IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

I was gonna break down the women didn't want to vote thing because having a degree in psych and counseling has drilled varifying stats and polls into my brain but the whole thing is garbage. 

Its laughable about Lori claiming women are more easily deceived like she's above it all, while she falls for such common misconceptions. But her teachings encourage being easily deceived: don't talk back, don't question, don't become educated etc. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if Ken had dumped her bony ass for Natasha when the last kid was out of the house, I guarantee she wouldn't be bad-mouthing careers and independence for women.  

I'm having a hard time dropping this.  Yes, humans sometimes do self segregate.  My family chose to stay with fellow Italians.  For the same reasons any ethnic goup does. That's different.  It's a fucking choice. Because, reasons!  Fuck. 

Did she really say God gave her acid reflux?

If she keeps misrepresenting my Father like this Imma' go over to dat page of hers...

Makes me furious.

I once sent her a book on God's will for our health.  She probably bragged about throwing it in the garbage, as she has boasted that she's thrown away so many books gifted to her because of the "false teachings"...

18 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I'm having a hard time dropping this.  Yes, humans sometimes do self segregate.  My family chose to stay with fellow Italians.  For the same reasons any ethnic goup does. That's different.  It's a fucking choice. Because, reasons!  Fuck. 

Yes, people who have things in common tend to spend time together.  What Lori's leghumpers don't get is that when people do mingle with others they shouldn't be treated as if they are inferior.  

I've come to believe that the driving force behind much of Lori's bullshit is extreme xenophobia.  

This is Lori in college (when she claimed to have a weight problem):

college.PNG.03e626ef68cdb49c633805d334a53b92.PNG

The last photo was taken in 2015.  It's shocking that she went from this:

15.PNG.4f4ce9fad57fddba7fa8fec54386dd99.PNG

To this (in 3 short years):

16.PNG.08c0c25e8d32a66d84e84a7a23b70211.PNG

I honestly think she is making herself very, very ill.  She looks unhealthy, underfed, and her hair is very brittle and straw like.  This suggests something more than aging to me.  

Look, I get it.  I have (had) jet black hair, and now it's going white. I have smile lines around my eyes, and after losing nearly 50 lbs in less than 4 months (diabetes), I look...different.  That said, my face still has color, and my hair still looks healthy (despite living on a very restricted diet).

Somewhere along the line, something went very wrong with Lori.  I can't help but wonder why no one in her life tried to help her, but maybe they did and she just dismissed them.

Another thought- could some of this look be on purpose (to fit in more with the fundies)?  She stopped wearing make-up, contacts, and changed her clothing style.  Some of it (the rapid weight loss/brittle hair) has got to be health, but other parts?  Idk...

OH MY WORD. I should not have watched that YouTube.

OH MY WORD SHE DID SAY THAT GOD "HELPED" HER, BY GIVING HER ACID REFLUX!  FUCK ME RUNNING DOWN THE STREET.

I do not know how I'm gonna' manage to be silent on this one.  FUCK.

This woman needs a mind transplant immediately.

My precious son, who almost died at three weeks of age in my arms in my foyer, was subsequently diagnosed with severe GERD.  He's healed now; no more GERD.

But he chose, as an infant, to stop breathing because of the pain of the GERD.  I had to administer CPR.  GERD is not something to "laugh" at as Lori does in this asinine video.

IF I THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT THAT God "HELPED" MY SON by "Giving him acid reflux", I'd have fired that "god".  Immediately.

She should've kept the book I sent her. She should throw away everything she's ever read and written and start over.  Now would be a good time.

It appears she has become what she has believed.  

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

Somewhere along the line, something went very wrong with Lori.  I can't help but wonder why no one in her life tried to help her, but maybe they did and she just dismissed them.

I TRIED TO HELP HER. 

I sent her a book!  She rejected its teachings.

She was too proud to receive.

I agree with much of what you have written; something is very wrong here and it's more than "getting older"...

4 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Did she really say God gave her acid reflux?

If she keeps misrepresenting my Father like this Imma' go over to dat page of hers...

Makes me furious.

I once sent her a book on God's will for our health.  She probably bragged about throwing it in the garbage, as she has boasted that she's thrown away so many books gifted to her because of the "false teachings"...

Right?  She treats her higher power like crap. Or, as a personal assistant.  Lori knows nothing about unconditional love or faith in a higher power. I do find it insulting.  I am so thankful for my spirit guides and the love I receive from the unseen.  Just to explain: I grew up Catholic, I always felt love and guidance from " above". I never took to Jesus, honestly but absolutely respect anyone who does.  My spirituality was always strong but Catholicism wasn't right for me. I am pulled to paganism,  have been for decades.  I've literally had Divine help when I cried out during my most intense difficult times in life. I have experienced what I can only call Divine Love and Guidance.  It's so beautiful.  Lori and her kind have probably never felt that. I cannot pinpoint what it is. But, it is!  I honestly believe that if your heart and intentions are pure and truly needed ( not reflux to eat less!) that anyone, open to such or not, can experience the higher power touch.  What we all in some way or another call God.  The times it happened to me were.....amazing.  I could never forget and after such an experience,  my live and understanding of fellow humans increased 5x, like the Grinch's heart that day!   I should start a thread, if anyone is interested,  about experiencing God/ spirit guides/ ancestors reaching out ( I've had that happen.  One in particular that could not be explained away).  I'm so interested in that. Forget bloviating,  these fundies wouldn't know the Spirit hitting them, they'd miss it entirely.  Or think it indigestion so they can eat less. 

10 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Lori knows nothing about unconditional love or faith in a higher power. I do find it insulting.

This.

Her god is some kind of sadist, it appears.

How awful. How sad. And even as he is a sadist to her, she treats him as useful only for improving her eating habits by using painful disease. Pitiful.

I am so happy for you, @Beermeet; it is very clear that you have encountered Love. 

Love is so wonderful; love from above.  I agree with you: Divine Love is amazing.  I could not live without.

No wonder hate has come forth from Lori. If her god is this hateful, what else could come forth from her?

Acid reflux is one of the only known causes of the most common type of esophageal cancer which has a five year survival rate under 20%. 

Not something to be grateful for. Stupid bitch. 

12 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

This.

Her god is some kind of sadist, it appears.

How awful. How sad. And even as he is a sadist to her, she treats him as useful only for improving her eating habits by using painful disease. Pitiful.

I am so happy for you, @Beermeet; it is very clear that you have encountered Love. 

Love is so wonderful; love from above.  I agree with you: Divine Love is amazing.  I could not live without.

No wonder hate has come forth from Lori. If her god is this hateful, what else could come forth from her?

Thank you! That made me happy cry. 

Interestingly,  the first time I was firmly catholic, the second time, pagan. My take was, I came from a place of true need. The most intense times of my life. I cried out without even realizing I was.  Until, IT happened.  The most love and strength I ever encountered.  It was amazing. I don't have the words. It changed me for the better. Forever.  

Much love to you all!  

A couple of things:

1-  that is the weirdest anniversary post ever.  No mention of "I'm glad I wised up and how much I love Ken."  It sounds more like an endurance test that has lasted 38 years because of "rules" she now follows.   Not even a sweet little message.  Just "we made it 38 years."  No warmth in that one at all. 

2 - I'm curious as to what Ken's voice sounds like. Has anyone every seen a video/heard him speak?  Neither here nor there, just curious. We know how Lori sounds, and Alyssa.  I was just curious about Ken. 

Highlights from today's doodle: 

"Thirty eight years of marriage today. What have I learned? The more I tried to control my husband, the worse our marriage became."

"Don't have expectations of what marriage will be like."

"Marriage and true love have nothing to do with feelings and emotions."

"Love is a choice."

I actually agree with the last one but not in the way Lori promotes it. She believes that you just choose to stick it out and call it love. The End. The reality is that in healthy relationships, love is indeed a choice but it's about two people who love each other choosing to make it work. It's about an emotional connection that keeps two people together when times get tough.

Mr. Nova and I are closing in on 20 years now and it's never been a power struggle. We haven't had to "choose" love. We have reasonable expectations like fidelity and we haven't crumbled. We are kind and considerate of one another on a daily basis without having to remind ourselves. And because we are equal partners in everything, it's made us closer through the tough times because we relied on each other. You can't really explain true love and happiness to a person like Lori because if she doesn't have it, it simply doesn't exsist.

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Highlights from today's doodle: 

"Thirty eight years of marriage today. What have I learned? The more I tried to control my husband, the worse our marriage became."

**Agree. Controlling one another leads to unhappiness.  You either love that man as is and he loves you as is.  With minor reasonable changes like, he takes out the trash or, I cook, you clean. Major changes just don't work, ime. 

"Don't have expectations of what marriage will be like."

** To the younger females here and all the single ladies ( cue Beyonce):  Definitely have expectations.  For me it's: fidelity,  respect, kindness, longevity and wanting to have children.  Sort that shit out or don't marry him. He is not changing and neither are you girl. 

"Marriage and true love have nothing to do with feelings and emotions."

**It has EVERYTHING  to do with it!!!!!!   Even if it's a " marriage of convenience ".

"Love is a choice."

I actually agree with the last one but not in the way Lori promotes it. ** Agreed.

See the ** I added. 

It's ironic that the person who always doubles down on gender roles says not to have expectations of marriage.  Lori certainly advocates expectations of marriage in every other post:  women should not work, women should stay home, women should homeschool, etc.  These are all expectations of marriage, Lori.

I do not believe it is expectations themselves that harm marriage; but rather expectations that are not communicated but assumed.  In a model of marriage without knowing the other person, there are probably a lot more of these; which is part of why I think so many fundies have difficult marriages. It's all about how they define a "wife's role" or a "husband's role" and never about the actual relationship with the communication which navigates life itself and brings one another closer.

3 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I do not believe it is expectations themselves that harm marriage; but rather expectations that are not communicated but assumed.  In a model of marriage without knowing the other person, there are probably a lot more of these; which is part of why I think so many fundies have difficult marriages. It's all about how they define a "wife's role" or a "husband's role" and never about the actual relationship with the communication which navigates life itself and brings one another closer.

Yes!  And to add, realizing that your life partner is a whole person.  Who has talents, faults, emotions and opinions.  As the years go by,  I appreciate the human being my husband is. When I'm not around especially!  Or, as we, as my son's parents navigate the process of a difficult diagnosis.  A whole nother world opened up in our marriage when that happened.  We hold each other up. We have had to learn that when one of us is acting a certain way, it's due to intense grieving and trying to find our balance.  I've never loved someone more ( including him, prior!) than I have my husband as we navigate our new normal together.  As we mourn what was supposed to be for our son, as we come to terms with it and learn to live with it, together.  We've come together in ways I never thought possible.  The care and concern we have for each other is well, above and beyond anything I experienced or expected from any relationship.  The Spirit is with us. Helping and guiding.  I have no doubt about that.  We are soul mates. 

I wonder if Lori ever looked at her husband as the child of his mother?  Do you know what I mean by that?  Like, someone who is worthy of love. It's Lori and Ken so, hard to imagine but, you know? I can look my MIL in the eye and know I'm doing right by her beloved son. She wouldn't love me so much if I didn't.  It takes little effort,  he is good to me and I am good to him. We share life together!  Lori would never understand.  

IMO Lori is trying to be her own doctor. If a real-life flesh and blood doctor told her that she was making herself sick with all the woo and starving herself, she’d dismiss the doctor as not following her/God’s ways. She’s too stuck on herself to acknowledge that she is wrong  or needs help. 

Also, what exactly is her definition of eating too much, having 5 bites instead of 4? I do not think she has ever over-eaten by normal standards. 

So, I'm calling it a day on FJ.  I'm too emotional about like 10 topics. I just want to thank you all for being the kind of people to join in or leave me be. You are all good people here on FJ, minus very few. I'm just feeling intensely.  I'm feeling the injustice of some, anger for others and my own personal sufferings.  Overload.  Y'all are good people.  Just...thank you!  Never stop. See you soon. Like, most likely tomorrow.  Lol!

58 minutes ago, freealljs said:

IMO Lori is trying to be her own doctor.

“A physician who treats himself has a fool for a patient.”  Of course Lori is not a physician, so I'm not sure what that makes her.

As others have said Lori really doesn't look healthy, and she seems to be aging abruptly. I can't help wondering if she has crossed over into true mental illness, and that may be affecting her ability to take care of herself. Not trying to make a diagnosis here, I will freely admit that I am not qualified for that, but maybe she needs an intervention.

I just got home from a gathering of high school friends, classes of 1969 and 1970. We’re older than Lori, but all look so much healthier and happier. 

One of my friends told us that she’s decided to end her 40-year marriage. She couldn’t stand living with her husband’s “I insist on the last word and I’m always right” attitude. Their children couldn’t understand how she’s taken it for so long. And with that, she and her soon-to-be ex are treating each other with more kindness and respect than Lori and Ken have EVER exhibited.

10 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I've come to believe that the driving force behind much of Lori's bullshit is extreme xenophobia.  

And we have a bingo winner!!

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

So, I'm calling it a day on FJ.  I'm too emotional about like 10 topics. I just want to thank you all for being the kind of people to join in or leave me be. You are all good people here on FJ, minus very few. I'm just feeling intensely.  I'm feeling the injustice of some, anger for others and my own personal sufferings.  Overload.  Y'all are good people.  Just...thank you!  Never stop. See you soon. Like, most likely tomorrow.  Lol!

It sounds like you are on a healer's (shamanic) journey.

7 hours ago, freealljs said:

IMO Lori is trying to be her own doctor. If a real-life flesh and blood doctor told her that she was making herself sick with all the woo and starving herself, she’d dismiss the doctor as not following her/God’s ways. She’s too stuck on herself to acknowledge that she is wrong  or needs help. 

Also, what exactly is her definition of eating too much, having 5 bites instead of 4? I do not think she has ever over-eaten by normal standards. 

I have mentioned before that I am half Native and I practice many traditional ways, including healing. However, I also go the doctor when an illness or symptoms are either beyond my scope, or are concerning. Lori doesn't seem to understand that traditional and modern medicine can be fine friends.

Lori also doesn't eat well. I believe she simply isn't getting enough nutrients and that is why she is aging so poorly.

Lori, you ignorant twerp, if you honestly think abortions didn’t happen before Roe v Wade you are seriously, seriously deluded. They’ve been happening since ancient times. And women have worked since time immemorial, too. 

Stop. Talking. Such. Horseshit.

Lori felt it was perfectly acceptable to publish an article from 1903 in which the writer referred to a Native woman as an "Indian squaw". Will she also be publishing articles that referred to African Americans as "n*****s", Italians as "w***s", Asians as "ch***s".....well you get my drift. 

Fuck you Lori and all your racist fan boys and fan girls.

11 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Lori, you ignorant twerp, if you honestly think abortions didn’t happen before Roe v Wade you are seriously, seriously deluded. They’ve been happening since ancient times. And women have worked since time immemorial, too. 

Stop. Talking. Such. Horseshit.

Try telling any rabid pro-lifer that making abortion illegal again will stop them. They will just about spit on you for saying that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived