IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

1 hour ago, Meeka said:

How do these godly people have so many weird interactions? Lori wrote a doodle that a waitress told her that she got a letter telling her they were offended being called ladies and wanted her fired. In another post or doodle ( I can't remember), she wrote that every female doctor she has met has regretted becoming a doctor.  I have never heard these type of personal interaction unless maybe they were friends. She either goads people she meets into saying things or she is simply lying. 

Also, in her doodles, does it drive anyone else crazy that she always hyphenates words when she runs out of space. I was also taught that you can do this but that it is should only be used when you start out writing a word and didn't realize there is not enough space to finish it. Using hyphens were okay in exams but not anything that would be passed in and certainly not for anything that would be published. 

You mean you don't engage your doctor in discussion about his or her private life and personal thoughts and regrets? What exactly do you go to the doctor for, then, if not to pry into the personal lives of everyone working in the office? And you don't ask your servers about their personal circumstances and nose into their employment situation? Why do you eat out? And where exactly do you think you are going to get anecdotes to prove your batshit crazy theology? 

/sarcasm off/ 

I'm going to go with she totally makes it all up. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The is on Dale's page. By husband who are not gentle, is that code for abusive? IOW, hey just because men aren't gentle doesn't mean they don't love their wives. WOW. 

kennotsogentle.thumb.PNG.e594bc3a6ae4170c9db59fc89d69299e.PNG

BTW you know the other bummer about no more 2.0 is all of his 400 comments or so from there are gone. I captured some of the best ones but some of those may have been helpful someday. 

1 hour ago, Meeka said:

How do these godly people have so many weird interactions? Lori wrote a doodle that a waitress told her that she got a letter telling her they were offended being called ladies and wanted her fired. In another post or doodle ( I can't remember), she wrote that every female doctor she has met has regretted becoming a doctor.  I have never heard these type of personal interaction unless maybe they were friends. She either goads people she meets into saying things or she is simply lying. 

Also, in her doodles, does it drive anyone else crazy that she always hyphenates words when she runs out of space. I was also taught that you can do this but that it is should only be used when you start out writing a word and didn't realize there is not enough space to finish it. Using hyphens were okay in exams but not anything that would be passed in and certainly not for anything that would be published. 

I don’t believe the story in the doodle. And I’ve read it or something very similar before- so she’s either recycling doodles or has posted something said by someone else. 

Then there's Earl, who's always lurking around looking for something to whine about:

You can tell that Earl has a full, happy, rich, busy life, by the way he hangs around a woman's blog whining about women who don't even know he exists (and wouldn't care).

BTW you know the other bummer about no more 2.0 is all of his 400 comments or so from there are gone. I captured some of the best ones but some of those may have been helpful someday. 

Can I suggest a 3.0? 

I just scrolled through Lori's Facebook...

Can I just say how angry fundies like her make me? 

Kindergartners are learning lockdown songs in school because students and teachers are regularly getting shot. Thousands of people died in Puerto Rico because our president is racist and incompetent. Racial discrimination is alive and well in this country and daily having a negative impact on the lives of people of color. Refugees seeking asylum are having their children taken away from them at our borders......

And these damn fundies are worrying about important issues like what women wear and whether or not the word "ladies" is used enough and how clean people's houses are and whether a woman has a job or not....

Get out of your legalistic little stupid ass bubble, Lori (and everyone else like her!) and look around. The world has real problems that are much more important than the length of people's shorts. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

You mean you don't engage your doctor in discussion about his or her private life and personal thoughts and regrets? What exactly do you go to the doctor for, then, if not to pry into the personal lives of everyone working in the office?...

I went to the doctor this morning! I think she has kids. Or a kid. This is based on the discussion we had about nail polish, where she said the last time she had hers done it was by a 9-year-old, so I'm guessing she has a kid. I'm not totally sure. I do know she hasn't done gel polish and didn't know you could do the UV cured kind yourself, and that she's likely to make a trip to Sally's soon to get some to try.

She complimented my nails and did not say one word about nail polish causing infertility, cancer, or any other sort of problems. She did not express regret about her job, or share anything else about her private life.

She also bumped up the dose on my depression meds, so I'm crossing my fingers things continue to improve!

46 minutes ago, Hisey said:

You can tell that Earl has a full, happy, rich, busy life, by the way he hangs around a woman's blog whining about women who don't even know he exists (and wouldn't care).

Can I suggest a 3.0? 

I would do a 3.0 different tho. I can see how the page got taken down. Linking to her blog in the about is section, using her page banner, etc. 

Someone needs to post Lori's comment about hitting ken and abuse on that ken comment. 

Lori, if the television commercials are so bad, why are you still watching them? I switch channels whenever there are commercials.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The is on Dale's page. By husband who are not gentle, is that code for abusive? IOW, hey just because men aren't gentle doesn't mean they don't love their wives. WOW. 

kennotsogentle.thumb.PNG.e594bc3a6ae4170c9db59fc89d69299e.PNG

But a weak, easily deceived, not really smart female can make an abusive man not abuse by  winning him without a word - but a big ,strong,  all powerful male can't open a woman's heart by being nice to her?  I do not understand this  - once again.  God and His perfect ways are simply beyond my intelligence  I guess.   

On 6/6/2018 at 1:02 AM, Koala said:

*To be counted, the Instagram had to have a picture of the bread/bread making process, and have the words "Sourdough Einkorn Bread"*  

In third grade, I had a teacher who wanted to give us a symbolic way to get rid of a couple of words/sayings so as to encourage us not to use them as part of our vocabulary.   The first one was "ain't" and the second was "shut up"   I guess those were her pet peeves. So all of us in the class had to write those words on a piece of paper. She took everyone's papers and put them in a shoe box. Then she gave it to the custodian to get rid of them in the schools trash compactor. 

Oh, how I want to put the words "Sourdough Einkorn Bread" in a box and do likewise.  Along with "sure" "modest" "you sure must hate God's ways"  and "big salad"    I'm there are more! 

How about Truly Transformed for a Facebook page? It's close but not too close. Because I kinda liked where the other one was going. Like here they didn't seem to just talk about Lori but invest in helping others out. So in many way I could see it transforming women's lives by building them up. It would also give Lori's followers a chance to see real compassion.  

Girls, I have something to share: I just passed my final med school exam! :dramallama-nanner:

A lot of you said something similar already but I just wantee to tell you how much I appreciate the openness of our community here and how much I enjoy the discussion s. The snark as well as the more serious ones.

FJ always delivered when i needed a study break :my_biggrin: You folks helped me through med school! So THANK YOU :hug:

Much love and hugs! :my_heart:

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I would do a 3.0 different tho. I can see how the page got taken down. Linking to her blog in the about is section, using her page banner, etc. 

Someone needs to post Lori's comment about hitting ken and abuse on that ken comment. 

THAT comment needs to be the cover.  Lori is dangerous.  She IS a spousal abuser, so she is no position to advise abuse victims.    

Today, Lori says:

Tell me, how bad will TV have to get before Christians get rid of it 

Lori?  You have a tv (complete with cable).  Remember?  Here is it!  It's the giant thing in your living room.

tv.PNG.df97bccea22cef71505367c8ff9d5d79.PNG

5 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Girls, I have something to share: I just passed my final med school exam!

Congratulations!!  That is so exciting :tw_smile:

A friend just got his results too and we're going to have a barbecue this weekend. :roasting:

Since Premed my dream was to set my notes on fire and grill marshmallows over them :shifty:

Already got my first graduation present :) Yes, this adult, soon-to-be-doctor loves plushies :)

20180607_203509.jpg

8 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

A friend just got his results too and we're going to have a barbecue this weekend. :roasting:

Since Premed my dream was to set my notes on fire and grill marshmallows over them :shifty:

Already got my first graduation present :) Yes, this adult, almost doctor loves plushies :)

20180607_203509.jpg

Congrats!  And I love those plushies!  A few years ago I did some of my holiday shopping at ThinkGeek.  That year my kids all got Ebola from me, and I gave my husband (not married yet at the time) herpes.  :pb_lol: 

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

Lori, if the television commercials are so bad, why are you still watching them? I switch channels whenever there are commercials.

I wonder why she hasn't quit TV altogether. She has had complaints in the past about TV. I get that some people don't like TV and watch very little or no TV.  I think commercials are annoying, but most of them when they are on I'll check something on my phone or laptop if it's nearby.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori?  You have a tv (complete with cable).  Remember?  Here is it!  It's the giant thing in your living room.

Congratulations!!  That is so exciting :tw_smile:

Well, she loves her Hallmark movies. She and Kenny boy could quit cable and do streaming where they pay for different services. Hallmark has their own standalone streaming service for their shows and movies. I know a fundie lite couple that subscribes to the Hallmark service and those streaming services that have Christian movies or family friendly shows in their libraries.

Kenny boy probably watches shows and movies on other cable channels and maybe he's watching some risque content when Lori isn't nearby. They probably disagree over a lot of TV shows or movies. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds Hallmark movies to bland for his taste.

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

You folks helped me through med school!

Go get em' Dr. Squiddysquid!    have a wonderful career helping others! 

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Girls, I have something to share: I just passed my final med school exam! :dramallama-nanner:

A lot of you said something similar already but I just wantee to tell you how much I appreciate the openness of our community here and how much I enjoy the discussion s. The snark as well as the more serious ones.

FJ always delivered when i needed a study break :my_biggrin: You folks helped me through med school! So THANK YOU :hug:

Much love and hugs! :my_heart:

Congrats!

But, inquiring minds want to know...assuming you are a woman, will you regret all the time, effort and expense of medical school and eventually wish you could stay home with your kids??  And will you discuss this at length with your patients??  Because apparently every other female doctor woman does!

11 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Congrats!

But, inquiring minds want to know...assuming you are a woman, will you regret all the time, effort and expense of medical school and eventually wish you could stay home with your kids??  And will you discuss this at length with your patients??  Because apparently every other female doctor woman does!

Ohh i will not regret living the student life :my_biggrin: and there's no fees to pay back, I had a full scholarship (high school valedictorian *bragging over*)

My mom is a doctor too and she doesn't regret anything. She is sort of retired now but still works part time. Not because she needs the extra money, she just enjoys it.

3 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Not because she needs the extra money, she just enjoys it.

So she tells you. I'm sure she tells her patients the real truth! 

Seriously, though...Congratulations!! 

So once again we're back to modesty and Lori's ethnocentric view is on full display. Not every culture views modesty by Lori's terms. In some cultures she would be considered extremely vulgar and immodest regardless of what she does or doesn't put on her body or how she views adornment. Boasting about clothing would be frowned upon as immodest behavior. Even in the time of Jesus, clothing was not seen in Lori's limited, white, western christian viewpoint. 

The very concept of body coverings is in itself up for a debate about modesty. Some textile historians believe that body coverings were born of vanity, not shame. Nakedness hasn't always been "shameful" and with the advent of cloth, adorning oneself could have been considered showy and immodest.

Textiles themselves have a very un-Christian beginning. Some believed that there was a female deity that gifted the ability to spin, weave, and dye to women because she saw a mother weeping when her baby died of the cold. The diety took pity and taught this human woman the divine art to be passed on and spare lives.

Regardless of the beliefs of orgin, cloth was thought to be holy and sacred and cutting it amounted to sacrilege. Cutting the fibers meant compromising the weave which gave protection from illness, curses, and the evil eye, so men and women alike simply draped thier bodies with it. When cultivation and herding became more widely practiced, draped fabric became impractical so people began to sew simple garments without cutting the fabric. Eventually even this became impractical and when people began cutting cloth, they had to find a way to compensate for the lost magical properties. This is how body coverings became adorned. Anywhere the fabric was cut needed reinforcing protection so neck holes, arm holes and hems were decorated with embroidery, shells, small pieces of mica, etc., to distract evil spirits. These ideas of protection still live on today. The embroidered blouse with the interesting pattern that you wear quite possibly has a forgotten meaning. 

Even today there are indigenous cultures practicing adornment as protection and status. Modesty exists as a standard of who you are and is separated from bodily adornment.

Sorry for the long post and boring you all with fabric talk. Lori is ignorant on so many levels. It makes me laugh because it's so ridiculous and breaks my heart at the same time because there are women who listen.

11 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

So she tells you. I'm sure she tells her patients the real truth! 

Seriously, though...Congratulations!! 

Thank you!

That must be why my mum just bought a weekend house :pb_lol:

She has 2 cats as well. One fell into the pond recently (don't worry, the only thing hurt was her pussy dignity). She thought that algae stuff on top was solid... Left a kinda cat-shaped hole on the water surface :)

Screenshot_2018-06-07-22-24-01.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived