IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

Lori obviously didn't get the house wife gene because she spent over 20 years being unsubmissive.Or does one only unlock this gene after completing the "created to be a helpmeet" quest? 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Margaret, honey, I love Jane Austen books and movies too (Firth/Ehle forever!), but you do know they represent the lifestyles of a small and privileged group of people, right?  Like, even the "ladies in reduced circumstances" characters are doing better than, say, the people who wait on them?  Sure, I like to daydream about being the lady of some great country house sometimes, but, you know, then I come back to the present, where I've traded the grand house and clothes for air conditioning, clean water, and the right to vote, and I think I got the better deal.

She posted a second article today on her website, but it's not on FB.  It's called Women are No Longer Marriage Material.  I wonder if she made a mistake and meant to publish it tomorrow.

It amazes me that Ken is asking for others to 'agree to disagree' when she writes shit like this - good way to generalize half the planet.

38 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Oh, Margaret, honey, I love Jane Austen books and movies too (Firth/Ehle forever!), but you do know they represent the lifestyles of a small and privileged group of people, right?  Like, even the "ladies in reduced circumstances" characters are doing better than, say, the people who wait on them?  Sure, I like to daydream about being the lady of some great country house sometimes, but, you know, then I come back to the present, where I've traded the grand house and clothes for air conditioning, clean water, and the right to vote, and I think I got the better deal.

I remember one character* dreading not being married since she feared she would end up as the house-keeper, governess or , worse,  sister-in-law's lady companion.

I read this in a book when I was 17 or 18 and I'm not sure which book or what the character was called. But she was in her mid-twenties with little dowry and not very attractive. IIRC, she eventually married to a respectable but lower class man.

Thanks @crawfishgirl. Here's a quote from from, Trying To Go Viral Part ll:

Spoiler

Divorce is theft from the man. It’s a redistribution of wealth from men to women. She can live off of your paycheck via alimony and child support and she can keep your children and raise them in a single-mother or step-daddy household. She has the complete and full support of Papa Government behind her.

So basically marriage is just an exchange of goods and services. Woman cleans, spreads her legs, and cooks. Man works. When the exchange ends (i.e. divorce), no more services are being exchanged for goods and woman has no right to anything. When Lori likens a marriage to a working relationship she really means it. 

Foolish women like the one who's husband has cystic fibrosis or a woman who marries an abuser simply made a bad business deal. Same for a man who marries the evil working woman.  And all those women expecting child support, who do they think they are? 

9 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Lori will love this- I once aced a job interview by answering “a housekeeper!” The question was, if you could have anything in the world, what would you want the most? Both of the interviewers cracked up. My boss still mentions this & we laugh about it. I was serious too. It is good to make interviewers enjoy talking with you.

No one really likes cleaning toilets but we don’t like dirty ones so it is a necessary chore. Don’t make it into some holy thing, Lori, it is just a mundane chore. Same with every other thing she thinks women have inbred expertise at but men can’t handle. Like men can do a spreadsheet but not figure out a duster?

Hubs called me at work yesterday to tell me that he was going to clean the toilet in our master bathroom but we were out of cleaner, so could I please stop on the way home and get some?  I did.  He asked me pretty much as soon as I was in the door if I'd bought it, and then he called me at work today to tell me he had cleaned the toilet.  I guess he's not a manly man by Lori's standards?  Or maybe I'm the evil feminist and have confused him so that he doesn't know how to be a man anymore.

But, hey, I have a clean toilet so I'm not complaining!

3 hours ago, Marly said:

Is that Ed Wolf guy trolling or is he serious? It almost sounds to ridiculous to be taken seriously, but with Lori's followers you just can't be sure ?

He's got to be trolling. Pissed off at the Statue of Liberty? In all my years of fundie-watching I have never heard that one. . . 

11 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I guess he's not a manly man by Lori's standards?  Or maybe I'm the evil feminist and have confused him so that he doesn't know how to be a man anymore.

Mr. Xtian cleans toilets too. Nasty potties make me start gagging. Oh, he does laundry, including putting the clothes away, dishes, cat litter, ALL the heavy lifting. Some (Lori) would say that I've emasculated him...dude, he gets a kick out of doing it so I don't have to worry about it. My back is jacked up and he won't let me do ANYTHING that might aggravate it. Oh, and he makes me coffee for work every morning...

I've told him about Lorken and her MRA buddies...his response (about the men)? "They must all have teeny, tiny, limp dicks". About Lori? "What a fucking cunt...don't you (meaning me) EVER decide to act that way." 

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Mr. Xtian cleans toilets too. Nasty potties make me start gagging. Oh, he does laundry, including putting the clothes away, dishes, cat litter, ALL the heavy lifting. Some (Lori) would say that I've emasculated him...dude, he gets a kick out of doing it so I don't have to worry about it. My back is jacked up and he won't let me do ANYTHING that might aggravate it. Oh, and he makes me coffee for work every morning...

I've told him about Lorken and her MRA buddies...his response (about the men)? "They must all have teeny, tiny, limp dicks". About Lori? "What a fucking cunt...don't you (meaning me) EVER decide to act that way." 

I put the laundry in the washer and then Mr. Briefly usually is the one who puts it in the dryer and then he usually puts it up.  He doesn't mind at all, his reasoning is that he works from home and I work out of the home so it would not be fair of him to leave all the housework for me when I get home.  He runs the vacuum several times a week.  He does not do the dishes, but he does clean the toilet so I think that's a fair trade-off.  I told him about Lori and her wise ways, he just about fell off the couch because he was laughing so hard.  He thought she had to be a parody.

My dad is pretty conservative and we have our disagreements but he's really encouraged me to use my mind growing up. Both my parents did. But my dad is the one who taught me to braid hair, cooking, and cleaning. He enjoys cooking and baking (has a wonderful apple pie), drawing and coloring, does the dishes and other things when his hips aren't killing, makes bracelets from beads and paracord, mends his clothes, irons, and doesn't care for sports or cars. And he's more a man then most of these cry babies will ever be. I made sure to tell him that as well. 

And as to the whole not being marriage material... Oh well. It's not like her idea of marriage is particularly appealing anyways. 

So I'd commented on the Zelph on the Shelf rehash of the Debt Free Virgins bit and had a couple of little jackasses attempt to call me out on what I wrote saying I pulled the info out of thin air.  I found direct links to the diaphragm story, her college friend meetup, and her description of her wedding day and listed them.  There's a piece of me who knows they'll find a reason it doesn't matter or isn't a good enough example of her general crappiness but I did it anyway.  

For those interested:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HSdilinlk&lc=z23xxhtajpncjlvx204t1aokgs5h4o3tvg1wqdfz0iiobk0h00410.1532921468174616

“Women aren’t marriage material”? Most of the single straight women I know (especially the ones under 40) would like to get married, but the pickings can be slim. For every hard-working, educated single woman who has or is working towards a career, savings, and a home, there seems to be a slacker living in his mom’s basement and doing the bare minimum.

This almost makes me feel sorry for her life. Not being married to a man you love, hating the job you had, the life you had, your own children. God doesn't call everyone to be married, Lori. Maybe you should have realized that.

@CatholicLite, keep in mind that Princess Lori married a paycheck because she didn’t want to work. As I tell all the younguns, “If you marry for money you’ll eventually earn every penny.”

13 minutes ago, Hane said:

@CatholicLite, keep in mind that Princess Lori married a paycheck because she didn’t want to work. As I tell all the younguns, “If you marry for money you’ll eventually earn every penny.”

Yeah the fact that it's self-imposed misery makes me feel a little less sympathy.

First few words in today's post have me shaking my head. "Feminism (sin: wandering from God's ways) has caused women to no longer be marriage material."

See what she did there? She defined feminism as sin. I have a feeling that if I looked that word up in the dictionary, it would read very differently. :my_dodgy:

It's too early to get riled up, I haven't even had my coffee yet....

That being said, as the (working) mother of a young woman, if I had my 'druthers I wouldn't *want* her to get married.  Not when there are so many piggish men strutting around believing they are the end all-be all to the world.  I'd much rather see her living her life, traveling, and making an impact on the wold around her than wasting her time chasing or being chased by jackass with a superiority complex. 

I wish I hadn't fallen down the Victor Pride rabbit hole....I see why Lori likes him.  He describes marriage as a business contract that shouldn't be entered into out of love or emotion. :pb_confused:

9 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Yeah the fact that it's self-imposed misery makes me feel a little less sympathy.

Save your sympathy for Lori Alexander's victims. She deserves none.

24 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I wish I hadn't fallen down the Victor Pride rabbit hole....I see why Lori likes him.  He describes marriage as a business contract that shouldn't be entered into out of love or emotion.

What the everloving fuck? That's not even fucking biblical (See Song of Solomon)

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

What the everloving fuck? That's not even fucking biblical (See Song of Solomon)

This particular clown isn't out for the biblical good, he's just the typical bitter MRA who wants the "perfect" set up.  Good wife = young, fit, eager, shy, no lesbian tendency whatsoever, just unintelligent enough to fall for a really sick stereotype.  But she's also gotta sign the pre-nup.  To be fair his expectations of men aren't low, wealth is his no 1 goal.  Period.  He actually responded to a comment and equated money to confidence.  If I reach I can see where that's valid, you want to be able to do nice things for those you're interested in.  But in his particular case it's literally about the exchange--he makes a really good living, she provides him with healthy children, a clean house, and willing bed partner.  She can't be too freaky in bed tho, because it might show some level of empowerment or hedonism.  

Our girl would probably just say that SoS was only intended to be accurate AFTER the marriage and you "learn to love him".  

Ya know what?  My grandmother learned to love her husband (he wasn't mean or anything it was just an arrangement she had no say over).  She outlived him by 30 years and is buried in a completely different parish than he!  She had a family plot already there next to him but chose yeeeeaarrrss before she passed to have a different place no where near it.   

Pure gold statements today on her own comments section.  I'm sure more are forthcoming.  I wish I could just have popcorn and watch all day.

image.png.12d21a07207f1f011be8f2dffcacf9f3.png

Abolition of what?  The ACLU? Because "abolition" means they want to erradicate it, not simply make it illegal, dear Lori.

image.png.fcedc45d5ecc21a701e4d0aa5e3240ea.png

Wasn't it just 2 days ago that Ken tried to get onto people for evaluating Lori's Christianity and claimed she did not judge people?

Careful, Lori, your cult membership card is lit up like Christmas lately.

DD and I have been sick with a viral infection the past few days. I suppose that Lori will be deeply unhappy with my DH cooking and cleaning after us. 

Lori needs a reality check.

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

Abolition of what?  The ACLU? Because "abolition" means they want to erradicate it, not simply make it illegal, dear Lori.

A lot of pro-birthers seem to think that once abortion is made illegal, that'll be the end of it.  Which - no, Lori.  It'll be the end of doctors performing abortions in legal, safe conditions.  Women will still try to terminate pregnancies, but more of them will end up seriously injured or dead as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lori decided that's a fitting punishment or some such disgusting thing, though, because that's her idea of loving thy neighbour (maybe I'm just weird, but I don't tend to wish death on the people I love when they don't behave exactly the way I want them to).

52 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Lori needs a reality check.

I'm all in favor of a wife swap type of situation...let her go live (as the wife) in one of her followers' houses for a month or three...you know, chores to do, kids to homeschool, budget to stretch. 

Who am I kidding, she wouldn't last a day!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived