IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

2.0 is gone for me, too, dammit. Hopefully it will be back with a somewhat different name. I always thought it was too close to Lori's for comfort, and that she and Ken would eventually succeed in getting it taken down (if that is indeed what happened today).

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SilverBeach I watched that episode earlier & all I could think about was the most recent discussions here about discipline & women in the workforce.  That is the world I most fear, or at the very least a version of it. 

OMG, I am freaking! I was just on 2.0 a few hours ago!! That place was a haven!!! I can't believe it. I just can't!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Doesn't one have to be a man to mansplain? I kinda just see him as a pest.....pestsplaining. 

I am the Founder, CEO and President of the "Worldwide Pest Association(How May I Annoy You?)".  

I need a Vice President, you are welcome to join.  We exist to point out people who don't know shit from shinola.  Ken is one of our top three nominees for this years award, the others being Lori Alexander and K. B. Davis. 

This is war. Whenever an anti Lori page is taken down, someone needs to start a new one. 

14 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This is war. Whenever an anti Lori page is taken down, someone needs to start a new one. 

Whoever runs things godly women say should move it to facebook. 

20 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Whoever runs things godly women say should move it to facebook. 

There is a page. It just didn’t take off in the same way I don’t think. 

TW 2.0 or Things Godly Women Say- we either need a new page or a way to increase traffic to the Godly Women page. I believe there are women feeling trapped, less than, etc. that need access to the information available there. Yes, there were jokes on the page but there was also a good bit of true biblical teaching and debate. That’s missing from Lori’s page. 

I think that’s why she’s been extra angry of late- comments, likes, and heartfelt discussion on that page and it’s getting attention she wants. It’s been one thing (in my opinion) that has kept her from going viral and we all know that’s what she wants. 

I agree with PP. this is like a declaration of war. Good thing we are on the side of truth and love. 

TGWS is me! 

https://www.facebook.com/Things-Godly-Women-Say-369535266810275/

We are talking about 2.0 now. 

Does the 2.0 owner comment here? There were 500 or some in that group. Next time a group gets that high we need to screenshot all the names and then be able to spread the word when a new page opens. 

8 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I think that’s why she’s been extra angry of late- comments, likes, and heartfelt discussion on that page and it’s getting attention she wants. It’s been one thing (in my opinion) that has kept her from going viral and we all know that’s what she wants. 

Right. So far at least Dale has left up that comment from Jess and his page is much more popular. 

20 hours ago, KDA said:

I've just come across this now. I haven't been on here for ages! But that doodle thingy of Lori's really bothered me. As some of you know, I write kinky erotic romance. No, it's certainly not written as an instruction manual, but to be honest, I don't actually see a problem with a married couple having kinky sex. What's wrong with it? If it's consensual and enjoyable, how is it a sin? Didn't God give us our bodies to enjoy with each other? I'm sure there's a Bible verse somewhere that says pretty much that. And the Song of Solomon certainly indicates that exploring and enjoying each other's bodies is a good thing. God created our bodies. He made us sensual creatures, He created the different spots of our bodies that give us pleasure. How can anything sexual be offensive to Him, if He made us this way? I'm genuinely confused about that.

Also, considering Lori insists she's never seen Fifty Shades, how does she even know what's in it? Is she just guessing? Seriously, 50 Shades is tame, compared to some stuff out there.

If anyone who know the Bible better than me can please find me a verse that says "spicing up" our sex life is a sin, please let me know. Thanks. 

My mom always as long as both partners are comfortable doing whatever in the marriage bed it’s okay and it doesn’t go against gods word. 

Congratulations, Lori.  You've run off a HUGE portion of your audience, and these guys are what you are left with:

jj.PNG.5f9018b602976a1d7665155be27b613f.PNG

How rich is it that JHH thinks others are "ignorant"?  He can't even construct a sentence.  

Then there's Earl, who's always lurking around looking for something to whine about:

earl.PNG.8e00f959139b03aca58df22d73f4bc13.PNG

Google tells me that SJW- Social just warrior

Couple this with Trey's comments yesterday, and you realize that Lori's core audience is batshit crazy, whiny, man-children.

I wonder if Rachelle O'Neal would know? She seemed like she was a frequent commentor so she might have talked to the page owner more frequently 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

TGWS is me! 

https://www.facebook.com/Things-Godly-Women-Say-369535266810275/

We are talking about 2.0 now. 

Does the 2.0 owner comment here? There were 500 or some in that group. Next time a group gets that high we need to screenshot all the names and then be able to spread the word when a new page opens. 

Right. So far at least Dale has left up that comment from Jess and his page is much more popular. 

I don’t know if 2.0 is here but glad to know you are!!! 

Hopefully people will come across TGWS and follow. I think some already did- I did see that discussion which is how I found out about 2.0 and subsequently came here. I would love to beat her at her own game!

I had previously liked and followed TGWS. I think it will catch on a pretty quickly (I hope). 

I’ve reported posts from Lori in the past. I can’t believe her nonsense has been allowed to remain. 

I bet she’s sitting back all smug. I would like to smack her smug, haughty face (and I’m not a violent person- at all- and I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to smack anyone before). 

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Man I hated my female OBGYN, but I realize that I don't hate her because she's a woman, I hated her because she was rude, condescending, and constantly made me feel bad about my labia & sexual history. I was not and am not interested in labiaplasty.

Wait! She had opinions about your labia???  That seems outlandish.

However, my mom's male doctor was so terrible (he was our family doctor growing up, and a friend of mine's dad, which was weird) he once told her a solution for an issue was to just drop a heavy book (like a bible) on the bumpy part of her hand. What a weird guy. 

Actually, that one works. (Maybe we had the same doctor.) I got a weird big cyst on the back of my hand and went to the doctor. He said it was harmless and he could lance it, but the traditional cure was to drop the family Bible on it and that worked fine. So I went home and dropped the OED on it. Problem solved.

after reading more comments: yes -- ganglion cyst. That was it. I didn't know about the potential tissue damage. I guess I got lucky.

3 hours ago, Carol said:

I am the Founder, CEO and President of the "Worldwide Pest Association(How May I Annoy You?)".  

I need a Vice President, you are welcome to join.  We exist to point out people who don't know shit from shinola.  Ken is one of our top three nominees for this years award, the others being Lori Alexander and K. B. Davis. 

I would like to submit myself as a candidate for the VP position...

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

TGWS is me! 

Just liked and commented on your page...fight the good fight! 

On 6/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, Escadora said:

You're the kind of Christian that makes me want to believe in God, and I'm rooting for you with all your upcoming things!

Hear, hear! As a recovered fundie who for years has tried to follow the teachings of Christ, but without the dogma, and who wants to weep at what has become of the Church, I rely on the Christian FreeJingerites and The Christian Left group on Facebook to keep me from turning into a complete religious bigot.

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

[deleted Handmaid’s Tale spoilers because I can’t figure out how to spoiler a quote]

Spoiler tag, please!! (The UK is behind the US for season 2)

7 hours ago, Koala said:

Then there's Earl, who's always lurking around looking for something to whine about:

earl.PNG.8e00f959139b03aca58df22d73f4bc13.PNG

Google tells me that SJW- Social just warrior

Couple this with Trey's comments yesterday, and you realize that Lori's core audience is batshit crazy, whiny, man-children.

I had to Google SJW as well. And when I saw Social Justice Warrior, it all made sense.  Guys like Earl hate women who possess a sense of social justice. 

Super conservatives like to use Social Justice Warrior as an insult because apparently desiring justice is a bad thing. Its right there with feminist and snowflake. It's like they (Earl, Ken, and Trey) see following the Bible outside of the five verses they know as bad thing. The Bible says a lot more about helping the poor than it does about marriages. But what do I know about the Bible? I'm only a female who graduated from a seminary and worked as a librarian at a library where 90% of the books are based on theology or are commentaries. 

I'm a proud Jesus feminist, sjw, snowflake. Maybe I should get a tattoo to prove it? A tiny snowflake might be cute. 

I changed a few words in some titles of Lori's blog posts from May 2018.

Higher paying careers make it harder for fathers to be home full time.

Men become easily discontented.

Are wives powerless to do anything?

Live your dreams. Forget parents.

What is your definition for a full life 4 a dad?

Loving fathers raise secure children.

Do you have a loving marriage?

Men's ministry is broken

Raise your sons right

Love does mean we accept, tolerate, or approve of people.

The Lori Profile

A wonderful way to spend parenthood

Just Adam was deceived?

Husbands lead by loving their wives

Men are destroying the medical profession

The Biblical fundamentalists among us

Man's desire and woman's rule

For those considering divorce - Go!

Fertility is celebrated in the church

Your brain or your life?

Sane men standing against their crazy brothers

Lori censoring  "hate speech"

I have had to take long periods of Lori breaks. Reading anything by her makes me feel so hateful. Her recent blog post just about did me in and I was close to leaving her a comment.  I bet she make sure all the female nurses and doctors she comes in contact with feel like dirt.

I really think Lori has big insecurity issues of women with high flying careers. I think she’s intimidated by the female dentists and consultants Ken has come in contact with and the female doctors. Perhaps Ken has made comments about finding their intelligence attractive many years ago, since Lori has none. 

She really perceives women as a threat to her. In the chat group she said something like “As I approach almost 60 years of age, I no longer care about what I look like, my gray roots, or wrinkles.” We know that is a lie. As she’s getting older and bound to get more wrinkles, she’s been even more bitter about younger women. I think she has major jealousy issues. She has a certain hate for women that I have not ever witnessed before.

@luv2laugh I agree with most of your post except for the part of Lori making the female nurses and doctors feel like dirt. I think she would like to make them feel bad but needs them too much so holds imaginary conversations in which she comes out triumphant. I think she feels intimidated and scared when she has to talk to people who are smarter than she is ( most of the world ) . There is no delete button in a real-life conversation.

She has said that all female doctors she has seen have told her they wish they could be home with their children. To which I say bullshit. 

If women make up the entire top 10 of a med school class, isn't that some pretty good evidence that God intends women to be doctors since he gave them the skills to be so much better at it than men are? I don't think that example is making the point Lori wants to make.

So today Lori is going off on modesty, again, quoting David C. Cooke, who says among other things 'Skin tight clothes, very short skirts, and plunging necklines that reveal so much of the body never can please the Lord.'  Right. We've all seen the pictures of Lori wearing the shorts, and the deep neckline.  I guess she just hates God and his perfect ways.  

How do these godly people have so many weird interactions? Lori wrote a doodle that a waitress told her that she got a letter telling her they were offended being called ladies and wanted her fired. In another post or doodle ( I can't remember), she wrote that every female doctor she has met has regretted becoming a doctor.  I have never heard these type of personal interaction unless maybe they were friends. She either goads people she meets into saying things or she is simply lying. 

Also, in her doodles, does it drive anyone else crazy that she always hyphenates words when she runs out of space. I was also taught that you can do this but that it is should only be used when you start out writing a word and didn't realize there is not enough space to finish it. Using hyphens were okay in exams but not anything that would be passed in and certainly not for anything that would be published. 

On 6/5/2018 at 11:59 PM, Hisey said:

I'd be curious to know what you do with the chocolate mint. I have a ton. For that matter, what do you do with the other mints, like pineapple or lime?

Treat it like regular peppermint. The chocolate mint, I mean.

Years ago I found that tea made from chocolate mint, which always seemed a bit stronger in flavor than peppermint, was an excellent cough remedy. As such, most of mine gets dried and put away for cold and bronchitis season.

I'm not familiar with the other mints, but I'm guessing they are variations of spearmint, in which case, treat them like regular spearmint. (google the recipe for Canlis salad!)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived