IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

7 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Also there was this almost boob grab where half the people watching are cringing along with me 

I am that boy on the right in the tan vest watching this episode

Hide contents

5be65d82b05b5e8b4139a02905256fd0.thumb.jpg.09ff2ee0406495abd546602115f00016.jpg

At first glance I thought Josiah had his hand on Lauren's boob. Looking again, his hand appears to be hovering over her chest as if he's not sure where to put it.

No recap yet? I'm considering watching the YouTube video but am lacking willpower. Ironically enough, I'd rather watch the Handmaid's Tale (I'm six episodes in and hooked).

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the episode.

Apparently JimBob 'loves the D so much'... ?!

Then there's Lauren "Oh look at the D, that's nice!"

Hats off to all you recappers. Such sacrifice and discipline! You are doing Rufus's work.

Does anybody else think that floral backdrop looks a bit like Mother Nature's leafy labia?

I have a question. I read in a recap that Josiah and Lauren had a "first look" where they saw each other before the actual wedding. I haven't heard about that before, I thought that the first look would be when the bride walked down the aisle. Is the "first look" an American thing? A fundie thing? Duggar thing? Or just something that happens occasionally instead of the first look being when the bride walks down the aisle?

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Does anybody else think that floral backdrop looks a bit like Mother Nature's leafy labia?

I’m glad it wasn’t  just me 

39 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I have a question. I read in a recap that Josiah and Lauren had a "first look" where they saw each other before the actual wedding. I haven't heard about that before, I thought that the first look would be when the bride walked down the aisle. Is the "first look" an American thing? A fundie thing? Duggar thing? Or just something that happens occasionally instead of the first look being when the bride walks down the aisle?

A recent trend promoted by wedding planners and photographers thing. The idea is that it’s more private and the groom can get all gushy and the photographer can get a good shot of his face. Derick and Jill did one. Some couples don’t do them because they want to follow the tradition that the groom first sees the bride on the day of the wedding (or at least in her dress) at the altar.

45 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I think several Fundies do Away with the Not See the Bride thing. They sometimes get pictures together before the wedding and often have prayer time. 

24 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

A recent trend promoted by wedding planners and photographers thing. The idea is that it’s more private and the groom can get all gushy and the photographer can get a good shot of his face. Derick and Jill did one. Some couples don’t do them because they want to follow the tradition that the groom first sees the bride on the day of the wedding (or at least in her dress) at the altar.

I think Kendra and Joe did one too.

I just saw the episode and i must say it was much more interesting than other wedding episodes.

Probably becouse it wasnt only about the wedding and boring preparations before the wedding. 

Tea party at the Swanson's house hosted by Lily was something new and interesting. Duggars was so confused, it was so out they league ?. I think by what we have seen so far about Swanson family, Lauren grown up little bit diffrently than average Duggar has. And they definitely have some good bussines going, i mean, that house ?

But definitely highlight of the episode was John introducing Abbie. ? They just seem so natural and very happy with each other. And Abbie seems confident. I liked very much she introduced herself as a nurse and not someone who waited god and miracle to happen. I hope she'll continue to work after getting married. 

Here in the Netherlands it is most common that the groom picks up the bride at her home (or her parents home) where he sees her for the first time. Only the closest friends and family are there (the ones that help prepare etc.).

Although it is great that everyone can see how the groom reacts when she walks down the aisle, it is also nice that this way they can immediately talk to each other about how they look etc.

I haven't watched a Duggar show in a long time.

It was nice to have Josie just a member of the crowd and not a feature.

Jeremiah is CUTE!

I didn't recognize Jason and James. Those cute little round faces are gone!

JB cried even at his son's wedding. Refreshing. Mechelle, of course, dabbed at dry eyes for the most part.

DIdn't see Josh, Anna, or three of their kids... or Jill, Dwreck, Izzy, or Sam.

Ben looks steady and mature. 

Austin sure has a lot to say for an inlaw.

And blessed be, John David and Abbie look genuinely in love and happy!

18 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Austin sure has a lot to say for an inlaw.

I’m curious about what you mean with this comment?

I mean, I definitely think he can be a pain in the ass in a lot of situations, but what does that have to do with him being an Inlaw?

What I really liked about last nights episode was John-David really talking & being excited about his relationship. The last time I heard him talk so much was after the Josh scandal. 

13 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

not actually gross, but people who are overly sensitive about germs make me laugh.

Some people have depressed immune systems, and it is no laughing matter.

Watching the episode. During the interview times, could they maybe change their outfits every season or so? I swear Joy's been wearing the same gray scarf for the past three years. And yes, that is totally BEC. Jeremy is an attention whore at the childbirth prep class, as usual. There's a whole lot of teen/young adult duggar boys that I had no idea existed, and they are decorating the car.  Jana remarks that it's weddings and babies and more weddings and babies. We feel you, Jana. The wedding theme, something about princess memories, and a horse? Ok the messages on the paper, I can't help it I think it's cute. He practiced kissing on his hand. I just can't. The focus and discussion and perseverating on kissing is so awkward. I ff though the wedding. Looks like they have food at the reception! Nice change. Ok I love that John David introduced Abbie as his girlfriend. Sounds like he didn't do the ridiculous ask permission for courtship nonsense. They seem completely sincere and totally into each other.  

The thing that just confused me so much was the ending. Jessa startes with saying “in the next year we have so much to look forward to, JinJer’s baby and bla bla bla” followed by Jana saying “a wedding or two”, what do you mean a wedding or two? To make matters worse they zoom in on Jana and Laura. With Laura just denying on twitter they’re a couple. Confusing as hell. 

In the post kiss TH, Josiah says the kiss is 'better than his hand'. I bet that's not the only time he said that on his wedding day.

I'll show myself out.

The editors of this show are getting really good with sneaky innuendo. Also, Jobbie are adorable! I like that she seems confident, has a career, and doesn't constantly gush about Jesus in a baby voice. I also like that JD flat out introduced her to the family as his girlfriend. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these two.

Is the season over?

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Some people have depressed immune systems, and it is no laughing matter.

In which case they're appropriately sensitive, not overly sensitive!

OCD is another condition that can make someone overly sensitive about germs, and it is miserable to live with.

35 minutes ago, brookeb82 said:

Was there not a "coming next season" montage tacked at the end?

No, just family members discussing what the next year will bring.

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m curious about what you mean with this comment?

I mean, I definitely think he can be a pain in the ass in a lot of situations, but what does that have to do with him being an Inlaw?

Only that the spouses (saving Jeremy of course) generally sit and stare lovingly at their Duggarling as they speak. 

As a wedding guest, I LOVE when they do a 'first look', because that usually means they do photos before the wedding. I really hate attending a wedding at 2 pm, having it finish before 3, and then have to kill time for 2-3 hours before the reception starts. I know this probably sounds catty, whoops. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Is the season over?

I'm pretty sure it is. The TLC website has the timeslot CO has been in filled with new episodes of Long Island Medium as of next week, so I'd say this was it for this season.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived