IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

I don't want to blame a Duggarville curse or anything, but this is the first time my apple crisp gave me trouble.  

It came out okay, after some fussing over it, but it looks as ugly as Jill's.  Punishment for my own hubris I guess :) 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

ha!  

No canned soups were harmed in the making of this dessert.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am making an apple crisp today.  This makes me want to blog mine without seeing hers to see how close we come.

And I honestly don't want to snark but....why is it gray?!

lighting, lighting is absolutely everything. Good angles, too. I've been in recipe groups where we've traded photos and can do half decent food shots. Also how the food is placed on the dish, what dish you use. Jill's photos look like they have  zero forethought. The styrofoam the half-eaten, sloppy serving bowl shots, it's all just awful and makes her food look even  less appetizing than it already is.

Oh Jill. That looks terrible...and she's so unaware or don't care at all what she pushed out there. 

I'd say it one of those recipes that tastes better than it looks...but  doubt that's the case/s regarding Jill most of the time.

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

we're on page 20 - anyone want to throw out some suggestions for the new thread title?

How much chicken would a Dillard can if a Dillard could can chicken? 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

we're on page 20 - anyone want to throw out some suggestions for the new thread title?

Like watching paint dry. 

Or like watching grass grow

I don't think Jill has a method to her madness about social media, but posting *almost* there food photographs drives people mad and gains you followers. I post healthier things, but have gotten a ton of advice and food photographers jumping on to follow.

As far as Jill and her siblings entering Alyssa's giveaway, it's a numbers game. If those are free gift cards, or Alyssa is trying to drum up her social media for free things saying X# people entered X# tagged 3 friends matter. Likely how FabFitFun happened and failed due to pushback.

Social media is a tool that even when you're bad at it, you can succeed with enough of a base and hashing like crazy. Jill doesn't have to post nice, perfect things to be successful or garner conversation. We rip on about it here, there's Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter and whatever else. She garners conversation and that's presumably their goal, because talk is shifted off of their espoused beliefs.

That being said, I watch this mess and BEC (trying to be better about it). 

That looks like someome lost their lunch over her skillet.  ?  I thought the oats and the brown sugar are what gave it texture. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dillards #68:  WTF

40 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I’m just going to leave this here.

Reveal hidden contents

BDCBE1B9-E69B-4B6F-B9FA-CEA563811FE8.jpeg.fda7548e592192d0ed7c6e7947d265c9.jpeg

I looked this up and found a guy reviewing it. I have no words.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I looked this up and found a guy reviewing it. I have no words.

Hide contents

10/10?!

Which came first the can of cream of chicken soup or the egg?

or this one might be a bit better obscure 

The can came back the very the very next day. We thought it was a goner but the can came back it just couldn’t stay away

How many cans would a JillyMuffin cook if a JillyMuffin could cook cans?

On 10/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I try to be a Target/Costco shopper as much as possible. Our Wal-marts here are usually filthy and crowded. I once inadvertently went to a Wal-Mart that was closing and having a liquidation sale, and it was like I imagine hell to look like--screaming children, angry adults, body odor, fights. It was awful, but the real reason is that I just can't stomach how Wal-Mart treats their employees. 

This is the main reason (there are so many) that I have never and will never set foot in a Walmart.

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dillards 68: It's a Can's World

Dillards 68: Be the Can 

Dillards 68: What God has joined together let no Can put asunder (shamelessly stolen from pun generator) 

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dillards 68:  Stirring up Sh*t

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Dillards 68: It's a Can's World

Dillards 68: Be the Can 

Dillards 68: What God has joined together let no Can put asunder (shamelessly stolen from pun generator) 

I read this with Michael Caine's voice saying it like in Miss Congeniality telling Sandra Bullock " Yes. Wear the crown. Be the crown. You are the crown."

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dillards 68:  I'd Rather Eat the Can (Than Whatever That Dish Was)

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

My husband thinks Christmas Tinner is brilliant and wants to try it now.

I showed the pic to my husband. I asked him if he would eat it. He, who even eats weird British shit* all the time, said, “I wouldn’t think so.” Lol

*This is a phrase in our mixed-culture house. There is also the reciprocal phrase of  weird Southern shit.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived