IGNORED

Jill and Derwood 62: Law School Rumors and Boring Sam

Coconut Flan

15 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Are you meaning Malala the student activist?  I love her!

It was a reference to a line in Sasha Baron Cohen's new series: https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/sacha-baron-cohen-still-knows-how-to-punk-america-but-his-new-show-erodes-what-little-trust-we-have-left/2018/07/15/2ef45262-8784-11e8-8f6c-46cb43e3f306_story.html?utm_term=.7bfa09403de4

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Is that Jill? BECly speaking, she's looking exceptionally fundie in that pic.

... and pregnant maybe?

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Baking with low carb flours is tricky. I have made banana bread with coconut flour. It wasn't bad but I couldn't quite call it good. Pancakes made with coconut flour were ok enough that I would be fine to make them again. 

I occasionally make low carb pancakes, made with cream cheese, eggs, a bit of cinnamon and coconut flour.  They are more like crepes than pancakes, but good!  When I first got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and changed the way I ate, I tried various recipes with almond flour and coconut flour, but either didn't care for the taste or the texture of the finished product.  Too bad!  I've even made oopsie bread (mostly eggs and cream cheese again) a few times, but found it a bit too much effort for the results.  I've gradually gotten used to doing without a bread substitute.  So instead of having a tuna salad sandwich, I'll put down a bed of lettuce, then the tuna salad, top it with some sliced avocado and I'm good to go.  Same with a hamburger.  But every once in awhile, I indulge and have biscuits and gravy, because I've found nothing low carb to compare to that.  I have that as a birthday treat.

So, I have a few of those cream of crap - ish recipies, if crème fraiche counts as a crappy base. Thing is, they can and will look disgusting slapped on a paper plate with bad lightning and a bland background. However, presented in a semi deep nice looking plate which hides the edges, on a pretty surface with greenery or something in the background, maybe with a sprinkling of grated cheese or bread crumbs and good lightning, it will look like the easy meal comfort food it is. 

Do I bother with that on an everyday basis? No. But I do not photograph it and post it online to try to style myself as a food blogger either. 

Presentation is everything. 

Seeing Dreck's certificate reminds me that I need to do my annual online security exam before the end of the month--and print out the certificate!! 

PS I wonder how much Ben has spent total on accredited coursework from Moody so far, vs. Dreck's $12,000 "program"

I love the massive King Arthur baking encyclopedia, before I could afford it I would check it out again and again from the library! Since I grew up I don't make bread as often, since there's not enough people to eat it. I do like to take stuffed breads as appetizers or give a loaf of English Muffin bread as a hostess gift since it's been requested so many times at weekend trips. 

I'm sure they'll announce if he's a student once he's been and decided to stick with it or not.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Seeing Dreck's certificate reminds me that I need to do my annual online security exam before the end of the month--and print out the certificate!! 

PS I wonder how much Ben has spent total on accredited coursework from Moody so far, vs. Dreck's $12,000 "program"

and make sure you post it so we know you did it. but hide your real name :D

Ben told me he is not in debt at all

15 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

All this talk about certificates is making me REALLY yearn graduation! May 2019 come FASTER!

Congrats! I will graduate this December with my BSN! 

On 8/5/2018 at 2:37 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Given that JB is probably paying her way in the world and he's got at least a couple mil from pimping his kids out to reality television and his various real estate/car lot/whatever businesses, yeah. 

No way would she be considered upper middle class. Unless that definition has a totally different meaning down in Arkansas.

55 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

No way would she be considered upper middle class. Unless that definition has a totally different meaning down in Arkansas.

I was thinking the same thing. Daddy having money doesn't mean much in the Real World.

40 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I was thinking the same thing. Daddy having money doesn't mean much in the Real World.

Especially since there's no evidence that JimBob's providing a lavish income.  Jill's house, clothing, and food all seem quite modest.  

Found this randomly on the web today and I had to post it 

5FF1F418-90B6-4763-87A9-F2EE7D14C7FB.jpeg.61f545ad41477df1e3c2e3044b23c275.jpeg

Jill is one unseasoned pot roast away from me calling the police on her for crimes against cuisine.

Edited to say: I’m clearly not advocating for any violence against anyone, this random meme was just uncannily relevant. 

My younger brother has celiac disease and over the last ten years since he was diagnosed, my Mom has figured out how to make some delicious GF baked goods. Her GF banana bread recipe tastes almost the same as her usual recipe. I am thankful that eating gluten free is a trendy diet these days, it makes it so much easier to find him food that actually tastes good. It also makes going out to eat easier now too - a lot of restaurants in our area have a separate gluten free menu (look up Big Bowl, such amazing food!) or they mark it on their menu (one of our favorites is a local chain called Pizza Luce' that makes fabulous GF food). 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived