IGNORED

Jill and Derwood 62: Law School Rumors and Boring Sam

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Edhelfin said:

Would Jill be considered upper middle class, in terms of the (unofficial) American class system? I don't know much about it.

Given that JB is probably paying her way in the world and he's got at least a couple mil from pimping his kids out to reality television and his various real estate/car lot/whatever businesses, yeah. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know how to cook when I moved out of my parents' house either. As I've said before, my mom wasn't much of a cook, and what she did make was very basic. When she did try to teach me things, I just couldn't be bothered because it never interested me (still doesn't). 

My best friend's mom got me a cookbook as a wedding gift that I still have, to this day. She said she got it because she had read that inexperienced cooks do best with a limited number of ingredients - it is called "6 Ingredients Or Less" and it was a literal life-saver the first couple of years I was out on my own. Mine has a different cover (I think it was the first edition), but this is it:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JKPFBVY/

6 hours ago, Microbiome said:

Someone on reddit took one for the team and made the enchilada disaster. 

MasterChef Jill’s Sodium Enchilada Review (see comments)

sjc1v2dx15e11.jpg

I have a friend who makes enchiladas this way, minus the chills and the rice. It is soup and tortillas and DISGUSTING, and my craft group LOVES IT. They were talking about enchiladas and the gal who usually makes the goopy mess wasn't able to make them for a gathering so I said I would, I hadn't had hers yet so I had no idea.  So I made my chicken enchiladas, mine was corn tortillas, shredded chicken, greenchilies, cheddar cheese, enchilada sauce, sliced black olives and green onions, they were all "um what is that" I was like enchiladas, they said, Oh that isn't how we eat them. Now I realized why they didn't like them, they don't like enchiladas they like cheese soup and tortillas. I also noticed when we went out for Mexican they got chicken & cheese quesadillas with no peppers or onions, while I was ordering Tamales & Chile rellenos. 

I did ask them why they wanted to come out for Mexican food if they didn't like Mexican food. Turns out they just want chips & salsa and margaritas. 

Derelict got his diploma from Cross Church today. Apologies that I can't seem to copy the pics from the event, but his diploma, such as it is, can be purchased off the internet for a couple bucks. 

He paid $12 grand to receive, according to his pastor, his " license into the gospel ministry " "confirms and verifies" that God personally called Derelict to the ministry. Now, how this was confirmed and verfied is anyone's best guess. Do not confuse this with ordination. 

This certificate looks to be largely ceremonial. I can't seem to post the certificate itself, but it's nothing specifically conferred to Cross Church with his name printed on it. It's all boilerplate, fill in the blanks. 

5b677865a07b7_CountingOn.png.1c6cb44ad0d9637e2146f7b4679e5590.png

28 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have a friend who makes enchiladas this way, minus the chills and the rice. It is soup and tortillas and DISGUSTING, and my craft group LOVES IT. They were talking about enchiladas and the gal who usually makes the goopy mess wasn't able to make them for a gathering so I said I would, I hadn't had hers yet so I had no idea.  So I made my chicken enchiladas, mine was corn tortillas, shredded chicken, greenchilies, cheddar cheese, enchilada sauce, sliced black olives and green onions, they were all "um what is that" I was like enchiladas, they said, Oh that isn't how we eat them. Now I realized why they didn't like them, they don't like enchiladas they like cheese soup and tortillas. I also noticed when we went out for Mexican they got chicken & cheese quesadillas with no peppers or onions, while I was ordering Tamales & Chile rellenos. 

I did ask them why they wanted to come out for Mexican food if they didn't like Mexican food. Turns out they just want chips & salsa and margaritas. 

Oh my goodness, your craft group was so rude to say that to you. When someone puts in the effort to cook a meal, you eat and say "thank you." At least that's what I was taught. "That isn't how we eat them?" !!! wtf

I got a certificate like that when I was 13 and got confirmed in the Catholic Church. I know I'm a heathen but I didn't pay $12,000 for a useless certificate, so I have that going for me. 

I wonder where they will live now that Derrick has graduated from his course.  IIRC they are living in student housing, what happens next for them.  

Yeah, Jill's sad looking cream of chicken monstrosity doesn't deserve to be called enchiladas. In my experience, enchiladas have more colour and flavour to them. A couple of weeks ago my brother was in town and I had some delicious chicken ones with a spicy mole sauce and flaked Mexican style cheese on top.

I love Mexican food. Jill's salty canned crap recipe has Ugly American written all over it.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wonder where they will live now that Derrick has graduated from his course.  IIRC they are living in student housing, what happens next for them.  

Good question. They're living in Cross Church owned property. If he's really going to attend U of A Law, there's certainly some married student housing for them to live for the next 3 years. But with Jill blogging more of her messipes this past week, they don't seem in a hurry to move.

9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Jeremy's Grace Church seems to offer conversion counseling or w/e to LGBTQ people (his website used to feature a "testimony" from someone who quit ID'ing as gay after he got Jesus.) Paul Caldwell's church sent out tracts to the community about how sexual orientation is a myth. Both of those dudes are on the show allllllll the dang time.

Since you're specifically asking about endorsing discriminatory organizations, I guess there's Anna? Her pre-scandal twitter account is still up, and it's full of retweets from "ministries" like that.

I had looked at some of her older stuff (pre scandal) recently and wow you forget just how fucked up she is too. Taking away peoples rights to abortions  was her passion dontchya know! She only shut up because pot.kettle.black. She fucking deserves Joshua.

55 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Oh my goodness, your craft group was so rude to say that to you. When someone puts in the effort to cook a meal, you eat and say "thank you." At least that's what I was taught. "That isn't how we eat them?" !!! wtf

So many people seem to think it's okay to be rude, because they're "just being honest.".  I find that a good way to decide how much, if at all, I really want someone as a friend.

I still haven't gotten over how out of place Jill and Derrick looked in that mission trip photo with those college students. Is Derrick really still planning to minister to college students? Geez, Jill and Derrick are such ackward "ministers."

On 8/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Furthermore I want a statue of Harvey Milk as big as the statue  of Liberty placed in San Francisco Bay.  Right now!!!!

All I can think about is "My son, Harvey Milk..... and my daughter, Malala" 

LOL :)

#sorrynotsorry

Aim high, Derick *sarcasm*. That piece of paper will surely be a help to you. 

Unfortunately, people in their circle may give Derrick an A for effort because "he's in the ministry." In my time in fundagelical circles, there is so much you coast on, rest on your laurels on, under the title  of "ministry." 

30 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Unfortunately, people in their circle may give Derrick an A for effort because "he's in the ministry." In my time in fundagelical circles, there is so much you coast on, rest on your laurels on, under the title  of "ministry." 

Yes an A for effort; which is like a participation trophy, useless. :P That's basically what Derick got a $12,000 participation trophy. You tried! 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I got a certificate like that when I was 13 and got confirmed in the Catholic Church. I know I'm a heathen but I didn't pay $12,000 for a useless certificate, so I have that going for me. 

i got one like that for completing excel workshop like what 20 years ago :D

16 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

Classes at the University of Arkansas start tomorrow.

https://catalog.uark.edu/generalinfo/academiccalendar/

exciting ! quick someone stake it out for us and report back. 

What is he wearing, where is jill parked, does he have a tracking device ?? 

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes an A for effort; which is like a participation trophy, useless. :P That's basically what Derick got a $12,000 participation trophy. You tried! 

$12 grand you can go on a nice vacation, oh wait he already did. 

Drop the mic 

16 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

Classes at the University of Arkansas start tomorrow.

https://catalog.uark.edu/generalinfo/academiccalendar/

Calendar for the University of Arkansas Law School:  https://law.uark.edu/academics/academic-calendar.php

If Derick is attending the UA Law School this year, orientation is the week of August 13 - 17 and classes begin on August 20th.

FALL 2018

August 13-17

Law New Student Orientation (1 week)

August 20

Classes Begin

Those of you looking to make bread should try the book Flour Water Yeast Salt (or maybe the words are in a different order, I'm not sure).  Its amazing, tells you about why things work, and isn't that hard.  Yes you need a day when your at home but most of the time is not active, just waiting for it to rise or whatever.  

19 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Those of you looking to make bread should try the book Flour Water Yeast Salt (or maybe the words are in a different order, I'm not sure).  Its amazing, tells you about why things work, and isn't that hard.  Yes you need a day when your at home but most of the time is not active, just waiting for it to rise or whatever.  

I have not made bread in years, but when I was in college, I used to make it regularly.  For me, it's a very satisfying, soothing thing to do.  And I did find it easy.  You mix the yeast with warm water, gradually add the flour, bit of salt and melted butter, knead the dough, let it rise an hour, pound it down a bit and shape it into loaves and let it rise again, then you bake it.  

I now eat very low carb so my bread intake is practically nil.  I miss making bread though and I might make some once the cooler weather arrives, for my sisters.  

*I should say that bread using white flour is fairly easy to make.  It's when you want to make wheat bread, that it can be a little trickier.  At least, that's how I remember it.

Baking with low carb flours is tricky. I have made banana bread with coconut flour. It wasn't bad but I couldn't quite call it good. Pancakes made with coconut flour were ok enough that I would be fine to make them again. 

12 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

All I can think about is "My son, Harvey Milk..... and my daughter, Malala" 

LOL :)

#sorrynotsorry

Are you meaning Malala the student activist?  I love her!  In the early 70’s a young woman was sponsored by the church to come to Canada for a visit and she stayed with me for a few days.  She had the most beautiful bright green eyes.  We wanted her to stay but she went back because if she didn’t the taliban would have killed her family.

well the taliban killed her and her family anyway because they were Christian.

And that Dereck you dick is REAL persecution!

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived