• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

karen77
On 7/13/2018 at 6:25 AM, Meggo said:

My son is 5 and is in pullups at night. He can USUALLY hold his pee if he falls asleep for a nap - but has woken up dry maybe twice in his whole life. So... we wait. He'll get there eventually.

This is us too... I'm hoping it ends soon though, tired of the overnight diapers.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:11 PM, justoneoftwo said:

No one knows this!  Its so clever and yet people are not told!  

My new mom advice is to get two or three crib sheets and water proof mattress pads and then layer the crip, WP pad, sheet, WP pad, sheet, etc. Then, when you have issues in the middle of the night, you just whip off a layer of sheet and pad and all is clean and you don't have to make the crib up in the  middle of the night, which is a PITA.  Someone told me this and it was genius, so I pass it on.

karen77

oh the onesie thing, I heard about it going down near the end of kid 2.... mind blowing, BUT we rarely had poop-plosions, thank you cloth diapers!!

Didn't know about the juice box wings until just now, so thanks!

justoneoftwo
34 minutes ago, karen77 said:

oh the onesie thing, I heard about it going down near the end of kid 2.... mind blowing, BUT we rarely had poop-plosions, thank you cloth diapers!!

Didn't know about the juice box wings until just now, so thanks!

are cloth diapers better for explosions?  My mom seemed to think the disposables had been majorly improved since I was a baby.  We didn't have many issues either, just when sizes needed to be changed.

Kailash

@StraightOuttaArkansas My advice is to definitely get him into therapy as soon as possible.  I’m sure he has issues he doesn’t even know he has with regards to all of this. It probably affects nearly every aspect of his life, which you may or may not be aware of. I also agree with the poster who said to talk to his doctor. As far as him lying to you about the underwear, I would barely mention it. Something along the lines of “I found your hidden underwear. I’m sorry you felt like you had to lie.” He’s obviously ashamed, and it’s not his fault. I’d find a good stain remover and let him know where it is and how to use it. Even if he just pre treats them and you finish washing and drying. My advice is to treat this like any other medical condition, because that’s what it is. Avoid placing blame, just deal with it matter of factly. And be discreet! 

Some therapy for you may be a good idea too. :bigheart: Carrying around that load of mommy guilt isn’t doing anyone in your family any good. 

I hope something I’ve said helps. The FJ community is an amazing place for parental support. I’m glad you shared about this and hope that your son’s health improves. 

Mama Mia

@StraightOuttaArkansas - I mean this in the most respectful way possible - I’m just curious - I’ve never heard boys/ men’s underwear refered to as “panties” before. Is that the common term in your area ? 

In addition to therapy, probiotics, forgiving yourself, and all the other good suggestions you’ve received - I would just have him start washing his own clothes. He’s old enough, and it sounds like maybe he needs a bit of autonomy ? 

Just a thought, I don’t have experience in this particular area ( other than having a couple kids / grandkids who didn’t stay dry at night / had frequent accidents until 6 ish ) - But  some of my kids did better with self-care issues once I kind of backed out of the process, and it was up to them to take on the responsibility. 

SapphireSlytherin

I'm from Arkansas and never called men's underwear "panties," so I was wondering the same.