IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

I did see in the comments yesterday that someone asked addiction and she answered "yep. alcoholism". I can't go back and look for it now, but I was very surprised how open she was with answering that.

Why do we assume it was him? Theres no reason it wasnt her addicted? Also I wonder how the duggars got aligned with them

Do fundies get money from this Rhea Lana’s place at all for posting about them on Instagram? Both Sierra and Kristen Young have been posting about them. Jessa has done so too in the past. Just seems strange for all of them to be so obsessed with this one thrift store. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 6:57 AM, TheMustardCardigan said:

Do fundies get money from this Rhea Lana’s place at all for posting about them on Instagram? Both Sierra and Kristen Young have been posting about them. Jessa has done so too in the past. Just seems strange for all of them to be so obsessed with this one thrift store. 

Speaking of Kristen Young, her Young-Christian-Mommy-Lifestyle-Blogger Instragram manages to be amusingly bland and full to the prim of cliches at all times.

And, for the love of Rufus, the hashtags!

https://www.instagram.com/kristennicoleyoung/?hl=en

#sabbath #sabbathrest #Sabbathday #happysunday#sundayrestday #sundayvibes #sunday#restisbest #rest #restinjesus #dailybible#lifestyleblogger #christianencouragement#maketime #toobusy #busylife#arkansasblogger #christianblogger#pausebutton

#backyarddiscovery #swingset#backyardswing #playset #kidplaying#grace #newmercies #momming#mommingainteasy #momlife#boymomlife #boymom #girlmomlife#girlmom #risenmotherhood#motherhoodunplugged #motherhood#playoutside #getoutside #springtimevibes

#nottodaysatan#getbehindmesatan #victoryinjesus#arkansas #arkansasblogger#christianblogger #ephesians6#armorofgod #ferventprayer #fervent#thismeanswar #spiritualbattle#dailystrength #jesus #jesusispower

All I can say is, #JesusLovesTheMallAndBlessYourHeartKristen

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

Kristen Young is so pretentious. She wants to be a regular motivational blogger SO BADLY. My recent favorite was a post about how you should wear what you want to and feel good about yourself... Then at the end she parenthetically threw in "within the bounds of modesty." Girl let your freak flag fly. Wear shorts

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Kristen Young is so pretentious. She wants to be a regular motivational blogger SO BADLY. 

I also like that she's emoting like she's in a community theatre production of Jesus Christ Superstar-- but in the plant section of a Walmart or a Home Depot.  If I were shopping while she was busy posing, I'd barge into the photo and say "young lady, please get out of the way of the tomato plants I'm trying to buy. I got shit to do."

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

1) Put on a piece of clothing you like.

2) Go shopping and buy a plant.

3) No one cares and I promise you that’s okay.

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I also like that she's emoting like she's in a community theatre production of Jesus Christ Superstar-- but in the plant section of a Walmart or a Home Depot.  If I were shopping while she was busy posing, I'd barge into the photo and say "young lady, please get out of the way of the tomato plants I'm trying to buy. I got shit to do."

you can totally be confident and naked!!! naked and afraid baby!!! lol

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I can't be too mad about the posing in public, cuz I am ALL ABOUT silly photography challenges. This one was fun (https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/people-are-flocking-to-michaels-to-take-pictures-of-fake-flowers) but I definitely want to have my picture taken in a greenhouse this year. I kill off all the plants I buy. Photos of me gardening are 100% me standing over pots of dirt or grinning next to sad patches in the yard with half dead veggies/weeds at my feet, but I'd like to lie through my teeth on social media and make people think I'm an earth goddess.

• Upvote 4

I googled the definition of "confine" and here are the two definitions that came up:

1. keep or restrict someone or something within certain limits of (space, scope, or time).

2. the borders or boundaries of a place, especially with regard to their restricting freedom of movement.

Kristen: your perception of "modesty" sounds really super duper appealing (/sarcasm)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

This popped up in my search feed on IG last night and it was impossible to look at this meme and not think of Kristen. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

Speaking of these ladies trying to achieve some level of Christian Mommy Insta-fame, I’ve noticed Sierra has been trying to coin these three phrases as her one catchphrase: “Choose joy. Speak life. Keep marching.” I feel like she couldn’t just pick one and is trying to make all three of them a thing and it’s just clunky. 

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

Rufus take the freaking wheel. Just what a family of 8 living on one income in Springdale, Arkansas needs--a scooter.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

I just hope she doesn’t fall off the scooter.  Inappropriate footwear, no protective clothing, and aren’t helmets compulsory in the US?  Or is this post just for the likes and she’s not actually going to ride it?  

(I worked with a woman who came off his motorbike and became a paraplegic, and have friends who work in a major trauma hospital.  They’ve told me stories...)

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Karma said:

I just hope she doesn’t fall off the scooter.  Inappropriate footwear, no protective clothing, and aren’t helmets compulsory in the US?  Or is this post just for the likes and she’s not actually going to ride it?  

She's just posing.  But truly, I am baffled by this several thousand dollar purchase. Is Mark going to ride this to work? Unlike European cities, US towns are not really scooter-friendly. Is Mark going to ride this at night? Are you going to ride this to run errands and leave your 6 elementary school aged children at home?

Are any of the kids close to being old enough to ride this? No. Might it be better to save up for possible future educational or health needs of your SIX children? Yes. 

I doubt that Sierra's various chocolate-dipped side hustles have raised enough to buy a scooter, and who knows how much $$ she's lost investing in Lipsense, Lululemon and who knows what other MLM schemes.

Maybe she's making money reselling the various clothing she's getting comped in exchange for promotion. But I doubt she's making thousands. Sierra and Mark strike me (without much evidence, just a vibe) as the type of couple who could be in serious credit card debt.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Karma said:

(I worked with a woman who came off his motorbike and became a paraplegic, and have friends who work in a major trauma hospital.  They’ve told me stories...)

In the US, helmet laws vary from state to state. In my state, helmets are required (on motorcycles and scooters) for anyone younger than 18 years. Legal adults can choose to be dumb and risk their lives. :( (I know people who call helmet-less riders "future organ donors" and riders without clothes that protect the rest of their body "future street pizza".)

I had a friend in high school who took a small spill from his motorcycle at a low speed. He was smart and was wearing a helmet and protective clothing. The only injury he had was scrapes on one hand, because he wasn't wearing gloves that day. 

As far as a family owning a scooter, I could see it being helpful if one adult (the husband in fundie families) wanted a more economical vehicle to commute to work. (Especially if it made parking easier.) If the other parent didn't need to drive the big "family" vehicle as many miles, they could save money on gas, even if the big car/SUV didn't get great gas mileage.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

As far as a family owning a scooter, I could see it being helpful if one adult (the husband in fundie families) wanted a more economical vehicle to commute to work. (Especially if it made parking easier.) If the other parent didn't need to drive the big "family" vehicle as many miles, they could save money on gas, even if the big car/SUV didn't get great gas mileage.

I totally agree with this. I will just be surprised if there is a scooter friendly route from their house to Mark's furniture store.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I too am baffled by the scooter. My first thoughts were why do they need it and how can they afford this? 

These two do not seem like they're smart with their money, and where is it all coming from? Seriously, how much is he making at Sam's Club and her mystery Sam's events "job"? 

I get the vibe from almost all of her posts that she is seriously struggling with homeschooling/being a sahm and is generally overwhelmed. Every post about how difficult and messy her life is seems like she's desperately trying to convince herself that she's doing the right thing and then she gets tons of positive feedback from leghumpers. I get that she needs to keep marching and choose joy but hopefully the Lord will lay it on hers and Marks' hearts to send their kids to school and discover the wonders of birth control. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus take the freaking wheel. Just what a family of 8 living on one income in Springdale, Arkansas needs--a scooter.

And cue Jill's next Citrus and Lemon post featuring Jill posing on Derek's old college bicycle wearing flip flops, no helmet, hair about to be caught in the spokes, sun in her eyes and probably something appealing like a dumpster in the background.  

Sorry Jill.  That was mean.  These fundie moms hocking clothes and trying to have winning media presences just seems so snarkable. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Are you going to ride this to run errands and leave your 6 elementary school aged children at home?

Might it be better to save up for possible future educational or health needs of your SIX children? Yes. 

1. Mom gets to go alone and leave sister moms in charge.

Educational or health needs? Surely you jest!

The only educational needs you have is the school the dining room table and you can get used materials for cheap especially if you borrow them from someone else. It might not be ethical, but when did fundies worry about ethics?

As for healthcare, if Jesus or Scamaritan don't provide, them Go Fund Me will.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6

On 4/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, HereticHick said:

Gross, just gross.  Taco lady is now my least favorite.  "Who cares what other people think and you confident as heck"  but don't forget you will be judged if you're immodest so don't be too confident.   WTF?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Karma said:

Helmet laws are state-dependent. I do like the story of a guy who was leading a protest against Connecticut's proposed helmet laws...and died at the protest of massive head trauma after he crashed his motorcycle. If that's not a shoe-in for a Darwin Award, I don't know what is. 

• Upvote 11

40 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Helmet laws are state-dependent. I do like the story of a guy who was leading a protest against Connecticut's proposed helmet laws...and died at the protest of massive head trauma after he crashed his motorcycle. If that's not a shoe-in for a Darwin Award, I don't know what is. 

I think this is what you’re talking about:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-rider-dies-protesting-motorcycle-helmet-law/story?id=13993417

Philip Contos, a 55 year old New Yorker, died after crashing his motorcycle during an anti-helmet rally in New York back in 2011. His bike fishtailed and he hit his head on the pavement when he went over the handlebars. State Troopers stated that the medical report indicated he almost certainly would have survived if he had been wearing a helmet. 

Connecticut is still trying to get a universal helmet law by the way:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Connecticut-Considers-Motorcyle-Helmet-Law-506344781.html%3famp=y

AAA did a poll that found 75% of drivers here favor a universal helmet law. I’m hoping it happens this time. Helmets won’t necessarily prevent accidents from occurring - all drivers being aware of their surroundings and following the rules of the road will - but it could help cut down on fatalities and serious injuries.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic