IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

This woman has to be on FJ!:5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance: her face is priceless.

CDE65E49-AAB4-447C-832F-8B8EE4AEE3A3.jpeg

Shes thinking: “Why the hell are these grown women taking pictures of themselves shopping for school supplies?”

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ellie has engaged in sinful ativities, and outside of the Holy Matrimony!

Did Ellie and her Polish paramour have a godly no-touch courtship before filling her quiver for the Lord? 

That's a lot of money for a puppy. Hope it stays in Sarah's account and doesn't magically go into Steve's. 

Breeding her may also have been a requirement in order for her to get a pet. It's something that makes money rather than purely to bring joy. More acceptable on the Fathership. 

8 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Well they couldn’t fix her! 

I had no idea they bred that dog.  I am sort of surprised, but I don’t know why.  The hypocrisy of all of the things they do means it shouldn’t surprise me.  

And I mean... I assume these are “pure bred” puppies and they didn’t just let her out to peruse the neighborhood and let God do his magic. 

Wait, I have more...

From her page...

1) “The second one for a female will get place number two in line and so on. The $300 deposit is non-refundable. If there aren’t enough females or males based on how many have been asked for, we’ll refund your deposit.”

Does she not know the definition of “non refundable”?

2) “Another thing that sets us apart is we don’t require a puppy application. Since you’re investing in a puppy of this caliber, I feel you will properly take care of your dog.”

So you care whether people know where they’re going when they die, but you don’t care where innocent puppies go?

I'm kind of surprised about them breeding Ellie, too.

I just assumed she was a pet, rather than a way to make money.

I wonder what cut the owners of Ellie's baby daddy (babies daddy?) will get from the sale of these puppies?

ETA, Good eye, @SPHASH

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

My question is, does Sarah know what breeding entails or did mom and dad shelter her from that information? If she knows, do you think she's been able to put two and two together and figure out how human reproduction works?

16 minutes ago, Dru said:

My question is, does Sarah know what breeding entails or did mom and dad shelter her from that information? If she knows, do you think she's been able to put two and two together and figure out how human reproduction works?

It’s similar.  With humans, your owners ask lots and lots of questions of the suitor and his owners.  The owners set a specific day/time to share sweet moments. Wahlah. Babies. 

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Goofy Anna and Scary Mary take Abby and Bethy shopping for OCC.  At least they are buying practical things like school supplies and not tools.

I'm happy to see that they let Anna learn how to drive. Didn't they say some years ago that Sarah learned out of necessity but they would let the younger girls' future husbands decide if they should learn to drive? Or am I thinking of some other nutjob fundies?

So Ellie got a little loving. Assuming Sarah paid the same price she is charging at the moment. Dang, those Moody books must be NY Times best sellers. Never thought Steve would agree to such an investment.

I looked up the gestation for dogs and am confused.  

Gestation is approximately 63 days.  On April 6 of this year, she first posts on that site that her dog is going to have puppies in the summer.  That puts the due date early June.  So why does she also say “late summer/early fall”?

Im not familiar with dog breeding. Is it common to say the first part before the dogs even shared a sweet moment?  Or is it likely that Ellie miscarried (And was re-bred) and in typical Maxwell fashion, that’s not mentioned at all... maybe it’s not good to show the mom had an unsuccessful litter?

The puppies stay with the mother for at least 8 weeks, so that would make them ready in late summer or early fall.

Or they're trying to see how many down payments on puppies they can get before purchasing sweet fellowship from a male dog. 

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The puppies stay with the mother for at least 8 weeks, so that would make them ready in late summer or early fall.

You’re so right. I went back—she says, “We expect Ellie’s litter to arrive late summer or early fall, which means puppies will be ready to go to their forever homes in November depending on when they’re born. Ellie’s pictured above at 8 weeks and her puppies will look very similar.”

But she first announces the litter April 6.

7 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

You’re so right. I went back—she says, “We expect Ellie’s litter to arrive late summer or early fall, which means puppies will be ready to go to their forever homes in November depending on when they’re born. Ellie’s pictured above at 8 weeks and her puppies will look very similar.”

But she first announces the litter April 6.

Maybe they had a doggy date in the works? Like the other dog could only travel July 4th weekend. Sarah put on some Barry White and turned the lights down low. She put a bit of peanut butter on their ears and the 4th of July fireworks began.

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they had a doggy date in the works? Like the other dog could only travel July 4th weekend. Sarah put on some Barry White and turned the lights down low. She put a bit of peanut butter on their ears and the 4th of July fireworks began.

Ah yes, maybe.  I read another page that said, “Ellie’s mom was imported from Serbia. The male who will be the Sire to Ellie’s puppies is from Poland”

So I guess she made this whole page before they’d even bred.  

The whole dog breeding culture is something foreign to me... it seemed weird she’d start a page before there were even puppies made, but maybe not. 

I'm oddly weirded out by the dog breeding. I always thought breeding was something that should be saved for professionals, not done with a family pet. Breeding can cause issues, so why would you subject a beloved family dog to that?

This is just me rambling...I feel squicky about them breeding Ellie and don't really know why.

I find it a little weird to make money off a pet having babies.  It’s always been weird to me (and maybe because growing up we always had cats, and they were cats that usually wandered to our house).

I struggle internally a little because somehow I’m not weirded out eating chicken eggs. Maybe that’s because they lay everyday and it doesn’t seem as a significant effort (not that it isn’t, I even buy the marked-down eggs with a few broken so they don’t get thrown away).  

Somehow it feels weird to make 1800 on your dog’s work.  And I guess breeders will point out there is vet care and paperwork... and maybe shots.  But if shelters can have adoption fees of like $200 to cover vetting, shots, microchip, spaying/neutering... why is it 1800 for less (no fixing and I’m guessing no microchipping).  It’s mostly profit that is for the owners.

If you are breeding because you love the breed and you want to share the breed with others, you SHOULD be breeding in the correct way. Which means you probably won’t make much money. You have to pay the other dog owner for them to mate. You also have to pay the vet bills for momma and babies. They need check ups and shots. Then you need to pay for the extra food momma will be eating while pregnant and nursing. You will also need to feed the puppies food when you wean them. All this adds up. You may even include the initial cost of Ellie into the mix, but I understand if people don’t. I believe registering them may also cost some money.

31 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I'm oddly weirded out by the dog breeding. I always thought breeding was something that should be saved for professionals, not done with a family pet. Breeding can cause issues, so why would you subject a beloved family dog to that?

This is just me rambling...I feel squicky about them breeding Ellie and don't really know why.

It depends. Some reputable breeders require those that buy from them to keep the dogs open for breeding later. That could have happened with Ellie and her breeder. 

I do agree, there needs to caution to it all, but it still can be done with a family pet, so long as there's proper documentation. It just depends on the individual dog's health, it's breed, and it's pedigree. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived