IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 60: The Shilling Dillards

Jellybean

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

My oldest, at about the same age, pretty much quit eating. I'd manage to get a glass of milk in her and a few other things (think mac & cheese). I mean, she went about 6 months of not eating enough to keep a flea alive. Pediatrician said not to worry about it. She eventually started eating again and the kid was a human garbage disposal. So...when I had her brother, I expected pretty much the same thing...he's 31 and I'm STILL waiting for him to stop eating. This was the kid that screamed bloody murder the minute the umbilical cord was cut and didn't shut up until his belly was full. I nursed him and he was still screaming. So, I gave him a bottle of formula (back in the dark ages they only had the 4oz bottles). I fell asleep with him in my lap and woke up when he startled. The bottle was EMPTY. Sat him up to burp him and he let loose with a grown man beer burp...imagine that sound coming out of a brand new, 7lb baby boy. When he was about 6 months old, I went out with a friend and we stopped at Burger King for lunch. To keep him occupied I gave him french fries thinking he'd suck on them and throw them on the floor. Well, the fries kept disappearing...I looked on the floor and nope, no fries. So, I went and got him a plain burger, shredded it up into little pieces and the kid INHALED it! Yeah, baby food didn't last for long with him. 

tl;dr: kids are weird about food. 

We started giving my son the inside of the french fries at about the same age or so. 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Incredibles 2 was (imo) an amazing movie, although I agree it’s geared more towards the population who saw the Incredibles in theater. My friends and I saw it last night, and we think most of he jokes would fly over the heads of kids. It does seem more progressive than what we would expect the Dillards to see because  it focuses more on Elastigirl rather than Mr. Incredible. Still, it’s such a good movie that I can’t wait to see again (JACK JACK IS SO CUTE!!)

The short before it was cute, but there is definitely a “WTF” moment in the middle (It makes sense in the end, but is very jarrig when it happens)

Shorts and a tank top? My my my I hope she didn’t defraud too many woodland creatures!

Jill has been looking really happy in her pictures lately. Whatever she's doing, it seems to be working for her. Shorts above the knee and a tank top-what a heathen.

40 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Jill has been looking really happy in her pictures lately. Whatever she's doing, it seems to be working for her. Shorts above the knee and a tank top-what a heathen.

Not just a tank top, a non-layered, relatively low-cut tank top! I mean, it's not anywhere near showing cleavage, but it's still far lower cut than anything that would usually be seen on a Duggar without a modesty panel in front. 

And everything she's wearing is probably much more comfortable for hiking overall than the more common multi-layer sleeved shirts, stride-restricting skirts, and flip flops (although admittedly the Chacos appeared while they were courting courtesy of Derick).

Regardless, weather appropriate and properly supportive clothing for the win!

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would normally agree with wanting an *adult* date night, but dh & I LOVE animated movies. We watch them all the time, even go see them in the theater occasionally.  Our kids are 20 & 18, our 20 year old has picked up on the love of these files while the 18 year old was never a fan, even as a child. 

We are die-hard south park fans... does that count? :pb_lol:

YES JILL WORK THAT NIKE ENSEMBLE

But for reals, she looks great and a lot happier and in her element in that photo than she has in a while. 

I see her new choices in clothing (including nose piercing) as a way to stand out and get attention (media, fans, jboob?). Jinger got such a great response from wearing pants, shorts etc - Jill’s jealous? 

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

I see her new choices in clothing (including nose piercing) as a way to stand out and get attention (media, fans, jboob?). Jinger got such a great response from wearing pants, shorts etc - Jill’s jealous? 

Jealous and trying to shift the focus from Derick and his Twitter crap, I think. If she changed her beliefs, now that I would impressed by.

11 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Shorts and a tank top? My my my I hope she didn’t defraud too many woodland creatures!

Sensible clothes for a hike, one might say.

The skirts and flip-flops thing was downright dangerous, not to mention that climbing up in a skirt can be very defrauding...

It's nice to see Jill wearing appropriate clothing to hike. Unlike when her and her sisters were hiking the jungles of El Salvador in jean skirts and flip flops. 

The Incredible's 2 seems like an odd choice for Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar. Far too egalitarian with its working, bread winner mother and stay at home father. I figured they would like to see the new Jurassic World movie. It obviously shows irrefutable proof that humans and dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time. :my_tongue:    

12 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

The moment when a Duggar daughter dresses less modestly than yourself... but good for her to wear sensible clothes for hiking!

13 hours ago, kiwi said:

I think this is exactly what she's doing, therefore she gets zero props. She just wants to be Jinger.

I’m a little less inclined to believe she is trying to “copy” Jinger or steal her thunder, but maybe has liked these clothes or style, but didn’t want to be the first daughter to break the mold. Like, maybe she had always wanted to try jeans and tanks but it wasn’t until Jinger wore shorts and pants and there was no backlash that she felt empowered to do so.

Especially factoring in the nose ring - it’s just more than anything Jinger had done.

Also adding in the essential disclaimer that less modest clothes and pants don’t mean they don’t still support patriarchy.

Speaking of Jurassic Park, apparently Kim Ham was kicked out of a showing of the movie because he kept yelling “lies” whenever the movie would mention evolution and 65 million years. (According to a satire site) funny thing is I didn’t immediately catch it as satire because it seems like something he would do. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:59 AM, Illmarryyoujana said:

From comments on her movie picture, followers were *shocked* that there was swearing ((go to hell//I’ll be damned)) and drinking in the movie. And honestly, with out having seen it, I don’t think that should be in Pixar movie. At least not the words. Adults drinking responsibly is fine, but I don’t think “go to hell” is really necessary. People also weren’t fond of the short. They said it was inappropriate and too much for kids. My guess is it just went over their heads. Overall, the conservatives on her page did NOT approve of this movie. 

Meh. I saw it, and my opinion on the language/ drinking is that people who want to be offended always manage to get offended. It wasn't a focus, and if kids' movies didn't show anything that kids aren't supposed to do there wouldn't be very many plotlines. Look at all the stuff in the first Incredibles movie that kids aren't supposed to do: drive recklessly, abandon their families to follow sexy silver-haired ladies to remote islands to fight crime, and the kids fight with each other and disobey their parents. Scandalous! Maybe my view is skewed, I just don't think "go to hell/ I'll be damned" is that bad. Hell isn't a bad word in regular contexts, swear words get negative buzz but all the alternatives to that phrase that I can think of aren't nice things I'd want to teach kids are ok to be saying to their friends ( the first thing that comes to mind is " go jump off a cliff"). Parents are responsible for teaching their kids context and discernment (some people choose to vet every movie their child sees before they see it, and it's totally their prerogative). There were some comments on Jill's insta about kids being scared by the movie, and I feel for that because when you're small lots of things can be scary, but to me, that's a weird thing to be bothered with Pixar about. 

I say all this about people being picky about kids movies, but maybe I'm just as bad- as we left the theater for Incredibles 2, I told my boyfriend I was really surprised there wasn't some kind of seizure warning before the movie ( this gives nothing away- the villain hypnotized people with flashing lights and a few scenes have a lot of strobing). 

On 6/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I’m confused how it can be childish and inappropriate! Was it scatological humor? 

Nope! If you're interested in having it spoiled:

Spoiler

Mom of grown son is lonely he's never around anymore and treats a dumpling that comes to life as a replacement child. Dumpling grows up and tries to leave home so she eats him. Then real son comes back into her life with a girlfriend. It's surprising when she swallows her replacement kid, but it didn't seem inappropriate to me.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think this is exactly what she's doing, therefore she gets zero props. She just wants to be Jinger.

Rough crowd today. Not sure why this got so many down votes, I don't necessary agree with it but seems a fairly innocuous statement IMO. :confusion-shrug:  Anyway, I don't think she so much wants to BE Jinger as she wants Jinger's golden (can seemingly do know wrong) status, the status that Jill held, until Derelicts fall from Boob's grace. 

39 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Rough crowd today. Not sure why this got so many down votes, I don't necessary agree with it but seems a fairly innocuous statement IMO. :confusion-shrug:  Anyway, I don't think she so much wants to BE Jinger as she wants Jinger's golden (can seemingly do know wrong) status, the status that Jill held, until Derelicts fall from Boob's grace. 

Jill's social media seems like she tries way too had to be relateable. Out of all the daughters,  don't relate to Jill at all. Pretty sure she still has her shitty beliefs. I think the nose ring, pants wearing, is to try to deflect from Derick's socail media, while trying to say he is the #besthubbyever.

It will take alot from Derick to make me look at him in a better light. He's not sorry for what he has said about Jazz, Nate...he kept on digging a hole, not only for him, but Jill and his two sons who are affected by it as well. 

So I do like her outfit but my Yankee self is coming out I guess cause hiking I'd be covered at least with the legs cause ticks and whatnot!

Id be fine with the shorts on a hot day... It doesn't look super grassy or brushy where she's walking, and that's where the ticks hide.  The open toe on the shoe would bug me more- it's worlds better than her old flip flops, but I'm clumsy and Id be stubbing my toes all over.  Id rather have keuhns with the rubber toe covers.  Also, her hair looks hot, Id want mine in a bun or braid for a day of hiking (and my hair is nowhere near Duggar length).  Final improvement to the outfit- ditch the earrings, and trade them in for any sunglasses I can find instead.

Overall, I give Jills hiking outfit 7 of 10 stars for suitability to occaision + cuteness scale.

Kim Kardashian breaks the internet with a champagne bottle and a painted on dress.

Jill Duggar breaks it with knee length shorts and a flowy tank top.

#Modestystandards #Nike #Jesuslovesthemall

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived