IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 60: The Shilling Dillards

Jellybean

Hasn't almost every parent experienced this?  I did, except my son used a pencil.  We cleaned it off together, I didn't take a picture, and he was told walls were not to be drawn on.  

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my kids were little, I got newsprint (like for packing) and taped it on the walls. The kids could draw to their heart's content, no marks on the walls and I could replace the paper when they had colored the paper that was up. 

My granddaughters drew a mural on the inside of their closet and I cried my eyes out the day we had to paint over it when we sold the house. 

One of my three year old granddaughters loves Sharpies!  Unfortunately, she doesn't know the difference between Sharpies and makeup that will wash off.  She's frequently made herself up with Sharpies and it pretty much has to wear off. 

Her aunt should be proud of her though.  When my youngest daughter was that age we had a whiteboard in the kitchen.  We also had white walls at the time.  My daughter didn't get the border of the whiteboard and why it was okay to write on the whiteboard and not on the walls.  

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

She's frequently made herself up with Sharpies and it pretty much has to wear off. 

Baby wipes will take it off. 

Not entirely on topic but I have the funniest video of my youngest when he was about 1 1/2.  He was a late talker.  He got into some hand lotion and it was all over the bathroom floor.  So of course I grabbed the video camera.  It's just me saying, "(name), can you show Mommy what you were doing?" He holds up a bottle of lotion.  Me:  "you were painting the bathroom floor with lotion, weren't you?"  Kid looks down like he knows he was naughty.  Me:  "is that what we do with lotion?"  Kid, loudly and with no shame at all:  "No."  Big giggles from both of us.  Me:  "you're right."  Me:  "can we clean it up?"  Kid, loudly and with no shame at all:  "No"  Big giggles from both of us because he knows he's cute.   And then some gibberish from kid.  

Magic erasers are awesome but do not use it on skin! It might seem obvious but it wasn't obvious to everyone...

Oh, I have the best video of #1 at 18-24 months.  It was a bit too quiet, so, definitely trouble!  Those were the days of cordoning off a room or two, what could possibly happen?!  Lol!  There he was, in my cabinet, flour everywhere!  He's all eating it, playing in it.  The flour was turning into dough around his mouth and outside of eyes and he was HAPPY!  I laughed and laughed, took video and then the bath came, clean up.  So cute and funny!   

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

her burrito looks like a quesadilla to me 

She did a completely pointless Instagram live video (I made it through about 15 seconds) saying that she was going to post this recipe, and did mention that these were really quesadillas but her mom always called them pan fried burritos or something. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That is a very unattractive guac pic.

All of her food pictures look like shit. I hope that stuff tastes better than it looks. She needs a class in food photography. Or just look at a damn cookbook and see how the dishes are garnished and presented. I'm stabby after the JRod car grifting scandal. Fundies thinking they are so damn special when they really, truly, are not. 

Is it normal for a child Izzy’s age to wear those big plastic bibs? I picture them on much younger babies. As someone without children, and isn’t around them often, I’m genuinely curious. 

Shit, is dWrecks midline on fleek?!  Finally?!  

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It is.  Why do they always take pics of half eaten or empty plates?  Weirdos.

6 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

Is it normal for a child Izzy’s age to wear those big plastic bibs? I picture them on much younger babies. As someone without children, and isn’t around them often, I’m genuinely curious. 

At his age it was far easier to whip the preschoolers tshirt off after lunch/dinner and change the tshirt. Plastic bibs are pointless, they dont catch anything, everything runs right off them onto whatever else they are wearing... the floor... etc! Although he also sits in a high chair still?! 

How it is that Jill used to be so comfortable in front of a camera and was always the "speaker" for the girls, yet now she acts as if she can no longer speak?

Oh look, the Dillards are out on a boat making memories. I wonder if they call it a "staycation"?

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How it is that Jill used to be so comfortable in front of a camera and was always the "speaker" for the girls, yet now she acts as if she can no longer speak?

Oh look, the Dillards are out on a boat making memories. I wonder if they call it a "staycation"?

I think it had to do with the fact that she just used to parrot what ever she was told. since she got married and moved out everything she was raised to believe has basically blown up in her face. she's had two back to back emergent c-sections. her husbands missionary work went wrong, and he got her kicked off the family show. her midwife work is just a joke to the public she went from being the golden daughter princess to being the outcast basically. At this point I'm sure she just doesn't know what to say and is clinging to fame by her finger tips. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

When my GD was about 18 months old she drew on the wall outside the laundry room while in the care of her nanny...clearly, the nanny was busy with laundry and C. found something to draw on the wall with. All my daughter's friends and co-workers told them to frame it. They did leave it up for a good long time. C. claimed it was a picture of her mom washing her hair in the shower. LOL.

When my son was a toddler his favorite weapon was a black sharpie.

My daughter is 18 months now and we’ve started finding crayon marks in new places. There’s been marks on the highchair legs, the kitchen floor, a purple scribble on the kitchen wall, marks on the window sill... I like to think she’s experimenting with new mediums rather than defacing our home. :pb_lol:

She has also started storing her crayons in new and exciting pages - like the vacuum attachments, air vents, kitchen cupboards, underneath my poor dog who was just trying to relax... it’s been an interesting one or two weeks here. Lol!

20 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

Eh I wouldn't but at the daycare ("school" as they liked to call it) I use to work at we did. Just made life easier... parents got mad when their 3 year old would   get food on their 60$ designer shirts. Dont get me started on fancy daycares or their uppity customers. I legit had a parent that would only snap his fingers at me to get my attention and would throw his children's stuff on the floor every morning and watch as we picked it up to put it away to make sure we didn't wrinkle the coats.

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

One of my three year old granddaughters loves Sharpies!  Unfortunately, she doesn't know the difference between Sharpies and makeup that will wash off.  She's frequently made herself up with Sharpies and it pretty much has to wear off. 

Her aunt should be proud of her though.  When my youngest daughter was that age we had a whiteboard in the kitchen.  We also had white walls at the time.  My daughter didn't get the border of the whiteboard and why it was okay to write on the whiteboard and not on the walls.  

Oh my God, I remember when my older sister was first allowed to wear makeup and how pissed I was that I wasn't allowed to as well. Of course being the little genius I was at five, I decided I could have my own make-up and there was nothing anyone could say about it. 

Well, it turns out my mother absolutely did have a lot to say and do about me having made up both my face and my little sister's face with sharpie makeup right before catechism classes. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it had to do with the fact that she just used to parrot what ever she was told. since she got married and moved out everything she was raised to believe has basically blown up in her face. she's had two back to back emergent c-sections. her husbands missionary work went wrong, and he got her kicked off the family show. her midwife work is just a joke to the public she went from being the golden daughter princess to being the outcast basically. At this point I'm sure she just doesn't know what to say and is clinging to fame by her finger tips. 

sounds like according to plan to me :D

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Oh, I have the best video of #1 at 18-24 months.  It was a bit too quiet, so, definitely trouble!  Those were the days of cordoning off a room or two, what could possibly happen?!  Lol!  There he was, in my cabinet, flour everywhere!  He's all eating it, playing in it.  The flour was turning into dough around his mouth and outside of eyes and he was HAPPY!  I laughed and laughed, took video and then the bath came, clean up.  So cute and funny!   

Because sometimes? You just have to remind yourself that you are making memories. And some of it is just FUNNY! 

4 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Because sometimes? You just have to remind yourself that you are making memories. And some of it is just FUNNY! 

So much of it is funny!  They are discovering the world in ways we forgot how to.  Yeah, there is learning but when they get older, there needs to be stories!

2 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

She did a completely pointless Instagram live video (I made it through about 15 seconds) saying that she was going to post this recipe, and did mention that these were really quesadillas but her mom always called them pan fried burritos or something. 

Maybe she should pop over to the Maxwells’ and get some tips on how to make real bean burritos 

I made a quick guacamole for lunch because I had an avocado that needed to be used up. I mashed the avocado in a bowl and added a heaping tablespoon of whatever generic brand of restaurant-style salsa was in the fridge and had it with chips. I'm not sure it was tasty enough to be worth the water retention from the tortilla chips but it wasn't bad. 

The youngest Dillard has a strong side eye game. I like him.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe Jill's own pic this time? :wink-kitty:

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived