IGNORED

Dullards 63: Law School Participation Trophy

VaSportsMom

But when we first met Derick he was in Nepal, where he had been for I think two years almost prior to when he started talking to Jill. He had sought out the Boob to be a prayer partner specific to his mission in Nepal. He didnt get the job at Walmart until he moved back to the states while pursuing his relationship with Jill. Sure the idea to go to Nepal might have been spurred by his fathers passing but it was already in motion when he started talking to JB let alone pursuing anything with Jill.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

But when we first met Derick he was in Nepal, where he had been for I think two years almost prior to when he started talking to Jill. He had sought out the Boob to be a prayer partner specific to his mission in Nepal. He didnt get the job at Walmart until he moved back to the states while pursuing his relationship with Jill. Sure the idea to go to Nepal might have been spurred by his fathers passing but it was already in motion when he started talking to JB let alone pursuing anything with Jill.

It's just my opinion, but I think the prayer partner was also code for "financial contributor" to the cause. Many of these "missions" also require the participant to get financial backing via donors. I think JB was contacted for a donation...I could be wrong, but the "prayer partner" just seems like a code for $$$$$$$ provider.

21 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Jill wins for phtobombing her own shots for sure.

The first thing I thought of when I saw that picture is WHY?? Why the fuck does she have to put herself in every fucking picture? You want to take a picture of your sad little sweet potato "fries"? Whatever. But why do YOU have to be in it with that surprised look on your face? Why? Did you surprise yourself by taking your own picture? Seriously?! WTF? It's gotta be a Jill thing! 

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe not - but do you know how many people ask my husband if he knows the Queen of England? Just because he's from England... Derick may see that the same way - "Oh look! A (sinning) transgender person - they must know Jazz."  

Ah, yes - I hadn’t grasped that we were discussing gender-nonconforming classmates. Frankly, I would expect him to say worse.

38 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Ah, yes - I hadn’t grasped that we were discussing gender-nonconforming classmates. Frankly, I would expect him to say worse.

As would I.  This asshole came up to a former roommate of mine in college and said "Are you a tranny?".  According to her, she would have brushed this off as him not understanding that it was offensive if he just dropped it. Unfortunately he kept probing her, asking things like "what's your real name", "what do you actually have between your legs" (seriously though, who thinks this is appropriate to ask anyone, let alone a stranger) until her boyfriend told him to GTFO.  

I could see Derick being like that.  Maybe with some of his trademark incredibly see-through double speak.

well we know where this law school thing is going Derick posting to IG acting like he's five and has to document every little thing. 

5 minutes ago, karen77 said:

They have lockers?

I'm a PhD student and we have lockers in our Doc Study. I don't think mine has anything in it right now since I'm rarely my academic unit's building anymore, given that I work in a different building and am at the dissertation stage, but if I'd had one while working on my Master's when I was spending all day in the building except for times like lunch it would have been really useful. They're not just for high schoolers!

He is sooooo the perpetual student. He knows how long it's been since he has had a locker? I can barely remember yesterday....lol

We didn’t have lockers but I had a car so I just dumped everything in there. It’s not like you used every book every day. I wonder if the picture of Derrick in class was taken the first day when they had to dress up because no law school class is that well dressed on a regular day.

I also wonder if the group picture is just from one section and not the whole first year class. It seems like a small class for such a big school. We had three full time first year class sections (section A, B and C) of about 100 each and a part-time class of first years of maybe 75, so we always had about 375 first years. For us, each section stayed together for the entire first year. So since I was Section A, I knew what everyone in my section was doing. I hope Derrick knows he will spend most of his day with this group and they will likely gossip about everything like we did. 

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well we know where this law school thing is going Derick posting to IG acting like he's five and has to document every little thing. 

What a shit eating expression on his face. Ew.

2 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What a shit eating expression on his face. Ew.

It made me think of a little kid being like Hey mom take my picture. which is another reason he made think of a five year old. 

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

He is sooooo the perpetual student. He knows how long it's been since he has had a locker? I can barely remember yesterday....lol

I had the best locker in grade 12 :) 1989-90

right near the library with a view 

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

How long ago did he have the jaw surgery?  I'm surprised to see his teeth still so off-center.  Wonder if he sent a copy of the photo to the oral surgeon.

I'm hoping to see one or more of Derick's classmates share their impressions of him.

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

How long ago did he have the jaw surgery?  I'm surprised to see his teeth still so off-center.  Wonder if he sent a copy of the photo to the oral surgeon.

I'm hoping to see one or more of Derick's classmates share their impressions of him.

I think it was around the time Izzy was born that he did all of that. 

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

When we find their tweets, it will be a goldmine.  

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Honestly, the surgery made his jawline way less centered. Not sure why his palatal expansion seems to have been so oddly aligned, but it had a huge impact on the (lack of) symmetry of his face.

I've attempted to do a comparison of his jaw line from before and after the surgery. I had a hard time finding good, front on pictures of Derick that I could use at a decent resolution, and with comparable head tilts, but I tried my best. I drew lines between the bridge of Derick's nose and the cleft of his chin to show how the alignment of his teeth and lower jaw changed as a result of the surgery.

646271691_DerickJaw.thumb.PNG.8b1d1fe8179b586f63b82fbf3287e22a.PNG

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I also wonder if the group picture is just from one section and not the whole first year class. It seems like a small class for such a big school. We had three full time first year class sections (section A, B and C) of about 100 each and a part-time class of first years of maybe 75, so we always had about 375 first years. For us, each section stayed together for the entire first year. So since I was Section A, I knew what everyone in my section was doing. I hope Derrick knows he will spend most of his day with this group and they will likely gossip about everything like we did. 

According to the Wikipedia entry for the UoA School of Law, the total enrollment for the program across all years was around 410 in Fall 2012. It may have grown since then, but I doubt it has changed hugely over 6 years. So I think those pictures actually are of the entire 1L cohort. Lots of chances for everyone to know everyone else's business for the next several years that way.

These two just keep being the most awkward I feel like I am being trolled sometimes. Dwreck if you wanted a locker so bad just join a gym. Maybe they can get a set of lockers for the house now that Jill has started Izzy out with some learning books. Have a locker for each of her three boys and tell Derick he can decorate his howver he wants. 

3 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

These two just keep being the most awkward I feel like I am being trolled sometimes. Dwreck if you wanted a locker so bad just join a gym. Maybe they can get a set of lockers for the house now that Jill has started Izzy out with some learning books. Have a locker for each of her three boys and tell Derick he can decorate his howver he wants. 

Yes Jill can Ask Sierra how she got hers. for those who don't know Sierra got a set of lockers for her kids awhile back and posted all about it on her instagram. 

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

I've attempted to do a comparison of his jaw line from before and after the surgery.

His jaw line is the least of our worries.  

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yes Jill can Ask Sierra how she got hers. for those who don't know Sierra got a set of lockers for her kids awhile back and posted all about it on her instagram.  

The Duggars have their own set of lockers. Jill grew up with having a locker in her own home for her special stuff (like candy).

4 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Not to defend him, but he graduated high school eleven years ago. I think most people can remember how long it’s been since then with maybe a few seconds of quick math. 

4 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Derick reminds me of Dennis Reynolds from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He peaked in high school/college, but to hear it from him: "I haven't even BEGUN to peak. And when I do peak, you'll know. Because I'm gonna peak so hard, that everyone in Philadelphia's gonna feel it." 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived