IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, socalgurl83 said:

#whatsonemore

That's almost as sad as Jill Rodrigues' "one less chicken leg". ☹️ A child should be wanted and appreciated as a tiny individual human being, not just a number.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I think #whatsonemore is part of Sierra's increasing desperate campaign to convince herself that she wants, and can handle, the quiverful lifestyle.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

In the US, helmet laws vary from state to state. In my state, helmets are required (on motorcycles and scooters) for anyone younger than 18 years. Legal adults can choose to be dumb and risk their lives. :( (I know people who call helmet-less riders "future organ donors" and riders without clothes that protect the rest of their body "future street pizza".)

I had a friend in high school who took a small spill from his motorcycle at a low speed. He was smart and was wearing a helmet and protective clothing. The only injury he had was scrapes on one hand, because he wasn't wearing gloves that day. 

As far as a family owning a scooter, I could see it being helpful if one adult (the husband in fundie families) wanted a more economical vehicle to commute to work. (Especially if it made parking easier.) If the other parent didn't need to drive the big "family" vehicle as many miles, they could save money on gas, even if the big car/SUV didn't get great gas mileage.

I remember one time, I had a freak accident with my bike (I was about 10 at the time). Thankfully I was wearing my helmet so definitely saved my head from any significant head trauma. I was able to walk away with scratches and scrapes; turned out the brakes in my bicycle had jammed which is why I wasn't able to stop...

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Abbie Halberstadt (M is for Mama) is ‘Braggie’.  She is another child collector (and raging narcissist).  She calls her oldest son #thirdparent.

Do you know how old her oldest son is. 

An attentive redditor pointed out that Sierra credits the nanny for the family photo she posted, and speculates that Sierra’s health struggles and family size have already become unmanageable on her own, so she’s getting help from friends. I suspect a Laura/Tabitha figure.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

An attentive redditor pointed out that Sierra credits the nanny for the family photo she posted, and speculates that Sierra’s health struggles and family size have already become unmanageable on her own, so she’s getting help from friends. I suspect a Laura/Tabitha figure.

Sorry, but no.

"Nanny" is what Sierra's kids call their maternal grandmother, per this March 13 post (and others) by Sierra. Yes, she does seem to get significant child rearing help from her mother and other family members.  However, Sierra's mother also has a full time job--and I believe she is only around 50-- so she's not going to be retiring and becoming fulltime grandma anytime soon.

image.thumb.png.5f9609a7935fab40111e31088ad08f74.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

I remember one time, I had a freak accident with my bike (I was about 10 at the time). Thankfully I was wearing my helmet so definitely saved my head from any significant head trauma. I was able to walk away with scratches and scrapes; turned out the brakes in my bicycle had jammed which is why I wasn't able to stop...

I had a similar accident, took a hill too fast with a turn at the bottom. My brakes were fine, but my helmet actually cracked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Nanny" is what Sierra's kids call their maternal grandmother, per this March 13 post (and others) by Sierra. Yes, she does seem to get significant child rearing help from her mother and other family members.  However, Sierra's mother also has a full time job--and believe she is only around 50-- so she's not going to be retiring and becoming fulltime grandma anytime soon.

Whups, thanks for the correct information! I hope that having support helped Sierra get to a good place health- and stress-wise before deciding #whatsonemore. Otherwise... yikes...

• Upvote 7

Sierra's mom still lives in Carthage MO. She and I actually have mutual connections on LinkedIn haha! Anyway, I don't know exactly where Sierra lives, but Tonitown is like an hour and a half from Carthage. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Sierra's mom still lives in Carthage MO. She and I actually have mutual connections on LinkedIn haha! Anyway, I don't know exactly where Sierra lives, but Tonitown is like an hour and a half from Carthage. 

Thanks--I had no idea her mom lived so far away. So yeah, between that and working fulltime, grandma "Nanny" can't help out much during the week.

Sierra lives somewhere near Springdale, since Mark works at Sam's discount furniture there: https://samsfurniture.net/ 

• Upvote 4

how the hell do they afford 7 kids? Never mind they don't care Jeususlovesthemall and I guess gives them discount food and clothes.  :pb_rollseyes:

Is she hoping to die in childbirth? Is that their ultimate goal, their only way out when life becomes to much for them with all the kids and no help? It's so sad, she's 29 and on baby #7 Jesus she could have 7/9 more kids before she hits menopause IF one of these pregnancies don't kill her.  The crazy ass fundy light people I knew all stopped having babies when mom was overwhelmed and I know of 2 who stopped when they were told by doctors, NO MORE or you could die, they figured out that was their sign from kid that they had all the kids he wanted from them. 

• Upvote 14

She could die in childbirth, Mark could die in a scooter accident on the roads of Springdale.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

She could die in childbirth, Mark could die in a scooter accident on the roads of Springdale.

True, but Sierra has shared she only has one kidney, and she was in and out of the hospital shortly after having Edyn for what eventually turned into a kidney infection.  So, the repeated stress of now 7 pregnancies is a real concern and not just hypothetical.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

The best helmet PSA Ive ever seen, and only 15 seconds long!

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I was a little surprised to find out. With how open she was about her health scares (for a fundie mom) and how clearly she hints at being a little beyond her limit (again, for a fundie), I kind of thought they'd either decide god had closed her womb via doctor's orders or take a break. Of course I forget that Mark is a GODLY man who apparently wanders around berating people for their tattoos and acting like a douche, so. Ugh. 

I think the scooter is to save her sanity because they share a car. If my recollection is correct that's a pretty smart move with regard to time management, mental health, work load and gas budget. Or maybe Mark is being a douche behind the scenes and bought it as a toy. 

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

True, but Sierra has shared she only has one kidney, and she was in and out of the hospital shortly after having Edyn for what eventually turned into a kidney infection.  So, the repeated stress of now 7 pregnancies is a real concern and not just hypothetical.  

Yes, I know, but the safety of scooters in America is not hypothetical either--esp. in non-urban America where drivers don't know how to deal with non-automobile vehicles.

"he NHTSA believes that those who ride motor bikes, mopeds or scooters are 35 times more at risk of fatal injury than those riding in typical passenger vehicles."

I agree that economically, it makes sense for Mark to commute via scooter (and I note that she did say they bought it used), but I do worry about safety.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I have a friend in college who had a fundish aunt who died while giving birth to her 6th Child after a previously disatoruous birth in which her doctor told her not to get pregnant again. But she did and now has 6 kids with no mother. The worst part? Her husband and his family kept talking about how she died "serving the lord" the aunt's side of the family were so outraged. These people have little regard for women's healthcare. Just as long as she can Birth for Jesus 

Edited by SillyDillys
Changed wording
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 14
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SillyDillys said:

I have a friend in college who had a fundish aunt who died while giving birth to her 6th Child after a previously disatoruous birth in which her doctor told her not to get pregnant again. But she did and now has 6 kids with no mother. The worst part? Her husband and his family kept talking about how she died "serving the lord" the aunt's side of the family were so outraged. These people have little regard for women's healthcare. Just as long as she can Birth for Jesus 

Wasn’t Sierra the one who described someone else’s pregnancy as “sacrificing your body so that your husband can have a legacy”? She might not be far off from this mindset.

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 16
  • I Agree 5

27 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Wasn’t Sierra the one who described someone else’s pregnancy as “sacrificing your body so that your husband can have a legacy”? She might not be far off from this mindset.

That’s a really sad mindset to have. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

The saddest thing is the kids suffer for their parents idiocracy beliefs. Quantity over quality

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

remember how she was so upset when Brooks turned out to be a boy because she wanted even numbers of boys/girls. I think her head just might explode if she has a 5th boy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2

I don’t remember her being super upset that Brooks was a boy. I remember her joking about how God must have a sense of humour because he knew she would have loved the symmetry of having three boys followed by three girls. She didn’t seem all that serious.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 4/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

how the hell do they afford 7 kids? Never mind they don't care Jeususlovesthemall and I guess gives them discount food and clothes.  :pb_rollseyes:

Is she hoping to die in childbirth? Is that their ultimate goal, their only way out when life becomes to much for them with all the kids and no help? It's so sad, she's 29 and on baby #7 Jesus she could have 7/9 more kids before she hits menopause IF one of these pregnancies don't kill her.  

you will love this. 

i am in peri-menopause (repeatedly I tell everyone) anyway i got my period this week after not getting it since November 

my mother said to me 

oh goody you still can have kids.  Some eggs are hanging on....

just the thought ....am i not to old 47

Sierra i feel ...hope she doesn't die although she is the one who put it out there that her kids are "soldiers" 

so her dying in childbirth I think is a way for "soldiers" to live through her...

• Upvote 6

People are going off in Sierra's comments and amazingly she's responding. Concerns about her health and finances included! 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190427_125817.thumb.jpg.cf7d2d73a9bf9c056ace142be210716d.jpgScreenshot_20190427_125925.thumb.jpg.80897c2c95eba93669d4a77cd5965a0f.jpgScreenshot_20190427_125854.thumb.jpg.61a051f0d4f0b33404d0c9b40a6d5b5b.jpgScreenshot_20190427_125724.thumb.jpg.70e6b19d603de13a2af214c386d0df31.jpgScreenshot_20190427_125700.thumb.jpg.a74daf72dc273c1933dc50dd6a596e95.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic