IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

He's dating an educated, working woman his age? I think this is the first Duggar courtship I've actually been really pleased to hear about.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow they kept that one well under wraps. Saw the announcement on Instagram and was wracking my brain trying to figure out which one was courting (Sadly I didn't think it was Jana). Not familiar with Abbie or her family, but they look cute together.

Very surprising news! I'm pretty into this pair up though. And there goes my focus for the rest of the day while I lurk on FJ.

@scoutsadie It's a TLC video

ETA: Ah poop. Looks like you'll need to go to DFO to watch it. I know y'all don't love to give them clicks, but that's where I saw it. 

I’m shocked but happy for them. She is older, seems to have some life experience if she is a nurse. I hope they are very happy together.  It will be interesting to see if she continues working after they get married.  Plus being older might mean less kids and if that’s what they want then it will be easier to skirt the why don’t you have a billion kids question. Also yeah no baby voice!

I am happy for them both, JD is a hard working man and the fact she has at least had a career is promising, even if she chooses to quit her job after marriage. As far as fundie males go, John David is a catch he works hard running his own business and he helpsaid the Duggar's other businesses out a lot and he has a pilot licence. I wonder if Jana will be next?

I hope she doesn't quit her job after marriage, getting a nursing degree takes time and effort, would be a shame to throw that away.

This is...wow i saw on KUWF page and didn't belive at first since the link dosen't work in Europe...again wow

We was just discussing the lul that seems to be in fundie Land after baby Vuolo will born...

Don’t count your chicken’s folks. Remember IBLP has or had a nursing program and Jill was    “Midwife” 

I am withholding my opinion on her till more information is available.  I do hope they are both happy though.

They’re super cute together... they look alike. Is that odd to say?  Seems like a good fit and I pray she keeps her normal voice and her career!

I just watched the video and he actually seems so so happy, I never heard that much excitement really in his voice before!

Damn, that surprises me. But I guess with all his closest aged brothers marrying, he felt like it was time. I'm glad he found someone, and someone that appears to have more going on than just waiting for a husband. 

Poor Jana, though. She'll have no one in that house the same age as her. 

Ah I'm also in the boat of feeling way more excited than I should, though in the world of fundie courtships, theres a lot more pros to this than some others.  I was also happy to see him so happy! and to whoever said we will see them on CO next year because of the snail paced episodes, you're so right! lol! :P 

Hmm...the Burnetts are pretty well-known in ATI, aren't they? JD courting an older, educated fundie with a job is a good sign, but I'm reserving my cheers.

So engagement in about two months and wedding in the fall? With at least a pregnancy by first anniversary?

Going off of that wedding website (Abbie's brother's) that I posted earlier, + some internet creeping :::

Hannah Joy Dornink - 28, married to a Dustin w/ kids. 

John Clay - oldest son, i believe. married w/ 2 kids. 

Abbie Grace - 26, now courting

Caleb Andrew - also 26? maybe? does this make Abbie G a twin courting a twin? xD 

at least 3 other sisters....

Benjamin - the youngest brother

Where did she go to school?  where does she actually work?  Does anyone know?

Honestly, if she works, and is educated, I'll be happy even if they are ATI, there are levels and your more likely to leave if you are educated and have worked.

She lives in Stratford OK, southwest of Oklahoma City: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratford,_Oklahoma

https://voterrecords.com/voter/36267930/abbie-burnett

https://www.linkedin.com/in/abbie-burnett-691147134

Says she attended Pontotoc Tech 2016-2017. Pontotoc Tech is near Stratford and appears to offer a LPN program: https://www.pontotoctech.edu/ftp/practicalnursing 

Even if she works now I wouldn't expect her to work after they get married, though of course I would be happy to be surprised.

According to the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing Abbie Grace Burnett is NOT a registered nurse in Oklahoma.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived