IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

Ok well at least that makes sense,  in all my years of Bates and Duggar watching I hadnt heard that! But why is she entering Alyssa’s fan appreciation gift card drawing? So weird

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Someone pointed out that several of Alyssa's siblings also entered, which is even odder to me than Jill entering. 

Just out of curiosity why is it weird Jill entered the giveway?  Siblings, yeah, if you're going to give to family do it privately but assuming it's a giveway for her followers what's the ettiquette that Jill should have bowed out?

I'm not being snarky - genuinely curious.

Because its for her fans/followerers, not long time family friends? And because jill is also a public figure/(former) reality tv personality? I just dont think shes the target demographic there. Its totally weird that siblings entered too. 

Yeah usually giveaways are meant to boost follower engagement. Awarding the prizes to family and friends instead of followers could piss people off and/or make her followers believe it was all a scam. It’s weird for siblings and friends to enter. 

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just out of curiosity why is it weird Jill entered the giveway?  Siblings, yeah, if you're going to give to family do it privately but assuming it's a giveway for her followers what's the ettiquette that Jill should have bowed out?

I'm not being snarky - genuinely curious.

I don’t really know. I think probably because it’s like @MsSaylormentioned - that Jill, Anna, and Alyssa’s siblings don’t seem to really be the target audience for this type of thing because they actually know Alyssa. I don’t know... maybe the long history of grifting with these two families is giving me an unfair impression here. 

I think the “tag three people” thing suggests that she wants as many people as possible to enter. 

Every time I read this thread title, I think of Jan Levinson's assistant Hunter's song. "You made me a maaaaannnn" could EASILY turn into "It came from a caaaaaannnnn." I'm no song-writer, but maybe this would inspire one of our more talented lyricists. @thoughtful????

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t really know. I think probably because it’s like @MsSaylormentioned - that Jill, Anna, and Alyssa’s siblings don’t seem to really be the target audience for this type of thing because they actually know Alyssa. I don’t know... maybe the long history of grifting with these two families is giving me an unfair impression here. 

I completely agree with siblings, that's just weird.  Like even radio stations you can't win contests if a relative works there.

Good point on the grifting - makes sense.  IMO it just makes Jill look like she doesn't understand how this would look or she wouldn't do it if she understood how SM works.  But birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, Duggars gotta grift.

If I were Alyssa I'd tell my siblings to knock it off and stop embarrassing me and make sure the winners were random followers.  

It is weird for to me for anyone Alyssa knows personally to enter her giveaway. I was gonna say maybe they're tagging people to help her get more followers and not really looking to win, but I'm guessing the people tagged like Anna or Jessa are already following her. I've done like/share/comment on things for friends who use social media at work but this one is still a bit of a puzzler to me. 

It's extra weird for Jill, IMO after she already tried so hard to win that Tuttle Twin contest when her already having 1M followers (assuming they're all real and she didn't just buy a bunch) that put others at a disadvantage. The better thing to do would be to direct her followers over to Alyssa's account.

Plus her lazy ass husband doesn't work. 

If you can't figure out why it's weird for Jill to enter Alyssa's contest, just imagine how it would look to Alyssa's followers if Jill actually won. "Hey, I'm doing this giveaway for my followers, and SURPRISE, my reality-TV star friend with a million followers of her own won!"

6EB873D6-DB87-47F9-980D-25166E2A8375.thumb.png.f488cfafdcb90370e60e23875c118534.png

Sorry Jilly Muffin. Maybe you’ll win something eventually?*

*Other than winning a lifetime of marriage to a massive asshole. 

Jill posted a recipe for apple crisp with this photo. She’s trying hard, but it still looks gross, right? She left cinnamon off the ingredients list and didn’t provide a quantity. It needs a good copy editor too.

6B743030-3E69-4822-886D-C5FF4C56BC23.jpeg

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jill posted a recipe for apple crisp with this photo. She’s trying hard, but it still looks gross, right? She left cinnamon off the ingredients list and didn’t provide a quantity. It needs a good copy editor too.

6B743030-3E69-4822-886D-C5FF4C56BC23.jpeg

I am making an apple crisp today.  This makes me want to blog mine without seeing hers to see how close we come.

And I honestly don't want to snark but....why is it gray?!

42 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And I honestly don't want to snark but....why is it gray?!

Because food photography is a skill, and Jill is TERRIBLE at it.

My father-in-law is the same. He is actually a GREAT cook, but he just can't for the life of him take a decent food picture. Of course, he doesn't post his food pictures on a blog he's trying to make money off of. He just sends them to his family, and we proceed to make fun of him for his terrible pictures (but assure him that we are certain his food still tastes delicious!).

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Because food photography is a skill, and Jill is TERRIBLE at it.

My father-in-law is the same. He is actually a GREAT cook, but he just can't for the life of him take a decent food picture. Of course, he doesn't post his food pictures on a blog he's trying to make money off of. He just sends them to his family, and we proceed to make fun of him for his terrible pictures (but assure him that we are certain his food still tastes delicious!).

Very true.  I made the best stir fry by accident the other day and in person it didn't look gross, not pretty but fine...but when I tried to take a pic it looked like something I wouldn't eat on a bet.

But like your father in law I didn't post it on the web for followers and profit.

Still though...hers look more like potato wedges covered in canned cream of mushroom soup.

That purported “apple crisp”, if one can call it that, looks like something my cat left in the corner of my daughter’s bedroom when he had an upset stomach. :thumbsdown:

Not to mention the recipe is a bad one and doesn't have any oatmeal or brown sugar.

Looks like she fluffed a plaid tablecloth around it to try and pretty it up. I thought it looked like potato wedges covered in gravy. Oh Jill. Which sister liked photography? Jinger, right? She needs to offer some lessons to her sister. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Not to mention the recipe is a bad one and doesn't have any oatmeal or brown sugar.

Now that is just wrong. Oats, brown sugar, a load of cinnamon, butter, some flour, blended together and sprinkled over sliced apples, served warm with ice cream. Ohhhhhh yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

The apples look crisp but whatever tf else is in there doesn't.  Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Ha!  Yes, that's exactly it.

How can you have apple crisp without oatmeal and brown sugar? And without cinnamon?!

I don't like to constantly rag on Jill for her recipes, but I have to admit she really misses the mark over and over again and I'm not sure what she's trying to accomplish. Just looking at that picture, at first I thought it was some kind of seafood thing. Then I thought bean pods in a strange sauce? When I read apple crisp I had to stare at it for a moment before it clicked.

Jill tries the hardest and also fails the hardest at all her traditional womanly duties : cooking, baking, child-rearing, decorating, dressing nicely, hosting, having good social skills, not to mention her disastrous midwifery practice. 

Must stink to be bad at the only things your gender is allowed to do.

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

I thought it looked like potato wedges covered in gravy.

Same. And then when I read it was an apple crisp my brain had a moment. I think it's OK now.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived