IGNORED

Finnish-Australian Vegan Doomsday Cult Family of 12

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

I watched the first part of her routine video today, it came up on my you tube feed. She gets up around the time I go to bed. Her kids names are the worst. I wonder which King James they named their son after, James VI of Scotland who later became King of England, who was rumoured to have had several male lovers or his grandson who converted to Catholicism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I watched the first part of her routine video today, it came up on my you tube feed. She gets up around the time I go to bed. Her kids names are the worst. I wonder which King James they named their son after, James VI of Scotland who later became King of England, who was rumoured to have had several male lovers or his grandson who converted to Catholicism. 

I'm thinking King James bible, which in itself is named after King James I.

• Upvote 4

Just now, keen23 said:

I'm thinking King James bible, which in itself is named after King James I.

I thought that too, he may have commissioned that Bible that they all seem to love but James hated the hard-line fundimentalists, that is why many fled to America during his reign.

• Upvote 7

And "Loyal Cromwell" and "Michael Courage" Bradrick!  I think the last one got a reasonably sensible name because I can't remember it.

So back to Taina and her early rising.  I don't think it makes her morally superior; it just makes her quite insufferably smug.  Perhaps she enjoys the peace and quiet of the early morning.   I followed the link she gave about sleep but switched it off after the guy spouted the 3rd major inaccuracy in <2 minutes.  It sounded like a quack theory proposed by a quack.

But does she also take a power nap during the day?  The concept that we need 8 hours uninterrupted sleep is probably modern and pretty much came in when gas lighting and electricity were invented.  Before that, segmented or polyphasic  sleep patterns may have been the norm and daily activities scheduled around it.  http://www.history.vt.edu/Ekirch/sleepcommentary.html

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/what-is-segmented-sleep#1

Why does a 4 year old (not a baby) get a bottle at 3:00 am, anyway?  And when do the children stop being "babies?"

ETA I tried to sleuth grandma the Prophetess a bit but found very little info other than her website.  But yes, we are in the End Times, you guys.  Repent!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 11

She goes to bed at 8:30pm and gets up at 2:55am. She’s getting the same amount of sleep as moms who go to bed at 11:30pm and get up at 5:55am. Which is much less shocking to people. The mom who goes to bed at 11:30 most likely gets a lot of stuff done around the house after the kids go to bed. Then gets up with the kids. Taina does the opposite. She goes to bed with the kids and gets up early to get stuff done. Her hours are just a little different from most people. But it’s not that crazy once you think about it. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, mhainlen said:

Holy blanket training! The pediatrician in me desperately wants the bottles to be taken away from those toddlers, too!

I agree.  The fact that all 3 got a "morning bottle" before 3am and then slept sucking on them for the next 3 hrs killed me.  Dental bills anyone?  That and the baby sleeping unattended on their bed next to her semi-comatose husband.  I also didn't see a crib in the room for him.  

Youtube also suggested this family to me last night.  I was going to post about them today.  Youtube definitely is pushing this vlogger.  I guess their metrics are on point if they suggested it to all of us!

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

Youtube also suggested this family to me last night.  I was going to post about them today.  Youtube definitely is pushing this vlogger.  I guess their metrics are on point if they suggested it to all of us!

Yep. She was suggested to me too earlier today, before I had even seen this thread here 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yep. She was suggested to me too earlier today, before I had even seen this thread here 

Youtube is stalking us on here :D

• Haha 13

23 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I think the "new" way to do blanket training is with positive reinforcement, not negative. (I remember Amy from Corner of Joy doing this I think?) So if she is blanket training (and I can't imagine how else you'd get four littles on a blanket for that long without moving), I really really hope it's via bribery, not abuse.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, as I see these terms being confused and misused all the time. It's only a slight annoyance, but thought I would clarify.

Positive reinforcement is adding a stimulus. It can be either pleasant or unpleasant, rewarding or punishment. Both giving a treat (reward) and giving a spanking(punishment) are positive reinforcement. 

Negative reinforcement is removing a stimulus, and can also be either reward or punishment. Turning off the alarm clock in the morning- reward, it stops the annoying noise.  On the other hand, losing recess because the class was too noisy is punishment because it is removing a pleasant stimulus. 

Does that make sense? Think reward vs punishment instead of positive vs negative. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Does that make sense? Think reward vs punishment instead of positive vs negative. 

Also, generally, rewards, better called reinforcements, (positive or negative) are intended to increase a behavior, while punishments, or aversives, are meant to stop one. So a child burning their hand on the stove is a positive punishment. It introduces something (pain) and it encourages a reduction in the behavior (touching the stove). 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, as I see these terms being confused and misused all the time. It's only a slight annoyance, but thought I would clarify. 

No worries, that is good to know! What I meant (though you all probably figured it out) is that some claim (e.g. Amy Joy) you can blanket train babies via rewards instead of punishments. I have no idea if it works or why anyone would think it's a great idea, but that's fundies for you.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I still think the absolute worst for names is Courtney, where she doesn't even allow her kids the slightest individuality.

Clint, Clay, Cade, Caydie, Case, Callie, Calena, Cash, Colt.  Like all the other Courtney-watchers, I am expecting a Casey, Cassie, Cass, Clash, Cayda, Clayla, Clade, Calla, Calliane etc etc etc

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I still think the absolute worst for names is Courtney, where she doesn't even allow her kids the slightest individuality.

Clint, Clay, Cade, Caydie, Case, Callie, Calena, Cash, Colt.  Like all the other Courtney-watchers, I am expecting a Casey, Cassie, Cass, Clash, Cayda, Clayla, Clade, Calla, Calliane etc etc etc

Plus she just calls them by number on her Instagram. 

I’m guessing #10 will be Cole, Cale, Cayla, or Casey.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I really wonder about this too! I also wonder about their diet (she mentions eating grains and legumes for the next meal in the bbq episode, why split up the major nutrients?!), their finances, how they discipline the kids when the camera is off, what exactly her husband believes and how involved he is in the family (he seems so passive!), etc etc.

But they pretty much never answer direct questions like this (they don't even have an intro video with all the kids' names and ages) so I'm not sure we'll ever find out!

The body digests different food types (eg fruits, starches, proteins, etc) at different speeds. For example fruit takes an hour or two to digest while proteins take 4-6. There are some diet plans that suggest splitting up meals into different food types in order to ensure maximum digestion of nutrients. Some bloggers, especially the vegan, raw food types that it seems likely that this lady follows, have really run with that and come up with different diet plans based on it. The basic idea is only eating one category of food in each meal, for example not mixing fruits and proteins because they take different amounts of time to digest. And then not eating again until each meal is fully digested. A typical meal plan following this diet would be fruit in the morning which would be given a couple hours to digest, then a lunch of starches and veggies which would be given 3-4 hours to digest, and then a dinner of proteins which would be last because it would take the longest (5-6 hours) to digest. I cant speak to how effective this food grouping actually is and I think most people dont split up veggies and starches, but from what I've seen of this lady I'm pretty sure this is what shes trying to do. 

Edited by Calypso
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

No worries, that is good to know! What I meant (though you all probably figured it out) is that some claim (e.g. Amy Joy) you can blanket train babies via rewards instead of punishments. I have no idea if it works or why anyone would think it's a great idea, but that's fundies for you.

Yes, I did know what you meant! 

I think it's probably possible to teach a child to on a blanket without hitting or telling at them. It would take more work on the parent's part, but I'm sure you could sit on the floor with the child and repeatedly tell them to stay on the blanket, move them back to the blanket, etc. Or just physically hold them there until you tell them they can get up. 

When I had a child that was completely out of his head angry about sitting in a car seat my pediatrician suggested bringing it inside and having him sit there to eat snacks or watch TV in it so he started to associate it with good feelings. It's possible something like that worked for this family. They lay on the blanket to get changed (lots of positive attention from Mom in a busy house) and to have their bottles. I didn't watch all of the video, but I didn't see them playing on the blanket, only there for bottles and changing. 

• Upvote 4

Sorry if somebody already mentioned this but the eldest daughter participated in a Finnish talent show for kids a few years ago.

I don't know how to attach a link with my phone but her performance is still on YouTube. The show is called KIDSing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Are they all hers? She mentions having 5 aussies and 5 finnish children, and mentioned having 4 in three years... Youtube suggested to me this morning.

EDIT: Although I guess she could mean it was birth country

Edited by DundeeUnFundie
Added a thought
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Are they all hers? She mentions having 5 aussies and 5 finnish children, and mentioned having 4 in three years... Youtube suggested to me this morning

I think 5 were born in Australia and 5 were born in Finland. I think they moved around 8 or 9 years ago to Finland from Australia. 

So Cleo went on a tv talent show, mom has a vlog and 2 kids have a vlog. Grandma has a dooms day page. These people really want to be famous. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Dad's youtube is fun. (https://www.youtube.com/user/elohimisjesus/videos) Lots of "The End is Near" stuff. He's a fan of Kent Hovind. Many of his videos have like a whopping 10 views. His wife, on the other hand, with her cultish stepford children/morning routine videos has millions in a week.

• Upvote 4

I don't know what to address first: the kid named Nefertiti Bambi Butterfly, which for some reason I think is the worst of all of the names, or the weird, fake-modern art concept video explaining the really pretty boring story that Jenna met a boy at church, fell in love, and married him. 

Where to even begin with all this...

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

40 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Dad's youtube is fun. (https://www.youtube.com/user/elohimisjesus/videos) Lots of "The End is Near" stuff. He's a fan of Kent Hovind. Many of his videos have like a whopping 10 views. His wife, on the other hand, with her cultish stepford children/morning routine videos has millions in a week.

No.  That is not fair.  The kids are cute.  Mom, OTOH, reminds me of one of these but all grown up:

village-of-the-damned-wallpaper-15.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

Thank you, this was who I was trying to remember in the "worst named kids" category.

I also wonder what she did or who she paid, to get all these views? The fact so many of you had her suggested today and her numbers have jumped so high in a few days does not seem a coincidence.

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ok, 2 things: 

• Blanket training. Positive or negative or reward or punishment, all I know is that my PTSD spider-sense went bonkers. Something is dark, there. 
  • Names. Who would name their daughter Aphrodite? Isn't she the embodiment of lust? Why don't you just call her "Sexy"? It is totally inappropriate and very skeevy. Interestingly, the spider-sense doesn't pick up on it.
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2