IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

with or without glass shards?

In Sierra's Instagram, she says that Mark gave her a spa day for mother's day. Unless they have parents making substantial financial contributions, they cannot afford a litter of kids, scooters, matching outfits, craft supplies & spa days.  

I had no idea they were renting.  If I were her, I'd be terrified to have another kid on the way and no prospect of home ownership. There is no freaking way these people have any savings. They are one Mark health problem away from financial disaster.

PS As for renting, I though occupancy limits generally only applied to unrelated adults.  I think in many/most parts of the US, you cannot evict families for having more children.

and she went to Panera too. it was in her IG stories that place can run pricey for what you get bet she paid over $12 just for herself. probably more actually

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

PS As for renting, I though occupancy limits generally only applied to unrelated adults.  I think in many/most parts of the US, you cannot evict families for having more children.

Discrimination based on family status is illegal and landlords need to be cautious and consider if their rules have disparate impact on protected classes, but it's not unlimited. The general rule with the federal guidelines is 2 people per bedroom, with small children, large square footage or such making more people per bedroom acceptable.

I think they're going to be okay in their current set up for a while given how young their kids are. Unless they're on septic or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Unless something changed, Sierra's kids watch TV. She mentioned turning on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood for them in a blog post a few years ago. I remember because my kids were obsessed with that show at the time too. 

• Upvote 4

If the Dillards are buying used and saving th difference, why would they need Dave Ramsey or any other debt guru? Same goes for JB.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If the Dillards are buying used and saving th difference, why would they need Dave Ramsey or any other debt guru? Same goes for JB.

I think it has to do with not going into debt, you have this money and only this money to spend on something, so don't go over it. it. so you allocate 50 for a new vacuum but you find one but the only one you can find is 60 well you're SOL because you can't go into debt even ten dollars. 

in that video where JB and Michelle give a talk with David and CIl they talk about a time after josh was born they were running the car lot and their vacuum broke they had decided not to go into debt at all. so Michelle was sweeping the white carpet, a vacuum sales man came to the door and had a nice vacuum and they really wanted it but it was 1200 so they said no then don't you know it god had a friend call them asking if they needed a vacuum because it just happens that friend had bought the exact vacuum at an estate sale.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it has to do with not going into debt, you have this money and only this money to spend on something, so don't go over it. it. so you allocate 50 for a new vacuum but you find one but the only one you can find is 60 well you're SOL because you can't go into debt even ten dollars. 

in that video where JB and Michelle give a talk with David and CIl they talk about a time after josh was born they were running the car lot and their vacuum broke they had decided not to go into debt at all. so Michelle was sweeping the white carpet, a vacuum sales man came to the door and had a nice vacuum and they really wanted it but it was 1200 so they said no then don't you know it god had a friend call them asking if they needed a vacuum because it just happens that friend had bought the exact vacuum at an estate sale.  

I have a kid a year older than Josh, and both my hubs and I were working professional jobs at the time Michelle references (1988), and even we would not have bought a $1200 vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesperson. That’s not a riveting or God inspired decision, but rather common freaking sense. LOL! Heck, my Dyson Animal @ $600 was a recent splurge!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

A big part of the Dave Ramsey plan is budgeting. We actually still use his budgeting app. You allocate every dollar each month. He talks about using envelopes and doing cash for all purchases, but many who do the plan don’t do cash only (we only do it for our fun money). Other things in the plan: saving an emergency fund, making sure your life insurance and other insurances are appropriate, and saving 15% for retirement. 

Dave Ramsey really lays into people who make stupid purchases, especially vehicles. He’s very against loaning to or borrowing money from family.

I’m sure Sierra does stretch their money in a lot of ways, but I genuinely don’t know how you afford that many mouths and diapers and doctors appointments on one, presumably commission based job. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ticklish said:

Unless something changed, Sierra's kids watch TV. She mentioned turning on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood for them in a blog post a few years ago. I remember because my kids were obsessed with that show at the time too. 

Isn't that on PBS?  I wonder if she lets them watch Arthur, too.  If so, I wonder if they caught Monday's episode:

Mr. Nigel Ratburn, the teacher of Arthur and his friends, announces he's getting married.  The kids think he's marrying bossy Patty, a woman they've seen him with.  They worry that Mr. Ratburn will be miserable with Patty, and in turn he'll make them miserable.  They make some lame efforts to break up the relationship, but they not only don't succeed, there's no indication that anyone even realizes the attempted sabotage.  

At the wedding they find that Patty is Mr. Ratburn's sister, and much nicer than they thought.  Who is he marrying, then?  Cut to Mr. Ratburn and Patrick, the man who owns the local chocolate shop, walking down the aisle together.  The only thing the kids think is that the chocolate loving Mr. Ratburn will be very happy with the kind chocolatier, and that he should never dance in public again.  Fade out on Nigel and Patrick happily dancing side by side as they attempt to disco in sync.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 12

@Flossie yes it is on PBS! It's a great show! 

My kids have been really into Arthur lately, and we caught that episode Monday. I was so happy, I texted my husband to tell him about it! He responded "this is why we donate to PBS!"

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

I'm a little concerned about the hellscape Arthur is caught in since he's been in the same damn class for the past quarter century. Free Arthur from his eternal torment!!! 

• Haha 30

• 2 weeks later...

Sierra posted this. I feel like we don’t normally see Jill with this group. This is also the first time we have seen Jill and Jessa together in a while, right? 

• Upvote 14

Why didn’t Jill go to the wedding? I know obviously why Jessa didn’t but Jill could have. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Why didn’t Jill go to the wedding? I know obviously why Jessa didn’t but Jill could have. 

Maybe a bit broke after buying a house? 

That would most people’s reason. Duggars are another thing though. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Maybe they weren’t invited? Carlin’s wedding was held at a venue that “only” allowed around 500 guests, so their guest list was likely limited by that. Or maybe the Dills are saving money after buying the house. Or they might not have had reliable childcare if the boys weren’t invited. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think it's normal that Jill didn't go. I actually think it's weird that Josh and Anna did. He is so much older than Carlin so it's not like they had a childhood friendship. I wouldn't travel out of state for the wedding of someone who wasn't super close to me, imo. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10

3 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I think it's normal that Jill didn't go. I actually think it's weird that Josh and Anna did. 

How else are you going to scavenge for attention when your child molester husband gets in the way of your fundy famewhoring?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How else are you going to scavenge for attention when your child molester husband gets in the way of your fundy famewhoring?

I mean I'd prefer not to have the attention. And I know I would divorce my husband if he was a child molester and we don't even have children.

ETA: and he knows it. We discussed pre-marriage actually.

Edited by Kelsey
add more thoughts
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I mean I'd prefer not to have the attention. And I know I would divorce my husband if he was a child molester and we don't even have children.

ETA: and he knows it. We discussed pre-marriage actually.

If Anna had your approach to life she and her children would be far better off.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I’m thinking not all of the married Duggkids were invited, which makes sense.  Did Boobchelle go?  If they did, maybe maybe the Smuggars went too because Boob doesn’t want to leave him without adult supervision.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Yes Jim Bob and Mechelle was there, it could be that they want to have Josh on short leash, but don't know 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

My sympathy for every Chik-fil-A employee who had to "JOYFULLY" refill the cups for that howling quiver of kids, with no prospect of a tip.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Sierra continues to inch closer to laundry room breakdown, and baby #7 isn't even here yet:

"Motherhood is sending your husband THIS text, once you’ve got everyone home, and in bed: “I’m sending you these pictures, as I cry in our bed. It was hard. Everyone is in bed. It’s moments like this where I pray I was enough. Enough grace, enough love, enough mercy, and enough discipline. And even on the hard days, it’s still important to stop and take a picture, or two. I’m grateful for this life you’ve afforded us. I know it’s all by God’s provision, but you’ve championed me to be the best stay at home Momma I can be. I don’t take that for granted. I love you. Have a blessed day at work, I am praying for your sales"

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

They took a road trip with the entire brood to KC visiting lego whatever and the crayola cafe before overnighting at great wolf lodge.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, clueliss said:

They took a road trip with the entire brood to KC visiting lego whatever and the crayola cafe before overnighting at great wolf lodge.  

I continue to be baffled by how they can afford all these trips and outings on his furniture salesman income. Overnighting at Great Wolf may have cost them $800.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic