IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

The Batessses habit of publicly announcing the full chosen name months before birth is weird.

Didn't Tori go 2 or 3 weeks early with Kade? I think she's probably going to be a lot like Erin. Possibly even more prolific. Get pregnant every nine months or so, and deliver early so that her children are all about 16 months apart.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

The Batessses habit of publicly announcing the full chosen name months before birth is weird.

Didn't Tori go 2 or 3 weeks early with Kade? I think she's probably going to be a lot like Erin. Possibly even more prolific. Get pregnant every nine months or so, and deliver early so that her children are all about 16 months apart.

I agree. Since she doesn’t seem to have the clotting disorder, she will have even more than Erin. My guess is that she will have the most children out of all of the Bates kids. And I’m hoping for a bunch of boys before they have a girl. It will force them to break gender roles from time to time.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

Kade looks so young in the pictures! He will have to share the attention while he is still almost a baby himself, and soon there will be no time left for him if they keep having baby's at this rate. Poor guy.

Don't like the name either. 

• Upvote 9

I don't understand why they announce the names so early.  It gives people 7-8 months to criticize the name.  Oh, and I don't like the name Kolter either.

Edited by NoKidsAndCounting
addition
  • Upvote 5

Does anyone like Kolter?! Come on! Fess up! Someone on FJ likes the name and is embarrassed to admit it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 28

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I know he works with Kelton's company now, but I wonder what his true feelings are on not being able to pursue his dream. Especially now that he will soon have another mouth to feed.

There really isn't much time for career dreams in their lifestyle is there? For men or women, for different reasons

I'll always give Lawson credit for doing the math on that one at least. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

There really isn't much time for career dreams in their lifestyle is there? For men or women, for different reasons

I'll always give Lawson credit for doing the math on that one at least. 

I also don't see him having  100  19 baby's, even if he finds  a young girl someday.  But I could be wrong of course, because Bates.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does anyone like Kolter?! Come on! Fess up! Someone on FJ likes the name and is embarrassed to admit it.

No. Grey is far better. And odd as it seems, even Colter would be better.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Maybe the K names are to honor Kelly?  Like the Smuggars did M names for Michelle? K is such a rough letter theme though. 

And I also thought of Ann Coulter.  I still remember the schadenfreude when she had to have her jaw wired shut, lol. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn't say I LIKE the name, but a friend of mine has an amazing little boy named Colter so I do have positive feelings towards the name, even  though I would not choose it myself. So I guess I can be the lone person who doesn't hate it LOL

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Maybe the K names are to honor Kelly?  Like the Smuggars did M names for Michelle? K is such a rough letter theme though. 

And I also thought of Ann Coulter.  I still remember the schadenfreude when she had to have her jaw wired shut, lol. 

K is better than some letters. But I have a feeling Tori will pick awful K names. There are names like Kent, Kevin, Katherine, Kara, Kayla, or Kyle. But I bet she will choose names like Kardigan (sorry Keilens).

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

It's funny that they are going with K names, at least for their boys, when Zach and Whitney seem to be doing K names for their girls. 

I don't recall that my DH and I did an official announcement with my boys' names when I was still pregnant, but we didn't make it a secret what we intended to name them. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ticklish said:

I wouldn't say I LIKE the name, but a friend of mine has an amazing little boy named Colter so I do have positive feelings towards the name, even  though I would not choose it myself. So I guess I can be the lone person who doesn't hate it LOL

I don't hate it either, but I wouldn't choose it. It's better than Spurgeon.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I don't recall that my DH and I did an official announcement with my boys' names when I was still pregnant, but we didn't make it a secret what we intended to name them. 

We’ve always announced the names of our fetuses as soon as we decided. I know a lot of people like to keep them private to keep people vocalizing their distaste but I was always of the “screw it” attitude and figured that the sooner I got it out the sooner people could deal with it. Opinions never swayed or bothered me.

For me it was like “Hey, here’s the name now you have five months to build a bridge and get over it.”

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

We’ve always announced the names of our fetuses as soon as we decided. I know a lot of people like to keep them private to keep people vocalizing their distaste but I was always of the “screw it” attitude and figured that the sooner I got it out the sooner people could deal with it. Opinions never swayed or bothered me.

For me it was like “Hey, here’s the name now you have five months to build a bridge and get over it.”

Same here. I’m the biggest asshole on the planet when pregnant and no one dares to voice a negative opinion about names. We didn’t know the sex so we told people both the names we had chosen long before birth. My husband basically let me name our kids. He just had veto power. He never vetoed my choices because our first was named after him and our second was named after his dad and my dad. So you can’t really veto those choices!

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I watched last weeks episode of BuB (it showed Tori and Bobby moving). They were pretty vague about why Bobby was no longer a youth pastor, but implication seemed to be that Bobby wasn't making enough to support his family.

I know he works with Kelton's company now, but I wonder what his true feelings are on not being able to pursue his dream. Especially now that he will soon have another mouth to feed.

My theory is UP/Figure 8 Films offered more money if the couples move back to the area.  Also, I wonder if Gil is wanting Bobby to work at the family church?  I kind of got that impression a few seasons ago when Bobby moved to E TN before he and Tori married.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

My theory is UP/Figure 8 Films offered more money if the couples move back to the area.  Also, I wonder if Gil is wanting Bobby to work at the family church?  I kind of got that impression a few seasons ago when Bobby moved to E TN before he and Tori married.

I agree on point one. Point two, no. Gil is too dog in a church with no formal biblical training or education. No way does he invite in the school produced minister. 

When Bobby first moved and Gil offered a job at the church, it was cleaning and odd jobs. Gil's livelihood depends on people seeing him as the best and brightest. He won't risk that on Bobby. He may sting him along with promises, but Bobby won't get any closer than the front row. Too much ego.

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 10

Yeah, I see your point.  Gil probably won't even let his own sons have any kind of role at the church except music, singing, or cleaning.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Tori is pregnant again and due in April. I kinda thought she seemed pregnant on the Dollywood pics

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/tori-bates-is-pregnant-expecting-baby-no-2-with-bobby-smith/

Edit: it’s a boy named Kolter Grey. Not into it at all. What’s up with these K’s and the Bates family lately?

I feel some sort of 50 shades of grey joke is in order, but can’t think of one.

Just, and that isn’t a joke, I really dislike both names they picked. But different people like different names so that’s the smallest problem. 

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

According to babycenter.com kolter means young horse. A google search showed the origin to be German and it means quilt. 

Too lazy to google it, but kolter/ Kolter doesn’t mean anything in German that I’m aware of. Maybe it has its roots in German or is a very rarely used word, but I’ve never heard it. 

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic