IGNORED

Fundies and the Marriage Market (Unmarried Fundies 5)

Bethella

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Briefly My dad's birthday is Dec 26 and he hates it and always has. We try to have a little half birthday celebration in July but..."trying" and "half birthday" still isn't the same. I sympathize!

I know I have no evidence of this whatsoever given that I never mentioned this on FJ, but I predicted a Staddon would end up with a Frazer! The Frazers (blog: https://www.frazerfamily.ca/blog/) started doing FEW a couple of years ago, even hosting it in Quebec, and are therefore 'new blood' for the group including the Staddons, Wilkeses, Neelys etc. Also, I noticed at the time that this April Elizabeth posted a picture of a cake she made for a beekeeper and wondered whether it was for Michael (he's the beekeeping Staddon).

So, the Staddons are finally marrying off one of their older unmarrieds. One less available for Sarah Maxwell! Well, I suppose there's still Donald who's older than her... (he turns 40 next year, I think).

Holy Rufus! A Staddon is getting married. Who would have thought?? 

I have never heard about the Frazer family, but I will hop over to their blog and check them out. 

Just by the first look they seem to be the frumpy, head covering type. I find that somewhat refreshing. Haven't we just recently talked about the fact that the number of old-fashioned fundies (and their blogs) is getting smaller and smaller and that a lot of the families that once were very strict (Mortons et al) are starting to blend in with their worldly environment? That doesn't apply to them apparently. Unfortunately their blog is down right now so this rabbit hole will have to wait. 

There’s a fundie thing hosted in Quebec of all places?! I have so many questions. Do the Frazers live in Quebec? What’s their denomination? The ‘modern plain’ headcovering sort seem a dying breed so this is interesting.

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There’s a fundie thing hosted in Quebec of all places?! I have so many questions. Do the Frazers live in Quebec? What’s their denomination? The ‘modern plain’ headcovering sort seem a dying breed so this is interesting.

They do live there. They were the ones hosting. They have a blog that was linked upthread. They’ve had the blog for 9 years and still keep it up. 

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They do live there. They were the ones hosting. They have a blog that was linked upthread. They’ve had the blog for 9 years and still keep it up. 

Thanks! I did glance at their blog, but I was just looking at the 'About Us' section and didn't see anything about Quebec. Wow. I don't have time to peruse the whole blog, so if anyone knows their history and wants to share, that would be awesome... Are they actually from Quebec? Did they move there at some point? Do they have a church there with other people who share their fundamentalist beliefs? Were they born into it or did they convert at some point? So many questions...

21 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Thanks! I did glance at their blog, but I was just looking at the 'About Us' section and didn't see anything about Quebec. Wow. I don't have time to peruse the whole blog, so if anyone knows their history and wants to share, that would be awesome... Are they actually from Quebec? Did they move there at some point? Do they have a church there with other people who share their fundamentalist beliefs? Were they born into it or did they convert at some point? So many questions...

This is their latest blog entry. It looks like another Frazer daughter is with a bee keeper too. But his name is French sounding so I’m guessing he’s from her neck of the woods. 

550AB003-36DB-445C-8F70-A424A5E071F7.jpeg

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is their latest blog entry. It looks like another Frazer daughter got engaged to a bee keeper too. But his name is French sounding so I’m guessing he’s from her neck of the woods. 

550AB003-36DB-445C-8F70-A424A5E071F7.jpeg

Yes, he's definitely Quebecois. Dudes, I just have so. many. questions. :pb_lol: Okay. I'm going to have to set aside some time today and actually delve into the archives of their blog. I need to know how this headcovering fundie family exists in Quebec and who this Quebecois guy marrying one of them is. 

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, he's definitely Quebecois. Dudes, I just have so. many. questions. :pb_lol: Okay. I'm going to have to set aside some time today and actually delve into the archives of their blog. I need to know how this headcovering fundie family exists in Quebec and who this Quebecois guy marrying one of them is. 

Two of their older sons are married to women who don’t head cover but look like they are probably fundie. It looks like one son has three children and one has two children. Their youngest daughter has Down Syndrome. They have two unmarried adult sons that might be good matches for Neely girls. They have a few SAHDs. 

Now I’m disappointed another Staddon brother didn’t snatch up one of those Frazer girls so there can be another fundie double...

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their sons had a double wedding in 2013! I love a good fundie double! And I think the girls are sisters! David is married to Erica and Nathanael is married to Samantha. I think their maiden name is Taylor.

https://www.frazerfamily.ca/2013/

D7175C6B-658C-4ACC-8E5D-2D9EBCAAE1C8.jpeg

Oh the modesty! I'm not snarking per se, people should feel comfortable and happy with their wedding dress, but they are the dictionary definition of modest wedding dresses.

1 hour ago, EmainMacha said:

Oh the modesty! I'm not snarking per se, people should feel comfortable and happy with their wedding dress, but they are the dictionary definition of modest wedding dresses.

They are about 2 sizes too big. 

I feel like Michael Staddon would have been one of the few matches for Sarah. Of course it’s possible Steve would say no to anyone. But I feel like the Staddons are close enough to Steve’s brand of fundie to make the cut. But he probably would never move to Leavenworth. I guess Donald Staddon is still a possibility but he really isn’t conventionally handsome. I know looks aren’t everything. But they at least matter a little to most people. Maybe Mary or Sarah can marry a younger Staddon. But again, I doubt they would move to Leavenworth for Steve.

Their blog has a link to the Maxwell blog! Are they...what some might call friends? Do we need a thread?

23 minutes ago, albireo said:

Their blog has a link to the Maxwell blog! Are they...what some might call friends? Do we need a thread?

Too bad they live in Canada. There’s no way Steve would allow Mary or Anna to marry a Canadian and move away. And I doubt a Canadian fundie guy would move to the US for a girl. I’m guessing a Neely girl/Frazer guy match is more likely. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are about 2 sizes too big. 

I have noticed that in quite a few fundie weddings.  I don't know if it's just that they are so big on making their own dresses and either don't have the time or the talent, or if it's part of the modesty thing.  The dresses are pretty, maybe not totally my style but I do like simple, classic and understated styles. And I think the bride should always get the dress she wants.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

Saw that also--and immediately wondered if there would be a match possible between a Maxwell daughter and a Frazer son.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

I'd say enough of us are intrigued to warrant a thread.

Thank you for the link. The engagement story for Elizabeth Frazer and Michael Staddon is now on the family blog. It sounds like it was somewhat spontaneous and he will be doing an upgrade on the engagement ring.

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

If she was also wearing a beige shirt, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Yet another fundie couple that look like siblings! 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

If she was also wearing a beige shirt, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

And wow, this is total BEC, but that is a super unattractive tshirt & headscaft combo. I could find a more attractive outfit within 5 minutes at my local Goodwill.

I wonder how daddy Staddon's cancer is doing (which he seems to be treating with some sort of alternative therapy). And how much of an income do these beekeepers make?

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived