IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

I know this is a bit dead-parrot-ish of me, but I like that if a Duggar-adjacent friend wants to participate in this world, they're doing it on FJ rather than on Pickles and doing so as respectfully as @FrozenSmile did. Any ethics surrounding whether it's right or wrong for her to post at all (as long as she's following the rules) is pretty much up to her, not us. Just my opinion.

ANYWAY... I really like what were seeing of the wedding so far. It looks like it's one of the better ones. A breakfast buffet sounds SO GOOD right now (yes it's 10:20 PM where I am). That pic of Abbie and John is great.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nst said:

can i bring kale salad :D

Only if you make enough for me!

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What she's posted is no different than what Jeremy posted or other guests that posted photos of themselves at the wedding.

Actually it is different because this particular poster is having to hide who she is lest she get banned from future events while the other guests do not. It doesn't really matter if she only said nice things because she is admitting she is doing something she knows the people whose wedding she just attended would be upset about. She can do whatever she feels comfortable doing but it does make me uncomfortable and this is hardly the first time I've asked questions like this to a fundie friend who pops up to discuss. They obviously consider her a friend and I don't think it is uncalled for to ask what their response would be to finding out she is the one posting here. They will know they had someone they consider a friend running to here discuss it right after the wedding and they very well might figure out who that person is. 

As for the wedding. I like that they didn't ruin the front of the dress by tacking on some out of place modesty panel. I like the idea of a breakfast buffet! 

I hope the majority of Abbie’s bridesmaids are her friends and family. It seemed odd that Anna Kendra and Lauren would include so many people they didn’t really know. Kind of like their husbands, come to think of it... 

Hopefully Jana. Actually if I were a Jessa or Jinger, I’d prefer to watch from the congregation and choose my own dress.

JD’s ushers? Joseph, Josiah, Zach, a Burnett brother, some other good ol’ boys...

So now I'm wondering which Bates went to JD's wedding. I'm guessing a divide and conquer strategy, but Kelly and Gil went to the Duggar one.

Breakfast buffet is new to me. Is that a trend (it should be). Totally on board with that but I'd really want some of their peach ice cream too.

Would love to know the wedding party and as others said, I'm wondering if there were any other announcements...

I'm actually not surprised so many of these fundie wedding parties include the sibs-in-law .... they do all activities family-style and that is a very obvious main emphasis even in romantic relationships, so it's not like they're strangers. and these women all bond over wifey and mommy things, anyways.....their scope of interests is so limited there's bound to be things in common, lol. I think I made wedding party guesses earlier somewhere..... but I'm gonna speculate 8-per-side. I'm going to guess Abbie had her older sister Hannah as MOH, plus Charity, Maggie, Carinna, her SILs Sarah and Kasey, plus Jana and another friend. And for JD - Josh (yeah I know), Joe, Austin, Zach Bates, plus John-Clay, Caleb, and Ben Burnett, and then another friend.

I LOVE HER DRESS. Definitely similar to Jessa's, only white and with lace on the bodice instead of sparkles.

Looking forwards to seeing more photos :)

I really want brunch right now! Breakfast, kale salad and peach icecream specifically.  And the mimosas, of course!  Yummy!!!!

John's face has completely changed! No longer the Duggar standard "Am I saying the right thing?" expression.

John looks Happy. 

Good for him!

5 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Breakfast buffet is new to me. Is that a trend (it should be).

IMO this sounds like one of the best fundie wedding receptions yet! Who doesn't love breakfast?! 

18 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Any ethics surrounding whether it's right or wrong for her to post at all (as long as she's following the rules) is pretty much up to her, not us.

Sure, as she's not breaking a rule she can post what she likes.  But FJ has never been a place where anyone should expect to post without being questioned about it.  I'm not saying that was her expectation - just saying whenever you post publicly people will have opinions and comments about it.

27 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

You were actually right! Carlin and Alyssa were on their way to Campbell's wedding, alyssa just posted a pic of campbell. (don't know about trace, josie or katie tho)

Ahh, that makes more sense than those two going to JD's wedding.

Was Campbell Roberts being linked to a Bates boy at one point, or at least speculation about it? Was she on a ski trip with them a while back? I've not checked in with the Bates in forever long now but I am sure I recognise Campbell's name from somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong. It will be interesting to see how the Bates split themselves between the two weddings.

1 minute ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Was Campbell Roberts being linked to a Bates boy at one point, or at least speculation about it? Was she on a ski trip with them a while back? I've not checked in with the Bates in forever long now but I am sure I recognise Campbell's name from somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong. It will be interesting to see how the Bates split themselves between the two weddings.

She was linked to Trace for like two seconds. Not sure if they were pre-courting or what happened there, but whatever it was (if anything) fizzled pretty fast. I think she went on to date another guy, then started dating this guy, had one of these whirlwind courtships and married fast. I don't really follow the Robertses or Mortons, though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm glad @FrozenSmile is here tbh. I see nothing wrong with dropping us a tip :)

that Campbell wedding reception looks beautiful from those photos. I love lights like that.

when I first started watching 19KAC I mentally referred to JD as "basement dweller" before I remembered his name. So seeing him all sweaty on his wedding day is about right lol

Just now, Firebird said:

So when did JRod get blacklisted from Duggar weddings?

Well, last one she attended was Jinger's. She posted a proof of pic for Joy's but it seemed to be....idk a sort of invite? She covered most of the part that said space was limited and she didn't go, went to a tent revival instead. So, sketchy because you know she ain't missing that!  No way she'd just sit at home for this one either. #banned  Haven't seen her at a Bates wedding either.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm glad @FrozenSmile is here tbh. I see nothing wrong with dropping us a tip :)

that Campbell wedding reception looks beautiful from those photos. I love lights like that.

who doesn't love tips. What was Ben wearing ? :D

In regards to @FrozenSmile, I appreciate that she has been relatively vague about specific details and that she hasn’t run here to trash talk. That said... if she knows that her speaking here would genuinely bother the people she says she cares about, then maybe it’s best if she opts not to share in the future - at least immediately following a major event. It would both help maintain the privacy of the people she cares for, while also helping to keep her from potentially getting into trouble for sharing. 

Thats just my personal thoughts. @FrozenSmileis absolutely free to feel otherwise and continue sharing if she wants to. 

yes share away. Was Jessa wearing tights? What are tights? Was Ben wearing his hat? Did he flirt with Jessa. 

Please tell me ofjill wasn't there?  Details 

Did Ben flex his bicep? 

Just now, VelociRapture said:

In regards to @FrozenSmile, I appreciate that she has been relatively vague about specific details and that she hasn’t run here to trash talk. That said... if she knows that her speaking here would genuinely bother the people she says she cares about, then maybe it’s best if she opts not to share in the future - at least immediately following a major event. It would both help maintain the privacy of the people she cares for, while also helping to keep her from potentially getting into trouble for sharing. 

Thats just my personal thoughts. @FrozenSmileis absolutely free to feel otherwise and continue sharing if she wants to. 

My thoughts exactly, but much more eloquently expressed!

And now I'm just waiting for the awkward congrats videos from everyone. At least we might catch a glimpse of the bridesmaids' dresses (unless Abbie didn't have ANY Duggars as bridesmaids, which would be hilarious and pretty cool).

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived