IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

On 8/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, llucie said:

Katie travelled to California with Lawson recently (maybe he was chaperoning?). And if i remeber correctly Zach and Whitney said that they see Katie moving far away from home when she marries, with would make sense if she is getting to know a boy from there! No idea who can it be though, there is known fundie families in california?

There was a quiverfull family featured on 19 kids and counting a few years back. They showed Josh and Anna on a trip to California where they donated a giant bear to a mother-child-home of some sort. I think I remember the family having a very German name but can't remember the name itself...not sure.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, eveandadam said:

There was a quiverfull family featured on 19 kids and counting a few years back. They showed Josh and Anna on a trip to California where they donated a giant bear to a mother-child-home of some sort. I think I remember the family having a very German name but can't remember the name itself...not sure.

Oh god was it the episode where Josh wore that holster around his waist and crotch in order to do a jumping activity? The image of those straps tight around his crotch can NEVER be bleached from my brain. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, eveandadam said:

The Dauers. Cooper is the son known as Creepy Cooper and Marci Dauer is the Mother. 

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

Thanks. Why is he creepy??

I can't remember exactly why he is. I think it was the way that he and his Mom were kinda hanging off the Duggar girls at Jinger's wedding. 

I can give a little more of a run down on the Dauers. I think they have like 5 kids but Cooper is a lot younger than the rest. He’s in his 20s and still living at home. He seems like he was raised as the spoiled entitled baby of the family. His parents obviously have money and are Christian and conservative. I don’t know if I would call them fundie. They met the Duggars at a speech/debate event I think. I don’t think they were ever involved with ATI. Or if they were, they weren’t in with the full kool aid. They attend all the Duggar weddings and Darcy leaked some wedding pictures o FB a few years ago from Jinger’s wedding I believe. 

Trace posted a video on Instagram boating. He’s not wearing a shirt. I am so sick of the modesty double standards. I really hope some of the married daughters whip out a bikini one day so Kelly can clutch her pearls so hard she strangles herself. 

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

They call themselves Musicianaries.  Oh no.  This is going to be BAD. 

Between Jeremy Vuolo's new society and Musicianaries, I can't stop laughing today. That's soooo bad! 

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do we know who the boy holding Katie in that picture is? 

So I found Justus Shaw and it would seem he is in a music band. Like Evan Stewart.  Another singer...

https://www.citizensofglory.com/ 

They call themselves Musicianaries.  Oh no.  This is going to be BAD. 

wait, which picture are you referring to? 

"musicianaries", oh god the religious puns.....they're not half bad to listen to, if that's your type of thing? lol..

Not only does it seem like there is a serious lack of personal space in that house, which would drive anyone out, but it also seems like the kids don't have that many personal belongings or other ownership of/in the house. They have said before about sharing clothes and hand-me-downs etc. but other than the bikes and sports equipment it doesn't look like there are many toys in the house- in fact I don't think I've ever seen Bates' kids with their own stuff, only the grandkids. What do the younger Bates kids play with? Especially the three younger girls who have been vocal about not enjoying playing sports because you get 'sweaty'. 

1 hour ago, taterthot said:

Not only does it seem like there is a serious lack of personal space in that house, which would drive anyone out, but it also seems like the kids don't have that many personal belongings or other ownership of/in the house. They have said before about sharing clothes and hand-me-downs etc. but other than the bikes and sports equipment it doesn't look like there are many toys in the house- in fact I don't think I've ever seen Bates' kids with their own stuff, only the grandkids. What do the younger Bates kids play with? Especially the three younger girls who have been vocal about not enjoying playing sports because you get 'sweaty'. 

Do the girls get to play? I never see them. I think they get to be helpful and obedient.  I think that the boys get to play.  I've seen them with toys but not the girls. 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:16 AM, BeccaGrim said:

Do we know who the boy holding Katie in that picture is? 

Can someone link said picture? 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do the girls get to play? I never see them. I think they get to be helpful and obedient.  I think that the boys get to play.  I've seen them with toys but not the girls. 

I think apart from Jud and Jeb non of the children had many toys. We saw them playing outside in earlier episodes (for example the fort storyline) and at least one of the girls seemed to somewhat included (Ellie?). They seem to just play with what they find outside.

But you definitely see more of the middle boys playing compared to the little girls in general. Not sure if it is because they are not allowed to do interesting things/play, or if the older children fit the storytelling better or if the girls are actually sent off to help out Whitney and Erin a lot.

I found it disturbing how in one of the latest episodes Erin see Tori and Addallee arriving at her house, and her first comment to Tori is "ah nice that you bring a babysiter with you". Who sees their little sister who is just a girl yet and thats their first thought.

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But you definitely see more of the middle boys playing compared to the little girls in general.

Even the older boys got more stuff to "play". Lawson got an entire cabin built for him so he could practice making cowboy movies when he was young. The other boys got to go along with him to play dress up. I think it was Alyssa who got to go take pictures of her brothers as the pranced around making manly poses. 

Gil and Kelly have always had very, very different standards for their kids. Boys get to basically live normal lives while daughters get to spend their childhoods and teen years working and then get married as soon as Kelly can marry them off. 

10 hours ago, llucie said:

I found it disturbing how in one of the latest episodes Erin see Tori and Addallee arriving at her house, and her first comment to Tori is "ah nice that you bring a babysiter with you". Who sees their little sister who is just a girl yet and thats their first thought.

It is sad. But I will say there is a difference between Addy as a babysitter and Michael or Erin as a babysitter. Addy only does it when her nieces or nephews are around. Erin and Michael had to be sister moms. Don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s shitty to do that to Addy. However I do think Michael and Erin had it worse as sister moms. 

15 hours ago, taterthot said:

Jeb and Jud have been depicted with toys. I remember them playing with a toy kitchen and also with paw patrol trucks. Kelly posted how she loves buying toys for them and for the grandkids. Zach's kids often spend time at Bates home and Jeb (or Jud) didn't want to share his toys. It was discussed here if letting him not to share was ok (because kids in big families need private belongings) or it was bad (because reinforcing selfishness).

It is true that the 3 little girls do not seem to have toys. I think that in general, Bates kids were expected to be outdoors most of the day, and when they were indoors, they had to study or pray or sing or do chores, leaving no time to play. Bates old home was really really small and I'm afraid there was neither room nor money for toys.

Kelly had adopted a grandma role with Jeb and Jud, plus Bates' budget had suddently increased just after the little boys were born. So they are probably the first Bates children that have a normal amount of toys (and new ones!).

I was thinking about the Duggar and Bates families lately and I came to a conclusion. I’ve decided I’m glad that there are no romantic relationships between the families, because I think the same sex friendships that have developed between the families are probably even better. Michael and Jana seem so alike. I can see them having a very understanding and easy friendship. I think the same thing about Zach and JD. I know JD was a good friend to him when they were younger and I really think those friendships were probably important in these families. I feel like their parents are practically useless and they don’t always get along with all their siblings. So having a friendship with someone who completely understands what it’s like to be one of the oldest of a family of 19 kids is probably really important. 

On 9/10/2018 at 6:20 AM, formergothardite said:

Even the older boys got more stuff to "play". Lawson got an entire cabin built for him so he could practice making cowboy movies when he was young. The other boys got to go along with him to play dress up. I think it was Alyssa who got to go take pictures of her brothers as the pranced around making manly poses. 

I have no memory of this, was it shown on their show, or something from their blog?  How old was he?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived