IGNORED

Fundies and the Marriage Market (Unmarried Fundies 5)

Bethella

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The younger Morton’s are so much luckier than the older ones. 

I do wonder what the older ones think about it - are they relieved their siblings get more freedom than they did, or do they resent it?  It's not just the Mortons, it's all the families that walk back - like the older Bates daughters having to be brief side hugs only, and their siblings are all cuddling up all the time, and of course, the older Shupe daughters.  It doesn't seem like any megafamily gets more strict as their kids get older - and it's the older kids that bear the brunt, whether their parents converted after they were born, or always like that.

(Even if they're not kissing in that shot, no way would the older Morton sons be allowed to hug like that, or be with a woman who wears summer dresses like that.   There's nothing wrong with the dress at all, it's a lovely photo, but it's not so long ago that the Mortons were extreme-modest)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2018 at 3:38 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Good for Anna. We knew she was going away from the Seven farmgirls frumpers and head coverings. I am guessing Susannah will be next on the dressing more mainstream. Jessica and Leah may end up being the only ones left wearing the frumpers and head coverings all the time. 

Susannah already dresses exclusively modern modest. The rest of them seem to wear modern modest and frumpers as mood takes them, except Leah who is the only one left who appears to be frumpers-only.

1 minute ago, Triplet3 said:

Susannah already dresses exclusively modern modest. The rest of them seem to wear modern modest and frumpers as mood takes them, except Leah who is the only one left who appears to be frumpers-only.

Susannah and Anna seem close to me. So I kind of assume Anna will rub off on Susannah. Their parents do seem to let them make a lot of their own decisions. 

If this is the James Ference we've been discussing, he got married on December 31st to a Sarah LeAnn Davis: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008844847799&lst=719336660%3A100008844847799%3A1530245758

Tori Webster and Daniel Chavez (we speculated about them before) got married on June 2nd based on this registry: https://registry.theknot.com/victoria-webster-daniel-chavez-june-2018/24799779

@albireo that Victoria Webster/Daniel Chavez couple are listed as being from New London CT. I wouldn't think it was the ones we're talking about.

9 hours ago, albireo said:

If this is the James Ference we've been discussing, he got married on December 31st to a Sarah LeAnn Davis: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008844847799&lst=719336660%3A100008844847799%3A1530245758

Holy shit! That's the one & the same James Ference.  For some history, go here.

What is this, wife #5 or #6?

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Holy shit! That's the one & the same James Ference.  For some history, go here.

What is this, wife #5 or #6?

#6, I believe

On 7/2/2018 at 3:05 AM, Mrs. Bean said:

I bet every one of his 5 previous wives and who knows how many girlfriends could say the same! 

I always wonder, if he could find six different women to marry (or defraud by committing bigamy with, as this is Ference we're talking about), how many women has he proposed to?  How many was he dating, who look back and are relieved they didn't get sucked in further?

I'm not convinced Breezy Brookshire is in a relationship. She's listed as single on her FB page.

3 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

I'm not convinced Breezy Brookshire is in a relationship. She's listed as single on her FB page.

I don’t know much about Breezy’s relationship but I know that a lot of people just don’t update their status on fb anymore. 

8 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t know much about Breezy’s relationship but I know that a lot of people just don’t update their status on fb anymore. 

It looks like the relationship ended. The relationship was on her public FB page (I didn't check his) in early June but both are now listed as single. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bethany Chavez posted a picture of herself with a young man with his arm around her. Comments were like “cute <3” and that sort of stuff. But not long after she posted, she took it down. Whoops! Maybe she didn’t mean to post something hinting at a relationship in her public Instagram. 

I can't with fundies who say stuff like that!
"but if God rewrites those plans" --> you mean if simple biology rewrites those plans. Unless you suffer from infertility, you will get pregnant when you have sex without using any form of contraception or NFP. So, if you really don't want to get pregnant right away, you will have to take preventive measures, like using condoms or practice NFP. Praying that God won't make you pregnant is not actually a contraceptive method.

:angry-screaming:

"If God rewrites those plans" in Christianese means "if God breaks the condom" or "if God gives me a surprise ovulation" or "if God makes him forget to pull out in time".

Good old God, creating birth control slip-ups since 6000 B.C. 

Hi all! I couldn't find it on FOTW, but how old are all of the Wissmann siblings? I saw the Kingerys' post for Michelle's birthday and didn't realize she was 28, so that led me to be interested in all of the siblings' and spouses' (where applicable) ages.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

Hi all! I couldn't find it on FOTW, but how old are all of the Wissmann siblings? I saw the Kingerys' post for Michelle's birthday and didn't realize she was 28, so that led me to be interested in all of the siblings' and spouses' (where applicable) ages.

I feel really stalkerish saying this but years ago I stalked the Wissmann blog for their ages. For the inlaws I found out through insta and I also looked at a couple public records but I’m not sure if they’re correct. (I’m sure about Alan, Michelle and Dan though):

Rachel: Jan 31st 1982-36 (Married to Alan: Aug 1st 1972-45)

Ruth: Aug 16th 1983-34 (Married to Ryan: Feb 3rd 1982 -36 )

Josiah: Feb 23rd 1985-33 (Married to Abi: Mar 27th 1987- 31)

Bethany: Jul 10th 1986-32 (Married to Dan: Jun 28th 1988- 30)

Andrew: Feb 29th 1988- 30 (Married to Kori: Nov 18th 1988-29)

Elizabeth: Sep 21st 1989- 28 (Single)

Matthias: Jun 18th 1991-27 (Married to Michelle: Jul 21st 1990-28)

Stephen: Jul 15th 1993- 25 (Single)

Hannah: Jun 23rd 1995- 23 (Single)

Susanna: Mar 7th 1997- 21 (Single)

Alaythia: Oct 22nd 1999- 18 (Single)

Nathanael: Oct 28th 2001-16 

Charissa: Sep 25th 2006-11

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I feel really stalkerish saying this but years ago I stalked the Wissmann blog for their ages. For the inlaws I found out through insta and I also looked at a couple public records but I’m not sure if they’re correct. (I’m sure about Alan, Michelle and Dan though):

I didn’t have any of the inlaws but all the other dates match my lists 

Campbell Conley and John Morton are apparently engaged. She's posted a series of "showing off the ring" videos to her ig.

16 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Campbell Conley and John Morton are apparently engaged. She's posted a series of "showing off the ring" videos to her ig.

Here’s a picture:

1BCCAB3D-1CDF-47C3-A3D7-E5273B9549F1.png

• VaSportsMom locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived