IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 60: The Shilling Dillards

Jellybean

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Damn - she's making a Jinger face. lol

if it hadn't been on Jill's insta I almost would have thought that was Jinger. 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Si according to Jill’s insta they went on an anniversary date to watch The Incredibles 2. I wonder if she’s seen the first one?

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Si according to Jill’s insta they went on an anniversary date to watch The Incredibles 2. I wonder if she’s seen the first one?

probably never did, that seems like an odd anniversary date. 

She's holding those movie stubs like they're something special. Perhaps this IS her first movie, ever?

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She's holding those movie stubs like they're something special. Perhaps this IS her first movie, ever?

I would almost bet it was her first none religious movie. we know they've seen a few religious movies or at least other Duggar offspring have and tried pushing it on Social Media over and over.  plus were extra's in that one movie but a main stream none religious movie and a cartoon at that now that just blow Jilly muffin's mind. 

35 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it was the first movie theater movie she had been too. 

2 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

This post isn’t actually that bad, but WHYY can’t Jill ever post a picture of the boys WITHOUT herself in it?

Because she needs to remind us all that she is a mum! How else would we know she is fulfilling the only role her cult allows for women?

4 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I used to eat fiddleheads. Haven't had any in years. 

I can't believe some of what I used to eat, cod tounges, moose meat, liver to name three things I will never eat again. Even f I wasn't trying to be vegan, I wouldn't eat it. 

Fiddle-heads is one of those Québecois dishes I need to try. I just don't want to risk cooking them myself.

3 minutes ago, Markie said:

I wonder if she has seen The Incredibles on DVD or Netflix? Do they have a tv?

we know they have DVD players in their car that the boys watch. We have seen live video of them eating in their car well Izzy watches Curious George. plus I'm guessing they have seen things like paw patrol because Izzy has a shit ton of clothes with those characters on them. 

So, what movies would you think Jill would enjoy? The Princess Bride. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Harry Potter (if she could overcome the fear of magic in a fictional story).

Here's the part where I dispense some kind of advice to Jill to improve her social media skills, and yet...I have none. Don't get me wrong, I'm the person who said we should ease up on Jill for posting on social media period, and I still stand by that. She's clearly trying, and she has the right to her social media regardless. That said, I can think of a ton of mommy/family bloggers that could have posted pictures of their husbands with their "3XX-month update" and it would be hilarious and adorable, whereas it was cringey when Jill did it (though that was probably Derick's fault; not the best example, now that I think about it). She could channel her sisters (in-law) and either be more reserved with her information or at least get a better camera, and I highly doubt her impression she leaves would change.

Whole-heartedly, I can't bring myself to assert that these posts are cringey solely because it's Jill.  There is a decidedly "off" quality to Jill's social media that I don't think is caused by a lack of savvy; like many have pointed out here, it moreso comes off as inauthentic, or even staged. That leads me to wonder why she would have to be putting on a front when all she does is post recipes and cute pictures of her family. That begs the question; what's the whole picture that we're not seeing?

The Incredibles is probably the first movies Jill has seen that didn't star Kirk Cameron.

@SapphireSlytherin fiddleheads are the tender young shoots of ferns. Maybe it's a regional thing? They taste something like asperagus and are delicious sauteed to aldente  in a little garlic butter with a squeeze of lemon. 

bigstock-Raw-Organic-Green-Fiddlehead-F-129954308-150x150.jpg

8 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Hmmm. Incredibles. I'm out of touch but isn't this a kids movie? For an anniversary?  

well yes but I bet it had to do with Derick and not Jill. I saw on Facebook someone said that when they went to see it there was no one under the age of 15 in the theater. the original movie came out 14 years ago and it seems a lot of the people that are seeing it are the people that watched it growing up. 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well yes but I bet it had to do with Derick and not Jill. I saw on Facebook someone said that when they went to see it there was no one under the age of 15 in the theater. the original movie came out 14 years ago and it seems a lot of the people that are seeing it are the people that watched it growing up. 

Ok. I guess me and Mr.Fluffer just put a little more... *adult* in our anniversaries?

So I haven't seen the second (heard great things from everyone my age, almost 25, which just like @Ivycoveredtower was saying it came out when I was 8/9). But someone shared a facebook meme about incredibles 2 on how there was too much feminism so defintely expect one of them to go off about it.

Im just sad it took 14yrs for a sequel... an incredibles movie 14yrs down the track would have been way more interesting- teen/adult kids... elderly-ish parents... cant believe it took this long for a sequel and its like its the next day! 

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Chitlins sound nasty af.

I've heard they're yummy, but I refuse to try anything that requires an enema prior to cooking and eating.

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yeah, I think the target demo now is nostalgic millennials who remember the first movie fondly. Maybe it's like how Grease and Happy Days and the like were big in the 70s, to capitalize on nostalgia for the 50s and 60s that Baby Boomers in their 20s and 30s had. 

3 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

@SapphireSlytherin fiddleheads are the tender young shoots of ferns. Maybe it's a regional thing? They taste something like asperagus and are delicious sauteed to aldente  in a little garlic butter with a squeeze of lemon. 

bigstock-Raw-Organic-Green-Fiddlehead-F-129954308-150x150.jpg

Thanks! It's incredible the variety of food out there; I had no idea you can eat ferns at all!

That looks and sounds delicious :)

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived