IGNORED

Dullards 63: Law School Participation Trophy

VaSportsMom

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

One of the things I hate most about my current office is the lunch room/food comments. It doesn't seem to matter what I bring, there is always someone judging it (and me). And we are located in the middle of bloody nowhere restaurant wise, so it's bring food and eat at the lunch room/desk or go hungry. I have been opting for the later lately - I have a lot of food allergies/sensitivities and some food aversions from my stint with an eating disorder as a teenager, and I so do not need the comments. Even when I've told people some of this or to mind their own lunches, they just will not stop. I'm sure when someone notices I'm not eating that will also be a subject of discussion. Can't bloody win with these people.

This is one of the main reasons I have always taken my breaks and lunches in my vehicle. I'm sure it makes me look like an anti social snob (which is kind of true I guess.....I am extremely anti social!!) but I just don't want/need anyone criticizing what I'm eating or not eating. I'm on a kick right now where I spread peanut butter on a chocolate rice cake for lunch, along with my celery sticks & grapes or my carrot sticks & grapes. I just want to enjoy my food & I don't want to hear it from anyone!!! Plus...my breaks are my "me time"....they can have me the other 9+ hours of the day!!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I'm on a kick right now where I spread peanut butter on a chocolate rice cake for lunch,

Not to be one of those unsolicited food commenters, but that honestly sounds delicious!

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

I really wonder how he's going to pay for this. Perhaps JB will? 

He won't send his own kids to college, much less a lazy-ass son-in-law who probably will never get a job as a lawyer.  And I doubt sweet Jilly Muffin is happy about this since she can't spend 24/7 with him while he's in school.  

I think Boob has helped Ben and may be helping Jeremy, but they've also been playing ball.  Derick, not so much.

DFO announced Jeremy's acceptance to seminary...I'm thinking we won't see an announcement about Dullard.

So how will the Dillards afford food, rent, 2 kids, health insurance, utility bills, cars/insurance, gas without any sort of income, along with tuition payments and all associated costs? 

GD it, how come most people can't figure out the magical living that graces these folks' lives? Even the Bateses et. al have jobs.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

There’s absolutely nothing about Derick that makes me think he can’t intellectually handle law school. It’s pretty much everything else about him that makes me think this is going to be a fiasco. 

I agree. I'm an attorney so I'll put in my two cents and just say you don't even necessarily have to be smart to become an attorney. Stupid people can indeed make it through law school, and with there being tons of crappy schools that are out there just to get money and churn out degrees, they have plenty of opportunity to do so. And then after like 3 attempts at the bar exam they'll eventually pass. I work with a girl that is so unfathomably dopey that it shocks me even though I knew all of the above to be true before meeting her. 

That being said I don't really put Wreck in this category and think his issues pertaining to personality, work ethic, and clingy Jill will be the big problems.

I do think Boob is helping them out financially...but I also think he has no intention of helping out more now that he's in school.

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So how will the Dillards afford food, rent, 2 kids, health insurance, utility bills, cars/insurance, gas without any sort of income, along with tuition payments and all associated costs? 

GD it, how come most people can't figure out the magical living that graces these folks' lives? Even the Bateses et. al have jobs.

Loans.  That's really the only answer I can come up with.  Unless the Bank of Duggar is doing better than would be suggested by their attempt to sell a CD featuring the Lost Girls and JB is willing to support the Dillards in this endeavor.  Or unless Derick is a bald face liar who secretly had tons of money in the bank while tweeting about volunteering on TLC.  To be fair, that's really not out of the realm of possibilities.  

They'll almost certainly try to grift some of it too, of course, but they've never had much success with that.  

I wonder if they'll move back to the compound.  They really could use a low-cost living situation, and that's probably their best option.  It would be a win for JB, who could exert increased control over Derick to prevent him from going rogue again.  It would be a win for Jill, who I think prefers to be as close to her family as humanly possible and probably sees this as an ideal arrangement.  It would be a win for Derick because he would be able to make sure his family has a roof over their heads without all the stress of "working a job for money".  It would be a win for Izzy and Sam, who would have cousins/aunts/uncles to play with.  And it's no longer JUST a punitive measure as JoeKen now live on the compound too, so they could all save face.  

On 8/8/2018 at 3:18 PM, justoneoftwo said:

Sure, kids get picky, but Izzy is 3 right?  If he were exposed to things he would learn to like them (probably, but at least trying it wouldn't hurt).  It doesn't seem like he has suddenly become picky, more like they don't think little kids can like a variety of foods, and they can, we just don't give it to them to try often.

People were losing their shit because OMG they were torturing him by feeding him (I believe it was ) Indian food. Like saying abuse losing their shit.

So back to TTC type of food it went.

I can see them building a home on the compound like JoKen.  Derick is going to be in school for 3 years. I wonder if he’s going to make Jill work.

6 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I agree. I'm an attorney so I'll put in my two cents and just say you don't even necessarily have to be smart to become an attorney. Stupid people can indeed make it through law school, and with there being tons of crappy schools that are out there just to get money and churn out degrees, they have plenty of opportunity to do so. And then after like 3 attempts at the bar exam they'll eventually pass. I work with a girl that is so unfathomably dopey that it shocks me even though I knew all of the above to be true before meeting her. 

That being said I don't really put Wreck in this category and think his issues pertaining to personality, work ethic, and clingy Jill will be the big problems.

I think you’ll find idiots in every field and you’ll wonder how the hell they made it through school. It’s kinda scary. There are idiot doctors, idiot engineers, idiot lawyers, etc etc

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Derick squandered the last of their TLC money on his year-long $12,000 Vacation Bible School. 

LOL!

On the office lunch commenters - God, some people are assholes.

On spaghetti squash, try it sautéed with sausage and kale. (Obviously, precook the squash.)

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Wait can someone please explain to me why the salad dressing recipe is "horrifying"? (as Fox News calls it) It's a bit of a strange mix of flavors but certainly not the worst thing she's posted, and at least salad is healthy.

The salt content is excessive, but it's salad dressing... you only use a tablespoon or two for a gigantic bowl of veg, so I think it's a bit silly.  The article isn't really about the dressing - it's more about her generally bad cooking skills.  They also talked about her awful enchilada and cinnamon toast recipes.  

54 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I think you’ll find idiots in every field and you’ll wonder how the hell they made it through school. It’s kinda scary. There are idiot doctors, idiot engineers, idiot lawyers, etc etc

My mom can vouch for this. She's a nurse and complains about how idiotic some of the doctors she knows at work are. Reality is, people don't always have to be very smart to get through school. They just have to be smart enough to follow directions and know certain content.

51 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

LOL!

On the office lunch commenters - God, some people are assholes.

On spaghetti squash, try it sautéed with sausage and kale. (Obviously, precook the squash.)

Yum! Haven’t tried it w/sausage yet, but I almost always put some sort of greens in there and I LOVE kale. I’ll be trying that soon, thanks!

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Loans.  That's really the only answer I can come up with.  Unless the Bank of Duggar is doing better than would be suggested by their attempt to sell a CD featuring the Lost Girls and JB is willing to support the Dillards in this endeavor.  Or unless Derick is a bald face liar who secretly had tons of money in the bank while tweeting about volunteering on TLC.  To be fair, that's really not out of the realm of possibilities.  

They'll almost certainly try to grift some of it too, of course, but they've never had much success with that.  

I wonder if they'll move back to the compound.  They really could use a low-cost living situation, and that's probably their best option.  It would be a win for JB, who could exert increased control over Derick to prevent him from going rogue again.  It would be a win for Jill, who I think prefers to be as close to her family as humanly possible and probably sees this as an ideal arrangement.  It would be a win for Derick because he would be able to make sure his family has a roof over their heads without all the stress of "working a job for money".  It would be a win for Izzy and Sam, who would have cousins/aunts/uncles to play with.  And it's no longer JUST a punitive measure as JoeKen now live on the compound too, so they could all save face.  

Where are they living now that pretend mission school is over? They were living in a church owned place, right?  

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I wonder if they'll move back to the compound.  They really could use a low-cost living situation, and that's probably their best option.

I'm inclined to agree, though they'd need to get out of the way during filming.  But Jill and the kids would have company while Derick tries to fathom concepts like equal rights.

The Faux News article is mostly criticizing Jill’s Voeller Salad Dressing as too high-sodium. Maybe it is, but eating salad with some high-sodium dressing is still better for you than eating processed foods. Anyway, the Duggars have been sharing that recipe for years. Jill must wonder why things that are fine for her parents are criticized when she does them.

Here’s my BEC comment about the recipe. It says “Note: Blending all ingredients in the blender helps them not separate quite as distinctly later, providing a better taste overall.” The word you’re grasping for here is “emulsify,” Jill.

44 minutes ago, agentshade said:

My mom can vouch for this. She's a nurse and complains about how idiotic some of the doctors she knows at work are. Reality is, people don't always have to be very smart to get through school. They just have to be smart enough to follow directions and know certain content.

Yeah. My brother’s ex still managed to get herself called doctor despite repeating a year of medical school. Isn’t that scary? 

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Yeah. My brother’s ex still managed to get herself called doctor despite repeating a year of medical school. Isn’t that scary? 

Meh, she in particular might be a bad doctor, but plenty of good doctors struggled in medical school for one reason or another.

Just now, Rachel333 said:

Meh, she in particular might be a bad doctor, but plenty of good doctors struggled in medical school for one reason or another.

True. She also didn’t even try that hard, which is why I judge her more harshly. She just wanted to become a doctor with minimal effort.

I also judge her because she’s a terrible soulless human being...

2 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

People were losing their shit because OMG they were torturing him by feeding him (I believe it was ) Indian food. Like saying abuse losing their shit.

So back to TTC type of food it went.

That would mean the entire Indian subcontinent is abusing their children? I am so confused. People, man. 

3 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I used to be a firefighter too!!!!  (and an EMT) 

I never was a firefighter - just a lowly admin person :D

but it was the best place to be ever 

stand down 

i had a nickname...what was yours ....apparently if you get one it's huge yes ? 

mine was 

wait for it 

nasty - apparently the opposite of who you are so that could be good :D

WARNING-- this is long.
Is what we have here my failure to communicate? Jill as mommy blogger, food blogger and stealing-other-peoples-pics-to-show-food-in-the-most-disgusting-way blogger is something I think I've said I find appalling on many levels.
My comments about "food shaming" wasn't about Jillymuffins gagfest, but the other comments-, and I paraphraseare canned potatoes really a thing? Canned green beans are the most disgusting things ever. How lazy do you have to be to not chop up some fresh veggies? and on and on>
I took stock of my pantry today just for this reason.
Pantry: cans of different kinds of beans, chickpeas, refried beans, corn, beets (I actually like canned beets, although I don't confuse them with fresh beets), water chestnuts, corn flakes, whole-grain honey cereal, some brand of nutribars, commercial pasta in various shapes and forms. Seasoned greens. White rice--short grain and basmati-- and brown rice. Dried beans. 
Freezer: The one brand of actual vegetarian nonfood (see Michael Pollan) I buy--fake chicken cutlets, fake chicken tenders, fake ground beef, fake crab cakes, frozen blueberries, froze mango, frozen strawberries, frozen banana (those I froze myself), frozen mix fruit. Artichoke centers.  Blocks of frozen spinach.
Fridge--leftover stuff I should have known better about. Commercially prepared yogurt or yogurt-like substances, and a yogurt drink I forgot about. 
Fresh stuff--when I could get access I was so happy. For the past two days have been enjoying the wonders of sweet nectarines. And no way I'll walk 2 miles waiting for a bus, take it across town, to the best shop (except here there actually isn't one), wait another hour or so for the bus back, and start peeling carrots before I have to go to work tomorrow.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived