Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
dripcurl

Raquel Strikes Again

Recommended Posts

thoughtful

Raquel, this guy is begging you to write about him again:

Spoiler

1670464021_Raquelsmysticalorangepenisferretwhostandsonballsthatmustbeheldfirmly.jpg.1376e3be18571ea1c7d7a1e3f3d09100.jpg

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
catlady

oh

oh ferrett

oh orange ferret

oh mystical orange ferret

oh mystical orange penis ferret

scurry about the forest with me

as we envelop ourselves with nature

and become one with the wind 

and wake up with the sun warming our souls.

 

--written by CatLady in 6.5 minutes because i was paying attention to the dog.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
CyborgKin
Quote

Post pictures of it on social medias and tag me!

Someone should tell her that 'social media' is the plural of 'social medium'.

 

(It's called a medium because it's rarely well done. ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace
Quote

We need to introduce people to healing.

And lately, I have felt a very strange heaviness to write on this topic.  Maybe because it's not as common of a subject as I think it should be.

I am sure people would love to feel happy and whole

it's just that it never occurred to them 

never mind, I am here to help 

hello how are you, may I introduce you to healing 

no one is writing about it, not sure why

maybe they do and I just don't read much 

(written in three minutes) 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

Rain. Why must it keep raining. 

The rain does wash the yellow pollen off my car

It runs in yellow rivulets down my driveway

Pot holes keep forming in the roads because of the never ending rain 

These holes create small pools that could be used by fairies

Except they would get squished by the cars so they shouldn't do that

It really makes it hard to drive 

Into each life some rain must fall

Some days must be dark and dreary. 

Written in three minutes. And sure SOME people might say that the last two lines were written by Longfellow, but they are on Pinterest so that means I can claim I wrote them. 

 

Raquel's poem of the day. 

Spoiler

Day 11 
(written in 10 minutes)

“Blue ain’t your color,” you would say.
“Because it doesn’t match your eyes.”
And then you’d hit replay 
And we would listen to the song over again
While you were shaving
While I was writing
While you were working
While I was watching
And you would smile when you noticed me singing along to it
Because you weren’t just another guy who tried to get me drunk and take me home
And you loved staring into my brown eyes and telling me that the color blue was for the sky, and for neon lights
But that was a long time ago
So now, whenever that song comes on the radio
I sing it for both of us
But mostly for me
Because my eyes are still the color of dark chocolate
And you don’t light up my world anymore.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Lisafer
28 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Rain. Why must it keep raining. 

The rain does wash the yellow pollen off my car

It runs in yellow rivulets down my driveway

Pot holes keep forming in the roads because of the never ending rain 

These holes create small pools that could be used by fairies

Except they would get squished by the cars so they shouldn't do that

It really makes it hard to drive 

Into each life some rain must fall

Some days must be dark and dreary. 

Written in three minutes. And sure SOME people might say that the last two lines were written by Longfellow, but they are on Pinterest so that means I can claim I wrote them. 

 

 

And this pollen

Of which my friend, who was formerly a Gothardite, wrote:

It is upon my car also.

And the color of my eyes is more red than it should be

Because that stuff is so darn itchy.

So I sit and eat leftover Christmas chocolate

On account of the PMS

And giggle at the internet forums

Which I read with such frequency and rapt attention. 

Written in approximately 90 seconds by Lisafer

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

friends

you have bigger problems than pollen

it's april  

and you still have left over chocolate from christmas 

what is the matter with you

  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Lisafer
26 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

friends

you have bigger problems than pollen

it's april  

and you still have left over chocolate from christmas 

what is the matter with you

Forgive me of my sins

It was given to me by my mother-in-law

On Tuesday

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

I love this poetry conversation

this is the best thread

you all rock

not going to record the writing time here

because I'm on the phone

so slow to type

stupid touch screen

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
catlady

It is now April.

Christmas candy is long gone.

Eat Easter candy.

 

a haiku written in one minute, one-handed while cuddling a cat.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rowan

It is April

Some people

think

that Christmas candy

should be consumed by now.

But I have leftover Girl Scout Cookies

(not made out of real Girl Scouts)

From two years ago.

How blessed it is

to be able to eat

carbs again.

The cookies won't last long.

But the hunger in my heart remains. 

(aren't I deep and thoughtful?)

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

While the rain may washeth away the pollen

The continual soggy ground bringeth fourth the mosquitoes. 

Would the ecosystem really collapse if they went extinct? 

As for candy I did buy some discount vegan Halloween candy fairly recently. 

Chocolate pumpkins taste just as good as chocolate eggs. 

Raquel wrote a poem about being in an abuse relationship. I guilty about doubting her story of abuse, but Raquel does have a history of making every single person who slightly disagrees with her into a horrible, abusive monster.

Spoiler

 

 

One her personal page she posted a picture of herself and wrote this:

Quote

She never looked nice. She was rather messy. She looked like art. And art wasn’t supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrie

Part of the issue

Is that Raquel takes in vague generalities

Like a handwave

That encompasses the whole world

How can you believe her claims

When she never actually makes them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Lisafer
2 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Part of the issue

Is that Raquel takes in vague generalities

Like a handwave

That encompasses the whole world

How can you believe her claims

When she never actually makes them

Why thank you Terrie

You're quite right, you know

Because I can't tell

If her boyfriend beat her

Or merely tried to tell her

There was a booger in her nose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pianokeeper
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

While the rain may washeth away the pollen

The continual soggy ground bringeth fourth the mosquitoes. 

Would the ecosystem really collapse if they went extinct? 

As for candy I did buy some discount vegan Halloween candy fairly recently. 

Chocolate pumpkins taste just as good as chocolate eggs. 

Raquel wrote a poem about being in an abuse relationship. I guilty about doubting her story of abuse, but Raquel does have a history of making every single person who slightly disagrees with her into a horrible, abusive monster.

  Hide contents

 

 

 

 

When Raquel says

that this person's voice was

always an octave higher,

is she claiming that

she used to date

Jennifer Tilly

or Cyndi Lauper?  -- 

because girl,

for somebody

who claims

to know

sound

and

music

I don't think

that word means

what you think

it means 

 

 -- written in 2 minutes while eating M&M cookies

Edited by Pianokeeper
DID NOT CASH IN ON HOW QUICKLY POME WAS WRIT
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrie

In truth

She sounds like she 

dated a broken radio

Volume stuck on high

Pitch equally skewed

And maybe she did

She imbues things

with meaning

Well beyond their form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

Her joy sounds rather scary. Eight faces and essential oils? My joy looks like fuzzy kittens and smells like brownies. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

Rain at the window

No longer annoys

The roofer came yesterday

Dave, his name

He fixed the leak

He petted my dog

My windowsill remains dry

 

- written in 30 seconds, while the dog snored. And it's all TRUE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
refugee
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Her joy sounds rather scary. Eight faces and essential oils? My joy looks like fuzzy kittens and smells like brownies. 

 

Several of the poems have made me think of teenage fantasies of marriage and children and my own house, which I always imagined would be a much pleasanter place than being under my parents’ roof.

(eta: imagine 8 shining, happy children’s faces that “around the table go” like in the old Christmas carol. In such a fantasy, conjured by Raquel “poetry” and youngmom Instagram posts, the kids are all dressed in white, have tumbling or tousled curls, and are adorably cute and cheerful. A slightly out-of-focus bouquet of flowers, carelessly-artfully arranged, is in the center of the table, and wide windows let in light and the impression of green outdoors)

Edited by refugee
Another thought and phone typing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
refugee
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Why thank you Terrie

You're quite right, you know

Because I can't tell

If her boyfriend beat her

Or merely tried to tell her

There was a booger in her nose

Day-um. Going to write in vague generalities as I see people taking up the abuse-doubting theme. 

Even (apparently) totally self-absorbed immature people can have abusers in their past, and have trouble articulating what happened. 

(She did.)

(Mods, if you think I am trolling, please contact me and I will privately answer any questions I can.)

Edited by refugee
Trying not to say too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Lisafer
51 minutes ago, refugee said:

Day-um. Going to write in vague generalities as I see people taking up the abuse-doubting theme. 

Even (apparently) totally self-absorbed immature people can have abusers in their past, and have trouble articulating what happened. 

(She did.)

(Mods, if you think I am trolling, please contact me and I will privately answer any questions I can.)

Fair enough. I apologize for going too far with that poem and for hurting anyone. 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
refugee
50 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Fair enough. I apologize for going too far with that poem and for hurting anyone. 💜

I just picked you at random from several. Hugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Lisafer
34 minutes ago, refugee said:

I just picked you at random from several. Hugs.

You're right though. I was being way too mean with that one and I'm sorry. I'll lay off Raquel for a bit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrie

@refugee I'm sorry to hear that. No one deserves to go through something like that. I know one thing that we've commented on in the past is that her holding onto a fantasy of a guy who will be her Prince Charming and seeing every new guy as The Guy who got her on some impossibly mystical level was something that left her vulnerable to that exact thing, and I'm sorry to hear those concerns proved to be true.

That said, the over the top, Deeply Profound writing style that she bring to everything means it's hard to tell if any given poem is about actual abuse, or about a guy who tried to enforce his boundaries with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
Shoobydoo

Honestly, considering how Raquel attaches herself like a lamprey to any man that holds still long enough, it would not surprise me at all if she ran into a few abusers. She obviously has some self esteem issues underneath all the narcissistic bluster*, and an abuser could see right through that and take advantage of it.

*At least I assume she does. She could also just be legitimately that stupid. Dunning-Kruger effect and all that. Not that she deserves abuse either way; I'm glad she apparently got away from whoever than was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.