IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

I can’t believe she’s embarking on this insanity—a Christ-assisted birth with all of her children present and NO medical care throughout the entire pregnancy. Her births seem to have been complicated as well. 
I am glad to hear that her husband was around. Reddit didn’t have info about that.

Here’s hoping someone does the right thing by seeking medical intervention if necessary. And that her poor children won’t be too traumatized by her series of poor actions and her husband’s total inaction. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

We will see if she's still wanting to dance in a few more hours...

Spoiler alert: she won’t.

• Haha 5

Someone just posted on FB that she had the baby at 10.08 pm....

I hope everything is ok with both of them....

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I certainly didn’t want anything to go seriously wrong, but I also didn’t want it to be so smooth that it served as some sort of goal for her followers.  I hope that makes sense. 

She posted some photos and I can’t figure out wtf is floating in what appears to be the bath.  It looks like a lot more than regular meconium.  Please don’t tell me she put a whole bunch of potpourri or some shit and then got in and had a baby in that. 

• Upvote 5

That looks like hell of a lot of parculated meconium in the bath!!!!. As a midwife I'm extremely worried. That baby would of needed continuous monitoring throughout labour and with the trust I work with (uk) baby would need 2 hourly observations for the next 48 hours!!!

This complete lack of responsibility is frightening to me

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

That looks like hell of a lot of parculated meconium in the bath!!!!. As a midwife I'm extremely worried. That baby would of needed continuous monitoring throughout labour and with the trust I work with (uk) baby would need 2 hourly observations for the next 48 hours!!!

This complete lack of responsibility is frightening to me

That’s what I thought... My kid was on my lap when I saw that photo, and I gasped. She asked why.  I screen shot the photo and blew it up to get a better look, and explained what meconium was and why it was bad if that was all meconium.  I was hoping it wasn’t, because it is SO MUCH.  But I came to the conclusion that regardless, whatever that is.... yikes yikes. 

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

And let me tell you, this baby boy has to be the absolute best baby I have ever met. I actually still haven't heard him cry.

She posted this on her photography page a year ago.  What a weirdo.  So babies that cry are bad?

Incidentally, this is the same baby who she prayed over that the mother's IUD would fall out.  Kinda surprised Karissa didn't offer to pull it out herself.

• Haha 2

Update. So I went back and looked.  The last photo she posted almost looks like that was after birth (but first I’ve posted below).  When she’s in the bath, the baby already has a hat on (second photo I’ve posted). It looks like someone is handing her the baby. So I’m wondering if she had the baby first and then got into the bath with the baby (maybe some sort of bullshit scented bath with stuff in the water?). 

Spoiler

A7715203-E812-47CC-9EA1-41CC95777556.thumb.png.7b7a3304fbb939257e7755408f414172.png32AD6EE9-652C-4B4E-B5E2-42E194E1C805.thumb.png.877bc998397846748a27cbc2840ece5d.png

Edited by OhNoNike
Fixed spoiler
  • Disgust 3

I’m pretty sure it’s an herbal bath. But there’s a shit ton of herbs in it. It’s just a crunchy thing that homebirth folks do now. Instead of actual medical care, they do herbal baths and lots of other woo like vag steams. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure it’s an herbal bath. But there’s a shit ton of herbs in it. It’s just a crunchy thing that homebirth folks do now. Instead of actual medical care, they do herbal baths and lots of other woo like vag steams. 

That’s what it seems. Yikes. I wouldn’t put anything but water near my freshly birthed vagina.  I had two vaginal births with minimal (the first) to no (second) collateral damage, and there is no freaking way I’d want dead flower water there.  Also newbies are so slippery; I’d worry about the baby falling in the water and choking on something.  (Yes I’m aware drawing is an issue too, but you can pull them out quickly and if there is flower crap in there... shudder).

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

That’s what it seems. Yikes. I wouldn’t put anything but water near my freshly birthed vagina.  I had two vaginal births with minimal (the first) to no (second) collateral damage, and there is no freaking way I’d want dead flower water there.  Also newbies are so slippery; I’d worry about the baby falling in the water and choking on something.  (Yes I’m aware drawing is an issue too, but you can pull them out quickly and if there is flower crap in there... shudder).

Did you mean drowning? Babies up to about 6 months instinctively hold their breath under water. 

2 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Did you mean drowning? Babies up to about 6 months instinctively hold their breath under water. 

I did mean drowning. I couldn’t edit the post by the time I realized since it had been too long. I’d forgotten about that, thanks. But I still wouldn’t want my just born baby in a sea of who knows what. (I realize people give birth in many situations, but call me crazy, I think whatever they may be tempted to add to water may not be the best.  

She posted her birth story and she didn’t give birth in the bath, but got into a sitz bath afterwards.  So at least that wasn’t meconium. 

she also confirmed she had NO prenatal care at all.  3D sonograms and that was it   ?

This part of the story made me laugh.  A bit contradictory.  

Spoiler

D4D8C0AC-475E-436F-8E80-433E8D3578F6.thumb.jpeg.ca53d2c18b75ba4eea0babda57325cd7.jpeg9B29E71E-0A94-4412-B4DB-9AAD8A95CC03.thumb.jpeg.ec8bf8a619fe3c2d976f2b670101f5a8.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I did mean drowning. I couldn’t edit the post by the time I realized since it had been too long. I’d forgotten about that, thanks. But I still wouldn’t want my just born baby in a sea of who knows what. (I realize people give birth in many situations, but call me crazy, I think whatever they may be tempted to add to water may not be the best.  

She posted her birth story and she didn’t give birth in the bath, but got into a sitz bath afterwards.  So at least that wasn’t meconium. 

she also confirmed she had NO prenatal care at all.  3D sonograms and that was it   ?

This part of the story made me laugh.  A bit contradictory.  

Hide contents

D4D8C0AC-475E-436F-8E80-433E8D3578F6.thumb.jpeg.ca53d2c18b75ba4eea0babda57325cd7.jpeg9B29E71E-0A94-4412-B4DB-9AAD8A95CC03.thumb.jpeg.ec8bf8a619fe3c2d976f2b670101f5a8.jpeg

I totally agree with not wanting my baby in that sea of miscellaneous what have you! And all your other points too. ?

59 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I totally agree with not wanting my baby in that sea of miscellaneous what have you! And all your other points too. ?

I am that person who sees what I typed and then has 100 edits, haha.  My “I forgot that, thanks” was with regards to babies having that natural ability to hold their breath.  That was a good point.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Glad they are doing well. Any predictions on when her next announcement will be? I'm guessing before summer. Her husband seems happy when the baby comes but I got a feeling he's not totally on board with her having a baby every year for the next couple of years.

21 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Glad they are doing well. Any predictions on when her next announcement will be? I'm guessing before summer. Her husband seems happy when the baby comes but I got a feeling he's not totally on board with her having a baby every year for the next couple of years.

So I went on a Karissa rabbit hole for the first time and saw a video with her "testimony" where she explained a few years ago they were having a baby every year and her husband wanted her to either use birth control (which she tried and then decide to stop) or for him to get a vasectomy. He almost did but then changed his mind and jumped on the quiverful bus. Maybe this is old news to everyone else on this thread but I never knew much about them.

How old is she? I don't have an accurate guess from pictures. Wondering how many more child-bearing years she has.

• Upvote 3

On 1/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, OhNoNike said:

Update. So I went back and looked.  The last photo she posted almost looks like that was after birth (but first I’ve posted below).  When she’s in the bath, the baby already has a hat on (second photo I’ve posted). It looks like someone is handing her the baby. So I’m wondering if she had the baby first and then got into the bath with the baby (maybe some sort of bullshit scented bath with stuff in the water?). 

Hide contents

A7715203-E812-47CC-9EA1-41CC95777556.thumb.png.7b7a3304fbb939257e7755408f414172.png32AD6EE9-652C-4B4E-B5E2-42E194E1C805.thumb.png.877bc998397846748a27cbc2840ece5d.png

Um. Did they seriously put a gigantic bow on the baby while it was LITERALLY still attached to the placenta lest any observer harbor doubts about its sex?

Karissa is my least favorite fundie for a lot of reasons and I'm glad I stumbled upon her thread here. She is the wooooorst. I hope that baby is named something like Elizabeth or Sarah. I also hope she is healthy.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Um. Did they seriously put a gigantic bow on the baby while it was LITERALLY still attached to the placenta lest any observer harbor doubts about its sex?

Karissa is my least favorite fundie for a lot of reasons and I'm glad I stumbled upon her thread here. She is the wooooorst. I hope that baby is named something like Elizabeth or Sarah. I also hope she is healthy.

I’m surprised she didn’t put a bow on the placenta. You know, to make it prettier. 

• Haha 8

I don't know where the Redditors are seeing certain videos, but anyway, someone posted one of the kids farting around while Mandrae sits on his butt and the older boy is holding down a screaming youngun.  (That wasn't cool, although I didn't actually hear it because I couldn't get the sound to play).  So then someone said Mandrae shoved one of the kids away.  Okay, but he doesn't really.  Watch the video (wherever it is) and tell me what you think.  He has his legs up in a way that if a kid jumped on you it would hurt, and to me it looks like the kid comes towards him playfully, looking like she's about to jump on him, and then he puts out  a hand instinctively like he thinks she's going to, and she backs off.

Not that I'm trying to give this crappy family a pass, etc, but I really don't think he was pushing her away in a mean manner.

• Upvote 1

Considering the propensity of fundamentalists to adhere to rigidly constructed gender roles, it fuckin' kills me that Karissa's husband is named MANdrae. We know, girl. We know.

Edited by Joe Pukepail
  • Upvote 1

Karissa called that a sitz bath.  Isn’t a sitz bath usually just an inch or two of water?

For as much frustration I have with them, I do believe Mandrae was pushing the one little girl away so he could continue watching the other dance.

I do think someone should have intervened with the boy holding down his sister.   We are big on personal boundaries and holding anyone down like that in our house is a huge no no.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

I hope that baby is named something like Elizabeth or Sarah. I also hope she is healthy.

Her name is Anthym Bliss.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I don't know where the Redditors are seeing certain videos, but anyway, someone posted one of the kids farting around while Mandrae sits on his butt and the older boy is holding down a screaming youngun.  (That wasn't cool, although I didn't actually hear it because I couldn't get the sound to play).  So then someone said Mandrae shoved one of the kids away.  Okay, but he doesn't really.  Watch the video (wherever it is) and tell me what you think.  He has his legs up in a way that if a kid jumped on you it would hurt, and to me it looks like the kid comes towards him playfully, looking like she's about to jump on him, and then he puts out  a hand instinctively like he thinks she's going to, and she backs off.

Not that I'm trying to give this crappy family a pass, etc, but I really don't think he was pushing her away in a mean manner.

I saw that video, the most disturbing part is the little boy being manhandled recently broke a leg, and they're all carting him around roughly while he's barely healed. And yeah, Mandrae just sits there and does Jack shit while other kids are crying in the background.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic