IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

Raquel has yet another mundane, generic, purposeless article up. At the end, she says

"A wise man once said –

“Don’t regret things.

Why?

Because you never lose in life.

You either win or you learn.” 

I knew this sounded familiar and sure enough the wise man is indeed Nelson Mandela. 

I am someone who used to be very passionate about writing and am  just now diving back into it, I wondered for a moment if she is in the clear by saying "a wise man once said"? But I don't think she is! I feel like that phrase is reserved for generic old sayings that cannot be traced back to any one person. Nelson Mandela obviously does not fall into that category. Why can't she simply give credit where credit is due?

https://thoughtcatalog.com/raquel-duarte/2018/05/read-this-when-youre-feeling-behind-in-your-20s/

Raquel: You are quite behind in your 20s for assuming no one would notice this.

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I feel like this is just another version of posts she has already written.

Raquel seems to be very insecure an unhappy with her life. These articles seem to be a way to reassure herself that it is all okay. Raquel got a sub-par education, yet was told she was a genius. A lot of her identity is wrapped up in being a writer, yet she quits almost all the things she starts, her book of "poetry" being the exception and that seems to be stuff from her blog. I think college was a huge shock for her. She walked in thinking she wouldn't need any help with writing, but it is pretty obvious she didn't do well in the class. 

She jumped from portraying herself as a modest maiden who dated Jesus, to being a tattooed covered, pierced, cussing, edgy woman who is still dating Jesus. 

She is working two jobs, but I bet her parents are giving her money too. She is stuck in a rut because she is terrified of going back to college and admitting she isn't as amazing as she originally thought. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

But it’s all good in her world, her “man”has returned.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She is working two jobs, but I bet her parents are giving her money too. She is stuck in a rut because she is terrified of going back to college and admitting she isn't as amazing as she originally thought. 

I live in the greater Seattle area, and I am the same age as Raquel. She would have to be getting money from her parents if she is renting a room or sharing an apartment with someone and being able to have the car she has. I know it's still a used car and it's not the fanciest but cars are very expensive up here and rent is insane - Seattle and Portland are very similar right now when it comes to gentrification and the housing market. I'm assuming when she was more strictly on the stay-at-home daughter train that her father allotted her an allowance, hence why she was able to maintain her Dutch Brothers addiction right after high school (remember when she was getting those super expensive drinks several times a day?) I am sure taking those college classes a while back set her back as well a bit.  I'm not just speaking from my own experience, I actually still live with my parents while I am in school, it is the only way to be somewhat comfortable up here. I have many peers who are around my same age and even older and it is a huge battle to try and maintain living outside of your parents home and being financially stable. Many times school cannot happen if you have no help. I know Raquel is not in school now, but given her expenses and how undiscpilined she is, I definitely assume her parents help her out.

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Well, she seems to have jumped on the YL essential oil bandwagon to try and make more money. And she's an idiot about them. In her most recent blog entry, about her skin care regime (I seriously doubt people were clamouring for this), she mentions putting a drop of EO on any blemish in the morning. She doesn't say which one, but implies that it's lemon oil. Lemon oil is phototoxic. It can be safely used on the skin is it's heavily diluted, but that's not what she's recommending. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

Well, she seems to have jumped on the YL essential oil bandwagon to try and make more money. And she's an idiot about them. In her most recent blog entry, about her skin care regime (I seriously doubt people were clamouring for this), she mentions putting a drop of EO on any blemish in the morning. She doesn't say which one, but implies that it's lemon oil. Lemon oil is phototoxic. It can be safely used on the skin is it's heavily diluted, but that's not what she's recommending. 

It totally pisses me off that Raquel, her mother, and others shilling for DoTerra, YL, and other companies don't give any dilution advice.

• Upvote 12

50 Short But Meaningful Text Messages You Can Send To Your Significant Other

21.  I will always be intentional with us.

What does this even mean?  "If I ever hurt you,  rest assured that I meant it."

32.  You're the only one who can make me smile when I'm in a bad mood.

Not really sure I'd want to date the sort of Grumpy McGrumpface who would send me this message. Do I really want to be saddled with the huge responsibility of being the only one who can cheer him up? If I'm the only one he makes the effort to smile with he could be pretty insufferable.

36.  Loving you was the second best thing I ever did.  The first was finding you.

Honestly, meeting you was a bit better than loving you. Sorry.

26.  Thank you for being patient with me.

"We are still not having sex."

17.  Your eyes are my favorite.

Serial killer voice: .. your eyes are my favorite snack.

19.  Hey don't make plans tonight.  I'm coming over.

I don't know about this one either, he sounds a bit bossy and controlling. "Got any plans tonight, can I come over?" would be so much better.

39.  I don't know why you put up with me, but wow, I'm glad you do.

"I'm a jerk and you are a pushover."

47.  You're worth it.

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

It totally pisses me off that Raquel, her mother, and others shilling for DoTerra, YL, and other companies don't give any dilution advice.

Did she edit the post? Because now it says she dilutes the EO with coconut oil.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

NO PARAGONS IN ALBA FACE CLEANSER, Y'ALL! 

There might be parabens, she doesn't address that, but we can be certain there are no paragons.

[Spoiler: there aren't parabens either.]

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 28

Not Raquel's wording, (it's from the package) but "100% vegetarian ingredients " sounds a little stupid to me when you mean "100% plant based" or "contains no animal products". While I'm  convinced that none of the ingredients eat meat I'm pretty sure they don't eat plants either.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

Wow she just got a Twitter again, she must be loving the attention. Hi Raquel! While you're here remember that you don't need any help to pull your head out of your own ass ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Not Raquel's wording, (it's from the package) but "100% vegetarian ingredients " sounds a little stupid to me when you mean "100% plant based" or "contains no animal products". While I'm  convinced that none of the ingredients eat meat I'm pretty sure they don't eat plants either.

I use a scent-free sensitive skin shampoo that proudly claims to be gluten free on the label.  I'm not going to EAT the damn stuff!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I use a scent-free sensitive skin shampoo that proudly claims to be gluten free on the label.  I'm not going to EAT the damn stuff!

People with severe enough enough allergies/intolerances cannot have it topically either since they can't be around it at all. But I understand why it's kind of funny to see on a shampoo since we see that label on so many things now. On my way to school each day I pass a billboard for some really bougie dogfood that says GLUTEN GETS ME TOOTIN'

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

I am positive that Raquel doesn't get any money from her parents except what she gets paid for helping with the YL stuff. 

• Upvote 1

"What I'm getting at here is - like I said, I don't fit stereotypes.  Never have.  And this, dear readers, is why I'm publicly announcing that I am choosing not to be a Christian prototype anymore."

OH MY GOD RAQUEL YOU ARE NOTHING SPECIAL. YOU NEVER WERE A CHRISTIAN PROTOTYPE BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING. YES YOU FALL UNDER STEREOTYPES BUT GUESS WHAT? YOU STILL DO.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe they mean that it’s not made with Venus flytraps?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

16 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

People with severe enough enough allergies/intolerances cannot have it topically either since they can't be around it at all. But I understand why it's kind of funny to see on a shampoo since we see that label on so many things now. On my way to school each day I pass a billboard for some really bougie dogfood that says GLUTEN GETS ME TOOTIN'

I did not know that! It makes more sense now.  I am EXTREMELY sensitive to scents and this was the only sulfate free unscented shampoo I could find.  The conditioner is great, too; it rinses really clean (NO PARAGONS!)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Did she edit the post? Because now it says she dilutes the EO with coconut oil.

She dilutes for her moisturizer (though she fails to say how much), but the paragraph before reads:

[W]hile my pores are still open from the hot water cleanse, I apply a drop of Young Living 100% therapeutic grade essential oil directly on to any blemishes and yes, even scars.

She doesn't actually say it's lemon oil, but thanks to her sloppy writing, that's the only specific oil mentioned, which could do serious damage to someone.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears

it still makes a sound

God can surely make a stone

that is too big for him to carry  

If you send your lover meaningful messages

that you copy pasted from  a random  blog

the messages are still meaningful

If a stranger tells you what to tell your significant other 

it still comes from your heart

so there

you think he's hot

you can tell him I told you so

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Fucking hell Raquel sounds batshit. Dare I jump down a new rabbit hole?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

I did not know that! It makes more sense now.  I am EXTREMELY sensitive to scents and this was the only sulfate free unscented shampoo I could find.  The conditioner is great, too; it rinses really clean (NO PARAGONS!)

May I ask what brand this is?  I generally have to use a medicated shampoo because I have mild psoriasis and eczema (and probably other stuff.  My skin is super special snowflake.  My dermatologist was afraid to have me use what she considers the best OTC lotion because she was afraid it would burn my skin.  The second best, Cetaphil for eczema is magical though), but if I use the same shampoo for too long then I get sores on my head, so I have to have a shampoo to switch out with.  I have to vary those shampoos because I also get sores from those if I use the same one too often.

TL;DR: I have a hard time finding shampoo I can use (and that I like)

41 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Absolutely.  Raquel will always be one of my favorites due to the Mystical Orange Penis Ferret.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Curious said:

Raquel will always be one of my favorites due to the Mystical Orange Penis Ferret.

OK, I'm probably going to regret this but what was that about?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Raquel is so lame lately that I can hardly muster up the energy to snark on her.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

OK, I'm probably going to regret this but what was that about?

Raquel(back when she called herself Miss Raquel), wrote a story with a pure young maiden petting an orange ferret Curious aptly named the Mystical Orange Penis Ferret. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Jump in.

I have a fascination for twits who believe they are special and important. Raquel truly believes she is a deep thinker and everyone she meets is enthralled with her. This is funny when she is just twittering away about her encounters with coffee shop customers but horrifying when she goes to Peru . She freely plagiarizes , is obsessed with her looks and imo , manufactures most of her daily life and purposely lies about most everything. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic