IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

44 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Very surprising news! I'm pretty into this pair up though. And there goes my focus for the rest of the day while I lurk on FJ.

Can’t they announce after 5 PM or on the weekend? Some of us have to work!

14 minutes ago, TatertotAsserole said:

I'm so impressed with this community's efficiency with internet background checks. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.54.11 AM.png

Y’all should work for the FBI. Or MTV, since apparently they can’t do internet searches (the woman they hired to replace Farrah on Teen Mom has tweeted about her hatred of white people/retweeted wishing harm on a white kid) or ABC, since one of the bachelorette contestants has had sexual assault allegations against him. Why do I know these things? Why can’t TV networks hire someone to do what you guys do in a matter of minutes?

I’m pleasantly surprised. A Duggar dating an educated woman. Not girl, not teen, an actual adult. 

I just wish this wasn’t announced during the work day so I could keep up. Damn Duggars, so inconsiderate.

2 minutes ago, sableduck said:

The LPNs I know still took a year of college level anatomy and physiology and had other science pre-reqs, but I don’t know about her program.  Regardless her education will be better than the Duggars.

Anatomy?? SHE’S BEEN DEFRAUDED!!!!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone wayback machine their old blog? I tried to click on a link to it and it seemed to be gone. Or maybe they had just srcubbed that post. 

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Still longer than Pete and Arianna. :pb_lol:

Who are they?

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

Anatomy?? SHE’S BEEN DEFRAUDED!!!!

Remember when Jill Duggar wanted to be a nurse? Maybe Abbie will inspire her to go back to school. You can still do it, Jill! (Let's be real, though, if Abbie is currently working as a nurse that probably isn't going to last much longer.)

Oh God I started screaming out loud when I read the topic title!

Issue is, the US Magazine article isn't opening for me... :my_cry:

I’m excited for this bc more JD screentime will be amazing. I can’t wait for more lines like “bachelor to the rapture.”

Ok, found a DailyFail article. I'm happy! And even more happy that they're of similar age and not a crazy age gap!

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Who are they?

Pete Davidson is an SNL cast member who got engaged to pop singer Ariana Grande after less than a month of dating. 

Just now, TatertotAsserole said:

Pete Davidson is an SNL cast member who got engaged to pop singer Ariana Grande after less than a month of dating. 

To be fair to them, they have known each other since at least 2016!

Well...I don't think I have ever seen him look so HAPPY. That is really wonderful. They both have some life experience...hoping she is an RN and not a CNA. (Simply because I would love to have someone with a more advanced medical degree in their family....CNA's are wonderful and essential parts of the medical field, but I'm just afraid the D's would ascribe more knowledge to her than is warranted.) I hope that makes sense...just thinking about Jill's midwifery training, which they seem to feel is on par with that of a fully certified midwife,  nurse practitioner or OB.

Eh we don’t know much about the timeline yet. In general, I’m okay with people well into adulthood with life experience moving faster in their relationships. Relative to other fundies, both JD and Abbie seem to have more life experience than others. Hopefully, this has made them more sure of what they’re looking for out of life and a partner. 

I just watched the video. The two of them seem very happy together. At one point Abbie looked at John David as if she couldn’t figure out why he was staring at her. I thought it was sweet the way he looked at her, but it still made me giggle when she did that. 

My first impression of her is that she is more confident and self-assured than most of the other women we've seen enter into Duggar courtships. I’m sure this is largely due to her age and the fact that she has some type of career, but it’s still nice to see. Does this mean I hold out any hope that their beliefs will be drastically different? Nope. You have to admit though, for a Duggar man to fall for a woman who knows to look at the camera and can put together a complete sentence without a zillion references to being “sweet,” “precious,” or “super special” is progress.

Her sister lists mid-America technology center (Wayne campus) under education on FB. They have an LPN program so it’s possible Abbie got her LPN from there.

Finally some exciting news!! They seem like a good fit for each other and it will be nice to see a diferent kind of relationship for once. It will be interesting to see how it pans out, if they move to Oklahoma and if she keeps her job.

5 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I just watched the video. The two of them seem very happy together. At one point Abbie looked at John David as if she couldn’t figure out why he was staring at her. I thought it was sweet the way he looked at her, but it still made me giggle when she did that. 

My first impression of her is that she is more confident and self-assured than most of the other women we've seen enter into Duggar courtships. I’m sure this is largely due to her age and the fact that she has some type of career, but it’s still nice to see. Does this mean I hold out any hope that their beliefs will be drastically different? Nope. You have to admit though, for a Duggar man to fall for a woman who knows to look at the camera and can put together a complete sentence without a zillion references to being “sweet,” “precious,” or “super special” is progress.

Yes, and if they get into some sort of financial difficulty in the future, there is a choice of her at least working part time to make ends meet. So many of these Duggar brides don’t have that possibility. 

Although I will say JD seems quite financially secure compared to his brothers. So she probably won’t ever need to work. 

I wonder what their life will be like. I’ll be interested to see if she works after marriage or follows the typical fundie honeymoon baby schedule. 

An adult woman! With a career! And John David looks head over heels in love! I do have to say that “We’ve known of each other for some time” means “Everyone in our cult thinks we’re too old to be single and has been telling us we should marry each other for years.”

FJ sleuths - what was the event in Oklahoma where they got to know each other?

So will JD propose at Si’s wedding?

Just kidding. I really doubt JD would do that. He seems like the type that would have a pretty and quiet type of setting for a proposal. Like a walk in the woods or a scenic view. 

Wow! An educated, working woman, rather than a teenage stay at home daughter! Go JD!

I kind of feel like JD has more freedom than the other Duggars, and more power as well. Jim Bob may be holding the purse strings, but what good are all those planes if there isn't JD around to fly them? 

It's nice to see a Duggar couple that can live well, even if they choose to have a lot of kids, without being beholden to the Duggar parents or a TV show. And without having to grift for what they want. Take note, Mr. Jill! 

I'm hoping she decides to keep working and they limit the number of kids, but we'll see. In any case she's a step up from any of the Duggar girls.

I know I say this every time but I'm shocked! I really wasn't expecting John David to be courting next. I figured it would be Jed or Jer to be next. Wow John David is courting. And she has a job? A nurse? I'd love to see a conversation between her and Jill about their training and experience. Poor Jana I hope she's taking it well. She's losing the only other person in the house that does something. Congratulations JD!

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So will JD propose at Si’s wedding?

Just kidding. I really doubt JD would do that. He seems like the type that would have a pretty and quiet type of setting for a proposal. Like a walk in the woods or a scenic view. 

I don't know, JD was the one who was always doing awful pranks at the weddings. He seems to have grown out of that (or maybe they warned him?) but I could see him having a relapse and parachuting into the reception with Kirk Cameron carrying the ring to propose or something.

I've had both RNs and LPNs attend to me in the hospital - most recently a couple of years ago when my gallbladder turned into an asshole.

They both did the same tasks (changed IV bags, held my puke bag, started new IVs when the old ones blew, administered meds, etc.).

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived