IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

Boundaries are important and necessary! That DIL would be no less loving if she said "I love you and I would like you to be in our lives but you will not treat me this way." In fact, I think it is a greater kindness and speaks to addressing sinful behavior in appropriate ways. To allow it to go on allows the person to remain caught in their behavior. I wonder what would have happened if a boundary was set? Perhaps he would have realized his behavior and would have lived a more peaceful, love filled life. Also the husband should be addressing this behavior with his father. If a spouse is being treated badly by their in laws then the other spouse should be protecting their partner by setting boundaries with their parent if possible. One should not silently allow their spouse to be abused. 

And Jeff definitely seems slightly controlling in the situation but the boundaries he helped them set up might be helpful as long as the DIL had input in creating the plan. Depending on what they write it might be good to have someone filter the emails. I know my dad would not be above sending an email if he thought it would protect me. But I think all should be done with her permission and she needs to be empowered to control the situation. 

Also Jeff, don't give Lori ideas about the weed wackier string. It might fit within the Pearls guidelines for beating your children. She might be tempted to use it in the future instead of her leather strap. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well isn't that classic narcissist thinking, no boundaries? Everything is an extension of themselves and is used as such?

18 hours ago, Loveday said:

I had no idea he donates his salary back. That just makes me want to crush on him all over again, fifty years later! :romance-heartbeating: :pb_lol:

The one good Christmas I had as a kid was the Christmas I got his (vinyl) album. One of his songs helped me not hate the diminutive of my name just a bit less....until I grew up, was in therapy and realized that by using that name, all of the adults in my life took my identity. Still like the song.

Sorry. I do have good memories of Bobby Sherman. Wonder if anything of his is on Youtube.....

If only society wasn't run by man's arbitrary, changing whims aka feelings....oh wait, it already is. I mean men still make up a large portion of the government across the globe and have heavy influence in everyday life. And the results speak for themselves. 

image.png

3 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I read the John Jakes series that started with "The Bastard"  and continued for 8 or so more books.   Sex with some American history thrown in for good measure........  

My people! I read that series, and Kathleen Woodiwiss too, when I was 13 or so. 

Spoiler

I don't know why there is a spoiler warning, I think I must have hit the wrong key!  Anyway.  Jeff Pearson sounds just as controlling as the DIL's parents.  He might be more polite, but he's still trying to tell his adult son and daughter in law what to do and how to live their life.  I think her parents, if that is true, do need a clear boundary and maybe all contact cut off.  But that is not up to him.  It also concerns and disturbs me that he wants his son to read the emails that are sent to his wife.  That is really way, way too controlling.

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

If only society wasn't run by man's arbitrary, changing whims aka feelings....oh wait, it already is. I mean men still make up a large portion of the government across the globe and have heavy influence in everyday life. And the results speak for themselves. 

image.png

I pray everyday my girls never ever ever meet a Vlad.... or ones like him. This is just disgusting. 

39 minutes ago, Briefly said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why there is a spoiler warning, I think I must have hit the wrong key!  Anyway.  Jeff Pearson sounds just as controlling as the DIL's parents.  He might be more polite, but he's still trying to tell his adult son and daughter in law what to do and how to live their life.  I think her parents, if that is true, do need a clear boundary and maybe all contact cut off.  But that is not up to him.  It also concerns and disturbs me that he wants his son to read the emails that are sent to his wife.  That is really way, way too controlling.

I absolutely agree with you. I got a sick feeling when I read this. Jeff is no better than her parents. If even what he says about her parents is even true...

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how Lori can find this abuse but not what she did to her own kids. Also Jeff seems very controlling. He shouldn’t get to decide the kind of life his son and dil have. That is up to them. 1B9348FC-FE84-4B5A-AC10-98A833132A7B.thumb.jpeg.17c64ca98c254635dc75c0a71a225964.jpeg

I think that both sides are just as equally messed up and the poor young woman ended up with a guy and future in-laws who aren't going to help her all that much with encouraging the son to be controlling. 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

Lori thinks boundaries are unbiblical.  she has said the before. 

It's fine, though, to set boundaries on what other people eat. "Ken, no string cheez." "Girls, you're getting fat." I thought she said she wasn't afraid to address ANY sinful behavior, especially gluttony.

Funnily enough, arranged marriages tend to be common in countries where divorce is a no-no, or frowned upon. Same with marriages from the past century. There were many marriages that lasted longer than they would today because divorce was a social taboo. 

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

It's fine, though, to set boundaries on what other people eat. "Ken, no string cheez." "Girls, you're getting fat." I thought she said she wasn't afraid to address ANY sinful behavior, especially gluttony.

And what’s a bigger boundary than deleting comments?

Lori believes in LOTS of boundaries for herself, just none for others.

Lori does realize that saying "no sex before marriage" to a partner is a boundary...right?

....right?

Queen Lori should come shadow me as I teach healthy relationship skills to youth all day. Nothing BUT boundaries and at-risk kids who have difficulty, for various reasons, establishing and maintaining boundaries. She'd be singing a far different song after that.

Slightly off topic, but since Lori and the fangirls are so against public schools I know they would be all over this...

I have a slightly fundie fb friend who homeschooled, but finally sent her son to high school for the last couple of years.  She posted that last week someone beat the fool out of her son in the locker room (concussion, broken nose, rib etc.).  Then she says all the school did was suspend the attacker for 5 days and how upset she is (rightly so).  Everyone was commenting telling her to go to the police. Duh!  Are these people so sheltered that they don't  know to call the cops and press charges?  I would have had the police meet me at the hospital!

30 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Slightly off topic, but since Lori and the fangirls are so against public schools I know they would be all over this...

I have a slightly fundie fb friend who homeschooled, but finally sent her son to high school for the last couple of years.  She posted that last week someone beat the fool out of her son in the locker room (concussion, broken nose, rib etc.).  Then she says all the school did was suspend the attacker for 5 days and how upset she is (rightly so).  Everyone was commenting telling her to go to the police. Duh!  Are these people so sheltered that they don't  know to call the cops and press charges?  I would have had the police meet me at the hospital!

Broken nose? I'd be suing them for medical expenses and pain and suffering, AS WELL AS pressing charges for assault. The school acted badly, but you can't expect them to do the parents' job, either.

Speaking of boundaries, Lori sets TONS of boundaries. All of them protect Lori, or give Lori something she wants.

Boundaries on her infants ("I need my sleep, you better cry it out, kid")

More boundaries on her infants ("I'll flick you if you bite my nipple")

Endless boundaries on her small children (enforced by a leather strap)

Boundaries on what Ken eats, from Day 1 of their marriage ("No string cheez")

Boundaries with her teen girls ("I will shame and embarrass if you gain weight")

38 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Then she says all the school did was suspend the attacker for 5 days and how upset she is (rightly so).  Everyone was commenting telling her to go to the police. Duh!  Are these people so sheltered that they don't  know to call the cops and press charges?  I would have had the police meet me at the hospital!

Oh honey, I'd have the cops, an attorney, the news media all involved in a matter of seconds. Either that or I'd find the kid and beat the fuck out of him. But...ya know, I don't believe in letting things go much. Fuck with me, fuck with my kids and all hell WILL break lose. 

He created us with different hormones to bear and raise children. Yes, we are more emotional and sensitive than men because of this and it’s a good thing!

Wait, I though being "more emotional and sensitive than men" was a very BAD thing in Lori's writings.  I thought more emotional = sinful.  More sensitive = you need to grow some thick skin and stop being so easily offended.

More double-mindedness.

Let's suppose for a moment that she does really believe that it is a good thing for women to be "more emotional and sensitive than men."  IF it is a good thing, then certainly the husband will AGREE that it is a good thing, and not insist upon harsh discipline of their children (like beating them with plumbing line or whacking on one year olds, or blanket training, or hurting a nursling for nipping a nipple).

No, I don't hear that at all. She doesn't really BELIEVE it is a good thing.  She only says it is a good thing here, because here the point is to say that sweet, soft, sensitive wittle wimminz belong at home, God said!  Big, wuff men bewong at work and war, God said!

Either it is good or it is bad, ALL THE TIME.  If it is good that she is more sensitive and emotional, then it is GOOD that she brings balance to the household discipline and raising of well-balanced and emotionally healthy children.  If it is good, it is good that she would interrupt harsh discipline of the children by the father.  If men are made for work and war, what in the heck is she doing teaching that some testosterone-fueled warrior should make unilateral decisions disciplining their children?  There is no logic in any of this.

That shit is so funny. I'm the logical, unemotional one. Hubs is the more emotional one. My kids called me "The Vulcan" because I'm not terribly emotional over anything. I prefer solving problems than hear about them. Come to me with a problem, I'll start throwing solutions at you and see which one sticks. 

But then again, we all know I'm one weird bitch. 

What Lori says:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/is-setting-boundaries-on-others-biblical.html
door.PNG.cadb6ef5bd4891940fa4fab7fa58f412.PNG

What Lori does:

I just had to hang up on someone very close to me a few hours ago (no, not my husband!) and I can't remember the last time I have done that!  I did it in a polite way but told them I would no longer listen to them.  They continued to go on and on (in a bully-like fashion) so I hung up on them.  I don't get angry or mean but sometimes, we must set some limits to what people can do and say to us but always in a kind way.

I am sorry you missed the OPPORTUNITY to be a doormat for Jesus, Lori.  You must be such an unhappy person to be setting boundaries for someone so close to you, instead of doing what you advise others to do.  I guess you just don't love Jesus and His perfect ways.

Try not to let all the psycho babble lead you astray.  

Side note- Speaking of words that aren't in the Bible, what about "Facebook", "Instagram", and "blog", amiright?

So the past few posts haven't gotten a ton of attention. Any guess as to what she might recycle next? 

Also what's everyone's dinner plans? I need some inspo, I'm in a food rut.

10 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

So the past few posts haven't gotten a ton of attention. Any guess as to what she might recycle next? 

Also what's everyone's dinner plans? I need some inspo, I'm in a good rut.

Dinner? Who the hell knows. Maybe ravioli, maybe lasagna (frozen shit), maybe chicken strips. Depends on how late I work. 

One of Lori alexander's most idiotic repeated comments is how this word or that isn't in the bible. I've got news for you Lori, NONE of our English words are in the bible! She does know that the bible is a translation, doesn't she? Dumb ass.

10 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Dinner? Who the hell knows. Maybe ravioli, maybe lasagna (frozen shit), maybe chicken strips. Depends on how late I work. 

TBH chicken strips or ravioli sounds nice and easy. I've also been debating some tortellini Alfredo 

16 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Also what's everyone's dinner plans? I need some inspo, I'm in a good rut.

I will make my chicken gratin on wednesday. You take a chicken breast, cut it into half an inch tick slices, fry them in the pan until they are goldbrown. Mince an onion and some garlic, fry it and than put a can of tomatoes in the pan. Session it with salt, pepper and herbs. Put the chicken in a casserole, put the tomatoes over it and put sliced mozzarella cheese over it and then it goes into the stove until the cheese is like you want him. As side dishes you can serve pasta or rice and a salat or roasted veggies. Tomorrow I make a fast chicken soup. I just boil 2 chicken breasts (got them on sale on saturday, so chicken will it be this week), cut them up and put a bag of frozen mixed veggies and 2 cups of rice into it and some instand chicken broth.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived