeper at home" or "submission".

https://churchleaders.com/outreach-missions/outreach-missions-articles/315390-celebrating-awesome-wives-spot-one-keep-one-gary-thomas.html?fbclid=IwAR23hP9sCAIWp41c6KptlyK44ahBSuHE63JSkwhq3JdtyeW9EXKkOEbaVg8

On 12/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, EowynW said:

I actually am interested in that bread. I hear it's more friendly to gluten sensitive people. And I miss bread. But idk if there's a way to maje it more cheaply than she does or not. 

I'll ask my daughter about Einkorn bread and baking since she makes Einkorn bread and pancakes.  I'll find out the cost for you, @EowynW.

37 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

I came across this article and thought of how Lori thinks all men are sex obsessed horndogs. No, this is what decent men value in a woman.  And notice there isn't one mention of "keeper at home" or "submission".

https://churchleaders.com/outreach-missions/outreach-missions-articles/315390-celebrating-awesome-wives-spot-one-keep-one-gary-thomas.html?fbclid=IwAR23hP9sCAIWp41c6KptlyK44ahBSuHE63JSkwhq3JdtyeW9EXKkOEbaVg8

This isn't far from the last sermon I heard on marriage. The only mention of submission in it was that if you haven't earned your wife's RESPECT she will not submit to your leadership (not that I necessarily agree with this statement). There was no mention of "women you MUST submit to your husband even if he's a jerk". It was also said that a husband needs to realize that he must always put his wife's needs and wants above his own. Doesn't matter if he doesn't "feel" like it, that is what a husband does. It was pretty much the utter opposite of what all these other idiots are preaching/teaching/blogging. And, this was from an IFB preacher. 

She's baaaaaack!  And the subject of the day is women voting!  Why am I not surprised?  Let's start unpacking this crate of garbage and see what we have: 

'In September of 1903, an article in The Atlantic called Why Women Do Not Wish the Suffrage, the author explains why women didn’t want to vote (only 4 percent wanted to vote in a poll taken).'  I did a bit of (admittedly quick) Google research, and the only references to that poll that I found went back to this article.  Does anyone have more information?  If so, I'd be grateful. 

' (My goal in publishing this post isn’t to take a woman’s right to vote away but to give a glimpse into what women were actually fighting for and against in wanting to vote.)'  Two words, Lori.  Bull and shit.  We know better than that. 

'...that they (women) do not wish to have the ballot thrust upon them.'  No one is compelling women to vote.  Anyone who doesn't want to vote, male or female, has the freedom to stay home on election day.  

'Women do not wish authority to compel the obedience of their husbands, sons, and brothers to their will.' But Lori, isn't that one of your 'teaching' points, that women have an inner urge to try and be the boss, and they have to suppress that to follow 'God's Perfect Plan'?  Which is it? 

'Woman does not wish to turn aside from this higher work, which is itself the end of life, to devote herself to government.'  So if you vote, you're devoting yourself to the government?  In what world is that the case? 

And how about the title itself?  Women didn't want to vote?  So why did (at least some) women fight so hard for that right?  They didn't want it, but they fought tooth and nail for it?  Again, I have to bring up Serena Lori's hypocrisy on this issue.  She repeats over and over that women shouldn't be voting, but she herself votes.  As far as I'm concerned she can either put up or shut up.  Like a Pharisee she's telling others to do one thing, and doing something entirely different herself...and we all know what the Jesus she claims to love had to say to the Pharisees.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived