IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What is the big deal about what the parents choose to dress their infant in?

Personally, I love pink/frilly/bows for baby girls. 

Strict Gender roles from birth and the fact that they want us to know girls are girls and boys are boys is far more important than the fact one baby is a few oz heavier than another.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really interested to see how Jinger handled labour and what she decided on. Out of all the girls she was the most visibly averse/irked by labour & delivery.

If anyone of them were to opt for an epidural, it would be her. 

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What is the big deal about what the parents choose to dress their infant in?

Personally, I love pink/frilly/bows for baby girls. 

Nothing's wrong with it, per se. It just strikes me as a touch over the top and gender emphasizing even if it is cute. She's less than a day old and she's all dressed up in frills, a head bow, and booties, which may not be very comfortable. Hopefully it's only for a little while and then back to/into comfy fabrics for her!

Perhaps their name theme will be virtues.

Glad she had it, the heat must have been awful for her.  Hopefully she has a nicer life growing up than her mother.

4 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

FREE FELICITY

can we change the website to this !!! I vote a yes 

now Felicity needs to meet a Ben and my life will be happy and they can marry in 18 years 

Bueller 

I want this to HAPPEN 

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To be fair, Jinger is the first Duggar daughter to have a girl. From what I know, boys are often born heavier than girls*. I don’t know how much bigger, I just remember reading that at some point.

*Speaking specifically of full-term and healthy infants. 

It looks like it's a matter of a few ounces. This weight chart has the 50% percentile being 7.8lbs for boys and 7.5lbs for girls, and this study cites a difference of 184g, which is 6.5oz/.4lbs.

Anecdotally, I was the biggest of my siblings at 9lb13oz, and wasn't Jessa the biggest Duggar baby?

Interesting. Wow; I think I'm one of, what, 6 so far who also first thought of Felicity King from Road to Avonlea? I wonder if they've ever heard of Road to Avonlea..........Well, being a firstborn female myself I can sort of relate to that character, but then again, Alec and Janet were never on her case to set a good example, or punish her for her younger siblings' screw-ups assuming they learned it from her. Okay, that WAS just a show, and not a reality show either! We'll see how they do.

I hate that they named the baby Felicity.  I've loved the name Felicity ever since I watched Good Neighbors  aka The Good Life.

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

TLC released this video about JInger and Jeremy talking about preparing for the birth. 

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/jinger-duggar-vuolo-and-husband-jeremy-prepare-for-their-first-baby/

Jinger seems so much more confident than she did around her family. You can really hear it in her voice. Their beliefs may still be messed up, but she does seem much happier than she did 1-2 years ago, and I think that's worth mentioning.

Yes, Jessa was largest.

My mother was 3rd born and  the heaviest.  I was first born my brother weighed more than me. 

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I hate that they named the baby Felicity.  I've loved the name Felicity ever since I watched Good Neighbors  aka The Good Life.

sorry you hate the name. Watch the show - you will fall in love with it.

If they named it Heisren or Gregor I would be upset 

1 minute ago, beepy13 said:

Jinger seems so much more confident than she did around her family. You can really hear it in her voice. Their beliefs may still be messed up, but she does seem much happier than she did 1-2 years ago, and I think that's worth mentioning.

I agree. Despite that video being scripted/rehearsed, they’re one of the least awkward couples to watch. Both have good public speaking skills. 

Please, please will a lurker join with the username FreeFecility.   She was born today into a cult,  let's work to to bring to light the dark practices and abuses of patriarchy and fundamentalism. 

Some day, maybe decades from now little Fecility can know we were cheering her on....from DAY ONE!

33 minutes ago, nst said:

wonderful news!!! what do they win Herv? 

Nothing lol! :) Just the sweet satisfaction that they are good guessers. I kinda wish someone got the name but eh! Can't get them all! 

15 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

She is SUPER pinked out in that picture, including those booties They're so fringy! Or are those even MORE bows? Ye gads! Yes, you've had a girl. Don't torment the poor thing! (I know, she probably only had them for the picture, but still!)

54660840_FelicityVuolo.PNG.335bc67d4040ba946ef33cb4c560455d.PNG

Some people pointed out on fb that felicity has a hospital band on her arm (the one she has right next to her face). At first I didn’t see it but if you zoom in it does look like it 

1 minute ago, nst said:

sorry you hate the name. Watch the show - you will fall in love with it.

If they named it Heisren or Gregor I would be upset 

I think she hates that a Duggar used the name and thus ruined it for her. I kind of felt the same way after Anna used Meredith and Jessa used Henry though I'm over it now, and love the names again. 

Love the name and it looks like Jinger had the first complication free delivery of the 1st baby for a Duggar daughter.  I was off by one day, almost had that baby on Jim Boob’s birthday. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Nothing lol! :) Just the sweet satisfaction that they are good guessers. I kinda wish someone got the name but eh! Can't get them all! 

I want them to win something

20 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So now, as far as we know, there are ZERO pregnant Duggars‽‽‽‽‽?‽‽‽?

As far as we know, no pregnant Duggars, but Jessa, Jill, Lauren, Joy or Anna all could be pregnant.

3 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Please, please will a lurker join with the username FreeFecility.   She was born today into a cult,  let's work to to bring to light the dark practices and abuses of patriarchy and fundamentalism. 

Some day, maybe decades from now little Fecility can know we were cheering her on....from DAY ONE!

yes someone use the new name FreeFelciity!!

I need another laugh 

Just now, frugalitymom said:

Love the name and it looks like Jinger had the first complication free delivery of the 1st baby for a Duggar daughter.  I was off by one day, almost had that baby on Jim Boob’s birthday. 

Now he's got a grandbaby two days before his birthday and one day after. thankfully no poor baby has to share their birthday with him yet and the Duggars still don't have any shared birthday's in the family surprisingly well the bates have a ton. 

1 minute ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

As far as we know, no pregnant Duggars, but Jessa, Jill, Lauren, Joy or Anna all could be pregnant.

so i can't share jessa's news 

that she ate a piece of cake 

6 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Interesting. Wow; I think I'm one of, what, 6 so far who also first thought of Felicity King from Road to Avonlea? I wonder if they've ever heard of Road to Avonlea..........Well, being a firstborn female myself I can sort of relate to that character, but then again, Alec and Janet were never on her case to set a good example, or punish her for her younger siblings' screw-ups assuming they learned it from her. Okay, that WAS just a show, and not a reality show either! We'll see how they do.

Felicity was almost as bad as Nellie Olsen for awhile and not a particularly nice person for the majority of the show. They were very very permissive parents with her.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived