Jump to content
IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17


Recommended Posts

Someone Out There

 

On 5/27/2018 at 7:52 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

Goes for me too while trying to be vegan. Giving up meat, not a problem, giving up sweets not so easy. :confusion-helpsos:

Chocolate can definately be vegan.  e.g. For example the dark lindt that you get in Australia http://www.lindt.com.au/shop/excellence-aus/excellence-70-cocoa-aus (admittedly there may be traces of milk).  If you want sweeter varieties I'm sure they are available.

Realistically I see no reason why you would need to give up sweets by going Vegan, it is more about picking and choosing which you have.  Sugar is from a plant... Hey it even looks like there are gelatin substitutes... https://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-and-vegan-substitutes-for-gelatin-tips-from-the-kitchn-189478 .  If you want to make your jelly type lollies.

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SapphireSlytherin

    27

  • tabitha2

    21

  • Rachel333

    16

  • Carm_88

    16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh women can't win. Overweight? You need to lose it. You'd be so pretty if you lost the weight.  Chubby? It's just the last 10 pounds.  Lose the weight? Are you sick or something? You w

I recently lost my girl after 12 years together. The last pic of her enjoying the sunshine :)

Earlier this year the original Gerber baby met the latest Gerber baby.

Posted Images

adidas
On 5/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

For you:

  Hide contents

chocolate-salad.jpg.3a479cfa10e0763f80fc9861630e1866.jpg

 

Similarly, if you have a mocha soy latte it’s the same as having a 3 bean salad ;)

  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

Marcus is sweet, precious and growing in his knowledge of the Lord. There. No one else needs to give them clicks.

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 20
  • Thank You 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sky with diamonds
On 6/3/2018 at 12:15 AM, Someone Out There said:

 

Chocolate can definately be vegan.  e.g. For example the dark lindt that you get in Australia http://www.lindt.com.au/shop/excellence-aus/excellence-70-cocoa-aus (admittedly there may be traces of milk).  If you want sweeter varieties I'm sure they are available.

Realistically I see no reason why you would need to give up sweets by going Vegan, it is more about picking and choosing which you have.  Sugar is from a plant... Hey it even looks like there are gelatin substitutes... https://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-and-vegan-substitutes-for-gelatin-tips-from-the-kitchn-189478 .  If you want to make your jelly type lollies.

Thanks for this, I will go check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
imokit

Health food shops have vegan chocolate and I raided a large UK supermarket  (in a small town) and came out with dark, white and (fake milk) chocolate bars, and chocolate chip cookies!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittikatz

Bulk barn also has a lot of varieties of vegan chocolate. My vegan friends swear by them - I'm not a fan of dark chocolate so they are wasted on me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
YoungAndHaggard
On 6/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, Bad Wolf said:

 

Marcus is sweet, precious and growing in his knowledge of the Lord. There. No one else needs to give them clicks.

 

Rufus bless. I always hate clicking on the Duggars’ stuff, but I’m also soooo curious haha

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
EyesOpen

Happy birthday Anna... I pray for you that it is truly a happy year... I feel for this woman. I know she could leave but I also understand the pressures she’s been raised with and having so many small kids to think of. Paitriarchy really traps these women by hookor by crook... either they really believe this bull shit or tens of small children and no viable way to workand pay for their care will do it. :sad:

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
elsiedindin

British junk food is great. I really enjoyed prawn cocktail crisps when I tried them -- wish that flavor was available here. Also Curly Wurlys (not recommended for orthodontia). The Marks and Spencer Jaffa cakes are pretty delicious too, nice thick chocolate.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMumma
8 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Happy birthday Anna... I pray for you that it is truly a happy year... I feel for this woman. I know she could leave but I also understand the pressures she’s been raised with and having so many small kids to think of. Paitriarchy really traps these women by hookor by crook... either they really believe this bull shit or tens of small children and no viable way to workand pay for their care will do it. :sad:

That's the thing... load a woman down a bunch of kids and leaving, I would imagine, would be a statistical nightmare.  There  would also be precious little support for her if she left.  Two kids  I figure would be kind of manageable as a single mum... but 4 or 5?? I wouldn't want to try!  I know there are people who do it... but yakes!

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wanderer
3 hours ago, elsiedindin said:

British junk food is great. I really enjoyed prawn cocktail crisps when I tried them -- wish that flavor was available here.

My friend’s stepfather was from London and he would always bring them back for the family, so I was lucky enough to get to have them years before I got to go there myself. They are the best!

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
tabitha2

My grandmother did. She got on on a bus from upstate New York to Houston in 1962 with 3 children and little to no money.  She worked like a dog and they only had potatoe pancakes for dinner a lot but they made it. 

Anna really wanted to to make very hard choices and give up her relatively cushy life like my grandma did she could.  They would not  be starving or homeless after all. But keeping this marriage together is something she is obviously determined to do. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
BernRul
4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

My grandmother did. She got on on a bus from upstate New York to Houston in 1962 with 3 children and little to no money.  She worked like a dog and they only had potatoe pancakes for dinner a lot but they made it. 

Anna really wanted to to make very hard choices and give up her relatively cushy life like my grandma did she could.  They would not  be starving or homeless after all. But keeping this marriage together is something she is obviously determined to do. 

Yeah, I agree. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked Anna. Before the scandals, she acted as smug as Josh. She also talked a lot about having twins and having as many babies as possible, and she quoted the Perls book about how it's better to have a husband who doesn't take out the trash than not having a husband at all. I remember being really angry when she made a baby mobile as a wedding present for one of the Duggar girls. The girl wasn't even married yet, and Anna went straight to "yay babies!" Not only does that show how much she supports the Quiverfull lifestyles for herself and others, but what if the girl had been inferitle like Michael Bates or struggled with multiple miscarriages like Erin? That mobile would have been a cruel reminder, but of course Anna didn't even consider that.

Anna has a few siblings who have given up the fundie lifestyle, too. She's always been 100% committed to it. She's always struck me as the biggest koolaid drinker, even more than Jill. For a while, she preached this harmful lifestyle while reaping nothing but benefits as her husband worked for a hate group that tried to restrict others' rights. 

I feel sorry for Anna because no one deserves to be cheated on like that. She did nothing to deserve it and it sucks that she likely got all of the blame from other fundies. I do feel bad for her for that. But people seem to forget that Anna was always extremely fundie and smug about it. If she really wanted to, she could leave and set a better example for her children, but the truth is she doesn't want to leave. She loves this lifestyle and she's going to try to make it work even though it's clear Josh doesn't love her. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
tabitha2

Well I ain’t mad at her but she is no helpless victim either. Evidently She wants to be where she is and who she is so why should people  cry for her?

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sky with diamonds

I have mixed feelings about Anna. She deserves better that crapface for a husband. I feel sorry that Josh cheated on her. That other scandal, I don't think I could stand by anyone who did what Josh did. 

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I have mixed feelings about Anna. She deserves better that crapface for a husband. I feel sorry that Josh cheated on her. That other scandal, I don't think I could stand by anyone who did what Josh did. 

So much this. I feel like any other girl after learning about the first thing that Josh did would have run for the hills and never would have tried to have a relationship with him. However, I have said this before and I'll say it again I think her father forced her into a relationship with Josh. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tabitha2

She wouldn’t not  use her dad as an excuse for staying with him and neither should we. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BernRul
35 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

However, I have said this before and I'll say it again I think her father forced her into a relationship with Josh. 

No more than Josh's father forced him into a relationship with Anna. I don't want to sound like I'm defending Josh (because gross) but I don't think he had much choice in the matter either, and his actions show that he isn't happy with his life with Anna. I think Josh's biggest character flaw (and I know there's  a lot to choose from) is that he's a coward. Instead of divorcing Anna and admitting that his family's lifestyle isn't for him, he's too afraid to break away from his controlling parents and forge a life for himself. That's too scary, so he'll stay with Anna and probably cheat on her again and make their entire family miserable. Both Josh and Anna were paraded around as this perfect fundie Quiverfull couple, but the truth is both of their families cheated them from having the chance to make their own lives. 

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jatalie1996

@BernRul, fortunately I'm pretty sure that particular scene was actually timeline fudging on TLC's part. The scene was supposed to be about them making wedding gifts, but one of the M kids said they were making something for Jill's new baby. Anna quickly jumped in and said something like "Yeah, they'll have babies after they get married". I completely agree with your sentiment, though.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seculardaisy
13 minutes ago, BernRul said:

No more than Josh's father forced him into a relationship with Anna. I don't want to sound like I'm defending Josh (because gross) but I don't think he had much choice in the matter either, and his actions show that he isn't happy with his life with Anna. I think Josh's biggest character flaw (and I know there's  a lot to choose from) is that he's a coward. Instead of divorcing Anna and admitting that his family's lifestyle isn't for him, he's too afraid to break away from his controlling parents and forge a life for himself. That's too scary, so he'll stay with Anna and probably cheat on her again and make their entire family miserable. Both Josh and Anna were paraded around as this perfect fundie Quiverfull couple, but the truth is both of their families cheated them from having the chance to make their own lives. 

Nah, Josh’s worst quality is that he molested his sisters. 

Josh and Anna both suck but Josh super sucks. And honestly I don’t think it would be the best move for him to leave Anna, he needs her too much because her staying is the only way he can try and rebuild his character. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
BernRul
6 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Nah, Josh’s worst quality is that he molested his sisters. 

Well yes, but I was thinking more of a personality trait. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Buzzard locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I survived ... Ish. I'm all moved again, another 1500 miles from where the cats and I were living before. I'm in the new apartment, and kitties are adjusting well. I've only cried 6 times since Saturday! #progress.
      By the way, sorry about the summer logo swap taking its sweet time. Real life was a little too much and it got forgotten. 
      · 0 replies
    • HermioneSparrow

      HermioneSparrow

      Please pray for me as I'm battling covid and not doing so well. 
      · 17 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      A happy summer solstice to all northern hemisphere FJers! And a happy winter solstice to all southern hemisphere FJers! (I know it's already Monday is Australia, so I'm late for most of you.)

      ETA--Oh! I just checked, and the winter solstice is at 1:31 PM on Monday, June 21 in Eastern Australia Time. So, for once the time zones worked in my favor. I'm not late!
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I'm so angry at the Bishops right now. Shit like this is why I left the Catholic church. They play politics so blatantly.  I hope this convinces more people to leave. 
      · 1 reply
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I’m okay. I can do this. 
       
      (I’m not okay.)
      · 6 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I have an extremely stressful weekend coming up. If you can spare me and the kitties some good thoughts I’d appreciate it. 
      · 1 reply
    • Mrs Ms

      Mrs Ms

      One of my siblings has a work related thing coming up where they get to visit a fundie place. Has promised a detailed rundown of the encounter for me and another sibling via video chat. Not that I am jealous or anything….
      · 1 reply
    • BemusedByFundamentalism

      BemusedByFundamentalism

      My in-laws gifted me a hand crank Singer 127k family piece for my birthday. It's from 1926... whoaaahh I feel so loved! Any tips are welcome 😃
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      They don't make movies like that anymore....
       
       
      And...oh yeah.  KHAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!
      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      My grandmother came from a town in Missouri of (now) population ~14,500 and 8 Baptist churches.  Not counting all the other denominations, that's just the Baptists.  
      MY grandfather came from Drimoleauge, Ireland which has a current population of ~450 people (not a typo) and 1 church and 5 pubs.  
      If I get a time machine take a wild guess which ancestors I'm going back to visit?  I'm not social, don't enjoy bars, and prefer to imbibe at home but sitting in a pub has to be better than being Godbothered to death by people pretending they don't drink.  
      Fun unrelated fact - Martin Luther spent so much time on the toilet he had a desk built so he could work there, and would take meetings while actively pooping.   He also wrote letters to people with vivid descriptions of his poops.   That should make everyone feel a little better about their work place and emails.
      · 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.