IGNORED

Dullards 63: Law School Participation Trophy

VaSportsMom

I really hope some of his classmates saw him take this selfie and got a good chuckle out of it. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll admit I’m pretty curious about this....I’ve always wondered about how fundies explain sex

11635337-F7D0-4A51-9BDA-A6278E28E65C.png

Edit: jill posted the back of the book with the description and it’s exactly what I imagined

CD10541E-0441-4767-8330-363366ED3987.jpeg.d5459b2007661edf181004fbd4d51784.jpeg

13 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ll admit I’m pretty curious about this....I’ve always wondered about how fundies explain sex

Edit: jill posted the back of the book with the description and it’s exactly what I imagined

Just went to the family resorce section to see what was up with this. here what is says. 

“God’s Design for Sex” series

From their earliest years, children are bombarded by destructive, false messages about the nature of sexual intimacy. As parents, we are to be the primary sex educators of our kids. First messages are the most powerful; why wait until your child hears the wrong thing and then try to correct the misunderstanding? It’s never too early to begin giving your child a practical understanding of his or her unique, beautiful body and why God designed it to be exactly the way it is. The four-book “God’s Design for Sex” series helps parents discuss God’s design for sex with their children with age-appropriate language and illustrations. Each book is designed to be read for specific age groups beginning with age 3 and continuing into the teenage years.

52 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So meets the fundie criteria:

*homophobic -- check!

*transphobic -- check!

*introduce the idea that your parents are in charge of your sexuality/gender/body -- check!

I wonder at what age they introduce the legos. *can't roll my eyes hard enough*

So then God designed intersex people exactly as they are, right? Right, Jill?

Seriously, I always wonder what various fundies would do if they had an intersex child. It's not as uncommon as people think.

Sigh.  I used to take my kid's photo every first day of school from kindergarten to 6th grade. I almost didn't get on for 6th as she gave me an "oh fuck no" face. Then she quit letting me even try.  I'm going to have to sneak into her room on her first day of high school.  Umm no t hat is just disturbing.

I'll tell you what else is disturbing.  A grown man posing like some pre-k little boy. Maybe I should hunt up my daughter's old Hello Kitty lunch bag from when she was five.

My parents took a first day of law school photo.  Maybe I'm just weird but it was fun and  funny.  I'm not sure Ofjill thinks its for fun and funny though . . . 

The comments on the picture of the sex ed book are ripping her apart. Why does Jill do this?

Is this an endorsement of some kind? 

20 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How long ago did he have the jaw surgery?  I'm surprised to see his teeth still so off-center.  Wonder if he sent a copy of the photo to the oral surgeon.

I'm hoping to see one or more of Derick's classmates share their impressions of him.

Maybe he wants to be a lawyer so he can sue the surgeon 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Who wants to take one for the team and read this book?

NOT IT

Edit: I hope Izzy does that little kid thing wher he runs around repeating the new things he learned. Just because of how scandalized Jill and Derdick would be. Most parents might laugh and tell their child, “No, you can’t shout “penis” in public.” Just imagine Michelle’s face.

At least they're trying.

And it talks about proper names for body parts.

For me that's a big deal.  Small children being able to say penis, vagina etc especially if something happens.

Of all the concerns that a parent of a 1 and 3 YO have to worry about, THIS is what the D's are focused on? Good Lord. How about the fact that their mother has the independence, strength and autonomy of a single celled organism...not an amoeba...it is far more creative and skilled. How about worrying about their speech, safety, health, nutrition, happiness??? How about role modeling hard work, grit, fortitude, perserverence? Bumbling fools, I tell you.

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

At least they're trying.

For me that's a big deal.  Small children being able to say penis, vagina etc especially if something happens.

that is the ONLY  good thing I see about this book. 

Goes to show how obsessed with sex these fundies really are. 3 year olds are not talking about this stuff on the playground. Jill doesn't have to worry about Izzy "hearing it somewhere else first." At that age all they need to know is that there are certain places that no one is allowed to touch, and if someone does, they need to tell their parents/teacher/other important adult.

Jill is also just so loopy to even post this. Even if she's trying to be like a really unsuccessful, bumbling version of a Fundie Influencer, in what universe would this be a well-received post? She's constantly being roasted in her instagram comments. I think she's so clueless that she didn't realize this would garner negativity. Is this part of the  Duggar Approved anti-Josh "safeguard" plan?

God, a lot of kids get interested in how babies are made when they're getting a(nother) sibling. I pray that this is not the case in this situation. 

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

God, a lot of kids get interested in how babies are made when they're getting a(nother) sibling. I pray that this is not the case in this situation. 

This is what I thought.  Although there are so many babies in their world they might not even think about how it happens, it just does all the time once a woman is married.  

“God’s Design for Sex” series

From their earliest years, children are bombarded by destructive, false messages about the nature of sexual intimacy. As parents, we are to be the primary sex educators of our kids. First messages are the most powerful; why wait until your child hears the wrong thing and then try to correct the misunderstanding? It’s never too early to begin giving your child a practical understanding of his or her unique, beautiful body and why God designed it to be exactly the way it is. The four-book “God’s Design for Sex” series helps parents discuss God’s design for sex with their children with age-appropriate language and illustrations. Each book is designed to be read for specific age groups beginning with age 3 and continuing into the teenage years.

Imagine being a teenager and having your parents read one of those books to you.  Holy intercourse.

Here's my version of sex-ed for fundie kids:

"These are your private parts.  You may only touch them when using the toilet or bathing.  No one beside your authorities and future spouse may otherwise touch them or see them.  If you disobey these rules, even once, you will encounter a life of misery followed by an eternity in Hell.  Satan is watching and waiting to tempt you.  The End."

37 minutes ago, imokit said:

At least they're trying.

I really hope by "proper names" they do mean the correct anatomical words and not some weird fundie-approved euphemisms. You never know with these people. But if they are teaching their kids the correct names for their genitalia that's at least something positive to come out of an otherwise horrifying book. 

Hey at least it is better than how the Maxwells explain abortion to little kids.  On her blog I think it was Sarah talked about telling little kids that some mommys who have a baby in their tummy do something to make the baby not alive anymore. 

Crazy shit. First off it is not the tummy, and I have using euphemisms.  Secondly no where do they teach children how the baby gets into the tummy uterus in the first place. 

I'll stop my rant now and go commune with Rufus in the prayer closet.

44 minutes ago, imokit said:

At least they're trying.

This says more political propaganda for early indoctrination than you need to know these anatomical parts for your safety.

Jill could easily teach Izzy the correct name of his parts without a book promoting the nuclear family model and rigid binary genders

I saw this thread being hot and thought the Dullards were expecting another “blessing”. Thank goodness it’s just them being clueless for now, 

28 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I really hope by "proper names" they do mean the correct anatomical words and not some weird fundie-approved euphemisms. You never know with these people. But if they are teaching their kids the correct names for their genitalia that's at least something positive to come out of an otherwise horrifying book. 

Same thought here.  Uterus is probably womb, etc. I cannot picture Michelle saying "vulva" or "penis."  Just cannot.  Makes me thing of Peggy Hill when she was going to have to teach a Sex Ed class:  Happenis!!

Yes, but.... What "someone else" is gonna be discussing sex with her 3 year old son? Where specifically do they think her sheltered, inadequately-homeschooled kids are going to hear about this? 

My first thought was WUT? Is she serious? And then hopefully it's not a) new baby or b) kids walking in on them. Gross, sorry. 

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Sigh.  I used to take my kid's photo every first day of school from kindergarten to 6th grade. I almost didn't get on for 6th as she gave me an "oh fuck no" face. Then she quit letting me even try.  I'm going to have to sneak into her room on her first day of high school.  Umm no t hat is just disturbing.

I'll tell you what else is disturbing.  A grown man posing like some pre-k little boy. Maybe I should hunt up my daughter's old Hello Kitty lunch bag from when she was five.

then when you find it - take a picture and post it for us.

2 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

The comments on the picture of the sex ed book are ripping her apart. Why does Jill do this?

Is this an endorsement of some kind? 

um - yes - this is jill we are speaking of 

I keep hearing the tune to "You Have to Be Carefully Taught" from South Pacific playing in my head. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived