IGNORED

Fundies and the Marriage Market (Unmarried Fundies 5)

Bethella

well, thats classy..

(nothing else to add here, sorry, but... maaan. let me just show you my ring in front of a toilet..)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

well, thats classy..

(nothing else to add here, sorry, but... maaan. let me just show you my ring in front of a toilet..)

I thought it was funny. If you watch the videos she didn’t explicitly say she was engaged, she just started doing various things with her left hand: opening the door, turning the light on, flushing the toilet, and even “petting” her brother. 

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

If you watch the videos she didn’t explicitly say she was engaged, she just started doing various things with her left hand: opening the door, turning the light on, flushing the toilet, and even “petting” her brother. I thought it was a pretty clever/funny way to announce it. 

I didn't watch the video, I just saw the still, so I'm gonna take your word for it.. 

But I'd still stay away from the toilet, because there would be about a gazillion other things you could do with your left hand, that would show your ring off, too

I'm completely not surprised by either of the John engagements.  Totally expected.  Both will be married in 89 days and pregnant before the year is up.  Both leave behind a sister who is much older than the rest of the kids at home.  Addie at least has Katie at home.  

11 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I didn't watch the video, I just saw the still, so I'm gonna take your word for it.. 

But I'd still stay away from the toilet, because there would be about a gazillion other things you could do with your left hand, that would show your ring off, too

The petting Edgar (her brother) clip was funny. But the toilet was pretty juvenile. 

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

John-David Duggar and Abbie are now engaged.

I read something earlier, they have not known each other very long at all.  They said they were "aware of each other" but didn't really know each other.  They look very young although I know they are not as young as they look.  But they've only known each other 3 months and they are engaged?  I know, it's the culture.  But still.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I read something earlier, they have not known each other very long at all.  They said they were "aware of each other" but didn't really know each other.  They look very young although I know they are not as young as they look.  But they've only known each other 3 months and they are engaged?  I know, it's the culture.  But still.

It’s hard to say how well they knew one another before they started seeing each other. I liken it to going to high school together. You know each other, you may have a lot of friends in common, you may know a lot of things about them (family, religion, interests) but you don’t actually know them that well. They are 28 and 26 so they are Quite a bit older than some of these fundie couples. So they might feel they are more than ready for marriage. It doesn’t surprise me that they are going fast. 

Soooo Campbell posted a few pictures of the engagement and they're kissing. Are the Mortons that relaxed now?

47 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Soooo Campbell posted a few pictures of the engagement and they're kissing. Are the Mortons that relaxed now?

I think all the fundies of huge families relax by the time they get to the younger kids. Look at the younger Bates and Duggar kids. They seem to get away with more than the older kids. Parents get old and tired. They loosen up a tiny bit. A Roberts kissing before marriage doesn’t surprise me at all. But I guess John is going with the Roberts rules more than the Morton rules now. And what are his parents going to do? He’s a penis holder over the age of 18.

Daisy Roberts just posted a new Instagram pic and the caption says John and Campbell are getting married in November 

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Daisy Roberts just posted a new Instagram pic and the caption says John and Campbell are getting married in November 

So she started 2018 dating one guy and will end 2018 married to a different guy? That is too quick imo.

Hosanna Plath is engaged, but I don't know her fiancé's name. She's introduced as his fiancée in a video on Kim Plath's FB. Anyone recognise him?

@Triplet3  Ohh, interesting! His name is Timothy Noble and he's a full-time Christian pianist, albeit very young (graduated high school in 2017). He travels to play in churches and seems very talented.

Hosanna played with him back in February and I wondered if a something was brewing.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 5.15.24 PM.png

1 minute ago, usedbicycle said:

@Triplet3  Ohh, interesting! His name is Timothy Noble and he's a full-time Christian pianist, albeit very young (graduated high school in 2017). He travels to play in churches and seems very talented.

Hosanna played with him back in February and I wondered if a something was brewing.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 5.15.24 PM.png

Hosanna is 18 and if he graduated in 2017, he’s probably only 19. Let’s hope they have a long engagement like her brother Ethan. 

11 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Yeah I saw that and was like :huh:

what an extreme turnaround from the betrothals and bride prices. I feel like it wasn’t that long ago we were discussing addie’s transition to pants! It sort of feels like dominoes with some of these changes. (But like tgod we don’t have to hear about them saving their godly first kiss for mawwiage).  

They were Instagram official the end of May, engaged end of July, and married in November. I know they've grown up knowing each other but wow. 

2 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

They were Instagram official the end of May, engaged end of July, and married in November. I know they've grown up knowing each other but wow. 

And they are so young. Abbie and John David are older so I imagine they know what they want. Going fast isn’t a shock. But John and Campbell are just kids in my view. 

There have been so many young marriages and engagements amongst fundies in the last few years. I’m expecting a wave of divorces in about 5 years. 

Peter Arndt also turned 18 recently. Only David’s left and they’ll all be adults, and none of them have gotten married 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Peter Arndt also turned 18 recently. Only David’s left and they’ll all be adults, and none of them have gotten married 

They Arndt getting married. Ever.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They Arndt getting married. Ever.

Maybe they're waiting for all of them to be over 18 and then they'll start to marry them off, or they'll have one huge wedding. :giggle:

32 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Maybe they're waiting for all of them to be over 18 and then they'll start to marry them off, or they'll have one huge wedding. :giggle:

I think one huge 14 couple Arndt wedding would officially break FJ. 

Patience Pennington posted yesterday on Instagram that there were 108 days until the wedding and if you do the math that means that she is getting married on November 11th, 2018. 

1 hour ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Patience Pennington posted yesterday on Instagram that there were 108 days until the wedding and if you do the math that means that she is getting married on November 11th, 2018. 

That’s a little surprising given that the 11th is a Sunday, I wonder if the wedding will actually be on Saturday.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived