IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

39 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

A lot of pro-birthers seem to think that once abortion is made illegal, that'll be the end of it.  Which - no, Lori.  It'll be the end of doctors performing abortions in legal, safe conditions.  Women will still try to terminate pregnancies, but more of them will end up seriously injured or dead as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lori decided that's a fitting punishment or some such disgusting thing, though, because that's her idea of loving thy neighbour (maybe I'm just weird, but I don't tend to wish death on the people I love when they don't behave exactly the way I want them to).

Plus there will always be some women with the resources to go where it is safe/legal.

I remember that early in Reagan’s first term, they attempted to pass a rule requiring federally-funded clinics to inform the parents of any minor who sought services.  I was only about 14 at the time, but I knew that it would only mean more pregnancies and probably more abortions.  One woman said, “Well, would want to know if my child were having sex, wouldn’t you?”  and I thought “I hope we would have a good enough relationship that s/he would tell me first.”

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Plus there will always be some women with the resources to go where it is safe/legal.

I'm convinced this is 100% the reason Trump is willing to go "Yeah, sure, overturn Roe. Whatever." to please the evangelicals. Because he knows full well that if his daughters, mistresses, sons' mistresses, etc. got pregnant and didn't want to be, it wouldn't matter one bit whether abortion was legal or not. They'd go to a well-paid private doctor or on an overseas vacation and come back with no more pregnancy, safe and sound. I'd be amazed if he hadn't paid for a few abortions over the years. 

Lori has her head up her butt. 

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm convinced this is 100% the reason Trump is willing to go "Yeah, sure, overturn Roe. Whatever." to please the evangelicals. Because he knows full well that if his daughters, mistresses, sons' mistresses, etc. got pregnant and didn't want to be, it wouldn't matter one bit whether abortion was legal or not. They'd go to a well-paid private doctor or on an overseas vacation and come back with no more pregnancy, safe and sound. I'd be amazed if he hadn't paid for a few abortions over the years. 

Lori has her head up her butt. 

Well seems like he really fathered a child with a housekeeper in 2015 (wasn't that the same year as the Stromy Daniels incident? He sure sleeps around a lot for a married guy). So he might rethink his position on affordable healthcare, bc, abortions and such.

Dino Sajudin Releases 'Catch And Kill' Contract 'About Donald Trump's Illegitimate Child'

If the "older" women (those who have raised their children, who are spiritually mature and older in YEARS, according to Lori) are to teach the younger, then WHY on God's green earth is Lindsay contributing AT ALL as a leader to women in Lori's secret church?  

I just cannot read Lori today.  I have to go eat some Cheetos and sausages with nitrates to wash out my mind...

5 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

A lot of pro-birthers seem to think that once abortion is made illegal, that'll be the end of it.  Which - no, Lori.  It'll be the end of doctors performing abortions in legal, safe conditions.  Women will still try to terminate pregnancies, but more of them will end up seriously injured or dead as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lori decided that's a fitting punishment or some such disgusting thing, though, because that's her idea of loving thy neighbour (maybe I'm just weird, but I don't tend to wish death on the people I love when they don't behave exactly the way I want them to).

It's been around probably about as long as people have.  It's probably going to be with us as long as we are still here.  Even when I was thinking I was pro-life, I never thought it would end just because it is illegal.  Illegal just means that what used to be called back-alley abortions happen.  Women will be hurt or killed, that's what the end result will be.

This is priceless.  Her source on the rate of women vs. men filing for divorce.  "Divorce experts" with a "passion for a better divorce."  Lori, I thought all divorce was a sin, yet here you are quoting statistics for people making money on people who want a divorce.  

About Editorial Staff

The Divorce Source, Inc. Editorial Staff consists of a team of divorce experts who are responsible for the ever so valuable content that is delivered through the Divorce Source Network. The members of the editorial team share the company's "passion for a better divorce" philosophy by providing as much divorce related information, products and services to help those who are contemplating or experiencing divorce.

You know, according to Lori and the Odious Victor Pride (TM) I wasn't marriage material.

I was over 30, college educated, graduate degree, some debt (from grad school and a car payment), had a career, was independent, lived by myself, not a virgin, was definitely the boss of me and never, ever ever -- no not once -- thought I was less than any man out there. I knew I could do anything I set my mind to (thanks Daddy!)

And yet Mr. Dress showed up, fell in love with every bit of non-marriage material me. I loved him right back and dang if we didn't get married and live happily ever after. 

Even though I cook, keep house, do crafty things -- probably a lot of those things Lori demands wives do -- I'm still not marriage material.

I have a career, am independent, definitely still the boss of me, and never, ever ever -- no not once -- have thought I was less than any man out there. I still know I can do anything I set my mind to.

Is it possible that Lori and Victor are um.... mistaken?  That all those rules for women are nonsense and don't matter in the least?  Oh no that can't be true. Lori is a godly older woman who knows what's best for all other women. And Victor  -- well..... isn't he just the man of every woman's dreams?

[Insert major eye roll and sarcasm here]

A web design friend of mine questioned the Victor Pride...well entirety :laughing-lettersrofl:  He thinks it's a write or business person who has a staged webpage with a model and a controversial narrative.  I can definitely see it.

In other news:  Lori's a gold digging bitch with no life.  

I haven't read her crap yet today.....I just felt like saying that.  Happy Friday Eve! 

:cupcake: :martinismiley:

On 8/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, Sarah92 said:

And as to the whole not being marriage material... Oh well. It's not like her idea of marriage is particularly appealing anyways. 

Seconded. Happily married and happy not to fit those standards!

On 8/29/2018 at 10:58 AM, feministxtian said:

I'm all in favor of a wife swap type of situation...let her go live (as the wife) in one of her followers' houses for a month or three...you know, chores to do, kids to homeschool, budget to stretch. 

That would rival some of the funnier episodes of those old family swap TV shows. 

Is it me or has Lori’s tone become more harsh than usual? I don’t see where she’s ever been “nice” but she seems especially harsh, critical, and judgmental lately. 

And I see Prudently at Home (Suzanne Chanis; she also had a page titled Blueberry Cottage) commenting quite frequently in support of Lori, and she has become harsh and critical. I find that ironic, because on her Blueberry Cottage page, she had a video of her saying she didn’t want to cause conflict like she has seen “on other pages”. She even appeared over at 2.0 for a bit and “liked” Ken’s comments (not the more recent ones). 

Its interesting how Lori manages to attract the worst kind of people (and I try hard not to judge people, but alt right, white nationalists, racists, nazis, etc are awful). And she manages to bring out the  worst in people. 

In regards to the woman referred to in comments with the ID daughter and husband with ALS, she isn’t solely supporting the family selling sandwiches, logos, and t-shirts. It’s called SSI (for daughter and husband), food stamps, and MA. And she should receive those benefits. But don’t make it sound like something easily attainable. Especially for moms raising young children, homeschooling, etc. The woman she referenced also has (or had) benefit of a lot of support from community members- financial and otherwise.  

She posted a second article again today on her blog - her schedule must be off.  It's called She Loves Jesus and Cusses a Little.  My favorite sentence is: 

Christlikeness is our jam

On 8/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, older than allosaurs said:

And a bit more:

“In other words, however we try, the sexual act cannot be made into an egalitarian pleasuring party. A man penetrates, conquers, colonizes, plants. A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.”

I'm a bit late to the party here, I know. But seriously... does that man (whoever he is) really know so little about sex? Maybe it's my erotic author's filthy imagination, but there are so many ways in which a woman is not the one sexually receiving, surrendering and accepting.  If these "good Christian people" must write about sex, can they please educate themselves at least a little bit first?

12 minutes ago, KDA said:

And has anybody else seen Trey trying to marry off his 24 year old virgin, tattoo-less, debt-free daughter?

Saw that, glad I was IP blocked!

37 minutes ago, KDA said:

I'm a bit late to the party here, I know. But seriously... does that man (whoever he is) really know so little about sex? Maybe it's my erotic author's filthy imagination, but there are so many ways in which a woman is not the one sexually receiving, surrendering and accepting.  If these "good Christian people" must write about sex, can they please educate themselves at least a little bit first?

That's Doug Wilson, who marries pedophiles off to (maybe?) unsuspecting women! If you search his threads here or anywhere else, bring rescue ferrets, alcoholic beverage of choice, and a phone to call for help. 

I know it doesn't matter and will just fall on Lori's extremely deaf ears, but it riles me up how she explains feminism. Does the not understand that feminists WANT stay at home moms to be respected? When I took women and gender studies, we spent like a whole two weeks of the course learning about how much labor a stay at home mom does and how it's not recognized/respected in the workplace when it should be, and how husbands don't often realize this. The CHOICE to be a stay at home mom is one that is not easy and requires hours of physical and mental labor, and part of feminism is recognizing, validating, and spreading this! ugkajkldsajfkdsj ajlasdjlkfdkj she riles me up but I do it to myself really

@kmachete14 I have spent so many hours trying to explain feminism to fundies. They just don't get it. I don't think they WANT to get it. Because if they "get it" they will have to admit that feminism is not all bad. 

@Seahorse Wrangler,  were you referring to one of Jane Austen's novels in your last post where you mentioned one where a none-too-attractive woman in her mid 20s married a respectable, but lower class man?  It's been awhile since I read Northanger Abbey and I'm reading Mansfield Park currently, but I can't think of who that might be.  Harriet Smith in Emma did marry a farmer, but she was around 19 or 20 and was reasonably attractive.  Anne Elliot in Persuasion was in her mid-twenties and her father and sister considered that she had lost some of her bloom, but she married Captain Wentworth.  I think you must be thinking of Charlotte Lucas, a friend of Elizabeth's who was in her mid-20s, who married Mr Collins after he'd been rejected by Lizzy.  Mr Collins had the living at Rosings, Lady Catherine's estate, and so Elizabeth was once again thrown into the company of Mr Darcy when she went to visit Charlotte after her marriage.

3 hours ago, KDA said:

@kmachete14 I have spent so many hours trying to explain feminism to fundies. They just don't get it. I don't think they WANT to get it. Because if they "get it" they will have to admit that feminism is not all bad. 

Seriously, I worked in a library at a Christian Uni and I'd occasionally browse through the "Christian Research Journals". I read several articles that completely got feminism and egalitarianism wrong when trying to argue against them. It was very obvious that they were pulling their definitions from fundamental sources. They were trying to argue against a platform that they didn't even have a basic understanding of and in some ways a platform that doesn't exist outside of funds minds. The head librarian and I would look at those journals and mourn the state of "Christian research". 

Given that half of my schooling was writing research papers and learning tho stay up to date on research, bad research articles really made me angry. One of the many reasons Lori ticks me off, she can't pick out a decent source to save her life. 

https://thetransformedwife.com/she-loves-jesus-and-cusses-a-little/

Oh, Lori.  Come on!   Now you are calling out other Christiatn bloggers, comparing yourself to them, and ... of course ... you in your delusion ... believe you are better than. 

You NEVER try to emulate Jesus ... never!!!  Your concern, similar to many fundamentalists, is having two things:  the "right" belief, an obsession with sin, and absolutely no care for others, for LOVING OTHERS and DOING for ... as Jesus did. 

I see this ad nauseum ... It is all about what Jesus did for "me" (saved me by dying for my sins) and never about his life and his teachings ... how to love thy neighbour??? 

Why is this so lost on fundamentalists? 

12 hours ago, KDA said:

And has anybody else seen Trey trying to marry off his 24 year old virgin, tattoo-less, debt-free daughter?

Good luck with that.  Poor girl is waaaaaaaaaaay past her sell-by/ fertile date. At least she is according to the batch of Red Pills and MGTOWs who have infested Lori's FB.

Maybe Trey can contact Vaughn O for help. Although she's about 10 years too old for VO's preferred marriage age.   

Gosh darn -- Trey forced she kept herself pure, debt free, unmarked and probably uneducated, and yet here she is withering on the SAHD vine. 

You'd think these fundies might get a clue that it's not all working out they way they planned?    Nah.  God's way are perfect, even if they have doomed this girl to live under Trey"s patriarchy forever.

Chances are the thought of having Trey as a FIL was enough to make anyone head for the hills.  

Being a keeper of the home means protector and provider. Lionesses do a majority of the hunting. I see many moms and wives as being fierce lionesses, protecting their babies and homes. If God designed many female animals to be the provider, why can't women help as well? Why would God give more freedom to animals? Why would he allow female animals to be leaders if human women aren't able? Random pre-coffee thoughts of the day. 

I also think Lori is jealous of Rachel Hollis and her books success. 

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I also think Lori is jealous of Rachel Hollis and her books success. 

The stench of jealousy coming from Lori's post this morning follows her around like a Pepé Le Pew cloud. 

13 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I know it doesn't matter and will just fall on Lori's extremely deaf ears, but it riles me up how she explains feminism. Does the not understand that feminists WANT stay at home moms to be respected? When I took women and gender studies, we spent like a whole two weeks of the course learning about how much labor a stay at home mom does and how it's not recognized/respected in the workplace when it should be, and how husbands don't often realize this. The CHOICE to be a stay at home mom is one that is not easy and requires hours of physical and mental labor, and part of feminism is recognizing, validating, and spreading this! ugkajkldsajfkdsj ajlasdjlkfdkj she riles me up but I do it to myself really

Unpaid labor is not restricted only to women staying home with children. It includes all manner of domestic labor and the work of caring for elderly relatives as well. 

I have found that the latter is a huge issue in the U.S. In a report covering the two years of 2015-16, it was found that 41.6 million Americans provided unpaid elder care and 56% were women. About 80% of home care is provided by unpaid family members as of 2017. And most people over 65 will require short or long term care at some point that will fall on children or other family members. But when we talk about paid family leave, we talk about maternity/paternity leave and other parental leave. 

I could not find any recent statistics on employment status of unpaid family caregivers--most recent I found was 2007 which concluded that the majority were women in the 60 and over age group who had previously only been in the workforce on a limited basis. It would not surprise me if that has changed  in the last 11 years and I suspect it will continue to change . On an anecdotal level, I met woman after woman sitting in the cancer center with a parent, sibling, grandparent, etc...who had to leave their job or scale back work to part time hours in order to care for their loved one. And for most of us, who are not exactly young, returning to the the workforce may be difficult or impossible. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived