IGNORED

Dullards 63: Law School Participation Trophy

VaSportsMom

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I really wonder how he's going to pay for this. Perhaps JB will? 

His mother?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/7/2018 at 12:59 PM, libgirl2 said:

In Jill's defense, when I first got married, I was not a good cook.

Many of us can say that, but Jill's been married for four years.  Plenty of time to catch a few episodes of Pioneer Woman and learn some cooking skills, if they have an evil TV.

35 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Many of us can say that, but Jill's been married for four years.  Plenty of time to catch a few episodes of Pioneer Woman and learn some cooking skills, if they have an evil TV.

Well, they do have computers and smart phones- 

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, about 10 years ago. It was a sensitivity at that point and could be getting worse with age. I consider myself lucky, my friend's Mom became lactose intolerant late in life and she lives in fear that cheese will desert her. 

Carm... please don't ignore those signs!  Hives mean a real, serious allergy and can suddenly up their way to anaphylactic shock.  Try to get a referral to an allergy doc if you can.  

I know, I sound like I'm really intruding into your personal stuff but recently, my spouse ignored similar allergy signs and it caused serious health problems.  Thank God for universal healthcare because he's now getting specialized treatment.  

Could his dad have a policy they could use? I have a few former HS classmates that sadly lost their parents either in undergrad or late in high school and I know they're using some portion of their parent's life insurance payout for some portion of their post schooling.

23 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I have zero art/craft skills.

If I was a Super Heroine, I would be The UnCrafter™.

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

My comments about "food shaming" wasn't about Jillymuffins gagfest, but the other comments-, and I paraphraseare canned potatoes really a thing? Canned green beans are the most disgusting things ever. How lazy do you have to be to not chop up some fresh veggies? and on and on>

I can only speak for myself but I think it is terrible and unjust that people live in food deserts in the United States, or anywhere. I personally like canned potatoes and green beans, but that’s not the point. Reading about a canned product that one is unfamiliar with, it’s a knee jerk reaction of “gross”!  I had that reaction to canned chicken, I didn’t post about it but I thought it! 

When i read those posts I viewed it as a lens on Jill’s life. She has access to fresh food, she has help and resources many of us don’t have. You don’t have that same access, if you did you mentioned you would prefer fresh fruits.  You would buy fresh if you had a choice.  Jill has that choice.

I hope this makes sense. I do know I can be a huge food snob. I can’t stand the Pioneer Woman but I love Ina Garten.

19 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I do know I can be a huge food snob. I can’t stand the Pioneer Woman but I love Ina Garten.

A few of Pioneer Woman's baking recipes are pretty good. I just don't like her because she (bit like the Duggars) acts like she's just a down-home folksy country girl when she lives in a goddamn mansion and her husband's family basically owns the state of Oklahoma. At least Ina Garten doesn't pretend she's anything but a pretentious rich white lady who will straight-up tell Make A Wish kids to fuck off because she's too busy cooking for JEFFREY to fulfill their dying wishes. Also her beef bourgignon is fucking awesome. 

29 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I can’t stand the Pioneer Woman but I love Ina Garten.

You are me in another body.

I liked PW when she first started blogging, with no aspirations of hitting the big time.  In fact, I found her because we share a fear of street grates.  (Who knew?!)

Ina seems real and genuine, while the PW spews forth recipes that a 50 year old church recipe book might contain.  

There, I said it (probably again, since I am old.)

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

True. She also didn’t even try that hard, which is why I judge her more harshly. She just wanted to become a doctor with minimal effort.

I also judge her because she’s a terrible soulless human being...

Can she fake a soul for her patients?  If not, I hope that she isn't treating conditions for which bedside manner really matters.

I stand by my opinion that we should not judge him for aspiring for a real career, although it certainly will be interesting in the next years... What if they have another child? Getting through law school with a clingy wife, a preschooler, a toddler and a baby sounds like a nightmare to me.

I'm more concerned because of the fact that they are keeping this rather hushed up (no big enrollment announcement, to Go To Me fund etc, they didn't even post anything about his ministry diploma or whatever that was he got this week), so my speculation is that there's some kind of end game plan on Derick's part (sue TLC, maybe?).

:isp.ani:

7 hours ago, nst said:

I never was a firefighter - just a lowly admin person :D

but it was the best place to be ever 

stand down 

i had a nickname...what was yours ....apparently if you get one it's huge yes ? 

mine was 

wait for it 

nasty - apparently the opposite of who you are so that could be good :D

I never had a nickname that I know of! Haha but they teased me mercilessly (in a fun way) & I loved it! 

And the firefighters would be lost without the "lowly admin person"!!! Believe me!!!!!! They get to do the exciting stuff!! You get all the boring stuff!! Thank you for what you do behind the scenes!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Ilovebrownies said:

Another reason for him to avoid a real job and continue grifting.

This. This time, though, it would probably be a lot easier for him to work a regular 9-to-5-job (like Walmart accountant, Derick!!)  and come home after workday to spend the evening relaxing, than to study all day and do homework that requires concentration and thinking while his wife and kids cling to his arms. 

I don't really think he's able to go through this.

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I can only speak for myself but I think it is terrible and unjust that people live in food deserts in the United States, or anywhere. I personally like canned potatoes and green beans, but that’s not the point. Reading about a canned product that one is unfamiliar with, it’s a knee jerk reaction of “gross”!  I had that reaction to canned chicken, I didn’t post about it but I thought it! 

When i read those posts I viewed it as a lens on Jill’s life. She has access to fresh food, she has help and resources many of us don’t have. You don’t have that same access, if you did you mentioned you would prefer fresh fruits.  You would buy fresh if you had a choice.  Jill has that choice.

I hope this makes sense. I do know I can be a huge food snob. I can’t stand the Pioneer Woman but I love Ina Garten.

I mentioned Pioneer Woman because Ree is a Christian Homeschooling Mom.  Ina wouldn't be appropriate, since she's barren (no judgment, since I am also barren).

13 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I do think Boob is helping them out financially...but I also think he has no intention of helping out more now that he's in school.

I wonder if Jilly Muffin will now be on JB's payroll? Will she be a house cleaner, usurping Ben ? Work in Duggar real estate? Flip cars? Book keeping? What made up job will Jilly be doing to earn her keep? I guess when JB has all these "workers" he gets to write off much of what he pays out?

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This. This time, though, it would probably be a lot easier for him to work a regular 9-to-5-job (like Walmart accountant, Derick!!)  and come home after workday to spend the evening relaxing, than to study all day and do homework that requires concentration and thinking while his wife and kids cling to his arms. 

I don't really think he's able to go through this.

100% agreed! I was roommates with a college friend for two years after graduation while she was going to law school. The amount of schoolwork and studying she had to do was insane. She was ALWAYS either at the library or in her bedroom doing schoolwork. On the rare occasion that she’d join us for any fun activities, it was always stipulated that we had to be home by a certain time so she could get back to her work. She also didn’t have a spouse or kids demanding her attention. A few years ago, she confessed that that period of time was the loneliness of her life-she was watching our small circle of friends having fun at the end of our workdays and on weekends while she was buried under a mountain of law books. I absolutely do not think Dullard has it in him to complete law school.

4 hours ago, DillyDally said:

I stand by my opinion that we should not judge him for aspiring for a real career, although it certainly will be interesting in the next years... What if they have another child? 

He HAD a real career-- being an accountant. He can still have that career.  If he didn't like it, he should have thought twice before marrying a woman whose family believes in women not working and having as many as children as possible.

I respect your opinion, but I have zero sympathy for Derick.  There people everywhere doing jobs they don't really like in order to support themselves and their families. Suck it up, buttercup.

I’m on the fence about whether Dullard will finish or not, but whatever the outcome, it’s not going to be good for their marriage.  She’s not independent enough to give him the space he needs, and he’s too selfish to carve out time for them during his studies.  And they are likely worried about money and may be taking on significant debt.

I *really* hope she does not get pregnant.

The pioneer woman really irritates me because she aggressively genders her food... cowboys eat steak and potatoes, cowgirls eat pasta and salads. Like, lady, you're overthinking this. People eat food that they like. I've gone to restaurants with my SO and he's ordered a chicken caesar salad and I've ordered a steak and our genitalia did not magically switch. It's weird how much she focuses on it.

Though she's nowhere near Duggar-level gender segregation, it still reeks of patriarchal "hurr hurr man like meat, woman stay thin and pretty" bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m on the fence about whether Dullard will finish or not, but whatever the outcome, it’s not going to be good for their marriage.  She’s not independent enough to give him the space he needs, and he’s too selfish to carve out time for them during his studies.  And they are likely worried about money and may be taking on significant debt.

This is exactly it! Derick does not present as someone who could easily roll with having a large quiver.

26 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

If only there were a way to, you know, CONTROL births!

So do you think Derick will join any extracurricular groups at law school? https://law.uark.edu/future-students/student-life/student-orgs.php  Perhaps the Christian Legal Society?  

There are so many Christian groups on campus at the UofA and the campus culture leans pretty heavily Christian. I still identified as Christian when I started but the choice was overwhelming and I never ended up joining any religious group. I think I actually went to more Hindu student meetings with Hindu friends than I went to Christian meetings.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived