IGNORED

Fundies and the Marriage Market (Unmarried Fundies 5)

Bethella

56 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And wow, this is total BEC, but that is a super unattractive tshirt & headscaft combo. I could find a more attractive outfit within 5 minutes at my local Goodwill.

I wonder how daddy Staddon's cancer is doing (which he seems to be treating with some sort of alternative therapy). And how much of an income do these beekeepers make?

I know. It’s hard not to say to yourself “quit squishing your bangs down to your forehead with that head covering!” She’s the only one who does that in the family. If I could pull that thing back on her head it would make a huge difference. I’m guessing her wedding dress will be enormous and not flattering just like at the double wedding back in 2013.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wedding dress on the right in the double wedding photo is a national tragedy. No wait, its a North American tragedy. I could spend 2 minutes googling Mormon, Muslim or Orthodox Jewish Wedding Gowns and find a hundred  modest dresses that are more flattering than that one.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

The wedding dress on the right in the double wedding photo is a national tragedy. No wait, its a North American tragedy. I could spend 2 minutes googling Mormon, Muslim or Orthodox Jewish Wedding Gowns and find a hundred  modest dresses that are more flattering than that one.

It honestly looks like she found it at the thrift store and didn’t bother to take it in or hem it. 

She definitely took the dress in... at the neck. That thing looks like it's extruding her neck and head like toothpaste coming from a tube.

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And wow, this is total BEC, but that is a super unattractive tshirt & headscaft combo. I could find a more attractive outfit within 5 minutes at my local Goodwill.

I wonder how daddy Staddon's cancer is doing (which he seems to be treating with some sort of alternative therapy). And how much of an income do these beekeepers make?

And now this is me total BEC, but she really doesn't care about her looks at all. Which is also kind of refreshing at the same time. But this particular shirt - head covering combination just doesn't work. Maybe it is the color. I'm not a huge fan of brown.

How do the Staddon's make a living in general? What was Daddy Staddon doing before he got sick? Would the Staddon kiddults be able to make ends meet on their own when their father dies? I hope he is doing well, cancer just sucks and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

5 minutes ago, ophelia said:

And now this is me total BEC, but she really doesn't care about her looks at all. Which is also kind of refreshing at the same time. But this particular shirt - head covering combination just doesn't work. Maybe it is the color. I'm not a huge fan of brown.

It sounds like he decided to propose while they were out working on the farm, in which case ratty clothes make sense. But it still seems weird to post "engagement photos" where you look like you've been mucking out a barn.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:45 AM, mango_fandango said:

October 5th is Katie Bates’s birthday. If it was me I’d find a sibling scheduling their wedding on my birthday to be a little odd, but maybe it’s the only date they could get, without waiting for months.

I think Katie bates is courting. I don't have proof its more of a gut feeling plus what Carlin said on one of the Instagram lives. I wonder if she'll court/ get engaged on her birthday after josie's wedding

2 hours ago, NotaFanNotaCritic said:

I think Katie bates is courting. I don't have proof its more of a gut feeling plus what Carlin said on one of the Instagram lives. I wonder if she'll court/ get engaged on her birthday after josie's wedding

What did Carlin say?

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It sounds like he decided to propose while they were out working on the farm, in which case ratty clothes make sense. But it still seems weird to post "engagement photos" where you look like you've been mucking out a barn.

That brown shirt, while probably appropriate for working in a barn, is hideously unflattering.  Her skirt, however, is bomb.  I think I bought a nearly identical one from Madewell this summer!   Fundie fashion FTW!

7 hours ago, meee said:

What did Carlin say?

She said all the girls were taken. Let me see if I can find the video

Katie posted a picture of her and a guy with a heart in her instastories yesterday. A PTV  poster had previously asked her if she was courting...Her post was deleted. 

Something's definitely up.

Becky Keilen (Brandon Keilen’s Sister)Has a boyfriend named Tim Forman . I saw him on Monica Keilen’s Instagram and checked his profile. He confirmed their relationship 2 days ago. Btw none of the Keilen’s sisters is married and I think a few of them are approaching 40. They seem to live independent lives though, I don’t think they’re SAHDs.

Spoiler

B7041E9C-CFD8-4346-A228-1AAC54EA9805.jpeg.ca7fb3edaa9ef6a474b4ea5118fcfa61.jpeg

68D09646-D3FF-4230-857D-6A4609F9591E.thumb.jpeg.06413f9cb0996c9071f50e5a51465c40.jpeg

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Becky Keilen (Brandon Keilen’s Sister)Has a boyfriend named Tim Forman . I saw him on Monica Keilen’s Instagram and checked his profile. He confirmed their relationship 2 days ago. Btw none of the Keilen’s sisters is married and I think a few of them are approaching 40. They seem to live independent lives though, I don’t think they’re SAHDs.

Hide contents

B7041E9C-CFD8-4346-A228-1AAC54EA9805.jpeg.ca7fb3edaa9ef6a474b4ea5118fcfa61.jpeg

68D09646-D3FF-4230-857D-6A4609F9591E.thumb.jpeg.06413f9cb0996c9071f50e5a51465c40.jpeg

With Brandon and Michael’s fertility issues and the Keilen girls getting older, the Keilens  might end up with less grandchildren than children. 

The Roberts family could have a whole lot of weddings coming up. Campbell and Edgar already, and then I think two? Three? Of the other siblings are in long-term relationships.

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Rachel Wiggings

I think Rachel is friends with Daisy. It’s like they all date each other’s friends. But I guess since they are fundies they only have a small pool of people to socialize with. 

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Rachel is friends with Daisy. It’s like they all date each other’s friends. But I guess since they are fundies they only have a small pool of people to socialize with. 

Daisy's (former?) Roommate. The dating pool is a ven diagram sometimes lol. Edgar is in his late 20s, older than Cleve Morton was when he got married. The Roberts had a long spell with a lot of older unmarred kids and then a sudden partnering up of everyone. 

I don't see this on the spreadsheet yet but Hosanna Plath is 18 (at least according to Plath website, idk when it was last updated), and is now engaged, announced July 9th. Fiance is Timothy Noble and apparently they've been dating for 2 years since meeting at a music convention. He seems to be an 18-year old musician as well. (Yay for 2 years but they are so very very young!)

Does anyone have the Plath birthdays?

I've also noticed that their 4th child, Moriah, is the Lawson of the family. She is 15, the lead singer, and is a main actress in some Christian movie called There? She's the only daughter to have short hair and wears sleeveless shirts/dresses when everyone else seems to be in cap sleeves at the shortest. Interesting family. I was going to find out more but they seem to have deleted their old blog and just have a publicity/touring schedule one now. 

Last thing of note: they tragically lost their 8th child, Johnathan. I find it surprising that the 9th child was named Cassia (with no virtue meaning as far as I can tell) and 10th child Mercy, not the other way around. 

ANDDDDD after all that, I just went back and checked and this iS on the spreadsheet. Sorry for the redundancy!

5 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I don't see this on the spreadsheet yet but Hosanna Plath is 18 (at least according to Plath website, idk when it was last updated), and is now engaged, announced July 9th. Fiance is Timothy Noble and apparently they've been dating for 2 years since meeting at a music convention. He seems to be an 18-year old musician as well. (Yay for 2 years but they are so very very young!)

Does anyone have the Plath birthdays?

I've also noticed that their 4th child, Moriah, is the Lawson of the family. She is 15, the lead singer, and is a main actress in some Christian movie called There? She's the only daughter to have short hair and wears sleeveless shirts/dresses when everyone else seems to be in cap sleeves at the shortest. Interesting family. I was going to find out more but they seem to have deleted their old blog and just have a publicity/touring schedule one now. 

Last thing of note: they tragically lost their 8th child, Johnathan. I find it surprising that the 9th child was named Cassia (with no virtue meaning as far as I can tell) and 10th child Mercy, not the other way around. 

ANDDDDD after all that, I just went back and checked and this iS on the spreadsheet. Sorry for the redundancy!

Yes, we mentioned it earlier on the thread but it may not have been entered into the list. 

Ethan Plath is engaged to Olivia Meggs and they are kissing a lot in their engagement photos. Plus Olivia Meggs doesn’t dress fundie. Her 18 year old sister Lydia Meggs wears tiny bikinis and shortie shorts. I will add there is nothing wrong with that! She has long beautiful legs. May as well show them off! 

Ok clearly I've been stalking too much. 

Olivia Meggs has a brother, Elijah. Elijah is married to a woman named Faith Elizabeth. She was 23 when she met Elijah and they were engaged 27 days after meeting. THEN after a month of being engaged, they moved up the wedding by 6 weeks after counseling from the families and "re-enacted" the wedding on the original date. And then a baby came 9.5 months after the first wedding date. But besides moving up the wedding date to (presumably) know each other biblically, Faith also is ALL IN on being a helpmeet. Her insta handle his "the chieftain's wife," (and HIS is thechieftan I actually can't even), she calls her husband clan leader, and loves Debi Pearl's book.

But she is just so extra. I've included part of her blog post where she introduces Elijah because it's just too much. She is 23 writing this!

Spoiler

August 15, 2015

I am going to be married....   But not just that...........    I'm going to marry Elijah James Meggs......

Yes to you he's no one.   He's a name... And may always be just that to you..........   But to me, in my world, he's everything, right after the Creator Jesus!

He's strong, handsome, brave, tall, blue-eyed, a knock-out, cowboyish, history-loving, eye-candy.... and most of all a man after God's heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a man I love with all my heart, mind, and strength and one I won't EVER give up.      He's one I've waited 23 years for and would willing to wait another 20, if need be but it would be OHHHH SOOOO LOOOONNNNGGGGGG yet short - for the love I have for him would make it seem days! 

My Beloved isn't just a man.   Another face....   He's the one I've had to pass up other men for.   He's the one I've had to hold my soul for.   He's the one I've prayed for and asked God to pick.....   Because the men I've picked weren't quite 'right'.......

To wait IS HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You virgins (like me) KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've heard it EVERYWHERE 'its worth the wait'..... I say again it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Mama stopped me in the kitchen and said "Did you get an email?"   I said "From who?"   She had a twinkle in her eyes and she said "You'll see...."   :)

So of course I had to check my email........... and WOW!!!!!!!!! An email from Elijah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D   I opened it and unlike others he was apologizing.... I was like "Oh no!   Its a 'goodbye' email'...." :(    But as I read on I was ready to SCREAM for JOY!   He said "I am sorry if I surprise you here, but I am VERY JEALOUS and don't like the idea of SHARING you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

After SOOOOOO long of writing I was like YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That was  June 23rd  at about  4pm......... ;)   

So that's when we officially began courting. 

Then about a month later in emailing, Elijah was saying how couldn't wait to hold me.... ;)   In my mind I was thinking "WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can't wait either.... but I'm only courting you and you never 'claimed' me?????"........ ;););)  

So............ :)   I just simply replied to him, "When is all this gonna happen?"

He said “as soon as possible..... ;)”   Then he asked my Daddy.......... :):):):):):)   (He'd been talking to Daddy off and on since April). :)

Then Daddy asked me when I wanted Elijah to come down, as it was a question he should ask in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And so we picked some dates.   Then Daddy and Mama gave Elijah the dates, and they got word back from him that he'd come down, but not to tell me when........ So.... that was REALLY exciting!!!!!!!!!!!   Having to be on pins and needles... he could show up at ANY time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Then  on Friday morning (August 7th) as I went to check my phone to see if he emailed..... at my desk..... I saw out my window he and Adam come around the house..... I was gasping... "Its.... its.... them......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   He came in and we side-hugged for the first time EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That was stiff and our stomachs were instantly invaded by swarms of butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D   

So right off the bat Mama had us make the menu and then go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Abigail 'attended' us and then at the Dollar store my cousin, whom I hardly see, checked us out and that was a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :):):):):)    The Lord was just 'showing us off'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D    And the Neals (our friend's) dance was that night!   And I was sooo excited and nervous for I would be going with my BEAU, for the first time.... and this had all been 'under wraps'.... for we weren't certain and hey.... for the fun of it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Her insta is full of captions with about 50 smiley faces too. And she's a 26 year-old mom of 1.5. (which by the way, if she should be included in the baby spreadsheet, they don't know the sex of #2 and are due around Nov 25)

she is truly the most extra and most enthusiastic help-meet I've seen since the old Mortons and I had to share with you all. 

This entire post had me banging my head: http://www.meggsmissions.com/2018/06/lessons-on-authority.html#more (TLDR: her husband was jealous, the bedroom was not pleasurable, and then their house burned down and she realized she must submit everything to God and be the perfect helpmeet and never criticize her husband or worry about finances or anything because then she's not respecting him and if she doesn't respect him her children won't believe in God. Makes total sense)

http://elijahfaithmeggs.blogspot.com

https://www.instagram.com/thecheiftanswife/

55 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Ok clearly I've been stalking too much. 

Olivia Meggs has a brother, Elijah. Elijah is married to a woman named Faith Elizabeth. She was 23 when she met Elijah and they were engaged 27 days after meeting. THEN after a month of being engaged, they moved up the wedding by 6 weeks after counseling from the families and "re-enacted" the wedding on the original date. And then a baby came 9.5 months after the first wedding date. But besides moving up the wedding date to (presumably) know each other biblically, Faith also is ALL IN on being a helpmeet. Her insta handle his "the chieftain's wife," (and HIS is thechieftan I actually can't even), she calls her husband clan leader, and loves Debi Pearl's book.

But she is just so extra. I've included part of her blog post where she introduces Elijah because it's just too much. She is 23 writing this!

Hide contents

August 15, 2015

I am going to be married....   But not just that...........    I'm going to marry Elijah James Meggs......

Yes to you he's no one.   He's a name... And may always be just that to you..........   But to me, in my world, he's everything, right after the Creator Jesus!

He's strong, handsome, brave, tall, blue-eyed, a knock-out, cowboyish, history-loving, eye-candy.... and most of all a man after God's heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a man I love with all my heart, mind, and strength and one I won't EVER give up.      He's one I've waited 23 years for and would willing to wait another 20, if need be but it would be OHHHH SOOOO LOOOONNNNGGGGGG yet short - for the love I have for him would make it seem days! 

My Beloved isn't just a man.   Another face....   He's the one I've had to pass up other men for.   He's the one I've had to hold my soul for.   He's the one I've prayed for and asked God to pick.....   Because the men I've picked weren't quite 'right'.......

To wait IS HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You virgins (like me) KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've heard it EVERYWHERE 'its worth the wait'..... I say again it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Mama stopped me in the kitchen and said "Did you get an email?"   I said "From who?"   She had a twinkle in her eyes and she said "You'll see...."   :)

So of course I had to check my email........... and WOW!!!!!!!!! An email from Elijah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D   I opened it and unlike others he was apologizing.... I was like "Oh no!   Its a 'goodbye' email'...." :(    But as I read on I was ready to SCREAM for JOY!   He said "I am sorry if I surprise you here, but I am VERY JEALOUS and don't like the idea of SHARING you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

After SOOOOOO long of writing I was like YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That was  June 23rd  at about  4pm......... ;)   

So that's when we officially began courting. 

Then about a month later in emailing, Elijah was saying how couldn't wait to hold me.... ;)   In my mind I was thinking "WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can't wait either.... but I'm only courting you and you never 'claimed' me?????"........ ;););)  

So............ :)   I just simply replied to him, "When is all this gonna happen?"

He said “as soon as possible..... ;)”   Then he asked my Daddy.......... :):):):):):)   (He'd been talking to Daddy off and on since April). :)

Then Daddy asked me when I wanted Elijah to come down, as it was a question he should ask in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And so we picked some dates.   Then Daddy and Mama gave Elijah the dates, and they got word back from him that he'd come down, but not to tell me when........ So.... that was REALLY exciting!!!!!!!!!!!   Having to be on pins and needles... he could show up at ANY time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Then  on Friday morning (August 7th) as I went to check my phone to see if he emailed..... at my desk..... I saw out my window he and Adam come around the house..... I was gasping... "Its.... its.... them......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   He came in and we side-hugged for the first time EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That was stiff and our stomachs were instantly invaded by swarms of butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D   

So right off the bat Mama had us make the menu and then go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Abigail 'attended' us and then at the Dollar store my cousin, whom I hardly see, checked us out and that was a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :):):):):)    The Lord was just 'showing us off'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D    And the Neals (our friend's) dance was that night!   And I was sooo excited and nervous for I would be going with my BEAU, for the first time.... and this had all been 'under wraps'.... for we weren't certain and hey.... for the fun of it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Her insta is full of captions with about 50 smiley faces too. And she's a 26 year-old mom of 1.5. (which by the way, if she should be included in the baby spreadsheet, they don't know the sex of #2 and are due around Nov 25)

she is truly the most extra and most enthusiastic help-meet I've seen since the old Mortons and I had to share with you all. 

This entire post had me banging my head: http://www.meggsmissions.com/2018/06/lessons-on-authority.html#more (TLDR: her husband was jealous, the bedroom was not pleasurable, and then their house burned down and she realized she must submit everything to God and be the perfect helpmeet and never criticize her husband or worry about finances or anything because then she's not respecting him and if she doesn't respect him her children won't believe in God. Makes total sense)

http://elijahfaithmeggs.blogspot.com

https://www.instagram.com/thecheiftanswife/

There was a thread about her. I can’t remember what it was called though. Her marriage is very different from Olivia’s future marriage. They’ve been engaged forever it seems and already bought a house. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived