IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

On 11/23/2018 at 11:26 AM, BachelorToTheRapture said:

It may not "technically" be winter, but in some parts it's been cold with a bit of snow on the ground and lakes and ponds freezing over for a few weeks now. I'm sure that's not the case as far south as PA, but it's definitely early winter in Minnesota :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:

I feel your pain. I'm in a northern part of Alberta, and we've had snow since the end of September when I moved here. It is currently -6°C and I am cold.

Perhaps Felicity is one of those people who is always cold? I'm not sure if that's too soon to tell with a baby or not, I just know that I am personally always cold any time it's below 25°C, so I don't see someone wearing a hat as anything interesting. I myself have been known to wear my touque in August.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

It could just be that she's not growing as fast as her sisters. I have a cousin, about 6 months younger and from the time we were 2 or so she was significantly taller, often a full head. She reached her full height early, I kept growing until I was 19! I'm now 4ish inches taller than her. Her height right now compared to other girls (especially in an age where girls are physically all over) doesn't mean a lot about how tall she'll be or how she's growing.

Yep, and Jordyn is almost 10...  5th grade for girls is like 8th grade for boys... some of them have started their main growth spurt heading into puberty and are way taller than the others who haven't hit that yet.   

On 11/25/2018 at 3:44 PM, KelseyAnn said:

You come to MN and tell me its NOT winter. 

Or northern IL. Blizzard here yesterday and today. Lots of snow closures, including DD's job. She was thrilled.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:44 PM, KelseyAnn said:

As a foster-kid myself, I just don't agree with you, at all. 

Why the hell should parents get MULTIPLE chances to fuck up thier children, whilst children don't have the ability to magically recover from a shitty childhood. 

Why do kids have to suffer in silence because thier abuse or neglect wasn't "serious" enough so Mommy and Daddy can keep 'trying' to be good parents. It's bullshit. It's far easier to raise decent children, then it is to repair broken ones, and if that means taking kids away from Gwen and Thomas, even those they 'want' to try and do better, so be it. CHildren should always come first, not the wants of the parents. 

You come to MN and tell me its NOT winter. 

I'm so sorry you went through that. I'm very glad that your experience in foster care was better than your home of origin. Sadly, I know many stories where entering foster care made children's lives worse.

My husband and I looked into becoming foster parents, but eventually we were told our home wasn't big enough.  But while we were still going to classes, we met a woman who was also training to foster.  She said that she and her brothers spent a year in foster care  Her mother had died and her father couldn't care for his pre-teen/teens so they spent a year in care before he was able to bring the kids back home.  

She loved her foster parents, so she was shocked when her brothers were against her becoming one.  It turned out that her brothers had bad foster parents, where she had great ones.  Once they were all home again they'd never discussed their lives when in care.  Anyway, it just made her more determined to be a foster mom and to be as good as the one she had.

I was lurking on "wish" to see if I could find some Christmas gift ideas, and saw this...I can not thinking about fJ when I saw it 

Screenshot_2018-11-28-10-13-15.png

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I was lurking on "wish" to see if I could find some Christmas gift ideas, and saw this...I can not thinking about fJ when I saw it 

Screenshot_2018-11-28-10-13-15.png

She even kind of looks like Jinger. I thought it was her at first glance.

Yeah me too when I saw it at firSt!  I was a little confused like "why is Jinger hugging someone who dosen't look like Jeremy?" 

I thought it was Jessa at first (only took a quick glance), so was wondering wth is going on ... why is Jessa getting a bit up close and personal with Babeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I had to go back and take a closer look to see if it was not Jessa, or Jinger or Jeremy in the picture. 

10 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I thought it was Jessa at first (only took a quick glance), so was wondering wth is going on ... why is Jessa getting a bit up close and personal with Babeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I had to go back and take a closer look to see if it was not Jessa, or Jinger or Jeremy in the picture. 

I just squint and pretend it is Carlin Bates and Evan whatever...

4 minutes ago, donnal said:

Vuolo sighting. They’re sitting behind me at my hotel restaurants breakfast as we speak with baby Felicity...

What city (if you can say)?  

2 minutes ago, donnal said:

Dallas

Do share any tidbits if possible.  :sleuth:

Lol. Not many details. I was walking in and randomly thought “That looks like Jeremy.” Did a double take and saw then that it was indeed them. Was sat across the restaurant but could hear Baby Felicity cooing and gurgling. Saw them again a while later out the window getting into a big ass truck in the valet area. Ginger was in a gray dress and Jeremy in a blue suit. That was my morning intrigue, lol. I tried not to be too much of a creepy starer.

48 minutes ago, donnal said:

Lol. Not many details. I was walking in and randomly thought “That looks like Jeremy.” Did a double take and saw then that it was indeed them. Was sat across the restaurant but could hear Baby Felicity cooing and gurgling. Saw them again a while later out the window getting into a big ass truck in the valet area. Ginger was in a gray dress and Jeremy in a blue suit. That was my morning intrigue, lol. I tried not to be too much of a creepy starer.

Good for you - non- creepy is always the way to go :) 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Cool - Jinger's instagram shows pics of a botanical garden (or similar) in Dallas.

Jeremy posted that they were at the Dallas Botanical Garden, and he also posted at this coffee shop chain which has multiple locations in Dallas: https://www.houndstoothcoffee.com/. He also showed that they were flying to Dallas.

He preached at Trinity Bible Church in Dallas this morning: https://www.trinitybiblechurchofdallas.com/events/2018/12/2/december-2-2018-jeremy-vuolo

A woman I went to junior high and high school with 30 years ago recently remarried. She posts pictures of her and her new husband wearing cheesy matching shirts all over social media a few times a week. She invested heavily in them. So far, I haven't seen that set and now I'm afraid we will. 

Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when the woman says to Elaine, "you haven't changed since college" and it's not a compliment? I always want to say to this woman, "you haven't changed since 8th grade". It would not be a compliment. 

If Jill followed Derrick around on all these trips like Jinger does with Jeremy, everybody here would be ridiculing her for being clingy, dragging a baby around on endless flights, not having any interests of her own, etc. I really don't see this as any different.

ETA: My husband travels around North America and the world extensively. I did 2 one-year long maternity leaves and I could have gone with him. I went once, to Boston, to join him at the tail end of a week he was there so we could spend the weekend there and brought our 7-month-old at the time. It wouldn't occur to me to go to every one of his work events, etc. I had a whole life at home...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived