IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is the air really thin up that high on your horse, or are you always this rude? What she's posted is no different than what Jeremy posted or other guests that posted photos of themselves at the wedding.  Get over yourself 

You may not agree with her, but I don't think her questioning this warrants hostility.

I thought the same things - if I invited a guest to a private wedding and they chose to post to a snark board where people routinely express very, very negative opinions about my family I'd be offended.  And if you have to be careful what you post lest you lose your insider status perhaps not posting to a snark board would be a wiser course of action.

I mean with friends like that and all.

I personally don't care as long as no rules are violated, and they haven't been.  But I'm shocked my the hostile reactions to someone asking a totally reasonable question about it.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand passive aggressiveness. It always flips my bitch switch, and I do think it is rude.   

@VelociRapture your post was really good about what we'd e talking about but you missed this by a mile.  :pb_lol:

I think that is my favorite of all the Duggar wedding dresses. She seems to have great taste.  I can't wait to see the bridesmaids' dresses. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can't stand passive aggressiveness. It always flips my bitch switch, and I do think it is rude.   

@VelociRapture your post was really good about what we'd e talking about but you missed this by a mile.  :pb_lol:

What was passive aggressive about what she said?  She asked a direct question.  That's the opposite of being passive aggressive.

I think the pearl-clutching is overdone.  The Duggars' continued financial stability depends on people being interested in what they're doing. That's why US Weekly and TLC cameras are there. It's why they still invite the obsessive J Rod to things.  They are not unaware that guests at their family functions have social media and will likely post stuff.  That's not an unreasonable expectation even if you aren't attending a reality TV personality's wedding.  If they want things to be private, they can not have media cameras there. 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

And behold, here it is! 

4A3C6DD1-049B-4451-A76F-35A87B2BE421.jpeg

Wow at the dress. Even more wow at how happy they look. 

I'm thrilled for John and Abbie. I'm no leg humpers, but I think John is a great, laid back kind of guy from what I've seen from the show.

Just now, Sky with diamonds said:

I think John is a great, laid back kind of guy from what I've seen from the show.

I got the feeling about him also.  He never really seemed to enjoy the spotlight. 

I'm just stoked JRod got blacklisted!  You know it eats at her. And it seems it was for leaking pics of the invite and talking about it.  Just sayin'. 

@VelociRapture's predictions are playing out on cue! 

Abby looks beautiful, love her dress!  It's so much easier to be happy for this couple as they are matured and accomplished in their own rights. 

I’m just glad they were able to have the reception in a hanger. That seems meaningful to them. Going away from Arkansas definitely benefited the wedding since they can’t have an. awkward TTH after party. 

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What was passive aggressive about what she said?  She asked a direct question.  That's the opposite of being passive aggressive.

The "what ever your comfortable with" screams passive aggressive to me. You agree with her I don't, I thought she was being rude.  The gal who posted about the wedding didn't post about the wedding other than to say she was there and it was beautiful, not sure how ANYONE could be upset with that, no matter where it was posted. I'm not seeing a problem, the shit pickles was posting about the airplane hanger was much more invasive , but the gal here literally only said "the wedding was pretty and it is still going on" and she's getting jumped. 

This is all I'm saying on this, any one can feel free to "jump" me, down vote me, snark at me, but I've said all I can say with out being being a raging bitch and calling names, and I don't want to do that.  

TL:DR I thought the guest who posted the wedding was nice was being unjustly called out, I thought someone else was being rude and passive aggressive, I stated, others disagreed.  I'm cool with them not agreeing with me so I'm moving on and waiting for more wedding photos. 

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Should we start arguing about wedding food? They served a breakfast buffet at the reception. http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/john-david-duggar-marries-abbie-burnett-see-the-first-photo/

Ohhh did they have biscuits and gravy? YUMM. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ohhh did they have biscuits and gravy? YUMM. 

Ooh, yeah, that's the only breakfast food I really like.

Omg John-David is married! Is it the Rapture yet?? #badjokesorry

Lovely dress. That’s about the shortest sleeve we’ve seen at a Duggar wedding! 

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Should we start arguing about wedding food? They served a breakfast buffet at the reception. http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/john-david-duggar-marries-abbie-burnett-see-the-first-photo/

I'm 100% on board with a breakfast buffet anywhere, anytime!  And, hey, actual food. Bravo!

Just now, Beermeet said:

I'm 100% on board with a breakfast buffet anywhere, anytime!  And, hey, actual food. Bravo!

Me too!  I love breakfast food and that's such a fun idea!

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The "what ever your comfortable with" screams passive aggressive to me. You agree with her I don't, I thought she was being rude.  The gal who posted about the wedding didn't post about the wedding other than to say she was there and it was beautiful, not sure how ANYONE could be upset with that, no matter where it was posted. I'm not seeing a problem, the shit pickles was posting about the airplane hanger was much more invasive , but the gal here literally only said "the wedding was pretty and it is still going on" and she's getting jumped. 

Honestly, you've been way ruder and taken this whole thing way more seriously than those of us who 'jumped' her. Nobody's hurling insults at her, calling her a horrible person, or trying to run her out of town. She's not (afaik) breaking any rules. A couple of people questioned her motivations or expressed some mild discomfort with her dishing on the wedding as an invited guest. That's all. 

To get back on subject, I like the idea of a breakfast buffet! I wonder who came up with it (I'm guessing Abbie). And I wonder if they served the Burnett family's peach ice cream. Hopefully not in the parking lot. ;) 

For everyone saying how wonderful it is that John and Abbie are older and more mature etc. etc. well, yeah, I kind of agree with you, but I feel like the fact that they met in MAY OF THIS YEAR, started courting immediately, and are now married - so from first meeting to marriage, less than six months - is being forgotten a bit here. I know it can work, but it's not super awesome combined with their other beliefs and courtship restrictions. Hopefully they do well anyway. They seem pretty compatible, but who knows?

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Me too!  I love breakfast food and that's such a fun idea!

Add mimosas?  I'd be the last guest leaving! ???

Just now, Beermeet said:

Add mimosas?  I'd be the last guest leaving! ???

If there is ever an FJ event you and I should definitely head the menu planning committee.

It’s wonderful to see them both so happy!  Love her dress and venue.  I don’t think @FrozenSmile did anything wrong.  She wanted to share with her friends at fj and she did it tastefully. 

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Her dress reminds me of jessas but I like jessas more

Poor John David, permanently red and sweaty. 

if it were pink totally and It is so like her's!

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

Seems I was mistaken about one person already. I predicted Carlin (along with Trace, Josie, and Katie) would attend Campbell Roberts and John Morton's wedding.

You were actually right! Carlin and Alyssa were on their way to Campbell's wedding, alyssa just posted a pic of campbell. (don't know about trace, josie or katie tho)

I know this is a bit dead-parrot-ish of me, but I like that if a Duggar-adjacent friend wants to participate in this world, they're doing it on FJ rather than on Pickles and doing so as respectfully as @FrozenSmile did. Any ethics surrounding whether it's right or wrong for her to post at all (as long as she's following the rules) is pretty much up to her, not us. Just my opinion.

ANYWAY... I really like what were seeing of the wedding so far. It looks like it's one of the better ones. A breakfast buffet sounds SO GOOD right now (yes it's 10:20 PM where I am). That pic of Abbie and John is great.

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If there is ever an FJ event you and I should definitely head the menu planning committee.

can i bring kale salad :D

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived