IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

I think there is a huge difference between calling a family member your date, or mentioning you have a lunch/dinner/coffee date with them vs. saying you are 'dating' them.  

For instance, my co-worker jokingly calls his outings with his young adult son 'man dates'.  We all thought this was funny and not strange or weird.  Now, there would have been some serious side eye given had he phrased it "I'm dating my son".

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

8 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

For instance, my co-worker jokingly calls his outings with his young adult son 'man dates'.  We all thought this was funny and not strange or weird.  

I think it funny also, definitely not strange to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

So the kid had to pay for this "date"? #parentingfail

That's what I thought at first too, but I'm pretty sure it's just a little awkwardly phrased. Sounds more like Sierra paid for the smoothie and mani/pedi and Elly used her birthday money to buy toys and candy for herself and her siblings, which I think is a perfectly appropriate use of gifted money for a five year-old.

On the "dating" thing, I agree it's weird. I use the word "date" to describe hanging out one-on-one with friends/co-workers/family too, but more in the "I have a coffee date with Jane on Friday" sense. I would never say "I'm dating Jane." Completely different meaning. But we know fundies like to take normal things to abnormal lengths. See the Bontrager family for a prime example of taking the "dating your siblings" thing too far. Leads to unhealthy emotional attachments.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

But we know fundies like to take normal things to abnormal lengths. See the Bontrager family for a prime example of taking the "dating your siblings" thing too far. Leads to unhealthy emotional attachments.

That's what I don't get.  Dating = sex/physical relationship/heart pieces/used bicycle to fundies, so why would you say you're 'dating' a family member?? ?

• I Agree 10

I wonder if part of it is the way they aggressively de-sexualize things (while also managing to sexualize everything. If I'm ever in the market again, I'm looking in ex-fundie groups. I bet the kink to vanilla ratio is off the charts).

You GODLESS FORNICATORS might use "dating" as a code word for SEXUAL SIN and UNRIGHTEOUS GATHERING but we, we sweet innocent Christ like mommies use it to mean wholesome, bonding time with our family. We all compete to see who has the MOST humble servant heart! It's good. Don't look behind the curtain. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 9/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, lizzybee said:

It’s like she thinks she’s some sort of sage master-mother that must educate the rest of us on how to appropriately enjoy our children. ?

Exactly this. But it absolutely does not come across in this way. She just seems permanently desperate and overwhelmed. 

I'm sure her followers think it's precious and sweet that her daughter spent her birthday money on her siblings but it kind of makes me sad. Shows that she's been successfully brainwashed already and was not encouraged to think of/prioritise herself, even on her birthday. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, OyToTheVey said:

And please please please stop posting breakdowns of how hard everything is. Your kids will see it and end up blaming themselves. 

We've discussed this before but it bears repeating; the Internet is forever, Sierra. I just cannot imagine the future heartbreak, resentment and rage that her children could experience if they ever come across these endless depressing posts. 

And people like to share the best, glossed over moments on social media. Can you even imagine how bad things get in her home if these are the stories she chooses to share with the world? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I'd like Sierra to stop talking at me in all caps with excessive periods. In my opinion, she wants to go viral so badly. SO. BAD. LY.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I think her friend Kristen has successfully monetized her social media presence. Maybe Sierra wants to try to do a Relatable Yet Mildly Aspirational Brand™ to bring in some dough. It's not going to be more than some free dresses and stuff if she doesn't put a LOT more work in though. Hard to do when you're in the middle of a breakdown.

• Upvote 4

I am old, my oldest son is 36. We have a standing "date" for every new Stephen King movie that comes out. No one but us likes the movies, so we use the time to get together, have breakfast/lunch/whatever meal, then go to the movies. I call it my movie date with my son. But no, I am not dating my son. Make of it what you will. We love the time alone together. And wait, I usually end up holding (squeezing) his hand sometime during the movie. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic