IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, FrozenSmile said:

Yes

Were the Duggars aware they invited someone who was going to immediately come to a forum that snarks on them to discuss the wedding? 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Were the Duggars aware they invited someone who was going to immediately come to a forum that snarks on them to discuss the wedding? 

I think she has been posting for a few months here on FJ. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

She’s been extremely respectful of their privacy. I also believe she’s a friend of the bride not the Duggars. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

She isn't saying anything, other than it was  a lovely wedding, no photos no info.  Give her a break.she didn't go all JRod here. 

1 minute ago, grandmadugger said:

She’s been extremely respectful of their privacy. I also believe she’s a friend of the bride not the Duggars. 

I believe she implied before that she's a distant family member of the Duggars.

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Nothing was disclosed that was not known because of pickles and the tone of the comments were kind not snarky.

She looks really cute, put together and natural, love it... and JD looks super happy, the happiest I've ever seen of a Duggar.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She isn't saying anything, other than it was  a lovely wedding, no photos no info.  Give her a break.she didn't go all JRod here. 

Thank you. I know i have a very fine line to walk, which is why i don’t post a lot. I’m not out here giving all the details because i respect their privacy. Do i want to? Of course! But i enjoy being given the courtesy of getting invited & will continue to be guarded when i post here. 

26 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

They look really happy. Such a pretty dress from what I can see of it. Full article states something will be on TLCGo November 20th, full wedding special November 27th, and season 9 of Counting On will be in 2019.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/john-david-duggar-marries-abbie-grace-burnett-photo/

“We are so excited to be married!” the couple told Us exclusively. “It was a beautiful moment and we so appreciate our friends and family for sharing this day with us. Most of all we are thankful to Christ for bringing us together.  This is going to be an amazing journey!”

That's such a generic exclusive quote. :pb_lol: It's not like there is much more to say, though.

They look happy, not strained or tired like some of the other couples have (understandably) looked in the magazine photo. The dress looks beautiful and I love Abbie's hair.

Jeremy posted pictures with Spurgeon and Gideon. He’s wearing a bow tie. I wonder if it was a thing and various/all the guys are wearing them or if Jeremy decided to just wear one

Beautiful dress. They both look very happy, and hopefully that will help override the fact that they've known each other less than a year and rushed into this marriage probably faster than any other Duggar so far. I'm still looking forward to seeing the bridesmaids' dresses and finding out who was in the wedding party. Also curious to know where they'll be taking their honeymoon and where they'll be living as a married couple. 

30 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Why do so many of the Duggars choose the first week of November to get married?

I know nothing about Arkansas or Oklahoma but for some reason the first weekend of November here where I’m at is oddly perfect weather almost every year. There are still fall colors and for some reason it just seems to be a clear week?! We were actually just discussing this at a family party tonight - that they planned the first weekend of November hoping it would be another beautiful day and it was!

34 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Why do so many of the Duggars choose the first week of November to get married?

It just hit me. If they actually do the Daylight Saving Time thing in Arkansas and Oklahoma, because they get an extra hour of.........

29 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

But i enjoy being given the courtesy of getting invited & will continue to be guarded when i post here. 

Whatever you are comfortable with.It sounds like from this that if they knew you posted here about the wedding  you would get put off any future guest list.  Which implies that knowing you came here to discuss, no matter how nice you were about it is something that would deeply bother the people whose wedding you literally just left.

They will find out about this, and I'm just imagining how they will feel reading this. What would you say to them if they find out it is you asked you why you did this? 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Her dress reminds me of jessas but I like jessas more

Poor John David, permanently red and sweaty. 

Of course he is - all hot and bothered!  

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Whatever you are comfortable with.It sounds like from this that if they knew you posted here about the wedding  you would get put off any future guest list.  Which implies that knowing you came here to discuss, no matter how nice you were about it is something that would deeply bother the people whose wedding you literally just left.

They will find out about this, and I'm just imagining how they will feel reading this. What would you say to them if they find out it is you asked you why you did this? 

Is the air really thin up that high on your horse, or are you always this rude? What she's posted is no different than what Jeremy posted or other guests that posted photos of themselves at the wedding.  Get over yourself 

Yeah, no. I'm kind of with @formergothardite on this one. I think it crosses a line to attend a Duggar wedding and immediately report back to FJ about it, even if the details aren't particularly personal or salacious. I feel weird reading it. I'm not saying @FrozenSmile is an evil person or committing some kind of grievous sin here. I just find it really odd that this person who is obviously a friend or a family member is okay with going to their weddings and then sharing details about them on a snark board dedicated to criticizing and mocking them, knowing full well that they would not be happy about it and would stop inviting her to their events if they knew she was doing it. 

I get that people want the inside scoop, but certain lines just shouldn't be crossed. Is it the end of the world? No. It's just a tad messed up and not in very good taste, I guess is what I'm saying.

Yeah,  I am not for invited guest snarking here or on Pickles while the wedding is in progress,  confirming the location of the reception. This are some legitimate safety concerns.  We don't need to see or know every detail this second or even today. 

If you aren't there to support the couple,  you should simply politely decline and send them your regards.  Who goes to a wedding just to leak information?  There are so much more worthwhile ways to spend a Saturday.

Rude??! @allthegoodnamesrgone You are the one using the finger reaction. There is nothing that drives me battier then people using expletive reactions and condescending tone asking others how on earth they can be so rude. 

I think @formergothardite asked a legitimate question, would she still be invited if the Duggars knew she was a member here.   Let's be honest,  no she would not. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived