IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Is your small town located on Earth?

I've never been to a Walmart like that.

It’s in British Columbia AND it has an essential oil diffuser in the bathroom! It’s such a small town everyone knows each other just about. Gets a lot of transient business or I don’t think it would survive as well as it does.  No produce though.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found anew recipe for Jill to try, though I fear for how she might customize it.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There is a member who used to be quite active that had the right half of the pic as her avatar.  The chicken, Steve, became almost an honorary member of FJ.

Ah yes, that was our dear @OkToBeTakei!  I hope she's doing well.  We miss you, @OkToBeTakei

When someone posts about chicken in a can, I always assume they mean the ones in tuna type cans, which I sometimes use for a quick chicken salad when I need to eat and nothing in the fridge is appealing. I only use the white meat ones. I have only seen whole chicken in a can on Chopped where one of the chefs was so excited to use it because his mom always made it when he was growing up. I have never seen it in the store. 

I am guessing the recipe is for a chicken tortilla soup. I have honestly never seen a recipe using cream of chicken soup as most use heavy cream and sour cream. I would also use either chicken I cooked or a rotisserie chicken from the store. Otherwise, the recipe doesn’t really bother me. It looks good in the picture. Mmmmm Mexican cheese. 

11 minutes ago, socalrules said:

When someone posts about chicken in a can, I always assume they mean the ones in tuna type cans, which I sometimes use for a quick chicken salad when I need to eat and nothing in the fridge is appealing. I only use the white meat ones. I have only seen whole chicken in a can on Chopped where one of the chefs was so excited to use it because his mom always made it when he was growing up. I have never seen it in the store. 

I am guessing the recipe is for a chicken tortilla soup. I have honestly never seen a recipe using cream of chicken soup as most use heavy cream and sour cream. I would also use either chicken I cooked or a rotisserie chicken from the store. Otherwise, the recipe doesn’t really bother me. It looks good in the picture. Mmmmm Mexican cheese. 

Yeah I don't see how using canned cream of soup is even necessary for that type of soup. Its just as easy, if not easier, to use heavy cream (although 99% of the time I use half and half because that's what I have on hand). I like to make this creamy chicken tortilla soup  https://www.cookingclassy.com/creamy-chicken-tortilla-soup/. This recipe even has you cook the chicken in the actual soup so no canned chicken necessary. 

30 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I have had those too (and white meat) for chicken salad. I think of it like tuna. 

She thinks cooking a chicken is hard??

I worked an 8 hour day today, cooked my dinner, and have a loaf of home made bread dough rising right now to be baked later.

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

My mother has this weird thing about chicken stock. Like she refuses to buy, and would be very upset with me if she knew I bought it. She thinks it's a waste of money. She always buys a whole chicken, roasts it for dinner, then uses the leftovers to make stock and chicken pot pie.

My grandmother was like that.She would not eat canned soup,either.

5 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Found anew recipe for Jill to try, though I fear for how she might customize it.

Can you use canned water for this?

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Ah yes, that was our dear @OkToBeTakei!  I hope she's doing well.  We miss you, @OkToBeTakei

I’d go back and quote myself if I could, but I think I made my comment about her and canned chicken like, within the last two weeks and we have literally been talking about food and the canned-fresh-how Jill cooks for that long.

Nothing else is happening here.

1 hour ago, Swamptribe said:

She thinks cooking a chicken is hard??

I worked an 8 hour day today, cooked my dinner, and have a loaf of home made bread dough rising right now to be baked later.

and you want a brownie right for all that  :D Jill might bake you one and then brag about it 

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

...with cream-of-chicken soup in it!!!

and then post it and expect praise 

I have never had cream of chicken soup 

surprising :D

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Post it, complete with horrible photos. 

i am not allowed to post photos :D

so dream of of my artichoke dinner

little baby artichokes cut in half and cooked in hot boiling water for 20 minutes, all the while in the a pan beside it is simmering shallots, with garlic pressed down with olive oil, ooh smell that delicious smell, then i put the tomatoes in and ooh they simmer and ooh what is that noise i hear, the chopped olives which are green and from whole foods simmer all together...while I am watching SUV and oooh it smells so good and 20 minutes go by and i take a tiny artichoke and cut into the end piece and wow they are done...and i drain them and then i pour them in the and pan and saute them and i put them aside and let them cool....

dinner anyone ??:D

As much as I hate to distract from the glory of the canned chicken, Alyssa Webster is having a gift card giveaway on her instagram to show appreciation for her fans/followers. 

Jill has entered. I'm not sure how to react. IMG_20181027_012317.thumb.png.2b34f36057a109bc7735f4366672f7fe.png

I too have only seen a whole canned chicken on Chopped. One thing I did like growing up was brown bread in a can, heated up with some butter on it.

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

As much as I hate to distract from the glory of the canned chicken, Alyssa Webster is having a gift card giveaway on her instagram to show appreciation for her fans/followers. 

Jill has entered. I'm not sure how to react. IMG_20181027_012317.thumb.png.2b34f36057a109bc7735f4366672f7fe.png

Someone pointed out that several of Alyssa's siblings also entered, which is even odder to me than Jill entering. 

Also, someone pointed out on Alyssa’s thread just how weird a giveaway it is - no information listed about which gift cards are being given away (you have to try to guess from what you can see), no dollar amounts, no information on where these gift cards came from...

43 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Why does she call Alyssa biz? 

This girl is just tragic.

It’s Alyssa’s nickname from when she was younger. I don’t remember how she got it though. 

56 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Why does she call Alyssa biz? 

This girl is just tragic.

Because she uses a nick name for someone she has known most of her life?  

She could cure cancer and some would still find a way to find her pathetic for doing it.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived