IGNORED

Dullards 63: Law School Participation Trophy

VaSportsMom

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Derick is a racist, homophobic, insensitive, cruel, immature, classless, boorish, selfish person.

Josh is a sexual predator and child molester.

While I'd never choose to be around, or let my young children be around, either of them, at least I can pretty much guarantee my child would be PHYSICALLY SAFE with Derick. 

If you call being hit with a wooden spoon physically safe, then yeah.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't count any any children being psychically safe around Skeletor. He's given off plenty of "i probably beat my kids" vibes. 

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

For $100 and a little online training, I can get a minister's license too.  

Exactly. And this is a big part of the reason why the “religious right” exploded. People don’t know what they don’t know, and a lot of people blindly follow others without challenging what’s told to them.

My husband has his MDiv. Took him about 5 years to get it. It was close to 100 additional credits to get his Masters. Not only did he study the Bible, but also Hebrew and Greek, mythology (many lecture dvds by Joseph Campbell), psychology, ancient civilizations and societies, etc. He didn’t just study some of the books in the Bible, memorize a few verses, talk about the horrors of gay marriage and abortion, and then hey-presto! Here’s your MDiv!  He was constantly challenged to support his points of view, look at things from a different perspective, and be able to clearly articulate the opposing viewpoints before presenting evidence supporting his own. At no time was he ever told what to believe. Gay marriage and abortion were never a topic in his studies. 

As a result of his studies, he’s a fierce liberal. Want to live like Jesus? Take care of the poor, the homeless, the addicts, the “undesireables” without ever mentioning Jesus’ name. Do it without ever expecting praise, recognition or reward. Do it unconditionally. Do it without grifting...in fact, make it your life’s WORK.  

I get it...we all search out things that line up with our own personal beliefs. But we have severely limited our ability to critically think by doing so. I doubt Derrick learned anything other than what he already “knew” and believed. So it really isn’t much of an accomplishment. 

6 minutes ago, Jkaeekjj said:

Exactly. And this is a big part of the reason why the “religious right” exploded. People don’t know what they don’t know, and a lot of people blindly follow others without challenging what’s told to them.

My husband has his MDiv. Took him about 5 years to get it. It was close to 100 additional credits to get his Masters. Not only did he study the Bible, but also Hebrew and Greek, mythology (many lecture dvds by Joseph Campbell), psychology, ancient civilizations and societies, etc. He didn’t just study some of the books in the Bible, memorize a few verses, talk about the horrors of gay marriage and abortion, and then hey-presto! Here’s your MDiv!  He was constantly challenged to support his points of view, look at things from a different perspective, and be able to clearly articulate the opposing viewpoints before presenting evidence supporting his own. At no time was he ever told what to believe. Gay marriage and abortion were never a topic in his studies. 

As a result of his studies, he’s a fierce liberal. Want to live like Jesus? Take care of the poor, the homeless, the addicts, the “undesireables” without ever mentioning Jesus’ name. Do it without ever expecting praise, recognition or reward. Do it unconditionally. Do it without grifting...in fact, make it your life’s WORK.  

I get it...we all search out things that line up with our own personal beliefs. But we have severely limited our ability to critically think by doing so. I doubt Derrick learned anything other than what he already “knew” and believed. So it really isn’t much of an accomplishment. 

This!  I'm sorry, any denomination that waters down their qualifications is just not worth taking seriously.  

4 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

For $100 and a little online training, I can get a minister's license too.  

can someone fork over $100 for  go fund me page and i nominate Harleyquinn to get her licence...and she can give Derick a run for his money. 

On 8/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, Royallyobsessed said:

I'm really interested to see if the Dillards are going to publicize his return to academia?  He received his Cross Church certificate last week and nothing was mentioned.  This is a little strange.  He works a full year and has pr omoted the program and then nothing about comp!etion?   I wonder if as a condition of acceptance at U A Law that he has to refrain from self promotion.   Is Jill the publicity hound now?  

Especially weird since he made a big production of graduating from his TWO-WEEK Spanish class.
Also since he asked for donation for his "ministry" and usually when you take other people's money you show them you accomplished something with it (shit, I forgot this was Dwreck)

Well law school should be interesting! Maybe he won't have time to tweet! 

34 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Especially weird since he made a big production of graduating from his TWO-WEEK Spanish class.
Also since he asked for donation for his "ministry" and usually when you take other people's money you show them you accomplished something with it (shit, I forgot this was Dwreck)

he's been pretty silent on IG lately yesterday he posted a video of them watching some fire works at a ball game but before that he hadn't posted since july 20th. I think he's leaving all the social media up to Jill. Probably in hopes he doesn't fuck himself over again. well good luck there Derick. (I have no clue if he's been on twitter I don't check that platform often) 

Izzy's face in that picture is perfect. I feel the same way about your dad's accomplishment kid!

Wreck in law school...that's gonna be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

he's been pretty silent on IG lately yesterday he posted a video of them watching some fire works at a ball game but before that he hadn't posted since july 20th. I think he's leaving all the social media up to Jill. Probably in hopes he doesn't fuck himself over again. well good luck there Derick. (I have no clue if he's been on twitter I don't check that platform often) 

Guess its got to be worse when your whole platform is social media and on that platform you get voted as worse than Smugger.

23 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Don't count on it. He can't stay quiet, I mean shut up for long.:wink-kitty:

While I don't like Derick, I do think he's the current punching bag by his own actions. So I'll try and summarize his last year's efforts without mentioning Pistol Pete.

In August 2017, Derick decided to start tweeting about a transgender teen on TLC, a network he was featured on, ultimately leading to dismissal from the tv show he was on and widespread scorn. When Derick wasn't on twitter sharing bible verses and politically stumping for the right evangelical viewpoint by supporting causes and candidates like accused child molester Roy Moore, he was in a year long church school. This church school opened his family's eyes to other cultures through sharing meals with international students and his wife subsequently started wearing pants, got her nose pierced and began her infamous blogging career. While attending church school to become a missionary or minister, he decided he wanted to be a lawyer instead. 

There's so much missing, but the pan of dark chocolate brownies that are going to be in my stomach are almost done.

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Don't count on it. He can't stay quiet, I mean shut up for long.:wink-kitty:

maybe he will post his class schedule the same way he and jill posted her pregnancy test. I still have that picture...i am never deleting that. 

:D 

35 minutes ago, nst said:

when you take the licence and pass can you post it online so we can come to you with our problem so you can solve them. 

pretty please

Please!!! It will be so much cheaper than therapy 

57 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Please!!! It will be so much cheaper than therapy 

and I can start with my first question 

tell me why I love the color orange and should I go to Europe with my parents.? What does this mean?

2 minutes ago, nst said:

and I can start with my first question 

tell me why I love the color orange and should I go to Europe with my parents.? What does this mean?

like to live or visit and are they paying because if it's to visit and they're paying I say hell yes go. :laughing-rollingyellow:

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

okay so from what I can find here is the difference between ordained and licences. 

https://work.chron.com/difference-between-licensed-minister-ordained-minister-10210.html

but really if he wants to do wedding he just has to go online and boom he along with anyone else can legally do weddings. 

https://www.oministry.com/ordained-marriage-laws/arkansas/

For tax purposes, the IRS recognizes both licensed and ordained ministers as clergy, although it may apply additional standards when determining whether a clergyperson is subject to special tax rules for ministers.

Finally, some denominations license ministers as a way of providing accountability and support to those who perform specific ministries in a church on either a full- or part-time basis.

Quotes from the first link. 

Hmmm. What does/could this mean for Derick tax-wise and in the IRS' eyes?

I wonder what "specific ministries" D'Wreck performs for crosschurch as I can only assume (assumptions are being made here) that he falls into the final category of 'some denominations hand out minister licences like dollar store door prizes just for showing up.. you know, for accountability and support for speshul tasks'.  Really crosschurch...like what does he do bring you chocolate milk? And bad press?

Certificate of bullshit and he worked all year to get it. Congratu-fucking-lations.

6 hours ago, Jkaeekjj said:

I doubt Derrick learned anything other than what he already “knew” and believed. So it really isn’t much of an accomplishment. 

Well, you have to hand it to him that it's pretty impressive to be able to flush 12 grand down the toilet without totally wrecking the septic system. 

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I wonder if they were asked by the university to keep it quiet.

18 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

like to live or visit and are they paying because if it's to visit and they're paying I say hell yes go. :laughing-rollingyellow:

to visit my mom's family and yes they will pay for everything. 

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Derick is a racist, homophobic, insensitive, cruel, immature, classless, boorish, selfish person.

Josh is a sexual predator and child molester.

While I'd never choose to be around, or let my young children be around, either of them, at least I can pretty much guarantee my child would be PHYSICALLY SAFE with Derick. 

Josh is also a racist, homophobic, insensitive, cruel, immature, classless, boorish, selfish person. 

Derick believes in physically abusing children. Josh probably does too.

They both suck as men, fathers and human beings and I feel sorry for their wifes that are stuck with them and their kids that, sadly, will grow up to be just like them.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I’m guessing he’s only going to law school to get better at arguing on twitter. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived