IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

8 hours ago, Koala said:

50.PNG.cffd2520667b1f4a2b38835302bb0dc8.PNG

I've just come across this now. I haven't been on here for ages! But that doodle thingy of Lori's really bothered me. As some of you know, I write kinky erotic romance. No, it's certainly not written as an instruction manual, but to be honest, I don't actually see a problem with a married couple having kinky sex. What's wrong with it? If it's consensual and enjoyable, how is it a sin? Didn't God give us our bodies to enjoy with each other? I'm sure there's a Bible verse somewhere that says pretty much that. And the Song of Solomon certainly indicates that exploring and enjoying each other's bodies is a good thing. God created our bodies. He made us sensual creatures, He created the different spots of our bodies that give us pleasure. How can anything sexual be offensive to Him, if He made us this way? I'm genuinely confused about that.

Also, considering Lori insists she's never seen Fifty Shades, how does she even know what's in it? Is she just guessing? Seriously, 50 Shades is tame, compared to some stuff out there.

If anyone who know the Bible better than me can please find me a verse that says "spicing up" our sex life is a sin, please let me know. Thanks. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken is as hateful and horrible as his wife. He is an apologist for abusers and defends and espouses hurtful and hateful things. The two of them deserve each other. Simply vile.

Totally off topic, we had spanikopita, lamb chops, and Indian yoghurt cucumber salad for supper. 

@Escadora, I really enjoy butternut squash diced and cooked in the oven with butter, Himalayan pink salt and drizzled with that golden blue agave syrup at the end, unless you prefer brown sugar.  Yummy.  

@Alisamer,we ate McDonald's because that's what my girls wanted, and they hardly ever get McDonalds, so that was that.  We had those two for one McDonald's Slushies with it.  I'm right there with you on thinking of this as pathetic, but hey, it was food and my girls were happy about it.

41 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I don’t see a thing wrong with frozen pizza- there are some I think are really good! 

We had baked cod with roasted Parmesan broccoli. I had a protein shake before bed. 

My purist side cringes because I know it's highly processed and full of preservatives but days like today when we are out until dark in the garden, it's an easy option. I can't have gluten so I scrape the topping on a salad. I'm going to have a garden fresh cucumber with it too. 

I got the rest of my herb garden in tonight. I now have lime basil, pineapple sage, golden sage, lemon & trad thyme, apple mint, pineapple mint, lime mint, orange mint, chocolate mint, spearmint, candy mint, parsley and lemon catnip in addition to my already eatablished Rosemary, lavender, oregano & sweet & purple basil. I'm sucker for herbs. I love to pet and smell them. 

If anyone who know the Bible better than me can please find me a verse that says "spicing up" our sex life is a sin, please let me know.

You won't find such a verse. In fact, the Song of Songs is filled with spice! The bible gives a whole lot of freedom for sexual exploration within marriage. Through my marriage ministry work, I have a lot of friends who are Christian sex educators, sex therapists, and writers about sex in marriage. While they don't all have the exact same views, some of them will say that there is no problem with 50 Shades type stuff as long as it is fully consensual and no one comes away feeling degraded.

Lori is occasionally right with some of her comments about sex, but she totally misses the purpose of sex in a Christian marriage.

Okay well I'm definitely going to bake or roast it them, then, if that's the consensus on how they're good :D. I'm all for an ingredient that can be either savoury or sweet so I'm not sure what I'll go for seasoning-wise. I'll check back in tomorrow and say how it went. Come Halloween time I'll be working with fresh pumpkin too (tinned pumpkin is something I just can't seem to find here in the UK) so I'm looking forward to all the different kinds of things I could make with that also.

Thank you @Alisamer, @EowynW, and @ladyicantxplain for the suggestions. 

Everyone's dinners sound good. I love some good food talk. We had carnitas enchiladas. It's a recipe thats actually a lot of work. I made my carnitas in the crockpot the day before. After 8-10 hours cooking, the meat is removed, deboned and defatted. The liquid is separated and fat drained off. The liquid goes into a pan and reduced and seasonings corrected, then added back to the shredded pork and baked in the oven to add some crispness. Next, the enchilada sauce is made from scratch. Dried peppers have to be soaked and blended and cooked in two different processes. Finally, I prep the ingredients for assembly. Mr Nova fries the tortillas and I handle the sauce and assembly. I make several trays and freeze for later. I bake them in the oven for 20 minutes and serve with rice and salad. 

@molecule Thank you! I didn't think there were any verses to say kinky sex was bad, but I wasn't 100% sure.  The way some fundie Christians have reacted to what I write, I was a wee bit worried there was something I had missed.  And yes, it definitely needs to be consensual, otherwise it's abuse.

25 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My purist side cringes because I know it's highly processed and full of preservatives but days like today when we are out until dark in the garden, it's an easy option. I can't have gluten so I scrape the topping on a salad. I'm going to have a garden fresh cucumber with it too. 

I got the rest of my herb garden in tonight. I now have lime basil, pineapple sage, golden sage, lemon & trad thyme, apple mint, pineapple mint, lime mint, orange mint, chocolate mint, spearmint, candy mint, parsley and lemon catnip in addition to my already eatablished Rosemary, lavender, oregano & sweet & purple basil. I'm sucker for herbs. I love to pet and smell them. 

Ooh, you've got some mints and other herbs I haven't heard of! Now I want to try growing candy mint and lime basil. I found a new-to-me thyme a couple weeks ago at my farmer's market. Pizza thyme! It really does smell like it belongs all over a pizza!  :my_smile:

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Ooh, you've got some mints and other herbs I haven't heard of! Now I want to try growing candy mint and lime basil. I found a new-to-me thyme a couple weeks ago at my farmer's market. Pizza thyme! It really does smell like it belongs all over a pizza!  :my_smile:

Ooooooooooooooooooooo I need that one. 

Basik is is so easy to grow from seed. 

I just had some tortellini with broccoli since I was late getting dinner.  My granddaughter and I had pancakes with maple syrup for lunch.  Tomorrow I'll be better prepared for her to spend the day here.  It was a last minute situation today.

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooo I need that one. 

Basik is is so easy to grow from seed. 

I have it in a terracotta pot in my kitchen window. It's so pretty. :)

Basil is hard for me to grow, either from seed or from a purchased plant. I keep trying, though, I've got some in my window that's doing...okay. I forget the variety. I had some regular basil (sweet basil, the basic one you always find at Walmart or Lowe's?) out in my back garden, but some bug got it and left the leaves so ragged and full of holes that I just pulled it up and said forget it. Poor thing never had a chance. I may get another one and try it in my window.

Tonight's dinner:

Appetizer: Caramel Frappuccinos

Meal: Frozen Pizza. 

Tomorrow: who the hell knows...quite possibly baked chicken breasts with bacon-ranch pasta salad.

Once I start working again, there'll be a lot of quick and easy/take out happening. 

I was baaaad about dinner tonight.  I ate a huge wedge of watermelon and then, because I was desperately craving one, went down to Dairy Queen for a small chocolate extreme blizzard.  Must eat a more healthy dinner tomorrow night.

As for Lori's "chicken pot pie" (ha) soup, it looks like cream of crap. 

In an absolutely shocking twist, Lori has made (and posted a picture of) Sourdough Einkorn Bread.  I know, I know- what will she do next?  

Seriously though, I am truly fascinated by the fact that she thinks people want to see pictures of this bread (every single time she bakes it).  I even got to thinking I must be imagining things.  Surely she couldn't be posting about bread as much as I thought she was.  So I counted.  Totally serious.  I sat here and ate a peanut butter ice-cream cone, and I counted.

I would suggest making a drinking game out of it, but you'd be dog sick in not time flat. 

*To be counted, the Instagram had to have a picture of the bread/bread making process, and have the words "Sourdough Einkorn Bread"*  

November 8th, November 9th, November 10th, November 15th, November 16th, December 3rd, December 14th,January 18th, January 21st, March 4th, March 11th, March 15th, March 18th, March 20th, March 21st, March 26th, March 27th, April 5th, April 17th, April 23rd, June 5th.

That's 21 times.   21 posts/pictures...of bread.  :pb_confused:  What am I missing here?  

As if that wasn't enough, Lori made no less that "Youtubes" <---as she likes to call them, all about Sourdough Einkorn Bread.

As I said before, what on earth am I missing here?  How can bread be *that* interesting?!

I love bread but does she have to post about the same freaking bread all the time?

Ken is an idiot and I highly doubt that is the kind of submission Paul was even talking about if wifely submission is supposed to be a thing. Paul doesn't seem like the type to cater to nonsense so I doubt he'd promote wives letting their husbands just be assholes. As yes Ken, wives can decide right and wrong in a marriage it's part of being a thinking human being that is supposed to be striving for a higher standard so cut the bull. They can also declare something to be petty. 

I don't think the Bible is against some spice in a couples' sex life. I would personally draw the line at anything that draws blood and inflicts pain (and by pain I don't mean light spanking although that's not my thing),  involves multiple partners, or is degrading. I know people have different preferences but the thought of inflicting pain on someone churns my stomach.  

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Ken is an idiot and I highly doubt that is the kind of submission Paul was even talking about if wifely submission is supposed to be a thing

Ever notice these "command men" never reference the REST of that Ephesians 5 passage...that starts with "Husbands, LOVE your wives..."? THAT was countercultural at the time. IF I remember right, a man could "put away" a wife for shits and grins and go bring in a new model and the old wife would be fucked. Paul is telling husbands that they have to LOVE their wives as Christ loves the church...so like, not treating your wife like shit (like so many of these idiots seem to do)...

Again, my pastor has preached on this and he says that if your wife isn't respecting you, she doesn't have the problem, you do. Look in the mirror before you look around you. What have you done to lose your wife's respect? 

Unlike so many of these idiots, he puts it all on the man...yes, he's supposed to be the leader but if he isn't getting the respect, he needs to figure out who he pissed off and how he pissed them off and what he can do to put it right. I'd LOVE to see a debate on this between him and Kenny-boy...Pastor T would wipe the floor with Kenny-boy. And, no, Lori would NOT be permitted to "mentor" any woman in our church unless she was vetted by Pastor T and the elders...and that would NEVER happen. 

8 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Ever notice these "command men" never reference the REST of that Ephesians 5 passage...that starts with "Husbands, LOVE your wives..."? THAT was countercultural at the time. IF I remember right, a man could "put away" a wife for shits and grins and go bring in a new model and the old wife would be fucked. Paul is telling husbands that they have to LOVE their wives as Christ loves the church...so like, not treating your wife like shit (like so many of these idiots seem to do)...

If they started at THE FIRST VERSE of Ephesians 5, they (might) see that ALL Christians are to be "imitators of God...walking in LOVE".  Hmmmm....let's see...how do we imitate God?  Does God think less of his daughters than His sons? Does God "discipline" (I MEAN TEACH, not their perverse definition of discipline) only His daughters, or also His sons?  Does God esteem men more highly than women?  Husbands more highly than wives?

It all goes back to their incredibly CORRUPT understanding of God the Father which looks NOTHING like Jesus, Who was and is the FULL and PERFECT revelation of God the Father.  So, if Jesus didn't do it, GOD DOESN'T WANT IT DONE, EITHER.

Mercy, you would think they would know this, being such Bible scholars and all.

2 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

If they started at THE FIRST VERSE of Ephesians, they (might) see that ALL Christians are to be "imitators of God...walking in LOVE".  Hmmmm....let's see...how do we imitate God?  Does God think less of his daughters than His sons? Does God "discipline" (I MEAN TEACH, not their perverse definition of discipline) only His daughters, or also his sons?  Does God esteem men more highly than women?  Husbands more highly than wives?

Many of my female Christian friends and I refer to ourselves as Princesses...because our Father is the KING. We're NOT second class...in Genesis..."male and female He created them"...There is a lot of feminine imagery in OT descriptions of God...he is like a hen who tucks his chicks under his wings to start (I know there's more but I'm too tired to look them all up)...

I think the whole crew of them hate women...even the women hate themselves. Personally, I'm thrilled to be a woman...to have given life to three incredible brand new (not-so) little beings, having a husband who loves me beyond reason (and does a damn fine job of mirroring God's love for me in his actions). I am inferior to no-one and nothing...I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, which is cool. I was just as fearfully and wonderfully made as any other creation of God's. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

I think the whole crew of them hate women...even the women hate themselves. Personally, I'm thrilled to be a woman...to have given life to three incredible brand new (not-so) little beings, having a husband who loves me beyond reason (and does a damn fine job of mirroring God's love for me in his actions). I am inferior to no-one and nothing...I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, which is cool. I was just as fearfully and wonderfully made as any other creation of God's. 

Personally it rocks my world that Jesus SPECIFICALLY uses the term "sons of God" to refer to BOTH male and female in the Bible, because He knew that at that time, only sons received an inheritance.  So, He basically LEVELED THE PLAYING FIELD for us ladies by saying we RECEIVE THE SAME INHERITANCE as our brothers.  Huge.  People hearing this at the time would've been STUNNED.

It was a revolutionary statement.  And there are many more, as you well know.

Love it that you call yourself a princess.  

And hey, you may think you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer...but are you the best knife in the dishwasher?

(I couldn't resist...geeky humor).

Carry on, I love reading what  you share.

13 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

And hey, you may think you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer...but are you the best knife in the dishwasher?

Yup...I'm that nice sharp chef's knife that bites back when handled roughly! 

14 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

So, He basically LEVELED THE PLAYING FIELD for us ladies by saying we RECEIVE THE SAME INHERITANCE as our brothers.  Huge.  People hearing this at the time would've been STUNNED.

Yes...Jesus and Paul rocked the world of that time...women were no longer to be second class citizens...Somewhere in there (I forget where) there's something about women being in the image of God because WE are the life-givers. If it wasn't for us...well...ya know? 

These idiots don't get it. Yes, men and women have different purposes...like, men can't get knocked up sort of purposes...but there is unquestioned equality to be found in scripture. If you read many of Paul's epistles with the right historical and cultural references you can see that he was seriously countercultural...yet these morons force THEIR ideas into the writings...BIG no-no when it comes to scriptural interpretation. If you don't understand the history and culture of the times, you'll get ALL fucked up...(says she who is one class short of a degree in biblical studies from a conservative Christian university)

1 hour ago, Koala said:

In an absolutely shocking twist, Lori has made (and posted a picture of) Sourdough Einkorn Bread.  I know, I know- what will she do next?  

Seriously though, I am truly fascinated by the fact that she thinks people want to see pictures of this bread (every single time she bakes it).  I even got to thinking I must be imagining things.  Surely she couldn't be posting about bread as much as I thought she was.  So I counted.  Totally serious.  I sat here and ate a peanut butter ice-cream cone, and I counted.

I would suggest making a drinking game out of it, but you'd be dog sick in not time flat. 

*To be counted, the Instagram had to have a picture of the bread/bread making process, and have the words "Sourdough Einkorn Bread"*  

November 8th, November 9th, November 10th, November 15th, November 16th, December 3rd, December 14th,January 18th, January 21st, March 4th, March 11th, March 15th, March 18th, March 20th, March 21st, March 26th, March 27th, April 5th, April 17th, April 23rd, June 5th.

That's 21 times.   21 posts/pictures...of bread.  :pb_confused:  What am I missing here?  

As if that wasn't enough, Lori made no less that "Youtubes" <---as she likes to call them, all about Sourdough Einkorn Bread.

As I said before, what on earth am I missing here?  How can bread be *that* interesting?!

She thinks she has bread that is better than everyone else's bread. Everyone else stupidly buys supermarket bread, while only Lori realizes that Eikorn bread provides the best nutrition. 

She has very little in her life and this bread counts as an "accomplishment" that she is boasting about. You know that promotion you boasted about on facebook? this is Lori's promotion.

She believes this bread has magical healthy stuff in it and eating it soothes some of her fears about illness and death.

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

I'd be curious to know what you do with the chocolate mint. I have a ton. For that matter, what do you do with the other mints, like pineapple or lime?

4 hours ago, KDA said:

I've just come across this now. I haven't been on here for ages! But that doodle thingy of Lori's really bothered me. As some of you know, I write kinky erotic romance. No, it's certainly not written as an instruction manual, but to be honest, I don't actually see a problem with a married couple having kinky sex. What's wrong with it? If it's consensual and enjoyable, how is it a sin? Didn't God give us our bodies to enjoy with each other? I'm sure there's a Bible verse somewhere that says pretty much that. And the Song of Solomon certainly indicates that exploring and enjoying each other's bodies is a good thing. God created our bodies. He made us sensual creatures, He created the different spots of our bodies that give us pleasure. How can anything sexual be offensive to Him, if He made us this way? I'm genuinely confused about that.

Also, considering Lori insists she's never seen Fifty Shades, how does she even know what's in it? Is she just guessing? Seriously, 50 Shades is tame, compared to some stuff out there.

If anyone who know the Bible better than me can please find me a verse that says "spicing up" our sex life is a sin, please let me know. Thanks. 

I read that today and rolled my eyes so hard, I saw my brain. I can only imagine Lori's sex advice to her daughters was "missionary" and a hand job. It's sad really, because two people can enjoy so much more - I think especially those in a committed relationship. There is joy and intimacy to be found in caressing that spot you know your partner enjoys so much; a back rub; a hot candle lit bath together; a foot rub - those "little" things that you discover about your love as you spend time together. Then there is....gasp....oral sex. And role play. And fun, consensual activities. It is joyful. Lori talks about intimacy, but I don't believe that she and Ken actually have experienced it.

4 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

@Escadora, I really enjoy butternut squash diced and cooked in the oven with butter, Himalayan pink salt and drizzled with that golden blue agave syrup at the end, unless you prefer brown sugar.  Yummy. 

Every year I have "surprise" veggies in my garden. I have low vision, and use aids like orange carpenter string to sort of get straight rows. However, as I sow and plant, seeds invariably get dropped that I simply can't see. Last year it was romaine lettuce. I had so much of the stuff I couldn't give it away! It popped up on a corner of the garden and then interspersed amongst the other veggies. 

This year's surprise veggie is butternut squash. So far I have 12 that have germinated and popped up in spaces I did not plant them! I am not disappointed though, because I love the stuff. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived